AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-06-08, 23:46   Link #1
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Conjuring 2

Tomorrow at midnight opens the sequel to The Conjuring.

I've been expecting this film way back when it was announced in 2013.

Here's the link to the official site:
http://www.theconjuring2.com/

I'm opening this thread for everyone to post their views, thoughts, and expectations for this film, based on the real-life Enfield Poltergeist case, which the Warrens took part in it.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 11:06   Link #2
HasuMasu
*Artist

This was my most anticipated movie of 2016, and it didn't disappoint. People laughed, and I haven't heard that much applause for a movie since the Paul Walker tribute, but most of all, people screamed.

It was great fun, and I look forward to Annabelle 2 and hopefully, The Conjuring 3.
Old 2016-06-09, 11:46   Link #3
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Sadly, most of the Warrens' investigations have to be taken with a grain of salt - Ed and Lorraine have often been accused of embellishing their accounts if not occasionally concocting fake incident reports (the Amityville horror, which was a hoax hatched by the original books' writer, a couple of lawyers and the Lutz family, was declared "genuine" by the Warrens who reportedly investigated on-site). The Enfield Poltergeist itself is highly controversial, even without the Warrens' involvement: many of the events and paranormal activity are suspected to be the result of foul play and other trickery by the girls...as well as over-credulous investigators.

Moviegoers shouldn't expect 100% adherence to facts, as
TL;DR…
Conjuring I ending
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I expect more of the same treatment for Conjuring II.

Nevertheless, the first movie was very entertaining and despite my aforementioned misgivings, I wouldn't mind watching the sequel just for fun.
Old 2016-06-12, 00:14   Link #4
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Yesterday watched the film in theaters with my sister and a friend of hers.

While Conjuring 2 doesn't excel in as much atmospheric and environmental horror like the first film did, nevertheless, delivers its heavy load of fright scares; some of them startled me to the point of experiencing goosebumps.

Although the film's sequel is enjoyable, it has its own share of flaws.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
The Enfield Poltergeist itself is highly controversial, even without the Warrens' involvement: many of the events and paranormal activity are suspected to be the result of foul play and other trickery by the girls...as well as over-credulous investigators.

Moviegoers shouldn't expect 100% adherence to facts
While I have neither seen nor read the full account on the Enfield Poltergeist through either recordings or documentaries, the film itself made me to reflect than in real-life, indeed, the whole poltergeist incidents mostly of them were farfetch'd made-up by the girls, particularly, the little sister Janet.
However, I did say "mostly" because even if in real-life Ed and Lorraine's account must be heed and taken with extreme caution using common sense and following the research and conclusions of the skeptics and professionals whom doubted them, nevertheless, a little part of me likes to grant them the benefit of the doubt not out of pity but out of their beliefs in the existence of an after-life.

Still, an enjoyable sequel, which I hope produces enough revenue at the box-office for the studio to consider greenlitting the next one. Hopefully, wishing for the third film covering the Warren's taking the case of the Smurl Haunting.

Last edited by Guido; 2016-06-12 at 15:11.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 15:53   Link #5
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
I am not really surprised that aspect would be touched on. Breakdown of familial ties and unity is a prominent leitmotif amongst tales of demonic haunting; the strife caused by the mounting stress within the family is commonly believed to empower the said spirits, leading to a crescendo in paranormal activity and the establishment of a vicious circle.

By the by, demonic hauntings (not tied to a location) targeting single individuals are rather rare (or rarely reported); most stories you'll read out there involve families, more often than not with children (heck, a vast majority of textbook poltergeist cases involve young children - leading to the formulation of new theories about the actual nature of poltergeist activities).
Quote:
Still, an enjoyable sequel, which I hope produces enough revenue at the box-office for the studio to consider greenlitting the next one. Hopefully, wishing for the third film covering the Warren's taking the case of the Smurl Haunting.
Oh, I remember watching The Haunted in the early nineties...I wasn't even in my teens back then and that movie scared the cr** out of me. It was only later that I realized it was based on a real-life event.