AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-09-16, 15:09   Link #5241
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Bah, I kept Reggie Bush benched in favor of Shonn Greene and he flips me the bird by currently having over 100 yards and 2 TDs in the 3rd quarter.

Damn.
Yeah, he just fucking shredded Oakland's D. Goddamit…
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 15:12   Link #5242
GDB

While I have nothing to say about Reggie Bush: don't trust Shonn Greene, ever.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 15:16   Link #5243
Kyuu
=^^=

#$%@$%@#$

Ok Cardinals. That win was in your freaking hands. WTF

EDIT: HAHAHA, suck it Patriots.

Last edited by Kyuu; 2012-09-16 at 15:27.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 15:27   Link #5244
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
#$%@$%@#$

Ok Cardinals. That win was in your freaking hands. WTF
Are you criticizing the Patriots or the Cardinals?

EDIT: Ah, I see. I wasn't expecting that pick to happen, helps lighten up my day a bit. How, the wait for the 5:30 game against Detroit begins…
Old 2012-09-16, 15:31   Link #5245
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

On the bright side fantasy-wise: Nicks went from being iffy to even play to having 200 yards receiving and a TD.

On the bright side reality-wise: The Panthers beat the Saints for the first time in three years! And rather dominated the 2nd and 3rd quarters on top of it. Cam made minimal mistakes (aside from the soft lateral attempt during a 4th-and-inches at the goalline, but I blame the offensive coordinator for getting too cute in playcalling) and with Tampa Bay giving up the loss to Giants at the end, I don't feel as bad about last week's lost. I still feel that playcalling is too gimmicky, and although it worked against the Saints, I wish to line it up with Cam under center more often. And less designed runs from Cam through the middle, Cam will get hurt if it keeps up.

The defense shows flashes of being decent, but comes and goes through various quarters. It needs to be more consistent.

Arizona upsets New England.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 15:43   Link #5246
GDB

Ravens lost because of the new refs failing to call Pass Interference multiple times. One of which was very blatant (Torrey Smith's jersey being pulled for quite a while), and would've put the Ravens in FG range on that drive. Ugh, I hate losing because of an outside party.
Old 2012-09-16, 16:10   Link #5247
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Ravens lost because of the new refs failing to call Pass Interference multiple times. One of which was very blatant (Torrey Smith's jersey being pulled for quite a while), and would've put the Ravens in FG range on that drive. Ugh, I hate losing because of an outside party.
Anyone can honestly play this blame game with these stupid new refs. There were plenty of stupid hits on Vick early in the game that should've been flags for roughing or going low on him. I was also watching the Vikings game and I was laughing my self silly at how many holding calls were missed.

Though I agree about some of those pass INT calls, although I think overall pass INT calls are complete BS with how utterly specific they are with how they're called. Especially if Jersey pulling is enough to constitute one (although in the case you described it was indeed being held and tugged for a long time). There is so much contact that comes from both the reciever and defender when both are attempting to get at a ball that I don't see why INT should be called unless it is an overbearing amount of contact. Just my opinion though.

Either way glad my Eagles were able to fight back yet again, but we ended up with a lot of injuries and I still feel unconvinced by the OL. Brent Celek sure is a beast though.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 16:15   Link #5248
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Anyone can honestly play this blame game with these stupid new refs. There were plenty of stupid hits on Vick early in the game that should've been flags for roughing or going low on him. I was also watching the Vikings game and I was laughing my self silly at how many holding calls were missed.
Yeah, I know it goes both ways, which is why I only really complain about the ones that distinctly would've resulted in points/no points (like the one on Torrey, which would've put us in FG range on a drive that ended in a punt).

Hell, in this Redskins/Rams game, the Rams got off without being charged a 15-yard penalty on the goal line. Fisher challenged a fumble call, which isn't able to be challenged because it's automatically reviewed, and trying to challenge it is supposed to result in a 15-yard penalty.

I want the old refs back.
Old 2012-09-16, 17:14   Link #5249
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Patriots lost couldn't be a better Sunday . But the Ravens play calling was just horrible
Old 2012-09-16, 18:51   Link #5250
Samari
World's Greatest

Saints are 0-2. Dare I say their playoff quest already looks bleak?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 18:57   Link #5251
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Saints are 0-2. Dare I say their playoff quest already looks bleak?
I wouldn't be hitting the panic button on any team until week 6.
Old 2012-09-16, 19:11   Link #5252
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
I wouldn't be hitting the panic button on any team until week 6.
Especially with that team, but it's just that most teams that start 0-2 don't make the playoffs.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-09-16, 19:42   Link #5253
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Especially with that team, but it's just that most teams that start 0-2 don't make the playoffs.
That's mostly true, but there are always outliers, and there are no absolutes in the NFL.

EDIT: This Yahoo! Sports from last year provides some statistics on the "0-2" phenomenon.

Last edited by FDW; 2012-09-17 at 00:07.
Old 2012-09-16, 22:38   Link #5254
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

And the NFC West sweeps all four of their games, with a Niners win over the Lions.
Old 2012-09-17, 00:28   Link #5255
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Niners are just freaking beastly.

Shady and Gore make me think the NFL may get back to being a rushing league.
Old 2012-09-17, 00:45   Link #5256
Samari
World's Greatest

The drops were annoying. I felt the 49ers left a lot on the field, but whatever. A win is a win.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-09-17, 00:56   Link #5257
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

No disrespect FDW and any other Niners fans on here but damn some of their fans are so cocky and annoying. You would think the team sucking for most of last decade before Harbaugh came would humble them. Reminds me a whole lot of Laker fans except for the sucking part. Then again since I don't know them personally, half of them could be bandwagon fans.

Anyway going with the Falcons in the MNF since its in the Georgia Dome.
Old 2012-09-17, 01:39   Link #5258
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Niners are just freaking beastly.

Shady and Gore make me think the NFL may get back to being a rushing league.
If you think the ground game for The Niners is epic, just wait til Brandon Jacobs comes back.

Quote:
The drops were annoying. I felt the 49ers left a lot on the field, but whatever. A win is a win.
Indeed. And well, at least we have something in the air this year…

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
No disrespect FDW and any other Niners fans on here but damn some of their fans are so cocky and annoying. You would think the team sucking for most of last decade before Harbaugh came would humble them. Reminds me a whole lot of Laker fans except for the sucking part. Then again since I don't know them personally, half of them could be bandwagon fans.

Do you honestly any fans of any team will be humble when they're doing good? Niners fans are making up for lost time, and legitimately calling out the rest of the league about underestimating their team.

Last edited by FDW; 2012-09-17 at 02:00.
Old 2012-09-17, 12:42   Link #5259
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post

You could say the same thing about every single team in the NFL that is successful. Every good team has their fair share, probably the majority, of fans that are stupid and obnoxious. 75% of NFL "fans" in general are idiots.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-09-17, 13:44   Link #5260
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Fair enough I guess it mostly applies to teams with winning traditions in the past like the Niners and Cowboys. It does get annoying that they start appearing out of nowhere like they were in hibernation. Cowboys fans I could at least say are always there to annoy you. I guess thats how it is if you stay relevant to media.

Tags
american football, sports