AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-20, 14:48   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

"The New Captain Amagai Shusuke arc" WTF? When is this? Did we escape Hueco Mundo?

Starting with episode 168, the main story of Bleach was "put on pause" and we stepped out of continuity to tell a new story. This certainly a very strange choice of narrative. As a result, many people are confused.

What we know: After the arc is over, we will return to the end of Ichigo's fight with Grimjaw and resume the story as if this interruption had never occurred. Then Ichigo and friends will attempt to escape Hueco Mundo.

We also know that Tito Kube, the writer of the manga is responsible for creating the character designs of the new characters. He has also written the outline of the story. This isn't just some crack the anime writers dreamed of while stoned to the gills on some really good shit. That does increase the possibility that it is actually important to the story. A little.

What we don't know yet: We have no idea if this current story will ever fit into continuity. It might just be the most skippable "original anime story" ever created. Or maybe after the Hueco Mundo arc is over, it will become indispensible to the story making huge differences between the anime and manga. We— Just— Don't— Know, and unfortunately the creators of Bleach aren't enlightening anyone with an interview.

Once something is actually know, someone will post about it in this thread. In the meantime you are all welcome to discuss the arc here. Personally, I'm loving it. I think it's developing into a great story. It really captures the mood and characters of Bleach, so if I was only told that it is an alternate universe, then I could just relax and enjoy it for what it is. As it is, I've got this nagging little voice in the back of my head asking, "What the frell is going on here?"

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-05-20, 17:25   Link #2
Eric10301

This is one of the most dumb founding moves I've seen in quite a while. To think they would place a Filler Arc in the middle of such a Another Arc is just plain stupid. In all honesty I would have preferred if they had just took bleach off the air if they were catching up to the manga too fast.
Old 2008-05-20, 17:35   Link #3
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric10301 View Post
This is one of the most dumb founding moves I've seen in quite a while. To think they would place a Filler Arc in the middle of such a Another Arc is just plain stupid. In all honesty I would have preferred if they had just took bleach off the air if they were catching up to the manga too fast.
Actually it is quite interesting because:

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-05-20, 18:07   Link #4
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Spoiler for Manga?:
Old 2008-05-20, 18:14   Link #5
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Spoiler for Manga?:
Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2008-05-20, 18:56   Link #6
Hilarieho

I was watching this today, and i am seriously so confused. I understood it when i first heard they were going to be focusing on a new captain in soul society - this made sense, it could show what soul society was up to during the months ichigo and co were training before Orihime was snatched.
In fact, i was quite looking forward to it, despite a lack of the main cast in the real world we would have been able to see Orihime and Rukia and what they got up to during the month they were in soul society together, and valuble insight could have been made.
However, this alternate storyline? I don't know, it doesn't sit right. It's well strange to see them all acting as if the hueco meno arc never happened - all that character development gone! Orhime is the comic relief again! (yet, doesn't she do it well, i had a laugh at hers and Rukia's art)
And why is Rukia acting as a student at all? There's a bit of a plothole there.

And i miss renji.
Old 2008-05-20, 19:14   Link #7
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2008-05-20, 21:38   Link #8
lequory
People hate good theories

One question.....are we to talk about manga stuff in here?
Old 2008-05-20, 21:52   Link #9
ESC

Another filler...
Probably my #1 reason for stopping to watch it any more.

This time, its even worse than the first filler. First the vampires, now a random story out of nowhere. Manga is the only solution to this madness.
Old 2008-05-20, 22:06   Link #10
lequory
People hate good theories

I thought we had discussed this far enough to not call it "Filler". I remember the explanation for "Filler" being added scenes that didn't happen in the manga. This is not added scenes happening during manga material. This is a completely new arc a.k.a. Anime Original Arc.
Old 2008-05-20, 23:56   Link #11
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric10301 View Post
In all honesty I would have preferred if they had just took bleach off the air if they were catching up to the manga too fast.
Can't do that. Then they'd lose their timeslot and might not be able to get a new one especially if theres another big hit in the meantime. That's the whole point of filler.
Old 2008-05-21, 00:28   Link #12
Eric10301

Ok well let me ask you guys this, was there enough manga written to complete the current anime arc?
Old 2008-05-21, 03:22   Link #13
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I'm just treating this arc like some bleach doujin.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-05-21, 03:33   Link #14
nine_tailed_kyuubi

This is the worst thing in the world, the fansubber sucks big time and the animators are major assholes.Same thing is happening in Naruto right now, actaully both fillers arcs started together, the animators are amazing at killing the coolness of what the writers did and of course i don't watch those fillers and i won't, suck big time.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2008-05-21 at 13:54. Reason: You may not name name groups who sub licensed anime
Old 2008-05-21, 04:01   Link #15
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ I lolled.

What exactly did the fansubber do actually to warrant such hatred toward them in these filler arc case? they are not involved in any direct way to how the episode is directed.

Unlike the manga based episode which I watched streamed then rewatched as soon as the subbed is downloaded, the current arc are something I watched during free times. I dont really like it either, but it wasnt half assed thought unlike curry of life.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-05-21, 04:02   Link #16
Hilarieho

It might not suck.
Maybe.
I mean, i loved the hueco mundo arc but i can't be the only one relieved to see colours other than white and grey again.
Old 2008-05-21, 07:52   Link #17
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

if Kubo is responsible for the character design as well as coming up with the plotline then that would mean that some of the characters might be hear to stay. so the captain as well as the 3rd seat might be corperated into the story later on.
Old 2008-05-21, 11:01   Link #18
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
if Kubo is responsible for the character design as well as coming up with the plotline then that would mean that some of the characters might be hear to stay. so the captain as well as the 3rd seat might be corperated into the story later on.
I'm thinking just like you.
It not unusual to see an anime filler character becoming a manga one.

For example, Lulubell in D.Gray-Man appears as a filler character.
In the manga, she was introduce in a totally different way, later in the plot.

As no one in Ichigo crew knows about the new captain, Kubo can introduce him later as he want to. He can even make him appears after the "Turn back..." arc.
Old 2008-05-21, 18:06   Link #19
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
What is the subtitle of the series that is in yellow at the beginning of the new opening?
Old 2008-05-22, 00:29   Link #20
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazardNights View Post
What is the subtitle of the series that is in yellow at the beginning of the new opening?
It says "The Brand New Captain Amagi Shusuke Arc."

Hence the name of this thread. They might not be willing to give us a clue as to if this actually happens in the same continuity as the rest of the anime, but at least they'll boldly announce the name of the arc.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread