Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-12-11, 23:11   Link #61
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It's no surprise that Raimon fell back super hard. It's clearly a mixed up situation for her. Failing after being so invested hurt. But she probably also has doubts about her own abilities. That failing in this competition was proof that she's truly not that good. Maybe that she doesn't have the capability to take the others where they want to go or to achieve her own goals regarding her robot focus.
In general, the people who talk the biggest game are also those who are the most insecure. Given Matataki's treatment of everyone, this was an appropriate direction for the story, and it's important to show this. With this being said, confident and competent people always lift others up. It's unreasonable to ask Matataki to change overnight, but time to let her accept that it's okay to not be good would be valuable: all too often, people get the impression they have to be a wizard or they'll be judged, but in reality, all of us are learning all the time.
Old 2023-12-18, 21:42   Link #62
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well the rematch of Umika vs Matataki this time using real rocket engines

Well Kei gave them some help and theres a program for prototyping and testing rockets
Old 2023-12-18, 22:43   Link #63
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well, they worked through everything and that's good.

I didn't expect that Raimon would intentionally throw the match. Honestly she took them a bit too lightly. She didn't want to risk the chance of winning so made it a bit too obvious that she was pulling her punches.

In the end the results were good though. The efforts to push everyone away didn't work. It was just a tough road to get to that point. True enough that Raimon had plenty of insecurities herself and it was valuable for Umika to understand that. Easy when caught up in your own troubles to not see what is eating at someone else.

Classic route of the whole bunch being oddballs that don't really belong or rather needed a place to belong.

Now can wrap this thing up without as much tension .
Old 2023-12-19, 00:08   Link #64
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

As usual, all the rocketry stuff was exactly right. We didn't have those spiffy altimeters back in the 80s, though. Nor did we have simulation software, although I did try programming some of the formulas I found in books on my school's Apple ][+.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-19, 00:50   Link #65
Alchemist007
*Author

I felt like Raimon being so against everything was a bit forced especially most recently, but so was that rebound. I guess she finally got tired of being so damn stubborn.
Old 2023-12-19, 10:24   Link #66
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I felt like Raimon being so against everything was a bit forced especially most recently, but so was that rebound. I guess she finally got tired of being so damn stubborn.
You'd be surprised about how stubborn some people can be when they think they're in the right. It's tied in with their identity, and the prospect of giving that up is akin to giving up a piece of themselves, hence the difficulty in getting them to come around. In reality, people do go the entire lives without having the epiphany that Matataki does.
Old 2023-12-25, 15:28   Link #67
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-25, 21:47   Link #68
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Umika getting sick at the end and her sister shut the door in there faces when they come over because she has friends now but when she seen them they all look very different

7/10 Need another season
Old 2023-12-26, 21:03   Link #69
Alchemist007
*Author

Cute girls doing science things while learning what friendship is. I got what I expected.

8/10

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-12-28, 05:09   Link #70
Dop
Mmmm....

Sure, it was fluff, but it was nice fluff and if they made more I'd certainly watch it.
Model rocketry made for an interesting twist on the 'hobby' anime setting.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-29, 06:28   Link #71
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-02-01, 12:05   Link #72
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

There's been an "analysis" of Hoshikuzu Telepath floating around at TV Tropes, where one WarriorsGate claims that the series is about "existential angst, questioning one's place in the universe, and the dread of finding out you’re not who you thought you were" and the main theme is "[building] a new identity for yourself". The problem with this claim is that, if it were sufficient to find one's identity, and one was a success for having done so, then there's no incentive to do more, to put in an effort and improve, learn more and continue making discoveries.

It's therefore worth reiterating that putting in the effort to improve and working together changes one's values over time and leads to the cultivation of better goals and better dreams, built on better values. My main hope by sharing this counterargument is to offer another viewpoint, and ideally, convince folks that there's more to a given story than just the search for identity.
Old 2024-03-17, 18:48   Link #73
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Live-action show coming in June!
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote