AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2006-04-04, 02:13   Link #21
dxgarten

Some screenshots and the OP for those who can't be bother to download the entire episode.

I thought the opening is a lot nicer than the ending theme. It sounds quite melancholic in places.
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 03:34   Link #22
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I thought the OP was very nice too. It's got a modern vocal and instrumental style but it sounds like old oriental music in a way. It's quite nice how they did it.

The episode itself was good. It'll seem slow for most viewers obviously.

Random curiosity also has screenshots and summary of the first episode.
Old 2006-04-04, 04:16   Link #23
setsuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxgarten
Some screenshots and the OP for those who can't be bother to download the entire episode.

I thought the opening is a lot nicer than the ending theme. It sounds quite melancholic in places.
Thank you for the opening. I was wondering if you can also do the ED?

I can't wait for this to be subbed. So far the season has been pretty dry.
setsuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 07:43   Link #24
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

After watching this and Haruhi, Soul Link is becoming more like a susuka production wise.

Ururuw is cute indeed.
looking forward to more.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 08:28   Link #25
Akirasuto.

Nice OP/ED. The imagery for the ED was particularly powerful and revealing, similar to Monster. Like zalas, I look forward to ep 2
Akirasuto. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 09:06   Link #26
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The girl Eruru's design looks like a female counterpart to InuYasha, however, only because she's a dog girl: dog ears plus tail.

I found it both refreshing and odd, since female characters in anime are most likely to be portrayed as cat girls or with cat features.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 10:34   Link #27
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
The girl Eruru's design looks like a female counterpart to InuYasha, however, only because she's a dog girl: dog ears plus tail.

I found it both refreshing and odd, since female characters in anime are most likely to be portrayed as cat girls or with cat features.
I love her reaction when the guy grab her tail, so cute I can defintely empahize with the guy i grab the tail too

>_<

first it was loli, now i am turning furry too

But she and her sister is cute

Can someone fill me in on the background of the story. No major spoilers but just general background info.
Old 2006-04-04, 11:29   Link #28
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
I love her reaction when the guy grab her tail, so cute I can defintely empahize with the guy i grab the tail too

>_<

first it was loli, now i am turning furry too

But she and her sister is cute

Can someone fill me in on the background of the story. No major spoilers but just general background info.
Omniscient's blog for Utawarerumono episode one.

Also, it seems that not only Eruru and her sister have dog ears and tails, but also the people of their home village as well.

Grabbing her tail, then that means an equivalent ecchi moment, right?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 14:58   Link #29
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This season is even tougher than I expected. I like everything I watch. Including this. The main guy and girl (dog? fox?) pleased me. The tail thing was pretty sexy. Even better than the wings in AIR, lol. And his dawning affection is nicely handled.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 15:23   Link #30
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Everyone in the world is an animal girl/guy of some kind or a winged person like Kamyu or Uru, whom you can see in the OP. The setting is basically like feudal Japan, with several countries with feudal lords and such, and with the peasantry living in villages like the one Hakuoro, the masked guy, ends up living in.

But there's more to the world than it seems. Saying anymore would be seriously spoiling things.
Old 2006-04-04, 16:09   Link #31
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Even better than the wings in AIR, lol.
You'll have your wings once Kamyu and Uru come around.
Old 2006-04-04, 21:03   Link #32
evil-samurai

Wow! the animation really is great!, and the lighting effects are amazing! (The fire from the very start was really! well done) comparing the lighting in Fate/stay night and half the anime out there Utawarerumono makes them look like crap The drawings are fairly simple as are the backgrounds most of the time, but it is really defined.

The is girl really! cute too and I loved that tail scene, never seen anything like that before ^^ plus good voice acting so far. I going to be following this one, though.. Damit >.> so many anime coming out.

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-04-04 at 23:22.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 22:41   Link #33
Alpha123

Just watched the first episode, this anime is a definite keeper for me this season. I love the OP that they have, very nice and catchy tune, and the battle scene just looked plain awesome. Heck, even if this show turns out to be a lemon, I’ll still follow it all the way through just for Ururuw alone! Can’t wait for someone to sub this show.

Oh, and can anyone put up like a pronunciation key or something for the title. While I really do find it fun trying to pronounce “Utawarerumono” on my own, it would be very nice to actually know how to say it correctly
Alpha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 02:30   Link #34
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha123
Just watched the first episode, this anime is a definite keeper for me this season. I love the OP that they have, very nice and catchy tune, and the battle scene just looked plain awesome. Heck, even if this show turns out to be a lemon, I’ll still follow it all the way through just for Ururuw alone! Can’t wait for someone to sub this show.

Oh, and can anyone put up like a pronunciation key or something for the title. While I really do find it fun trying to pronounce “Utawarerumono” on my own, it would be very nice to actually know how to say it correctly
Wait, what do you mean a pronunciation key? It's pronounced u ta wa re ru mo no like any other Japanese word :/ (okay, so maybe they are accented a bit differently, but should be fairly similar) It's shorted to waremono and utaware on Japanese forums, so you might use that as well. I guess if you want a half-accurate rendition, it would be: "ooh tah wah ray/lay rue/loo mow(the lawn) no"
And it's Eruruw and Aruruw; there is no Ururuw, but there is a Urutoriy later...
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 09:27   Link #35
DaFool
Resident devil

Damn, this is the high-production-value epic adventure anime I was looking for. Eroge has indeed come a long way.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 11:48   Link #36
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Wow, this anime looks great. Another Ero-BGame-turned-anime with really big values and great entertainment. There's a lot of them recently, you guys don't think?

Any chance someone start fansub this one soon?
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 12:44   Link #37
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

I wasn't expecting much from Utawarerumono (although I lvoed the game!!), but the OP changed my mind. It was really catchy and the visuals were great. Knowing what to come, this will be a good ero-game to anime conversion.

Also, I am very happy to see more and more people referring these games as ero-games!!! Perhaps my quest has not been in vain.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 12:52   Link #38
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Also, I am very happy to see more and more people referring these games as ero-games!!! Perhaps my quest has not been in vain.
All Hail KJ1980, Ero-Senian
Old 2006-04-05, 14:22   Link #39
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis
Any chance someone start fansub this one soon?
Static-Subs is subbing this one, and there might be one or more groups secretly working on it as well.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 15:58   Link #40
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
....Also, I am very happy to see more and more people referring these games as ero-games!!! Perhaps my quest has not been in vain.
Thank you, sensei. It's a more understandable term in English, anyway.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, aquaplus, bishoujo, kemonomimi, leaf, olm, rpg