AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-03-10, 22:11   Link #3461
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Given it's a modern GSC figure, it's highly unlikely it will lean. Models with unbalanced poses that used to lean have either metal skeletons and/or are made with stronger materials (usually ABS) not pure PVC, these days. At least ones from top tier manufacturers like Alter, GSC and Max Factory.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 09:03   Link #3462
Stefkov

I assume the metal bar going up her foot will likely go all the way along her body up to her torso, if not at least far enough to prevent leaning.
Like Ichihara Asako says, Alter, GSC and other top companies deliver quality products, I would never doubt their quality.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 13:31   Link #3463
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just a note, several Japanese exporters of figures and other merchandise were damaged severely by the earthquake this week. Both CDjapan and HobbyLinkJapan are temporarily suspending shipping to assess damage and personnel. Haven't checked other sites yet but I assume any business from Yokohama northward may be in difficulty for now.
Old 2011-03-12, 14:30   Link #3464
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Just a note, several Japanese exporters of figures and other merchandise were damaged severely by the earthquake this week. Both CDjapan and HobbyLinkJapan are temporarily suspending shipping to assess damage and personnel. Haven't checked other sites yet but I assume any business from Yokohama northward may be in difficulty for now.
Hobbysearch too. J-List seems to be largely unaffected though. They've said 1-2 days delay at most and are continuing to constantly tweet about their product updates. (though obviously whether my stuff will be delayed is the last thing on my mind atm.)
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 16:33   Link #3465
JuGG

@Mecha Trueno

That is an amazing figure. What's the name of it? I may have to get my hands on it one day.
Old 2011-03-13, 02:01   Link #3466
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Here's a link to HLJ's description (with pics) of their situation. They may be having some 'scratch&dent' sales in the coming months depending on what they do with damaged goods.
http://www.hlj.com/specials/sendaiearthquake
Old 2011-03-13, 08:42   Link #3467
shadyone

Location: The Ended World (but seriously, I live in Australia!)
C L A N N A D - Nagisa Furukawa

I want this: http://static.hlj.com/images/fru/fru2159-a.jpg
Probably dosen't count but I also want this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoO_5...el_video_title
Who the hell wouldn't want to wake up to Nagisa's voice?

Solid Beat: Music / techno styled RPG with complex combat requiring you to think carefully about the songs you equip.

Red Souls: A Dark Knight is thrown into chaos as a Demon King destroys his home. Can you save the world from a ever near apocalypse?
shadyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 09:24   Link #3468
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyone View Post
I want this: http://static.hlj.com/images/fru/fru2159-a.jpg
Probably dosen't count but I also want this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoO_5...el_video_title
Who the hell wouldn't want to wake up to Nagisa's voice?
I have both of those. The figure is slightly disappointing since it's a prize figure and her face is pretty off. What annoys me is that they didn't actually release any high quality Nagisa figures for After Story at all (actually, not even a low quality figure since all the prize figures are under the Key 10th Anniversary series label), while really minor characters like Kyou and Tomoyo got one or many (I think Kyou is up to 3 now). I realize overall popularity of the character is what drives sales but that still feels like a huge shaft.
Old 2011-03-13, 20:05   Link #3469
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I have both of those. The figure is slightly disappointing since it's a prize figure and her face is pretty off. What annoys me is that they didn't actually release any high quality Nagisa figures for After Story at all (actually, not even a low quality figure since all the prize figures are under the Key 10th Anniversary series label), while really minor characters like Kyou and Tomoyo got one or many (I think Kyou is up to 3 now). I realize overall popularity of the character is what drives sales but that still feels like a huge shaft.
Not only are there way too many of Kyou, but most of them are her in her gym uniform, so... that explains it, I guess.

But yeah, I'd love to see more figures of Nagisa and the other girls. I know Kotobukiya put out a line of figures for most (if not all) of the main girls (I have Fuko from this line), and Wave made a rather nice Tomoyo recently, but... otherwise, nothing that good.
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 21:21   Link #3470
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
@JuGG: Click on the pic, there's a link to the official page.

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 06:32   Link #3471
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post
Not only are there way too many of Kyou, but most of them are her in her gym uniform, so... that explains it, I guess.

But yeah, I'd love to see more figures of Nagisa and the other girls. I know Kotobukiya put out a line of figures for most (if not all) of the main girls (I have Fuko from this line), and Wave made a rather nice Tomoyo recently, but... otherwise, nothing that good.
Yeah, I have the entire Kotobukiya series. They're pretty good but they're based on the characters' appearances from the game and I tend to like the anime versions better. There isn't a single accurate figure of anime Nagisa anywhere as far as I know.
Old 2011-03-14, 07:43   Link #3472
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Does anyone know if this has a tendency to lean or anything?

I still have it unopened. Just deciding where to display it, depending on whether it has any known leaning problems.
My Saber 'tower' (Triumphant Excalibur, Distant Avalon and Golden Caliburn) has yet to be opened as well but I have faith in GSC's products.

Still awaiting the GSC 1/7 Saber Alter figure's release.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 09:55   Link #3473
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

Got two new figures, Kirino and Kuroko ^^

And yepp. with this one you can also leave Kirino showing her panties as well xDDDD

Spoiler for NSFW:
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 18:36   Link #3474
GDB

Why does that Kirino look as blonde as Saber? I thought her hair was more orange-like?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 19:06   Link #3475
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

From what I've seen, her hair is kinda light on that figure, and Kitsune seems to have used a flash so that might be messing with color saturation.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 04:20   Link #3476
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

Yepp, unfortunatelly when I took the picture I needed flash to get a decent one, anyways, it's true that when I placed this figure next to my other Kirino's one this looked pretty much blonder, I'll took another picture of them two together and post it here by tomorrow so you can compare ^^
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 17:43   Link #3477
InitialGT

where can i get that kirino figure?!
InitialGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 23:41   Link #3478
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefkov View Post
I assume the metal bar going up her foot will likely go all the way along her body up to her torso, if not at least far enough to prevent leaning.
Like Ichihara Asako says, Alter, GSC and other top companies deliver quality products, I would never doubt their quality.
I dunno about some figures from GSC like that Black Rock Shooter Anime version was such a defect. But they do release great product just that one needed more tests done before the final product.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 07:13   Link #3479
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Hobbylink Japan's warehouse after the earthquake

Old 2011-03-16, 08:00   Link #3480
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah, saw the HLJ notes on their website.... hence my earlier remark about budding collectors might be able to get some fair deals on a "scratch and dent" sale in the coming months.