AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-09-19, 16:34   Link #361
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
oh so the wife didn't die that long ago.
Makes the beginning of the series makes more sense in the father still being really clumsy on how to raise his kid alone. Since at that point, it was barely a few months.

Better than if he was still at that stage and the mom died when Tsumugi was only 1 years old or somthing, heh.
Er... They have shown a few flashbacks with entire family being together, you know
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 17:01   Link #362
Blueknight78

man i really liked that serie will be like a 8.5 to 9.0 / 10.

my only complain is really the girl mother(forget her name) and overal that thing of "hard work in japan" which lead to tha things of parents too busy to proper take care and pay attention to they childrens, when the girl(i really forget the name for now) was sad thinking which maybe her mother don't really care that much for her i could really feell that pain and specially when i look to tsugumi father being exactly the opposite and try to not miss anything from his daughter(ofcourse since tsumugi is too little he is more forced to watch over her than the other girl mother which the girl already a teenager then the mother feel which she can leave her daughter alone and focus more on work), this is my only problem and to be sure is not just on that serie but overal series where we have many "bad parents" which are more focused on work or money than watch they kids and specially in battle series they normally ending being really trash parents.

another note which i feel which could be scare in being a "parent in japan" is rate of "deaths" how many anime/manga/novels parents die so easy and early, which is not the mother is the father while is not both and the children ending living alone, where the family which allow like 10, 12 or even 15 years to live alone and rise himself, this is another weird anime cliche which sometimes i would like to know if is really just a overused cliche to add drama or really japan family is cursed to have parents die early :P.

well whatever really a good serie and i gonna miss tsugumi.
Old 2016-09-19, 17:02   Link #363
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
oh so the wife didn't die that long ago.
Makes the beginning of the series makes more sense in the father still being really clumsy on how to raise his kid alone. Since at that point, it was barely a few months.

Better than if he was still at that stage and the mom died when Tsumugi was only 1 years old or somthing, heh.
I guess you missed the line in the first episode where his co-workers mentioned that it had been 6 months since his wife had died.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 17:20   Link #364
HandofFate

guess so, heh.

Glad we finally see Kotori's mom in the flesh after all that absence and teasing.

Going to rate this series a 6/10.
Since I actually didn't enjoy much of the cooking segments, like half the episodes I enjoyed, the rest was a bore.

Kotori's friend and the dad's yankee looking friend should be in every episode. They carried the scene whenever they're there.
Old 2016-09-19, 21:20   Link #365
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Finely he got to meet Kotori's mom Well at less Kouhei looks far better at the end then he did at the start

9/10 Needs another season
Old 2016-09-19, 23:09   Link #366
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 00:13   Link #367
grecefar

that ending maked me say "that's it?", I don't know what it lacked but oh well, it was a pretty good anime in the end and I was happy to finally met kotori mother, lol yagi is a fanboy of her xD
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 01:04   Link #368
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
that ending maked me say "that's it?", I don't know what it lacked but oh well, it was a pretty good anime in the end and I was happy to finally met kotori mother, lol yagi is a fanboy of her xD
What it lacked? About 12 more episodes. (That could have brought us to a cleaner stopping point.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 02:56   Link #369
Ultragunner

eerrr......why did Kotori's mom have to wear schoolgirl uniform again?
What kind of tv program require the chef to wear that?
Old 2016-09-20, 02:56   Link #370
IceHism

What an amusing mother. I was bored until she showed up.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 10:00   Link #371
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Started watching this show in the middle of August and I have to say that Amaama to Inazuma has that same feeling as Koufuku Graffiti and Usagi Drop.

After watching all 12 episodes, I'm glad that I found this show that's cute and sweet, especially when Kouhei Inuzuka is giving his all to make great meals for Tsumugi-chan! Definitely a great show in Summer 2016!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 13:03   Link #372
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I tend to agree. It didn't really feel like a last episode. Just a regular episode. Which is fine, it was a good episode and very much in line for the rest of the show.

Did wonder if the show would tackle Kotori's knife fear before the end, but guess not. Probably something the source material saved for further along. Right now pretty happy to just have her feel depressed that Tsumugi isn't afraid while she still is.

All in all a decent show. A nice 7/10 relaxing series to watch.
Old 2016-09-20, 13:42   Link #373
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I tend to agree. It didn't really feel like a last episode. Just a regular episode. Which is fine, it was a good episode and very much in line for the rest of the show.

Did wonder if the show would tackle Kotori's knife fear before the end, but guess not. Probably something the source material saved for further along. Right now pretty happy to just have her feel depressed that Tsumugi isn't afraid while she still is.

this is something which annoying me a little, not only anime but the manga source, the author add some interesting plots like her fear of knifes and her problematic relationship with her mother but never really adress that things and just keep focusing in the "food" of the week aspect and act like her issues are not really issues, could be better if him/her could adress it better and not just keep teasing here and there.
Old 2016-09-20, 17:03   Link #374
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:

SOL series seldom have a proper finale. Even so, I wasn't sure whether this was the last episode when I saw it but I became sure it was as soon as Kotori's mom showed up and the discussion about the okonomiyaki made "with affection" started. It just seemed to wrap up nicely the entire theme of the series, of connecting between father and daughter through food. You can't really expect more of a finale than that from this kind of show .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 18:45   Link #375
Wandering Soul

Quote:
For me it didn't feel like a finale until Kotori"s mom showed up.

Overall this was a nice and relaxing series. Wouldn't mind a season 2.
Old 2016-09-27, 17:05   Link #376
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Damn, I didn't know episode 12 was the last lol. I guess seeing Kotori's mom for more than 10 seconds made it worth while.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, slice of life