Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-15, 21:33   Link #61
Big Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Then maybe he should of used it in Impel Down instead of getting completely owned and nearly dying...
Yeah he did use it...except magellan wasn't a logia, and Luffy was already tired out his ass from fighting through all of the floors in impel down.
Old 2009-09-16, 00:53   Link #62
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

maybe this is the answer for your haki bbblabbler thing guys...
luffy is not stopping crock attack on WB by just standing around and yelling..
but a direct kick at the logias hand (with a wet leg of course...) well for sure hes not mastered it yet if he does than he wouldn't need a wet leg to hit the croc boy...

nice to see buggy come back with the hilarious pose...
Old 2009-09-16, 02:58   Link #63
Big Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
maybe this is the answer for your haki bbblabbler thing guys...
luffy is not stopping crock attack on WB by just standing around and yelling..
but a direct kick at the logias hand (with a wet leg of course...) well for sure hes not mastered it yet if he does than he wouldn't need a wet leg to hit the croc boy...

nice to see buggy come back with the hilarious pose...
Pretty sure his leg was wet from the iceburg incident...i don't think he intentionally got his leg wet knowing croc was gonna attack him.
Old 2009-09-16, 06:01   Link #64
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Just a quick question...

Where did everyone get the chapter details before the scanlation released?

I find it kinda odd it's being talked about before it can even be read...
Old 2009-09-16, 10:58   Link #65
ZeroForever

arlong park, 2chan, etc... lots of places have spoilers before the manga's out.
Old 2009-09-16, 12:11   Link #66
marvelB

Ah, okay, looking at some of the newer spoiler pics, you can see that Crocodile DOES sneak up behind Whitebeard when he's about to attack him. However, he still technically gave himself away by speaking out loud before he was about to stab him (just like that giant VA), so I still don't think that he made the smartest move.....

Anyway, I love seeing how Buggy's back in his old pirate garb, even if it's really marine clothes he's wearing (speaking of that, I'm still sort of confused as to how Crocodile magically changed back to his old outfit at Impel Down.....). I also like how Kizaru still has that goofy smile on his face when he asked Sengoku about killing Luffy's group (guess he's up there with Urouge and Wanze for having the most semi-consistent expression in the series ). As for Brooke's ministory, it looks like some dudes from the long-arm tribe have kidnapped that female devil worshipper whom Brooke had asked to show him her panties before. Heh, so I guess that Namakura island may be Scratchmen Apoo's homeland, after all.......
Old 2009-09-16, 13:37   Link #67
ZeroForever

i personally thought croc's clothing was just result of logia manipulation.
If you wondering what i mean by that, i'm leaning towards logia can shape there element to be whatever form they want, as that's the only real way there clothing wouldn't be lost/destoryed whenever they transform or get hit... aka - while wearing the seastone shackles and such they couldn't morph said clothing/element.

or they could all just be wearing unstable molecules.
Old 2009-09-16, 19:19   Link #68
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
i personally thought croc's clothing was just result of logia manipulation.
If you wondering what i mean by that, i'm leaning towards logia can shape there element to be whatever form they want, as that's the only real way there clothing wouldn't be lost/destoryed whenever they transform or get hit... aka - while wearing the seastone shackles and such they couldn't morph said clothing/element.

or they could all just be wearing unstable molecules.
Or maybe Oda just thought it wasn't worth the trouble to have characters transform out of there clothing. Not only is it a bit more time consuming to do it that way, but quite frankly I don't think anyones interested in seeing Crocodile's "hook" during a fight.

Ecchi is fine, but if you include nudity in your manga you narrow your audience down to adults only, especially if its world wide manga like One Piece. Even if you try to censor it (i.e. Never showing a guys bottom half if he's naked) that becomes especially tricky, because now you have to show an exciting fight while not trying to expose the bottom front part of their bodies, and with women it presents all kinds of problems. So it doesn't surprise me that he just shyed away from that altogether.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-09-16, 19:24   Link #69
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Crocodile's attack is similar to the attacks we saw Ace doing against the same opponent. I don't know the childish reasoning Crocodile might have, since he might have already known how inferior he may be compared to Whitebeard. But I am really interested in Croc's past, and the reasons for his actions. It is definitely not "Whitebeard is about to fall, so I will make sure he falls" kind of reasoning.
Old 2009-09-16, 20:17   Link #70
Big Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
Or maybe Oda just thought it wasn't worth the trouble to have characters transform out of there clothing. Not only is it a bit more time consuming to do it that way, but quite frankly I don't think anyones interested in seeing Crocodile's "hook" during a fight.

Ecchi is fine, but if you include nudity in your manga you narrow your audience down to adults only, especially if its world wide manga like One Piece. Even if you try to censor it (i.e. Never showing a guys bottom half if he's naked) that becomes especially tricky, because now you have to show an exciting fight while not trying to expose the bottom front part of their bodies, and with women it presents all kinds of problems. So it doesn't surprise me that he just shyed away from that altogether.
I think the alternative would of been him staying in his jail clothes...not him fighting naked
Old 2009-09-16, 23:18   Link #71
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

^But it wouldnt be as cool as his original clothes right? Just dont make him fight naked. Heck, we've seen something like that a few arcs ago..., though it wasnt actual combat, but ya.

Its definitely not smart for croc to go behind WB and say, "i'm gonna kill him". If you cant take down the strongest man head on, go with stealth... But dont tell your enemy what ur're trying to do..., Croc nearly got dissipated into dust, not like it mattered much anyway. I know he's only wants to take down WB, but someone tell him to consider that he's fighting the marines as well? It doesnt matter whether he beats WB or not, he still has to go against the shinchibukai AND the marines. Once he successfully attacked WB, the other pirates are just going to gang up on him. What chances does he have against them, and Ivanov still knows his weakness.
Old 2009-09-17, 01:48   Link #72
ThoHell

O_o... interesting chapter. Damn them and ending it at another suspenseful part! Why can't they like make chapters..... longer, maybe like 40+ pages. Can't wait for next week!
Old 2009-09-17, 02:04   Link #73
nicepace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Pretty sure his leg was wet from the iceburg incident...i don't think he intentionally got his leg wet knowing croc was gonna attack him.
Well u are right in that line..
but what I'm trying to say is... the panel shows luffy wet leg.. is made intentionaly by oda to make sure to you guys that luffy haki is yet to be show in the near battle...
Old 2009-09-17, 02:31   Link #74
james0246

^Technically, since Haki is ones ambition, Luffy showed quite a bit of Haki in this chapter (He kind of had to, what with speaking to Whitebeard as if they were equal)....
Old 2009-09-17, 03:41   Link #75
nicepace

^yes jame thats could be count...
but the manifestation of haki into something else or in this case into luffy fighting style...we didn't see it yet...
we already shown how shank, sentoumaru, dark king...did with their haki...
but for luffy we need to be patient... and wait for another chapter

lets just enjoy the show.....
& I love to see luffy and new co.. do the thing the way they are right now with out a huge burst power up of haki or anything....

hyeaa time for Doflamingo v Buggy is getting closer...
Old 2009-09-17, 10:46   Link #76
ThoHell

Man once this is over everyone will know and even fear Luffy, for sure know of him. And his bounty is going to go through the roof!
Old 2009-09-17, 12:02   Link #77
Prestige

Nice chapter!

Great double pages! I really like how Whitebeard acknowledged Luffy and how Luffy could compete with Whitebeard as he would be his equal, now I still think that power wise Luffy is still miles behind Whitebeard but he has good spirit anyway.

Ah damn this chapter felt so short! Though it has much stuff in it it still ended up on great suspense... bring the next chapter already!

We will be seeing chapter on next week but intel tells it will be double-issue and after it we get another break ...

Well anyway cant wait for next week...this war get better and better with every passing chapter...
Old 2009-09-17, 13:43   Link #78
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Nice chapter!

Great double pages! I really like how Whitebeard acknowledged Luffy and how Luffy could compete with Whitebeard as he would be his equal, now I still think that power wise Luffy is still miles behind Whitebeard but he has good spirit anyway.
Same here. This double page is great with a badass Luffy Love evryone reaction especially Garp and Sengoku Now we need to wait another week before the next chapter
Old 2009-09-17, 13:56   Link #79
marvelB

Well, I think it's safe to say that it's now 100% certain that Jinbei's openly renouncing his Shichibukai status to Sengoku is going to have quite an impact on the upcoming merman island storyline, and not a very positive one, at that......

Heh, Moria's reaction to Luffy is still my favorite by far. I also find it slightly odd that Doflamingo says that all of the old and new Shichibukai are gathered, despite the fact that Blackbeard is still absent (Shiryuu just cured him of Magellan's poison when Luffy and co. left, and I figure that his business at the prison would take a good deal of time to finish.....). It's also pretty neat to see a brief appearance from Jango and Fullbody (but no Hina?). Also, judging from that radio transmission, it indeed looks like the marines have an ace up their sleeve aside from their plan to execute Ace early. I'm still thinking that it'll involve sending out a battalion of Pacifistas to fight against Whitebeard's forces, but there's still that chance that they have some other nasty surprise set in store for the pirates......

By the way, I found it highly amusing that Buggy got pissed at Crocoboy for attacking Whitebeard before he got the chance to do it. Oh, that crazy clown!
Old 2009-09-17, 14:14   Link #80
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
By the way, I found it highly amusing that Buggy got pissed at Crocoboy for attacking Whitebeard before he got the chance to do it. Oh, that crazy clown!
I dont think there was any mention about Buggy wanting to attack Whitebeard, what we have seen marks that Buggy fears Whitebeard more than anything on this world, he is totally intimitaded by him. When Ace falled sleep on Buggys ship back then he even ordered his crew to not harm Ace in anyway because Whitebeards retaliation.

When Luffy was competiting with Whitebeard at chapters end Buggy was simply shocked how Luffy could do even that...
Closed Thread