2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.61%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.82%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-12-30, 16:20   Link #401
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Setsuna is AT BEST the third best pilot in this series, and the other Gundam pilots are comparable to A-Laws pilots. Just imagine what Ali could do with Gundam Raiser.

Don't even said that he will kill everyone not one will defeat him in anyway.
RDF2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 16:38   Link #402
T.V.

Quote:
Just imagine what Ali could do with Gundam Raiser.
He'll paint it deep red and rename it Gundam 00 HellRaiser.
T.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 16:38   Link #403
KanaKaishou

Quote:
Setsuna is AT BEST the third best pilot in this series, and the other Gundam pilots are comparable to A-Laws pilots. Just imagine what Ali could do with Gundam Raiser.
Or better yet. Two 0-Raiser level suits, fighting each other, with Ali and Graham as the pilots. Though even if they were in grunt suits, it would still be epic.
KanaKaishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 16:44   Link #404
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

comon marina do something more, besides taking care of orphans

I hope that they dont do something like setsuna is lost and picked up by marina

and people would yell lacus clone
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 17:43   Link #405
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.V. View Post
He'll paint it deep red and rename it Gundam 00 HellRaiser.
will be Blue vs. Red ?

Who will win ?
RDF2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 18:22   Link #406
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I'm sorry to say but the battle of Solomon was already lost when the Big Zam showed up. The Solar Ray (NOT Amuro Ray) and Doyzle's pride (again NOT Amuro Ray) were the descive factors for the Feds victory.

Furthermore Doyzle used the Big Zam to make a last stand and take out as many of Federation forces. It would have certainly be successful if it weren't for Amuro Ray and Sleggar Law's kamikaze attack.

In fact the only time where Amuro Ray was dominating the battle is at Side 6 but he didn't single handedly destroyed all Rick Doms and that was definitely the moment where we find out that Amuro and the White Base crew weren't a bunch 'newbies' any more but veterans and getting in tune with their newtype abilities.
I agree that Amuro was not the decisive factor but he still played huge role by playing helping fed take Solomon. It seems that even you agree that he played a role in helping taking Solomon by defeating Big Zam.

Quote:
While Amuro overpowers some mechas early on, its made clear that Amuro is the reason why his kill count is so high, not the Gundam, in fact the Gelgoog is the equal to the Gundam meaning that Amuro is surviving solely by his own talents. Do you think that by the end of the series A-Laws will be using Mass produced mecha comparable to the Gundam Raiser?

If you check out Amuro's kill count his only the second highest among the Federation, and several Zeon aces have comparable kill counts. The Gundam's kill count wasn't due to Gundam, it was due to Amuro.

As mentioned above, several pilots had unrealistically high kill counts during the One Year War, not just Amuro, sure Amuro is winning battles but his not dominating, as Ryu Jose, and Sleggar Law could attest. The main reason why the Federation won was simply a much larger population, they had a ton more suits than Zeon had and won through sheer number.
I should have said "there are moment in Gundam where the Gundam overpower other ms base on its superiority over other ms or the ability of the pilot". And I really see no point bring out Amuro's ability as I already stated that it was due to Amuro's ability that he defeated so many ms. And I don't get why you mentioned the part that I bolded. As I don't expect any kind of mass production of super ms by the A-Laws or Setsuna to become a god like pilot.
Finally Rising said "some" not a complete domination (though I can't agree with the domination as I would rather say overpowering).
Old 2008-12-30, 18:55   Link #407
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

The Gundam was not intended to be an all powerful machine capable of dominating the battlefield and changing the course of war by itself. It's not a Super Robot series, and just because writers made some stupid series where the Gundams are basically Super Robots, doesn't mean that Gundam is a Super Robot show.
Old 2008-12-30, 19:34   Link #408
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I agree that Amuro was not the decisive factor but he still played huge role by playing helping fed take Solomon. It seems that even you agree that he played a role in helping taking Solomon by defeating Big Zam.

I should have said "there are moment in Gundam where the Gundam overpower other ms base on its superiority over other ms or the ability of the pilot". And I really see no point bring out Amuro's ability as I already stated that it was due to Amuro's ability that he defeated so many ms. And I don't get why you mentioned the part that I bolded. As I don't expect any kind of mass production of super ms by the A-Laws or Setsuna to become a god like pilot.
Finally Rising said "some" not a complete domination (though I can't agree with the domination as I would rather say overpowering).
Weather it was the gundam or the pilot, we still had obvious domination by the gundam team. That is severely missing in this series until about the last 3 or 4 eps where no more than one suit was shot down per episode.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 02:09   Link #409
Knolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsOnTheRun View Post
Spoiler for GN archer:
Unless you can point me to a source that says otherwise, I don't believe we've received any official word on the pilot for the GN Archer, although it is heavily being speculated that it's Marie.
Knolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 02:54   Link #410
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Weather it was the gundam or the pilot, we still had obvious domination by the gundam team. That is severely missing in this series until about the last 3 or 4 eps where no more than one suit was shot down per episode.
The Gundams kicked anyone's asses who where not named Ali or Graham in the first 12 episodes. Most battles went: Celestial Being shows up, Celestial Being destroys both sides without getting a scratch.

Honest to god Sunrise gave you what you wanted in Gundam Seed Destiny, and you bitched and complained throughout.

Gundam Domination is poor writing, it shows that you can't write a proper fight scene so you just write pretty explosions and have the occasional soldier say "It's a gundam", or "It destroyed 25 mobile suits in 2 minutes?".

Here's the question where the hell does the staff go from here, if Giant Lasers are no match for the Gundams than what is? They just can't have Graham, and Ali try to take on the entire Celestial Being by themselves, and the Innovators are worthless.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 03:55   Link #411
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
Why do so many people think that Nena will be in the GN Archer?
I would favor the pair Nena + Setsuna for the 00 raiser while the GN archer will be
Maria Magdalena + Al Bundy... that makes more sense to me.

Saji (or was it Shinji?) is probably too emo to fight in it anyways and the irony that Nena might have a chance to blow up Saji's girlfriend... again... is staggering =)

I don't see Al as underused as well. Sumeragi is a brilliant tactician and if she would have stuck Sevaree on "duracell" duty the boards would have exploded with criticism to her strategy. Arios has his strategic use and will be used and depended on when the time comes.
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 04:17   Link #412
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knolly View Post
Unless you can point me to a source that says otherwise, I don't believe we've received any official word on the pilot for the GN Archer, although it is heavily being speculated that it's Marie.
She has like 10000x more chance at piloting it than Nena. The Nena theory makes no sense.

Plus why does anyone even need to pilot it? It'll be on Arios.

Is Ali so hax that he can own Sestuna if he piloted a Zaku?
Old 2008-12-31, 04:18   Link #413
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Plus why does anyone even need to pilot it?
For when it has to separate and be used in its mobile suit form.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 04:28   Link #414
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
For when it has to separate and be used in its mobile suit form.
Why can't it transform with it?
Old 2008-12-31, 04:31   Link #415
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I was talking about the GN Archer transforming into mobile suit form btw... but as for a Arios Archer MS form, none has been shown. It's either they're not showing us yet, or, judging from the design of both machines, they just can't transform while docked.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-12-31, 04:41   Link #416
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I was talking about the GN Archer transforming into mobile suit form btw... but as for a Arios Archer MS form, none has been shown. It's either they're not showing us yet, or, judging from the design of both machines, they just can't transform while docked.
Oh.....GN archer transforming......it can do that?
Old 2008-12-31, 04:50   Link #417
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh.....GN archer transforming......it can do that?
Yes it can.

Spoiler for GN Archer MS form:

Another image showing the complete form of the MS mode:

Spoiler for More HG GN Archer:

Old 2008-12-31, 05:17   Link #418
Charred Knight

Quote:
She has like 10000x more chance at piloting it than Nena. The Nena theory makes no sense.

Plus why does anyone even need to pilot it? It'll be on Arios.

Is Ali so hax that he can own Sestuna if he piloted a Zaku?
He did pretty well with an Enact so I don't see why not.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 07:20   Link #419
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Gundams were supposed to be super robots in the 00 Universe.

Remember the first episode? Regular mobile suits are crap. They might as well run of diesel fuel and get power from lawnmower engines. The GN drive made Gundams one robot armies.

This is one of the reasons why the first Ptolemaios sucked soooo much. Mobile suits sucked. They didn't expect anything to put up much of a fight. The fake GN drives screwed everything up for them.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 07:42   Link #420
nutype
Future MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Then they should give Marie the Gundam (she is the better pilot) and let Al pilot the archer.
sadly this is true.

but the archer doesnt seem impressive at all. It'll probably save the day in one episode then become cannon fodder in the next.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote