AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-09, 19:05   Link #41
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Considering there are gamers who are yuri and yaoi fans, I wonder if Atlus is willing to let the player choose its own gender and have the homosexual option open.

As for the turn-based system, maybe they could tweak it to be similar to the one in Chrono Trigger.
Old 2013-07-10, 00:43   Link #42
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Considering there are gamers who are yuri and yaoi fans, I wonder if Atlus is willing to let the player choose its own gender and have the homosexual option open.

As for the turn-based system, maybe they could tweak it to be similar to the one in Chrono Trigger.
I think it depends on how they are planning on handling things like social links and events this time around. Also just a question of how much extra work they want to give themselves. A lot of events in Persona 4 were related to the main character interacting with just the guys. If they wanted to do things similarly would have to make mirror events depending on gender. Certainly doable. They managed to insert a female MC in Persona 3's handheld port after all.

Think it would certainly have to be part of their planning from the start. That or just make things more gender neutral.

Do wonder if they'd want to have a homosexual option for the MC. Certainly wouldn't be bad if they handled it well. As in not like Dragon Age 2...

I kind of like the turn-based system personally. Don't see it around that much anymore with the focus on more free-flowing action in RPGs.
Old 2013-07-10, 01:44   Link #43
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Make it like Chrono Trigger? I'll pass thank you, since I don't need time pressuring me as well to make a move on the hardest difficulty setting. I can only imagine how near impossible secret bosses will be if they also added the time element, and that's not something I want.

As for Yuri/Yaoi, it really doesn't bother me either way as I'll just skip them. I do remember P2 hints at Yaoi options, so I wouldn't put it past them to do so. But this time, add an opposite gender childhood friend LI dammit...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 02:41   Link #44
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Yhep the seiyuu (Tanonaka Isamu) has passed away recently. That's why I asked.
Considering the fact that P4U, Persona 4 the Animation and the upcoming Persona 3 Movie all used Tanonaka Isamu's voice for Igor. Atlus probably doesn't want to change Igor's voice. They're a royalist, perhaps? or it's their way of paying respect and tribute to Tanonaka Isamu.

notice how in P4U, Margaret was the only one talking with Narukami when he revisits the Velvet room. The only time we got to see Igor talking was a flashback.

I think that Igor would remain in the velvet room, and probably use the prerecorded voice. Then whoever his partner will be would be the one talking to the MC. But who knows? That's just a theory

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 03:48   Link #45
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Make it like Chrono Trigger? I'll pass thank you, since I don't need time pressuring me as well to make a move on the hardest difficulty setting. I can only imagine how near impossible secret bosses will be if they also added the time element, and that's not something I want.

As for Yuri/Yaoi, it really doesn't bother me either way as I'll just skip them. I do remember P2 hints at Yaoi options, so I wouldn't put it past them to do so. But this time, add an opposite gender childhood friend LI dammit...
I'm with you: I specifically like the persona games due to the turn based nature of the combat system. That and the stereotypical strengths and weaknesses. It's a very simple system to grasp and does its job of padding the narrative quite well. I would mind if it looked more dynamic though instead of having everyone in a straight line/circle.

I think people underestimate the appeal of turn based systems. It's a true testament to their staying power that the single best selling JRPG series sticks by it for years with nearly zero changes (yes, I'm talking about Pokemon)
Old 2013-07-10, 08:23   Link #46
darkchibi07

In discussing about turn-based systems, I hope Atlus finds a way make use of the playable characters not currently in the front line like being able to switch with them or give them support abilities. Frankily the battle system Gust came up with in Mana Khemia was ingenious in handling that, and I'm rather surprised other companies haven't taken notice on it.
Old 2013-07-10, 08:27   Link #47
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I think people underestimate the appeal of turn based systems. It's a true testament to their staying power that the single best selling JRPG series sticks by it for years with nearly zero changes (yes, I'm talking about Pokemon)
Pokémon has added and changed a large number of mechanics to their battle system since the first generation in order to prevent it from getting stale. New types, EV/IV training, physical/magical property split from attack type, passive special abilities like Leviatate, weather... I could go on.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 09:32   Link #48
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Pokémon has added and changed a large number of mechanics to their battle system since the first generation in order to prevent it from getting stale. New types, EV/IV training, physical/magical property split from attack type, passive special abilities like Leviatate, weather... I could go on.
And yet anyone could go from pokemon red straight to black version 2 and feel at home. There was plenty of depth added yes but the core mechanics remained the same and I for one hope that the persona series can take inspiration from it and evolve the system in the same non-revolutionary way.
Old 2013-07-10, 09:59   Link #49
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post

Well, adding in a Female option may be hard enough due to Social Links being voiced and animated in the game. Personally I want a Male and Female option and the option for yaoi/yuri fans would be great but I will still get the game anyway even if it lacks that as I understand that in a game like this it's extremely expensive and it wont have a crazy high EA budget or the such.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 13:52   Link #50
Jun pls

I would really like the option to choose a gender though I wouldn't mind if we still don't get the option (P3P being an exception). But maybe, if there's only one gender, they could make a female character the MC just for a change

About yuri/yaoi options. I don't really care, though I would like an option at the beginning of the playthrough to count them out. People can have their yuri/yaoi of course, but I wouldn't want to accidentally get said route since that's not my cup of tea

About which platform it might be: Please don't quote me on this, but didn't Atlus say once that Catherine was kind of a test for a HD game? If that's true then I don't think we'll get P5 for a handheld console (Vita is awesome, looking at P4G, but, mind you, I am not sure about 3ds doing a great job for this. Though I wouldn't care either way since I've got both handhelds).
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 14:25   Link #51
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
For this game I want a "mature" cast and premise. Here's are thoughts.

Ahem:

1. College or university MC (gender doesn't matter but step out of the high school trend this time)
2. Terrorist incident that is Persona related and linked to the MC in some way.
3. Keep the turn based combat style that P3P and P4G had with more twists and improvements (That's just me because I'm sure none of you won't like that).
4. Have Lotus Juice and Hirata Shihoko come back to sing the vocal tracks.
5. Make the game a little longer and have good amount of replay value.

Those are my thoughts. Here's another thing that I'm really keeping on a lid about.

Regardless of how this game gets done down the line, I'm pretty much anticipating an "updated" version of the same game being developed. 3-4 were none the wiser (Haven't played 1-2 yet), but wouldn't be surprised in the slightest that this game gets the same treatment.
Old 2013-07-10, 15:01   Link #52
Jun pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
For this game I want a "mature" cast and premise. Here's are thoughts.

Ahem:

1. College or university MC (gender doesn't matter but step out of the high school trend this time)
2. Terrorist incident that is Persona related and linked to the MC in some way.
3. Keep the turn based combat style that P3P and P4G had with more twists and improvements (That's just me because I'm sure none of you won't like that).
4. Have Lotus Juice and Hirata Shihoko come back to sing the vocal tracks.
5. Make the game a little longer and have good amount of replay value.

Those are my thoughts. Here's another thing that I'm really keeping on a lid about.

Regardless of how this game gets done down the line, I'm pretty much anticipating an "updated" version of the same game being developed. 3-4 were none the wiser (Haven't played 1-2 yet), but wouldn't be surprised in the slightest that this game gets the same treatment.
1. Awwwww yeah. I'm hoping for university MC so much. I wouldn't mind if we're a character that is a fullfledged worker and some of our comrades are co-workers or something either though!
2. This sounds really interesting!
3. I like the combat style of P4G alot but I wouldn't mind if they changed things to improve it. Though I really dunno what they could add/twist without changing their whole turn based combat style (if you have any ideas I would honestly love to hear them!)
4. I love P3/P4 music so I'm all in for that.
5. Maybe not only playing for one year in-game but maybe 2 or 3 but I guess that's too much to ask for. About replay value. I didn't really like to replay P3 that much but I was on my 9th playthrough on P4 for PS2 and am now on my 2nd playthrough of P4G I just really love Persona 4 okay don't judge me on this
So if they keep things similar to P4(G) I would be very happy :3
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 16:40   Link #53
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Turn-based system can be good if they add variations to the enemies that will makes us think before we act. Sappheiros game that I played a couple of days ago was like that, but sadly it also comes with massive grinding that almost put me off

As for what I want for P5.. make demons/persona can talk again, system where we can change party persona as well and spell combination between party like P1/P2

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 18:38   Link #54
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun pls View Post
About yuri/yaoi options. I don't really care, though I would like an option at the beginning of the playthrough to count them out. People can have their yuri/yaoi of course, but I wouldn't want to accidentally get said route since that's not my cup of tea
Also known as the "Bioware syndrome" where everybody in the world becomes bisexual to appease everyone

Personally I could do with less controversies if they somehow messed up the gay character and people get offended and it hangs over the entire game's reputation like a dark cloud.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 21:24   Link #55
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Also known as the "Bioware syndrome" where everybody in the world becomes bisexual to appease everyone

Personally I could do with less controversies if they somehow messed up the gay character and people get offended and it hangs over the entire game's reputation like a dark cloud.
But you wouldn't get most of Zarvan's funny dialog.

Yea I agree a bit tho.....anders.....
Old 2013-07-11, 01:28   Link #56
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Actually, Ashley wasn't Bi in ME3 when so many others were which kinda caused issues since Kaiden was Bi.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 05:27   Link #57
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Yuri/yaoi paring would be interesting and i personally will love it if they implement this. But i doubt they will since Persona franchise is still a lot on jRPG (story-telling) rather than wRPG (personal role-playing).

Actually Persona 4 is close call through so finger cross on that.
Old 2013-07-11, 09:01   Link #58
darkchibi07

Another thing to add, in terms of slapstick comedy, get the girls to be in the receiving end as well. Persona 4 was mostly the guys thanks to MISUNDERSTANDINGS which felt unfair.
Old 2013-07-11, 16:24   Link #59
blackshadowzx

la first post

i think they should make the slink more dynamic not a 10 thing like douki were bros man and like ok and never see them after that also ur slink with party members should have an effect on the story line
blackshadowzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 19:28   Link #60
anime fan99

Personally, I do not understand turn-based systems benefit outside of Pokemon At least in Pokemon you trainer giveing orders to your Pokemon

in Other rpg Every time I play turn-based I'm thinking about myself and I'm in the middle of a fight here's why I'm taking turns with the enemy
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
persona 5, ps3, shin megami tensei