AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-25, 06:00   Link #621
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Some of those men in black looked more like yakuza than special agents, by the way...
Naturally the fact that the boss happens to be the only girl and the youngest to boot (without mentioning other obvious things) has absolutely nothing to do with pandering and it's absolutely realistic.
. . . .actually. . . .I have had an experience with Yakuza, and the "Boss" being a girl like that. . . it was a "happy" experience becuase I thought they were joking till I saw the tatoos, and guards, towards the end of the encounter...

. . .It's amazing what a simple compliment in a crowded club in Osaka can do.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 22:08   Link #622
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Still trying to figure out the men at the end. Based on their postures they seem like mobsters, but I get an MIB/special agents vibe from them...
Old 2012-11-27, 23:29   Link #623
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
If all the ; series are the same universe, is this series in the Steins;Gate timeline or the other alternate timelines?
S;G timeline, the numbers shown at the beginning of the very first episode match up.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 23:54   Link #624
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I would never had figure out that it would be Nae from Steins Gate without actually doing research about it. I really need to play the Stein Gate VN to see how crazy this girl turned out to be.

This just makes this show even more interesting now. I'm really glad it's the same voice actress as well.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 19:04   Link #625
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I would never had figure out that it would be Nae from Steins Gate without actually doing research about it. I really need to play the Stein Gate VN to see how crazy this girl turned out to be.

This just makes this show even more interesting now. I'm really glad it's the same voice actress as well.
Her name is in the credits of the episode too, so you didnt have to do much research
Old 2012-11-28, 19:14   Link #626
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
In the episode itself?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 22:42   Link #627
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

The Funimation stream translates the credits so if you look at the cast for the latest episode she's listed in there.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 08:55   Link #628
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
The Funimation stream translates the credits so if you look at the cast for the latest episode she's listed in there.
Funi translates the credits?? Honest to goodness, I've never noticed. I let the stream run through to the end. However, I guess I just tune out during the ED mostly because R;N's ED doesn't impress me much.

*another person who didn't know who that woman was until I read it here*

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 12:52   Link #629
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
You didn't need to do the freaking research, you just need to check animenewsnetwork sometimes
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ics-notes-game

It even appeared in news after the anime announcement:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ina-in-october
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 19:10   Link #630
Algent

Spoiler for episode 8:
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 22:25   Link #631
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
You didn't need to do the freaking research, you just need to check animenewsnetwork sometimes
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ics-notes-game

It even appeared in news after the anime announcement:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ina-in-october
I'm pretty sure that searching a site that's very content-heavy counts as research. >_>
Dr. Casey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 00:32   Link #632
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
Spoiler for episode 8:
I thoguht that was an eva reference, "Gendo Pose" I lol`d at that lol.

wtf is up with the flag requirements lol
Old 2012-11-30, 02:46   Link #633
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I'm pretty sure that searching a site that's very content-heavy counts as research. >_>
Dunno I just check it out for news every day. It's not called animenewsnetwork for nothing.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 05:37   Link #634
molitar

Ok can someone give me a current run down of what is believed to be going on at this time?

1. What I have gathered so far is they appear to be keeping eyes on those with the syndrome and it involves The Committee that is found in report 2.

2. The sun is about to go out and the truth is being hid from World itself.

3. The sister is somehow involved with The Committee and pretty aloof with her family and those she knows.

4. The one that created the reports was killed by The Committee most likely to keep the truth hidden.

What interest do they have in Kaito and his accelerated time? Why is Misaki with The Committee? What is the sudden interest in a giant robot now? Her father outright turned her down earlier and now he wants to support her? There is just too many unanswered questions going on at this time.

What are the current speculations?
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 07:46   Link #635
blewin

my guess was off the mark! a shame that Aki doesn't get to use that research funding, well not surprised by that though.

on the other hand, Kai's discovery of the 2nd report shows an even bigger conspiracy. This is too big for a kid to handle! just exactly where is this anime heading?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 08:10   Link #636
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
What are the current speculations?
On its own, time related issues that people like Kaito experience, would be of interest for many reasons, but I don't see any of those reasons tying into the seeming plan to kill off the majority of the planet's population. Yet, at least.

I'm also confused as to why the Committee of 300 would have a ringtone as a calling card. It would seem to be a rather stupid policy from what is ostensibly a secret organization. Because anime (and really, any fictional drama), sometimes does things simply for effect, I'm not sure if we're supposed to take the ringtone at face value, or if there's something deeper going on with that.

If it is just a calling card, why was it played as Jaxa showed up? Does that mean Jaxa is part (or at least manipulated), by the Committee of 300?

The giant robot part also makes little sense, so far.

As for this plan to kill off most of the world, here's the big question:

Was this plan developed as a response to the prospect that the sun is going to go out/explode/whatever, or is what's happening with the sun the vehicle for killing off the majority of the world's population?

Initially, my first reaction was it's a response, but that would take the view that someone(s) are making the hard pre-emptive choice that the world without a sun is going to suck so bad that the only way to maintain some semblance of order is on a small scale.

However, if this secret society is more interested in simply reducing population to simplify controlling everyone, then that speaks of megalomania, and that type of thinking could definitely be delusional enough to intentionally attempt to destroy the sun. This is disregarding the incredibly small chance that a magnetic monopole would occur naturally, mainly because this is science fiction, so it's anyone's guess as to what is possible, but if we did assume the writers were trying not to hew too far away from actual science, just enough to make a dramatic story, then that would also suggest this monopole is being artificially generated, which would support megalomania.

Regardless of which, I wonder what the plan is for after the sun goes poof. While I don't see any way to tie time perception illnesses and giant robots to it all, presumably they do have something with what the Committee of 300 has planned for after the sun goes.

That said, I'm not sure the giant robot part has anything to do with the Committee of 300. Afterall, if Misaki is part of the Committee, and she abandoned her Giant Robot work, it would make little sense for the Committee to be interested in the giant robot work of Aika, who is essentially just trying to copy and finish Misaki's work. They already have Misaki, and could just have her do it, especially since all signs point to Misaki being...let's go with superior...to Aika in this field. Which suggests there's someone else who has end goals that requires a giant robot.

If that's true, then it wouldn't have been the Committee of 300 pulling the strings at Jaxa to intervene. Which brings me back to the ring tone as a calling card and how it makes little sense. Hrm.

As for Misaki, all signs point to something happening when she was a student. Maybe she's already gone through the journey of discovery that Kaito is currently going through (ie: the Kimijima Reports), and came to the conclusion that joining the Committee of 300 was important (whether to help, or hurt from within). Her comment in the flashback about how unimportant her dream of the giant robot was seems rather telling, as if she'd come upon something way larger. As an aside, she should have been on that cruise ship during that accident as well. I wonder if she's also got time perception issues.

Lastly, it begs answering. How is this AI still operational? If its creator is dead, who is paying the electric bill? Who is running the servers she keeps "downloading" information from? Call me crazy, but that type of info doesn't seem like something she's simply getting by googling. Because whoever is paying the electric bill has a reason for doing so. She's stated her reasons for existence, but what's more important, in my mind, is the reasons behind whoever it is paying to keep her operational.

Actually, as I write that, I am remembering how interested that man with Misaki was in Kaito. One would assume he wants to keep an eye on Kaito. How might he be doing this? Which makes me go back to how Misaki was recruited, and if she'd gone through something similar to what Kaito is going through now, which makes me wonder if nothing about what Kaito is discovering is accidental. None of this started until after Kaito went to the robot battle. One would expect an Illuminati-like group to be manipulative, after all.

There are other seemingly ancillary issues as well. The father who hates robots and wants Mr. Pleiades to go into fishing. The shop owner who hurt her legs in a crash 15 years ago (if she's a friend of Misaki's, then she must have been fairly young at the time). A crash involving a robot?
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2012-11-30 at 09:16.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 09:28   Link #637
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Okay there's a lot of things that don't seem to make sense.

1) Was there any point in "kidnapping" all the members of the robotic club, rather than simply inviting them?
2) How did they even know that Frau Kojiro was one of them?
3) The chat between Nae and Aki's father make it look as if it was all the latter's idea, but that doesn't make sense. Why did he need to incomode the men in black for that?
4) If Nae really wanted to help Aki and nothing else she would have just accepted her gunvarrell project. Therefore she has her own objective. But then why does she need the help of a few students of which only two actually possess real competences that might be helpful?
5) Why are the Kimijima reports made to be found in a sort of "treasure hunt" game that barely makes any sense apart from the "entertainment" factor? It doesn't really work as a safety system, Kaito even cheated in one point, and Sister Centipede is spoonfeeding him with hints. For the first one she even gave him the password directly.

The whole story of the committee of 300 really sounds like a very bad conceived conspiracy theory. The idea of a secret group conspiring to create a "new world order" is taken directly from the illuminati conspiracy theory. However if Kagome-Kagome has a symbolic value to them, then they must be japanese or at least most of them are. Then again a conspiring group valuing something that childish looks like something from 20th century boys.

Quote:
The sister is somehow involved with The Committee and pretty aloof with her family and those she knows.
Well, it's probable that the Exoskeleton group is involved with the committee of 300, but I don't think it was ever confirmed.

Quote:
If that's true, then it wouldn't have been the Committee of 300 pulling the strings at Jaxa to intervene. Which brings me back to the ring tone as a calling card and how it makes little sense. Hrm.
Again there's very little to conclude that Nae is involved with the Committee, unless I'm missing something. The fact that the Robot club members received the Kagome-Kagome calls just before the MIB arrived could be a coincidence, or maybe Nae is part of an opposing group, which would explain why she needed to rush to get them first, maybe...

Quote:
Lastly, it begs answering. How is this AI still operational? If its creator is dead, who is paying the electric bill? Who is running the servers she keeps "downloading" information from? Call me crazy, but that type of info doesn't seem like something she's simply getting by googling. Because whoever is paying the electric bill has a reason for doing so. She's stated her reasons for existence, but what's more important, in my mind, is the reasons behind whoever it is paying to keep her operational.
This actually doesn't sound completely impossible to me, because I know how incredibly messy the beaurocratic system is. If kimijima was clever enough, he could have somehow managed to create a ghost society and then connected it to a statal or parastatal group. The electric bill would be then payed regularly without anyone bothering to check what it's for. It could figure out as a single voice in a huge list of scientific funds or something.
The facility likewise would be left unattended, there's unfortunately a lot of such sites that are completely forgotten.

What really is strange is that no kind of technical problem happened for all that time. We need to suppose that all those machines kept working without anyone tending them for several years.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 09:40   Link #638
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
What really is strange is that no kind of technical problem happened for all that time. We need to suppose that all those machines kept working without anyone tending them for several years.
I'm not supposing that at all. In a story that so obviously hinges upon conspiracies, I'm not about to take that ai at face value. Especially after having watched Steins;Gate. Your comment about treasure hunts is one of many reasons I think Kaito is being manipulated, possibly by the guy Misaki was with at the robot battle. The timing seems relevant. The poetic justice of this possibly being how Misaki was brought into the fold, seems hard to resist, especially if it ends up with Kaito making the opposite decision to not join, and instead oppose (assuming Misaki isn't playing some long-term game of her own of course). They do seem like a test of sorts, don't they? I can't help but think back to the last episode, and Misaki's comments about having the "right stuff". Sure, that's a famous astronaut cliche, but it keeps resonating as I think about the possibility Kaito is being tested in some way.

And, based on my above comments concerning giant robots and the Cof300, which helped put my thoughts in order, I don't think for a second that Nae and Jaxa are their puppets. Well, at least in Jaxa's case, not their puppets in this particular situation. I'm totally open to Jaxa being their puppets in other areas.

There's another group/interest in this party. There has to be. One that's going to have to have a heck of an interesting premise to explain how a real giant robot (made by teenagers-I can perhaps see the piloting, as time perception has a real value there) will fit into everything.

Also, I don't know if it's relevant that Kogame-Kogame is a Japanese song, when it comes to trying to decipher the reach of this Committee of 300. It is a Japanese show after all, so Japanese-centric plot devices can easily be over thought, I think. We could just as easily ask why the focus on Jaxa, rather than say...NASA. Of course, maybe we should be asking all that, and maybe this Committee really is a more local secret society. If we really wanted to go there, we could tap into Japanese xenophobia, and make the jump that this is a conspiracy to wipe out the rest of the world and leave Japan the sole entity in whatever grand future they envision. I'm actually not sure how serious I am with this last paragraph.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2012-11-30 at 10:15.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 11:05   Link #639
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The committee of 300 is involved again. They were the ones behind SERN in Steins;gate, makes sense to hear of them again since Okabe and co never truly put an end to their activities. They're still trying to create their dystopia. I still don't see how Kai and Aki are going to be able to counter their plan. They seem to be way in over their heads. Okabe at least had a time machine.

Nae has become a beautiful, and more importantly, sane young lady. That's great. I'd be happy with her having an important role. I hope she'll mention her father or other characters from Steins;gate at some point. I'd love to know how they're doing.
Old 2012-11-30, 12:38   Link #640
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
so robotics is the sequel of steins gates
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction