AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-08, 10:23   Link #61
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I've never seen someone so dead-set on a theory and for a long time too xD

Which one? I've been dead-set on loads of theories.
Old 2011-10-08, 10:36   Link #62
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Which one? I've been dead-set on loads of theories.
The "ES come from a Devil Fruit user" one
Old 2011-10-08, 12:07   Link #63
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreGon45 View Post
Now how about on the topic of Haki vs Haki(this being the Armor class). If two experienced users(Fighting on equal grounds, hypothetically speaking) of the Armor Haki, would the powers just cancel out. Assuming that each person's skill level of this version of Haki are the same.
Like Hisoka?? said, it would result in a clash of armours. The factors determining the victor in such a scenario would be strength, endurance, durability, agility, speed, intelligence, etc.

Also, Luffy didn't use CoA on Decken's axe; he just intercepted it and caught it before it hit Shirahoshi. Had that axe actually hit Luffy, he would have most likely been injured just like what happened to him in this chapter. Sharp/piercing attacks are still effective on him.
Old 2011-10-08, 14:34   Link #64
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

I think the ES (Engineering Sample hehe ) pills are not related to any Devil Fruit. They do seem to "awaken" the fishmen, but then again Chopper accomplished that with his Rumble Balls, which he made himself without any DF....
Old 2011-10-08, 14:52   Link #65
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

^ or maybe "Extra Strength" pills
Old 2011-10-08, 15:33   Link #66
DeadBonesDooM

Or Elite Stimulants :O?
Old 2011-10-08, 19:29   Link #67
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Like Hisoka?? said, it would result in a clash of armours. The factors determining the victor in such a scenario would be strength, endurance, durability, agility, speed, intelligence, etc.

Also, Luffy didn't use CoA on Decken's axe; he just intercepted it and caught it before it hit Shirahoshi. Had that axe actually hit Luffy, he would have most likely been injured just like what happened to him in this chapter. Sharp/piercing attacks are still effective on him.
But if he strengthened the armor enough, couldn't he block sharp/piercing attacks?
Old 2011-10-09, 01:16   Link #68
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So I was just rereading the past few chapters from the point where Hody overdosed himself and something occurred to me: I'm starting to believe that the power-up basically results in what can be considered the fish-people equivalent of an Awakened Zoan. I mean sure, appearance-wise the metamorphosis isn't as radical as we've seen with Chopper and the Impel Down guardians, but it seems to exhibit the same increased strength + resilience we've seen from the Zoans (albeit in an "artificial" form). And if that weren't enough, Hody's crew even referred to his and Hyouzou's overdosed forms as "awakened". So I dunno about anyone else, but this makes me believe more than ever that energy steroids are the by-product of a devil fruit (as it causes a similar "awakening" phenomenon)......
I wouldn't bet on the by-product part since for Chopper, the rumble balls which were just his own concoctions managed the effect.

But you do raise an interesting point, if the ES were really originally meant to "awaken" zoans, there might be a very good chance that the Fishmen were created/birthed from some sort of devil fruit that affected their genes. It would also explain why the blood was transferable if they were originally the same species.
Old 2011-10-09, 06:39   Link #69
gaurun

is there any connection between Noah and Pluton? because the fact that Noah located in Fishman Island, and the fact that Tom-san held Pluton blueprint before.

is there any connection between Fishman and Ancient Weapon? did Fishman people invested it?
Old 2011-10-09, 12:07   Link #70
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
I find it interesting that Luffy said his Armor Haki "still" isn't strong enough to withstand a cut - doesn't that imply that with more training, he should be able to just shrug off shark bites and by definition, other sharp objects, like swords? That would definitely settle the Zoro vs Luffy dispute
Don't forget Zoro could probably imbue his sword with destructive haki too. While Luffy almost certainly is slightly stronger than Zoro, I'm guessing there has to be a big difference in power before you can just stand there and tank killing-intent attacks from someone else. Whitebeard was stronger than Akainu, but he couldn't just "shrug off" an attack from him.
Old 2011-10-12, 02:05   Link #71
marvelB

It's that time of the week again.
Closed Thread