AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-10-01, 04:10   Link #5441
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
The air game is better than it was last at this point last season, and everyone else finally stepped up (especially Kendall Hunter) and allowed Frank Gore to not be the entire ground game like he's been for so long now. And Mario Manningham is getting in sync with Alex Smith way faster than anyone could've expected, given Alex Smith's difficulties at integrating new receivers and the fact that Manningham missed the entire preseason.
It's better than last year at this point, but I think that is just because of finally going through an offseason and haven been in the same system for a year. The passing game should be loads better at this point. Third downs are still a problem. Receivers are dropping balls, and when that isn't happening Alex isn't completing the passes he should complete. There were a few chances down the field today with Jets corner Wilson getting smoked three distinct times and Alex couldn't connect. Sometimes he takes unnecessary sacks too. It's really annoying.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 21:17   Link #5442
solomon

Is it just me or does it sound like there is a decent contingency of Bears fans at Jerry World?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 21:19   Link #5443
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Is it just me or does it sound like there is a decent contingency of Bears fans at Jerry World?
Bears fans travel well.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 21:51   Link #5444
solomon

Thats a good size Bear contingency in Dallas there. Just like Redskins fans in Dixie it seems like.

Looks like the Bears will be a team to watch in the NFC.
Old 2012-10-01, 22:31   Link #5445
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

This is the most I've ever seen the Bears smile! Its good see them having a good time! Bear Down! 3-1 baby!! gosh Bear Defense is scary with with there 3 or 4 man pass rush. Just destroyed The cowboys, but what really got me was The Bears passing game. It was really good today! Dallas just couldn't get together as unit! One side is smiling and tons of high fives while the other is yelling at each other complaining, and just being lazy.

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2012-10-01 at 22:42.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 22:47   Link #5446
Kyuu
=^^=

I am one Happy Bears Fan. YES.

Also:

Spoiler:

XD
Old 2012-10-01, 23:04   Link #5447
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Bears fans travel well.
Lovie Smith was born and raised in Texas, has friends and family in that game. Wouldn't be shocked they were less Dallas fans showing up in that abortion of game and stadium.

Ladies and Gentlemen we just the a falling star, his name is Tony Romo.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 01:03   Link #5448
solomon

Here in DC, we have so many Cowgirls bandwagoners, I am gonna have so much fun at work today (evil grin).
Old 2012-10-02, 02:14   Link #5449
Samari
World's Greatest

The Cowboys are just an inconsistent team all around. Reminds me of the early 2000's Saints. Flashes of good offense with usually terrible defense always having the team flirt around 8-8.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 05:49   Link #5450
GDB

Quote:
Here in DC, we have so many Cowgirls bandwagoners, I am gonna have so much fun at work today (evil grin).
They haven't been relevant since the mid 1990s, though. Can you really call them bandwagoners?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 10:01   Link #5451
D2
Go Big Red!

LOLCutler:
Old 2012-10-03, 14:03   Link #5452
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

5 interceptions (1 tipped and 1 would have been a fumble, damn you forward momentum! ), but still throws for over 300 yards *shrug*

Didn't seem like they really could get a ground game going and Dez Bryant was dropping shit...good lord.

Bears have had a good D for a while now haven't they? just injuries creep up on them like most
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 15:10   Link #5453
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
So. How was the gloating?
Old 2012-10-04, 18:02   Link #5454
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Third downs are still a problem.
Though not to extent that it was last year, with the way Crabtree has managed to convert so far.

Quote:
Receivers are dropping balls, and when that isn't happening Alex isn't completing the passes he should complete.
I assume you're talking about the deep plays?

Quote:
There were a few chances down the field today with Jets corner Wilson getting smoked three distinct times and Alex couldn't connect. Sometimes he takes unnecessary sacks too. It's really annoying.
Give The Niners passing game some more time. It's a bit unreasonable, given Alex's history, and the new the faces in the receiving corp to expect that Smith would be throwing for 300 yards every game. Be thankful we're not still in the dark days of three years ago, when the air game was dragging down the rest of the team on a consistent basis (Nowadays, while it's not in a central role like that of most NFL teams, it's not getting in the way, and even manages to contribute here and there. Though as the Minnesota game showed, it can't win on it's own yet.).
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 19:58   Link #5455
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Oh boy, it's that time again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
CLE @ BAL: Baltimore (The Fail fail at existing)
The Cleveland Failures are so easy to predict.

Quote:
CAR @ ATL: Atlanta (Robocop is steamrolled by ATL)
Not quite a steamrolling, but I guess that's enough for The Falcons.

Quote:
NE @ BUF: Buffalo (You see that? That's Pats fans having an aneurysm)
Wrong city, it was Buffalo that had the aneurysm.

Quote:
MIN @ DET: Detroit (Watch the Decepticons pick up their second win)
Does this mean that The Lions and Vikings are back?

Quote:
SD @ KC: Tossup (Watch the Wild Wild West beat the shit out of each other! It's craptacular)
And The Chargers crush.

Quote:
SEA @ STL: St. Louis (Watch as the epitome of failure trolls the master troll trollingly)
Right one this, further confirming much hunch that The Rams are more like their 2010 iteration than last years…

Quote:
SF @ NYJ: San Francisco (Brandon Jacobs has arrived! Watch the Niners run game go from awesome to god-tier! And they'll never have to worry about 3rd down ever again!)
No Brandon Jacobs, but The Niners took no prisoners and showed no mercy, not even to the dignity of the Jets in this blowout.

Quote:
TEN @ HOU: Texans (Moo-cows continue their rampage through the AFC)
And The Texans keep on rolling.

Quote:
CIN @ JAX: Cincinnati (Sure, B-Gabby's emergin', but The Bengals have arrived!)
And The Bengals quest for relevance takes another step forward.

Quote:
MIA @ ARI: Arizona (Watch a franchise with no pride humiliate a once proud franchise)
And those wacky birds take it to next level in a personality defining game.

Quote:
OAK @ DEN: Tossup (This game comes down to one damn thing, The Raiders offense vs. The Broncos defense)
And I was completely right here, Peyton Manning and The Broncos offense did not matter one single bit in this game.

Quote:
NO @ GB: Tossup (Now, who wants that No.1 pick more?)
GEAUX AINTS! FLOP FOR THAT NEAUX. 1 PICK!

Quote:
WSH @ TB: Washington (Not even coach Jackass's last second bull rush can beat SuperQuarterback!)
And a wonderful job from SuperQuarterback.

Quote:
NYG @ PHI: New York Giants (Yeah, The Eagles are gonna start sucking now)
Just how badly does Andy Reid wish to continue being the bane of every Eagles fan's existence?

Quote:
CHI @ DAL: Tossup (Yeah, I forgot this game)
I'm starting to realize how much I underestimated Chicago going into the season. Oh well, that's part of the fun of predicting!

Now, for Week 5:

ARI @ STL: Tossup (While Arizona doing good is nice, The Rams are finally seeming to break out of their own lost decade)

GB @ IND: Indianapolis (My crazy pick, because fuck yeah!)

BAL @ KC: Baltimore (Oh look, another shit team for The Ravens to crush)

ATL @ WSH: Washington (Because SuperQuarterback)

CLE @ NYG: New York Giants (You can do it, people whom I hate for stealing our Super Bowl)

PHI @ PIT: Tossup (Both teams are flawed, if not necessarily bad)

SEA @ CAR: Seattle (I kind of want to call this a tossup, but Seattle's excellent D and Cam Newton's struggles keep coming to the front of my mind)

CHI @ JAX: Chicago (B-Gabby will struggle yet again)

TEN @ MIN: Minnesota (The current iteration of The Titans have shown themselves to be dysfunctional on the best of days)

DEN @ NE: New England (New England is just a far more complete team than The Broncos right now)

BUF @ SF: Now that Brandon Jacobs is actually ready to play, the only question left to ask is how many thousand rushing yards The Niners will get against a Buffalo D that gave up 250 rushing yards to a team not known for it's ground game.

SD @ NO: New Orleans (Oh look, it's The Chargers. My give a shit meter just fell to fucking nothing)

HOU @ NYJ: Houston (From this point, it's going to be nothing but pain, misery and people calling for Tim Tebow for Jets. The Texans on the hand can look forward cute kitties and ambrosia)
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 05:16   Link #5456
sky black swordman

Quote:
ARI @ STL: Tossup (While Arizona doing good is nice, The Rams are finally seeming to break out of their own lost decade)
Well by now we know who won this game.
Quote:
GB @ IND: Indianapolis (My crazy pick, because fuck yeah!)
Yeah it , but seeing how they(GB) has play this year there is a good chance this may happen.

Thoughts on the other games later.
Old 2012-10-05, 13:03   Link #5457
willx
Nyaaan~~

This is a random comment, but I always accidentally go into the "The Official Football" thread thinking it's this one..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 17:34   Link #5458
D2
Go Big Red!

Spoiler for A Facebook NFL QB conversation. Yes this is fake, but funny. NSFW.:
Old 2012-10-05, 18:23   Link #5459
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

That was epic.
Old 2012-10-05, 19:10   Link #5460
Kyuu
=^^=