Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-04, 05:30   Link #61
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post

I think the fight will get interrupted by Yamamoto.
Whatever happens, the fight will most likely will end up in a tie
Old 2009-11-04, 05:30   Link #62
Alchemist007
*Author

It has to.
Old 2009-11-04, 05:31   Link #63
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
That doesn't mean it teaches him kidou. And in case you forgot, Yumichika almost never even uses his real Shikai. I wish that Yumichika never met Ikakku, because then he would probably be a VC or full captain by now. Just like if Kenpachi wasn't an idiot he would be the Shinigami king
It's true that Kenpachi is a very unique character. He could be far beyond average as he is by far the strongest Shinigami, but he still has a lot of potential. Maybe he decides on using Shikai and Bankai at some point in the story. Yet, I like his way to deal with things.
Old 2009-11-04, 05:56   Link #64
Ichiban Hayai

The part with Byakuya & Kenpachi was very well executed. It reminded me of an incident beteween the 2 in SS arc. Back then Ichimaru saved the day.
The part with Yumichika was terrible. Yumichika like Ikkaku, shouldn't stand a chance. And what's with 11th squad brutes using Kido???

Off topic: 2-3 persons write 50% of thread posts!!! And they repeat the same thing 10 times per thread... Spare us please, use PM for once.

Last edited by Ichiban Hayai; 2009-11-04 at 10:23.
Old 2009-11-04, 06:46   Link #65
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Ahhhh... such a good entrance wasted. Why did they ever think they could handle two powerhouse such as the ever so dashing Byakuya-sama who would probably look adorable in a tutu and the East Coast pride, Ken-chan? I suppose the animators thought since Kubo isn't any better why not try our own hands at telling the story. So, they have my admiration but I still agree with some of the inconsistencies raised by Gin.

It all started out with when Ichigo engaged Senbonzakura and amplified when Senbonzakura confronted Byakuya. I could still live with it if there weren't so many interruptions popping up as these two are trash-talking to each other. Come on. I don't care how Yumichika and his equally self servient zanpakuto want to touch each other. Nor did I care about the blasted Ichigo who is still hanging around shamelessly. This is not your arc. You are the side-show here, so go away. At least the feisty taicho had enough sense to relocate with Suzumebachi.

Leave Kenny and Byakuya-sama alone so they can work on building their relationship with each other while making happy memories by cutting each other.

Oh geebus, I was so excited when Wabisuke was cut down just like that to remind us that he was still a shikai-class spawning from a Vice Captain... and then Ken-chan queried, who is the next strongest and settled his gaze on Byakuya-sama. The budding romance was unquestionable. They just need some time alone.

So... please animators. You can do it. Sure you can. Just give us an uninterrupted episode of their conflict between these two powerhouse. You can have them talk about tea-ceremonies for all I care as they hold each other's hands after that.

Not too much to ask, is it?
Old 2009-11-04, 06:57   Link #66
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Ahhhh... such a good entrance wasted. Why did they ever think they could handle two powerhouse such as the ever so dashing Byakuya-sama who would probably look adorable in a tutu and the East Coast pride, Ken-chan? I suppose the animators thought since Kubo isn't any better why not try our own hands at telling the story. So, they have my admiration but I still agree with some of the inconsistencies raised by Gin.

It all started out with when Ichigo engaged Senbonzakura and amplified when Senbonzakura confronted Byakuya. I could still live with it if there weren't so many interruptions popping up as these two are trash-talking to each other. Come on. I don't care how Yumichika and his equally self servient zanpakuto want to touch each other. Nor did I care about the blasted Ichigo who is still hanging around shamelessly. This is not your arc. You are the side-show here, so go away. At least the feisty taicho had enough sense to relocate with Suzumebachi.

Leave Kenny and Byakuya-sama alone so they can work on building their relationship with each other while making happy memories by cutting each other.

Oh geebus, I was so excited when Wabisuke was cut down just like that to remind us that he was still a shikai-class spawning from a Vice Captain... and then Ken-chan queried, who is the next strongest and settled his gaze on Byakuya-sama. The budding romance was unquestionable. They just need some time alone.

So... please animators. You can do it. Sure you can. Just give us an uninterrupted episode of their conflict between these two powerhouse. You can have them talk about tea-ceremonies for all I care as they hold each other's hands after that.

Not too much to ask, is it?

I had no idea that you were a yaoi type
So many guys are getting brain damages recently
Old 2009-11-04, 07:01   Link #67
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
And if to talk skill wise, he has far more skills than anyone else. He doesn't use cheap shots like Kidou and shunpo, he fully uses his skills. That's what makes him stronger than anyone else.
I consider Momo as overpowered in Kidou as Kenpachi in strength. Sadly Momo lacks firepower somewhat. But she still has lots of potential And yes, Kidou is not cheap (and neither is shunpo, which is also used by Kenpachi by the way)
Old 2009-11-04, 07:48   Link #68
Bombo
TSF Fans

Kenpachi in episode = win
That all
Old 2009-11-04, 08:50   Link #69
Blaster

Quote:
So you disagree because you like Kenpachi and you like how Ikkaku smiled? Kind of a bad reason to like an episode imo.
monir was right , Wabisuke got downgraded super hard as soon as Kenpachi showed up, he should have been able to at least cut Kenpachi, since he made physical contact. Also, Byakuya was nerfed as well, since Kenpachi was able to catch his sword. If Ichigo's shikai could cut Kenpachi, then that shouldn't have happened. And i don't like how Kenpachi has a reiatsu shield now. There was no way Kenpachi could be fast enough to block Byakuya's Bankai so Kenpachi gets a uber shield from no where.

No, Kenpachi's kendo came out of no where, where was it hinted at in the very beginning? Was it when Kenpachi told Ichigo that he would be using his full power? I would be happier with Kendopachi if the story on it changed to:
Yamamoto: Hey that was pretty embarrassing that Ichigo beat you with out Bankai
Kenpachi: stfu old man
Yamamoto: Take one lesson with me and it won't happen again
Kenpachi: stfu old man
Yamamoto: Hey I'm being serious here
Kenpachi: ok lets do this.
If you compare everything to Ichigo, then every single fight in the manga and anime has no meaning.

What I meant was everything was already explained throughout. Kenpachi's reiastu shield would be probably equivalent to hierro. His skills are plain swordfighting and it was hinted that he relies on feel rather than strategy. Kendo? Just one of the plotkai needed to kill the espada.

Kenpachi didn't catch Byakuya's sword the first time, he caught it the second time, which makes sense since he roughly had an idea what Byakuya will do. Either way you can't expect Wabisuke to do anything to Kenpachi since most people cannot touch it.

Wabisuke is only a VC zanpaktou and Kenpachi is a captain that doesn't use his zanpaktou's skills.
Old 2009-11-04, 09:20   Link #70
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

Either fans shouldnt be disappointed IMO regardless of who wins/loses or even if it comes out as a tie. Every zanpaktou has its own weakness and a zanpaktou that it can counter effectively.

If byakuya wins, Kenpachi fans should stay cool due to the fact that he doesn't have shikai or bankai and is fighting using his raw power and skill against a kidou based zanpaktou.

But I highly suspect that this fight will come out in a tie, the studio is scared of the fans too much to come up with a decisive outcome.
Old 2009-11-04, 10:06   Link #71
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I had no idea that you were a yaoi type
So many guys are getting brain damages recently
Otoko no roman daiyo! *Where is Zaseka when you need her.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaxxmintpie
But I highly suspect that this fight will come out in a tie, the studio is scared of the fans too much to come up with a decisive outcome.
I suspect we won't even reach to a stalemate. Someone else more than likely will intervene to break it up.
Old 2009-11-04, 10:09   Link #72
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This was definately a weak episode. I hate how Wabisuke got pwned so easily. Yumchika's fight was unimpressive. Kenpachi's and Byakuya's would've been better if had better animation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Nor did I care about the blasted Ichigo who is still hanging around shamelessly. This is not your arc. You are the side-show here, so go away. At least the feisty taicho had enough sense to relocate with Suzumebachi.
To be fair he only got like 10 seconds of screen time. Better this than wiping him out of existence like Kubo did to Grimmjow.
Old 2009-11-04, 10:23   Link #73
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
This was definately a weak episode. I hate how Wabisuke got pwned so easily.
This portion is very consistent with the known facts. Wabisuke is an avatar who is representing the shikai level of a Vice Captain's zapakuto. He is weak. Dragging it out would have put a dent to the reputation of a captain class.
Old 2009-11-04, 10:45   Link #74
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ The fact that Kenpachi pwned Senbarakarawhatever, so easily shows how little they care for power levels. But I guess you still have a point.

Let me rephrase: I hate how Wabisuke decided to go after Kenpachi and piss him off instead of dealing with Kira. Though I already know why they did it.
Old 2009-11-04, 11:12   Link #75
monir
cho~ kakkoii

The inconsistencies in regards to Senbonzakura have been addressed by several posters in the thread. To reiterate, the trouble started when Ichigo confronted Senbonzakura the very first time. The inconsistencies amplified in multitude factor when Byakuya fought Senbonzakura. The whole imagery in regards to Byakuya's bankai and the awesome portrayal of it when he fought Ichigo in the SS arc was all washed up. The over use of the bankai also doesn't help. Look at getsuga tensou for another example to make a point parallel to the discussion. This superior move is pulled off at a whim.. it's like how Naruto did rasengan every episode in the great filler saga that lasted couple of years.

As far as this anime-original arc is concerned, stand-alone Senbonzakura is nothing more than Wabisuke in power ranking.
Old 2009-11-04, 12:37   Link #76
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
I lold when Zaraki nuked the place with his reiatsu and when he pierced through the senbonzakura blades with his supersaiyan aura hahahahaha, ridiculous but at least entertaining.. also loved Soifon's bitchy reaction to so much manliness

Other than that this wasn't really good. Yumichika's fight got dragged out too much, quality was crap as usual once the sun goes down in Seireitei, the studio still has no idea how to draw Kenpachi properly and I have never seen Kenpachi putting his eyepatch back on in the middle of a fight

on a sidenote: nice to see that speed/shunpo isn't everything and reflexes are able to put up some resistance

oh, and I expect Byakuya to leave the scene next week, so both will show off a bit and that's it
Old 2009-11-04, 12:39   Link #77
Uchiha Soul

i didnt like the ep this week, although Ken-chan appeared but it was weak .. maybe bccoz i expected more action.
till now 3 zenpaktous fell down .. i wonder how they will revive? who is gonna revive them? I think it will be nice to give Minazuki the revival power like at the end of the arc she fix the broken zenpaktous before she return to sword shape
what do you think?

next week: Yachiru x Ashisogi Jizou
Old 2009-11-04, 13:34   Link #78
Gin
*Artist

If Yachiru beats Ashisogi Jizou I might just drop this arc entirely. I have had enough of squad 11's bullshit.
@monir:
About Wabisuke, I'm not surprised that Kenpachi made such sort work of him, but it would have been nice to see Wabisuke to actually scratch Kenpachi since he made direct contact. Wabisuke was one of the zanpakuto I was most interested in seeing, but he couldn't even cut Kenpachi's robe, which was kind of lame.
Old 2009-11-04, 13:43   Link #79
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

If someone interferes with the Kenchan vs Byakuya fight I might just drop this arc entirely. Ive had enough filler BS .... not like anyone should care if I do just that.... but just saying...lulz

Also, I still think that Wabisuke shouldn't have been the one to go cause he was cool but nothing we can do ..... right?

Now the Ashisogi Jizou x Yachiru action might be fun to watch .... I am not sure if that can be called a "fight" cause the preview made it look as tho as if Ashisogi was being blasted with Bug Spray (Raid bug spray anyone?)... at least its facial expression made me think that .....if thats the case then I might not drop this arc after all..... just because of the lulz
Old 2009-11-04, 13:45   Link #80
kitten320

Quote:
If Yachiru beats Ashisogi Jizou I might just drop this arc entirely. I have had enough of squad 11's bullshit.
@monir:
About Wabisuke, I'm not surprised that Kenpachi made such sort work of him, but it would have been nice to see Wabisuke to actually scratch Kenpachi since he made direct contact. Wabisuke was one of the zanpakuto I was most interested in seeing, but he couldn't even cut Kenpachi's robe, which was kind of lame.
Ichigo couldn't cut him either, instead he was bleeding.

But yeh, I wish it was different zanpanktuo and definetly don't want Yachiro to win against Ashisogi. actually I don't get why he is running? 0_o

Can't he use his poison?