AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 00:25   Link #3701
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
So Crossbone is non canon?
B- but but...
Noooooooo
It could always Ascend to Canon if it ever gets animated.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 00:43   Link #3702
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Also, Imagine if they actually animate Lowe saving Kira. That would fill a big plot-hole
of the anime series.
Nah, if you think that there's currently a plot hole, then having an unknown character suddenly and conveniently show up just to rescue Kira, never to be seen again, will just create another plot hole.

On the other hand, if you can acknowledge Lowe's existence from the Astray sidestory, then it doesn't matter that he wasn't animated. the Astray manga that depicted Lowe saving Kira will still be there.

The only thing that would truly improve this scene is if, in a later episode, they somehow either show or acknowledge that the opening in Strike's cockpit was somehow closed before the explosion occurred, as Lowe mentioned in the manga.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 00:46   Link #3703
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Yep, We certainly consider "Memories of Sid" canon because it offers the only explanation to Asemu doing piracy in between Gen2 and Gen3
Old 2012-07-07, 01:34   Link #3704
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Nah, if you think that there's currently a plot hole, then having an unknown character suddenly and conveniently show up just to rescue Kira, never to be seen again, will just create another plot hole.

The only thing that would truly improve this scene is if, in a later episode, they somehow either show or acknowledge that the opening in Strike's cockpit was somehow closed before the explosion occurred, as Lowe mentioned in the manga.
Of course some little explanation or hints about who Lowe is is needed. Having him talk things to Marchio after saving Kira will also help.

Maybe animating the scene where the spy Athrun & co asking direction to Lowe will be good too (at least for the lulz ).
Old 2012-07-07, 01:39   Link #3705
monster

That's probably too much to expect from a remaster.
Old 2012-07-07, 02:18   Link #3706
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
That's probably too much to expect from a remaster.
I know right?
Old 2012-07-07, 03:27   Link #3707
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:

On the other hand, if you can acknowledge Lowe's existence from the Astray sidestory, then it doesn't matter that he wasn't animated. the Astray manga that depicted Lowe saving Kira will still be there.

it would be great though, they did toss in a few MSV's in the TV-movies of both SEED and Destiny.

They could just show him as a classic hooded/shaded character whos face you dont see, and have him drop him off at that .. Moreno?/Monk/Children caretaker guy as a quick flashback
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 03:48   Link #3708
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
it would be great though, they did toss in a few MSV's in the TV-movies of both SEED and Destiny.
Sure, but those cameos have no effect on the plot.
Quote:
They could just show him as a classic hooded/shaded character whos face you dont see, and have him drop him off at that .. Moreno?/Monk/Children caretaker guy as a quick flashback
For the record, I have no problem with Lowe being animated in SEED.

I'm merely pointing out that, if the reason is to "fill a plot hole" as Obelisk ze Tormentor said, it won't work unless Lowe is already an established character. Being hooded would only make the problem worse because now you just added another layer of mystery to Kira's rescuer.

Aside from that, yeah, it's nice if Lowe is shown in SEED.

Last edited by monster; 2012-07-07 at 03:58.
Old 2012-07-07, 05:16   Link #3709
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I'm merely pointing out that, if the reason is to "fill a plot hole" as Obelisk ze Tormentor said, it won't work unless Lowe is already an established character.
I don’t think it will make it worse compared to the sudden change from being engulfed in the explosion on Earth ---> jump into being treated on bed in Lacus’ mansion in a colony in outer space. Lowe will fill the role of “passerby who happened to be there” and saves Kira. That thing works even in real life (like in traffic accident for example) .
Old 2012-07-07, 08:52   Link #3710
kakakka

Quote:
I'm merely pointing out that, if the reason is to "fill a plot hole" as Obelisk ze Tormentor said, it won't work unless Lowe is already an established character. Being hooded would only make the problem worse because now you just added another layer of mystery to Kira's rescuer.
My take is that, it'll work, but they have to show Lowe in later episodes too in some way, like show a brief scene of where he worked, and then suddenly bumping to Kira and having "your that guy I saved" moment.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 10:28   Link #3711
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post

Or when in doubt, we can fall back to "a wizard Lacus DustTM did it". It worked for Mu La Flaga and Andrew Waltfeld.
Old 2012-07-07, 10:40   Link #3712
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
Kira was showing off. Shinn is no match for him if Kira were to remove his no-kill policy
If I took this seriously, you wouldn't stand a chance in a fight against me! -- Kira, episode 17, GS
Old 2012-07-07, 12:12   Link #3713
monster

Quote:
I don’t think it will make it worse compared to the sudden change from being engulfed in the explosion on Earth ---> jump into being treated on bed in Lacus’ mansion in a colony in outer space.
Lowe being there doesn't change any of that. Besides, Kira being at the PLANTs was explained.
Quote:
Lowe will fill the role of “passerby who happened to be there” and saves Kira. That thing works even in real life (like in traffic accident for example) .
We're not talking about real life though, we're talking about a story. Hence, why people are even mentioning such things as plot hole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
My take is that, it'll work, but they have to show Lowe in later episodes too in some way, like show a brief scene of where he worked, and then suddenly bumping to Kira and having "your that guy I saved" moment.
I've been saying that.

But I also said I don't think we can expect that from a remaster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Or when in doubt, we can fall back to "a wizard Lacus DustTM did it". It worked for Mu La Flaga and Andrew Waltfeld.
Lacus dust has nothing to do with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
If I took this seriously, you wouldn't stand a chance in a fight against me! -- Kira, episode 17, GS
Didn't he say that to Sai? Why would Kira take things seriously with Sai?
Old 2012-07-07, 15:00   Link #3714
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Lowe being there doesn't change any of that. Besides, Kira being at the PLANTs was explained.
I merely stated that Lowe's scene won't make it worse, right?

Quote:
I don’t think it will make it worse compared to the sudden change from being engulfed in the explosion on Earth ---> jump into being treated on bed in Lacus’ mansion in a colony in outer space. Lowe will fill the role of “passerby who happened to be there” and saves Kira. That thing works even in real life (like in traffic accident for example) .
Also, I think most people prefer to be "shown and not told" since plot hole in a story is basically asking "how", right? Thus, Lowe's scene will at least work in showing "how" Kira survived and certainly won't make it worse than what we actually have in SEED. The focus here is "how" Kira survived and not Lowe's identity since his function here is only as a "passerby" and Marchio is the one that treated Kira. If you need (a shred of) Lowe's identity, it can always be provided by Marchio telling Kira (after he wakes up in Lacus' place). We don't even need to know that he's from Junk Guild and piloted Astray Red in the story.
Old 2012-07-07, 15:16   Link #3715
monster

Quote:
I merely stated that Lowe's scene won't make it worse, right?
It might if it just introduces another plot hole.
Quote:
Also, I think most people prefer to be "shown and not told" since plot hole in a story is basically asking "how", right? Thus, Lowe's scene will at least work in showing "how" Kira survived and certainly won't make it worse than what we actually have in SEED. The focus here is "how" Kira survived and not Lowe's identity since his function here is only as a "passerby" and Marchio is the one that treated Kira. If you need (a shred of) Lowe's identity, it can always be provided by Marchio telling Kira (after he wakes up in Lacus' place). We don't even need to know that he's from Junk Guild and piloted Astray Red in the story.
Actually, as mentioned in the manga, Kira survived because the cockpit was resealed. Lowe, only got there afterwards to take Kira to Malchio's orphanage.

So two things:

1. Without Lowe being there, Kira would still be rescued by Orb.
2. With Lowe being there, but not animated, the viewers could've guessed that Kira walked by himself before collapsing in front of the orphanage.

So, as I said, the only thing needed is to show that the cockpit was resealed. Lowe doesn't have to show up. How Kira got to Lacus was already explained in the anime, and Lowe doesn't have anything to do with that either.
Old 2012-07-07, 15:36   Link #3716
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
It might if it just introduces another plot hole.
It depends on the execution, I guess.

Quote:
So, as I said, the only thing needed is to show that the cockpit was resealed. Lowe doesn't have to show up. How Kira got to Lacus was already explained in the anime, and Lowe doesn't have anything to do with that either.
Ah, by "Lowe scene", I mean to also include that "resealing cockpit" as explained by Lowe. Also, I never said that Lowe has anything to do with how Kira being in Lacus' place .
Old 2012-07-07, 15:55   Link #3717
monster

Quote:
Also, I never said that Lowe has anything to do with how Kira being in Lacus' place .
That was just additional reason why Lowe isn't needed.

Anyway, I still think having the cockpit explain without Lowe being there is the safest way, as far as "filling plot hole" is concerned. The anime-only watcher can assume Kira walked by himself afterwards while those who know the Astray can acknowledge Lowe's part.

But if people just want Lowe for the sake of having him, then I'm fine with it.

Either way, it's very unlikely to happen, unless they surprise us next episode. I don't know if they even have the budget for new dialogs.
Old 2012-07-07, 16:48   Link #3718
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
The anime-only watcher can assume Kira walked by himself afterwards while those who know the Astray can acknowledge Lowe's part.
The thing is, Kira is heavily injured that having him walks right after the explosioin all the way to (near) Marchio's house is a longshot (if not impossible). Marchio himself will be hard to find him laying around since he's blind (given he wanted to go all the way out there at all, leaving his kids). Without Lowe come into the picture, the only chance Kira can get to Marchios' place would be through Marchio's kids but I doubt they will venture to the site right after where two Gundams (or MSs as those kids know it) just blown each other up.
Old 2012-07-07, 16:58   Link #3719
monster

Quote:
The thing is, Kira is heavily injured that having him walks right after the explosioin all the way to (near) Marchio's house is a longshot (if not impossible). Marchio himself will be hard to find him laying around since he's blind (given he wanted to go all the way out there at all, leaving his kids). Without Lowe come into the picture, the only chance Kira can get to Marchios' place would be through Marchio's kids but I doubt they will venture to the site right after where two Gundams (or MSs as those kids know it) just blown each other up.
You forgot Kira's a coordinator.
Old 2012-07-07, 17:02   Link #3720
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
You forgot he's a coordinator.
If you're talking about Kira, he's injured enough to pass out. That in itself must be grave.

If you're talking about Marchio, he's still blind and has kids that need him at that moment. Unless he has newtype/coordinator's sixth sense that is.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep