AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-01-30, 12:58   Link #61
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Directors don't have to tell the truth with interviews. Interviews are often off the record and tend to touch on things that are not necessarily going to happen in the show. If I remember correctly, he stated that there would be lots of romance in the series, which in turn hasn't happened and won't happen.
Well who know it might still happen in the second half, the could be doing what Tanaguchi did with Code Geass, and keep most of the Romance out of the first half to stress the importance of the characters mission, and then to have all the romance in the second half.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 18:17   Link #62
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Directors don't have to tell the truth with interviews. Interviews are often off the record and tend to touch on things that are not necessarily going to happen in the show. If I remember correctly, he stated that there would be lots of romance in the series, which in turn hasn't happened and won't happen.
So your defense is simply that "oh I don't believe anything they say because I don't think they're telling the truth"? Erm, excuse me?

Mizushima never said there would be "lots of romance in the series". Again you are misquoting him and making yourself look bad by spreading false information. When asked if there will be romance in the series he said that "there will certainly be an element of romance because Kuroda is writing the series", he also said that "there will be a romantic relationship in the series, but it might not have to be related to the main characters". It's pretty obvious that he's referring to the Saji and Louise relationship, which is even getting it's own insert love song that's going on sale as a single in March.

You're completely wrong in saying that interviews are "off the record" and "tend to touch on things that might not happen on the show". The interviews I've read that are in Newtype, Animage and the various mags are usually pretty direct, to the point, and always involving the show itself. Maybe you're confusing your facts with Fukuda's comments when he makes appearences at conferences and appearances? Because those were all off the record and he always jokingly acknowledged that he wasn't always being serious. That's completely different from a professional interview that appears in magazines promoting the show specifically.

How many interviews have you actually read in detail anyway? It seems to me that you're just throwing broad statements around with a certain mentality that you believe in, without actually having all the facts on the table. I hate that because when someone tries to speak on a subject with a level of authority, he should definitely be factually informed and very specific, otherwise people might be led into believing he knows what he's talking about when he doesn't. :P
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 19:31   Link #63
mikyu

Quote:
At any rate, we released 00V for those interested.
thank you!!!! ♥
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 22:43   Link #64
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Mizushima never said there would be "lots of romance in the series". Again you are misquoting him and making yourself look bad by spreading false information.
Gunota has him saying "plenty", which is basically the same thing. Romance is never in abundance in Gundam, so when the term "plenty" is thrown around, you can expect a lot. And with the final three questions to that interview, it didn't even mention Saji or Louise. Hell, they don't even count as romance considering they have no bearing on the plot. Their "relationship" (if you want to call it that) getting a theme song is also being stretched out the wazoo already and the information isn't even 24 hrs old yet. Their love is either diminishing or moving rapidly. No one will know until it happens. As for the "there will be a romantic relationship in the series, but it might not have to be related to the main characters" line, I don't recall seeing that in anything that he said.

Quote:
You're completely wrong in saying that interviews are "off the record" and "tend to touch on things that might not happen on the show". The interviews I've read that are in Newtype, Animage and the various mags are usually pretty direct, to the point, and always involving the show itself. Maybe you're confusing your facts with Fukuda's comments when he makes appearences at conferences and appearances? Because those were all off the record and he always jokingly acknowledged that he wasn't always being serious. That's completely different from a professional interview that appears in magazines promoting the show specifically.
Interviews are meant to give insight on a series, event, book, etc. However, are they ever set in stone? No. Fukui has mentioned things in his interviews about material he'd like to see in the Gundam novel he's working on, but has it happened? No. Will it happen? Probably not. If I remember correctly, the romance issue was changed because of problems with the writing staff... which is odd considering that the problem should have cropped up around the same time as the previous interview...

Quote:
How many interviews have you actually read in detail anyway? It seems to me that you're just throwing broad statements around with a certain mentality that you believe in, without actually having all the facts on the table. I hate that because when someone tries to speak on a subject with a level of authority, he should definitely be factually informed and very specific, otherwise people might be led into believing he knows what he's talking about when he doesn't. :P
Given that I don't get NewType or Animage or could care less about them, I do read snippets here and there that people post on random scourings of the internet. While it is hard to determine whether or not some are factual (considering they can either come from a spineless twit's blog or a fanatic fan who wants something), providing evidence is hard. I frequent a ton of blogs tracking down information, which either way ends up on Wikipedia thanks to a crackpot babelfish from some moron who thinks he or she is helping.

And as I said, just because it's a professional interview for a magazine, that doesn't mean that he can't mislead the general audience. The point is to get people interested in a show, so giving them little tidbits which may or may not happen is all a part of the game. While this is only the first season and we do have another season in store, one can only tell once the series is over.

You can get off your soapbox now duckroll.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 22:54   Link #65
erlangshen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
WTF??

There's a girl inside HARO?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
I suppose she is a hologram.
Quote:
Uh... there's no such thing as the OO Gundam. :/
None that we know of so far She's a dead-ringer for gundam meister 874 that appears in 00F I suppose she's of the same "type" as Hanayo. Advance autonomous AI? Does that mean Al's Haro is of the same as well? What about evil Haro's of the Trinity siblings? If Haros has teh capability of piloting an MS line Gundam meister 874, why didn't Haro pilot Kyrios when Al lost consciousness?

Unless.... Gundam Mesiter 874 is not a Haro but an actual "person" of which all Haros AI were based on.....
erlangshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 22:55   Link #66
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Given that I don't get NewType or Animage or could care less about them, I do read snippets here and there that people post on random scourings of the internet. While it is hard to determine whether or not some are factual (considering they can either come from a spineless twit's blog or a fanatic fan who wants something), providing evidence is hard. I frequent a ton of blogs tracking down information, which either way ends up on Wikipedia thanks to a crackpot babelfish from some moron who thinks he or she is helping.
Okay, that's all I needed to hear. Remind me not to listen to any opinion on yours regarding Mizushima's comments on 00 ever again.

Edit: I'm not trying to be rude or anything btw, I appreciate the good work you guys are doing on the side stories. I'm just making a point that if you don't care enough for the interviews to actually read them, don't talk down some of us that actually can read it, and do, from the original source material. There's actually a lot of good material in there, even if there is occasional trash talk.

Last edited by duckroll; 2008-01-30 at 23:16.
Old 2008-01-30, 23:34   Link #67
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
I appreciate the good work you guys are doing on the side stories.
BAAAAAAAW Falling behind again! *cries*

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2008-01-30, 23:41   Link #68
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Quote:
ya man thanx alot for them, speaking of which any insight on who the 5th gundam is? it was stated in the past 00 ep only 5 gn drives should be active yet only 4 units have been seen or so they mean the O gundam?
Old 2008-01-31, 02:32   Link #69
erlangshen

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehlimo View Post
ya man thanx alot for them, speaking of which any insight on who the 5th gundam is? it was stated in the past 00 ep only 5 gn drives should be active yet only 4 units have been seen or so they mean the O gundam?

Hi Deacon, I'd like to say thanks to you too if u don;t mind without ur great work I would never have enjoyed the side stories
erlangshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 05:16   Link #70
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehlimo View Post
It's been stated several times already in various topics on this board that the 5th GN Drive is the 0 Gundam's.
Old 2008-01-31, 10:30   Link #71
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Which isn't concrete considering you have the Plutone and Astraea running around with two GN drives in them in addition to the initial CB Gundams equipped with GN Drives. The main component that makes them up, however, their solar reactor (炉 hearth, furnace, kiln, reactor) is what the Trinity team is looking for in the GN-000 when they come a knocking. And their is no definitive statement anywhere that I've seen that points to the O Gundam having the 'fifth' drive. If anything, it has the first drive (GN-000 before 001, etc).

Old 2008-01-31, 22:33   Link #72
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Quote:
Which isn't concrete considering you have the Plutone and Astraea running around with two GN drives in them in addition to the initial CB Gundams equipped with GN Drives. The main component that makes them up, however, their solar reactor (炉 hearth, furnace, kiln, reactor) is what the Trinity team is looking for in the GN-000 when they come a knocking. And their is no definitive statement anywhere that I've seen that points to the O Gundam having the 'fifth' drive. If anything, it has the first drive (GN-000 before 001, etc).
Yea i fully agree n in the manga if i understood correctly so far they know that other faction has gn drive equiped gundams. dont call me nub just yet but what is the gn-000? Also where did they say the trinity team is lookin for the gn-000 i musta missed that
Old 2008-01-31, 22:52   Link #73
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Wow I've really become interested in this just after reading the first link...Could anyone perhaps provide an updated post that has all the translated or untranslated links all together so you don't always have to search...

Another question: Wouldn't it be smarter to seperate 00P and 00F into their own threads since one is post-anime and one is pre-anime? I mean as not to spoil one another and maintain focus on one manga (Hard to follow the whole GN drive thing at points)...Just asking...
Old 2008-02-01, 00:19   Link #74
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Wow I've really become interested in this just after reading the first link...Could anyone perhaps provide an updated post that has all the translated or untranslated links all together so you don't always have to search...

Another question: Wouldn't it be smarter to seperate 00P and 00F into their own threads since one is post-anime and one is pre-anime? I mean as not to spoil one another and maintain focus on one manga (Hard to follow the whole GN drive thing at points)...Just asking...
Errrr... 00P is pre-anime, 00F is simu-anime.
Old 2008-02-01, 00:32   Link #75
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Errrr... 00P is pre-anime, 00F is simu-anime.
Isn't there a future manga aswell? (Coulda swore I was reading comments on some future events in the ep discussions) And even if 00F is sametime I'm just saying it makes for better reading when the thread is focused on one specific work...The thread just got a little confusing to me as it jumps from one work to another...But maybe that's just my take...
Old 2008-02-01, 00:38   Link #76
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Isn't there a future manga aswell? (Coulda swore I was reading comments on some future events in the ep discussions)
00P is set in the past (thus, P)
00F is set alongside 00's main story.

You're talking about 00V, which is the short story/ custom model kit line for 00, which takes place after the events of 00 in the future.

As for your suggestion, 00P and 00F are closely interrelated works, with characters and settings from 00P vital to 00F, thus why it'll be even more clutter to have two dedicated threads for it.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 01:12   Link #77
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
00P is set in the past (thus, P)
00F is set alongside 00's main story.

You're talking about 00V, which is the short story/ custom model kit line for 00, which takes place after the events of 00 in the future.

As for your suggestion, 00P and 00F are closely interrelated works, with characters and settings from 00P vital to 00F, thus why it'll be even more clutter to have two dedicated threads for it.
Dang...Well I stand corrected...

I only read the first chapter for 00P and kinda skimmed and scammed the other stuff cause I thought it would spoil me abit...I guess I'd like the summaries for the manga chapters to be easier to navigate...4 times the rep-points to anyone who can just put (or link, or create) all the summaries in easily readable order for 00P and//or 00F^^....
Old 2008-02-01, 01:19   Link #78
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

They are non existent at this point until I get off my but and release them/post my summaries.

Old 2008-02-01, 01:25   Link #79
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
They are non existent at this point until I get off my but and release them/post my summaries.

I'm trying to find the right words Deacky...Maybe I should just stop typing^^...

Generic translations or summaries of chinese stuff is all good...I'll just wait though since apparently I misread the intentions of this thread...
Old 2008-02-20, 23:29   Link #80
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Alright.

Gundam 00 Episode 16 had the strange observation that there should only be FIVE GN Drives operational. We know that the fifth drive is the GN-000 drive, and yet Fereshte has FOUR Gundams.

What's happening here?

Spoiler for This is:

Yep, the GN-000 Drive is modular, and can be shared between all four Gundams.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote