AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-27, 00:15   Link #2221
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
according to Kyrie, U-D only exist in this timeline

so Tome of Darkness might be using another power source in the anime timeline
At lest that's comforting since if Yuri and the Examia also exist in the original timeline that would meant She and the Materials were outright killed alongside Reinforce when she sacrficed herself at the end of A's xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 00:18   Link #2222
Key Board
Carbon

Reinforce not sealing herself along with the defense program is the direct cause of all of this to happen, though

Had Reinforce do the same in the anime, the defense program would eventually regenerate and spawn.. something

...that is probably not as cute as the materials or U-D
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 00:24   Link #2223
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
No, since it's gender swapped she needed to be taken in by a family of brothers and have a bunch of guys around her.
Materials Basket?

Ouran Materials Club?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 00:25   Link #2224
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I thinked it was stated in the first game that the birth of the Materials and the Dark Pieces were the true consequence of Reinforce not sealing herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Ouran Materials Club?
Dearche = Tamaki
Sten = Kyoya
Levi = Honey
Kyrie & Amitie = The Hitachin Twins xD
Yuri = Haruhi xD?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 01:04   Link #2225
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Totally crazy and certainly untrue theory time!

Yuri was actually supposed to be the main character of Force but then they decided to have a male main character instead and created Thoma. Her name carried over to Lily (Yuri = lilly [the flower]).

When they started making Gears of Destiny they decided to use Yuri's original design for the new boss character and thus here we are!
Old 2012-01-27, 04:45   Link #2226
rxrx

I doubt it. As according to marketing, Nanoha franchise is shifting to yuri oriented and thus having Yuri as main character of Force will sell much better than having Touma as the main as you can have a yuri love story between Lily and Yuri which people will love more as compared to having a love story which features Touma, Lily and Isis.

Moving back, Touma and U-D can get along well as shown in the short sequence if you use him to fight U-D. They can understand each others pain of not being in control and killing everything near them because of their powers running amok. Too bad it is not explored more as it is quite interesting.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 05:41   Link #2227
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
How bout now?

Spoiler for big pic:
Yes. Basically what I did was add more detail to that

Quote:
Questions without answers:

Why was Yuri turned into a component for the Eternal Ring?
Spoiler for Yuri Theory:

Quote:
Why were the materials expelled from the Eternal Ring? Did they used to be people, too?
Defense mechanism, maybe? and no, they probably didn't used to be people because they took the shape of our three little heroines.

Quote:
What purpose does the Tome of the Purple Sky serve, in a system that includes a Sovereign, a King, and the Examia?
It was created along with Material-D/Dearche, who had forgotten that the true ruler was Yuri.

Quote:
What purpose does the Material of Power serve, in a system that includes the Examia?
It was explained that in case of emergency, the Material of Power is the first to be regenerated to protect the others from a threat.
When recovering/reviving, all the Materials use power from the same mana pool, that was explained at the beginning of GoD, when Dearche fought Hayate and Reinforce.
Also, they didn't remember Examia until it was mentioned by Kyrie.

Hope that answers your questions
Old 2012-01-27, 13:19   Link #2228
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
I doubt it. As according to marketing, Nanoha franchise is shifting to yuri oriented and thus having Yuri as main character of Force will sell much better than having Touma as the main as you can have a yuri love story between Lily and Yuri which people will love more as compared to having a love story which features Touma, Lily and Isis.
I was obviously not being serious, yo.

But what you just said contradicts itself. If it really is shifting to yuri like you claim then Thoma would have been female regardless. Obviously he's not, though.
Old 2012-01-27, 13:35   Link #2229
rxrx

Who knows. Maybe he will be shafted soon and the main character will become Nanoha again, just like how Kira became main character in seed destiny cause the fans want him to be instead of developing Shin.

I know you are not being serious there. Makes me want to write a fic about Touma and Yuri but I'm afraid of being bashed by Force haters and also because of my poor writing skill.
Old 2012-01-27, 13:36   Link #2230
Justin_Brett

I kinda wish he was, just so they'd care about him more.

And I wouldn't bash you for writing that, as long as it was good.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 14:06   Link #2231
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Who knows. Maybe he will be shafted soon and the main character will become Nanoha again, just like how Kira became main character in seed destiny cause the fans want him to be instead of developing Shin.
And as such Destiny is regarded as a poorly written piece of slop.

... By the American fandom anyways. It's pretty popular in Japan.

Either way it doesn't look like Nanoha will take over any time soon. Even if she did it would be bad because she has absolutely 0 stake in what's going on and there's nothing more they could do with her character.
Old 2012-01-27, 14:10   Link #2232
Justin_Brett

Well that's because Japan has far worse taste than America, Raiser. Look at all the crap they have that just gets eaten up. Kira was on a 'best male character list' for years, if I recall, even though he's a bad character. They don't care.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 14:37   Link #2233
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

There is no true main character in Force imo, it's just one massive clusterf*ck of characters, for lack of a better word. Really, Tsuzuki is completely clueless on how to manage them or what to even do with them all for that matter.
Old 2012-01-27, 22:20   Link #2234
rxrx

I think it would be much better if they were not brought in so quickly. Give more time for each character to develop before the season 1 finale come about will be much more better. Now, there are so many people in picture that the writer do not even know who to focus on.

Also. Kira is popular cause kids like seeing him shooting everything down like God and because he appeal to yaoi fans as well. I personally hate that doll of Lacus and the pink haired devil.
Old 2012-01-28, 09:36   Link #2235
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
I think it would be much better if they were not brought in so quickly. Give more time for each character to develop before the season 1 finale come about will be much more better. Now, there are so many people in picture that the writer do not even know who to focus on.

Also. Kira is popular cause kids like seeing him shooting everything down like God and because he appeal to yaoi fans as well. I personally hate that doll of Lacus and the pink haired devil.
Kinda agreed. But just give time for him please... He has 1 movie, 2 mangas(If Vivid haven't finish.), and 1 anime series.(That series...WHEN YOU COMING OUT?)

Pink haired devil? Doll of Lacus?

This thread is to discuss about the game itself, not just Thoma only. (Well, about one post which says an untrue theory about Yuri being the former main character before the mangaka changed the main character, source I want. )

Apparently I am almost done with the game, but just 1 character missing...the character was between Thoma and Rinith in the character select page. Who is that? (Hardly notice it in the sequences...)

Thoma vs Yuri in final battle...ZERO ECLIPSE IS THE BEST!...

May I know who voices Thoma in the game? And whats Yuri's "Ancient Matrix"'s animation looks like? Then you link them together and you get 1 anime series whose main character voices Thoma...Don't know if anyone notice it.(Hint:"Ancient Matrix" animation shows Yuri takes a spear like thing from a person's chest area...(NOT DIRECTLY, I can't explain it) For this I use Thoma as that person)

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-01-28 at 10:01.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 16:44   Link #2236
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Kinda agreed. But just give time for him please... He has 1 movie, 2 mangas(If Vivid haven't finish.), and 1 anime series.(That series...WHEN YOU COMING OUT?)

Pink haired devil? Doll of Lacus?

This thread is to discuss about the game itself, not just Thoma only. (Well, about one post which says an untrue theory about Yuri being the former main character before the mangaka changed the main character, source I want. )

Apparently I am almost done with the game, but just 1 character missing...the character was between Thoma and Rinith in the character select page. Who is that? (Hardly notice it in the sequences...)

Thoma vs Yuri in final battle...ZERO ECLIPSE IS THE BEST!...

May I know who voices Thoma in the game? And whats Yuri's "Ancient Matrix"'s animation looks like? Then you link them together and you get 1 anime series whose main character voices Thoma...Don't know if anyone notice it.(Hint:"Ancient Matrix" animation shows Yuri takes a spear like thing from a person's chest area...(NOT DIRECTLY, I can't explain it) For this I use Thoma as that person)
Thoma's voiced by the same dude who's doing Ouma Shu in Guilty Crown and has done Hasegawa Subaru in Ro-Kyu-Bu.

Isn't that last slot between Thoma and Rinith Yuri's spot? Or have you already unlocked her?
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 17:34   Link #2237
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

The Liese twins are between Thoma and Linith.
Old 2012-01-29, 20:23   Link #2238
Astral Corruption

Exactly when does the time limit for putting in the code at the PSN Store for the Materials' swimsuits end, today or can you put it in later this year?
Astral Corruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 20:44   Link #2239
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

I'm assuming it the time limit ends when it's 12 AM the next day in Japan. In other words, you have about 15 hours to put it in. It's one reason I havn't slept in two days, trying to hammer out unlocking the Materials so I can get their swimsuit DLC right away.

Any other DLC announced? I'm about to input the code that I got from the pre-order for the GOD box. Certainly hope they do swimsuits DLCs for everyone that wasn't included in the game(like Amitie, Kyrie, and the rest of the "future characters") I'd be hoping hard if they gave one for Yuri, lol.

Also, does anyone know anything about the Dog Days and Nanoha Cross Promotion? It was in a small flier that came with the game's instruction booklet and had like 3 small coupons on the bottom of it.
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 20:46   Link #2240
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas View Post
I'm assuming it the time limit ends when it's 12 AM the next day in Japan. In other words, you have about 15 hours to put it in. It's one reason I havn't slept in two days, trying to hammer out unlocking the Materials so I can get their swimsuit DLC right away.

Any other DLC announced? I'm about to input the code that I got from the pre-order for the GOD box. Certainly hope they do swimsuits DLCs for everyone that wasn't included in the game(like Amitie, Kyrie, and the rest of the "future characters") I'd be hoping hard if they gave one for Yuri, lol.

Also, does anyone know anything about the Dog Days and Nanoha Cross Promotion? It was in a small flier that came with the game's instruction booklet and had like 3 small coupons on the bottom of it.
Would be an interesting game.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote