AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-14, 15:01   Link #61
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Looks like he'll be a much tougher opponent in the next round though. Afterall he now knows 'The Great Special Technique' lol.

By the way, r some of those moments with the forest creatures meant to be dramatic coz I just can't stop laughing.
Old 2004-03-14, 15:04   Link #62
brand
Deadly Ninja of Doom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
By the way, r some of those moments with the forest creatures meant to be dramatic coz I just can't stop laughing.
I think it's meant to be more of a parody of dramatic moments like that in other anime.
Old 2004-03-14, 16:03   Link #63
RobertM
Kobe, not Osaka...

I love this series. I think it is the best-directed show this season. Speaking of dramatic, has everyone seen episode 7? I think the first ten minutes of episode 7 are some of the most freaky crazy dramatic intense awesome moments I have seen in anime, ever!
Old 2004-03-15, 02:39   Link #64
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
I got bored of it really fast, maybe its b/c i didnt watch jubei chan 1
Old 2004-03-15, 03:37   Link #65
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
I got bored of it really fast, maybe its b/c i didnt watch jubei chan 1
Nah that's not it, the second season is way better than the first. I just bought all the DVDs for the first season and it isn't as good as the second season. Don't get me wrong I still like the first season but Felicia adds more to the show IMO.
Old 2004-03-15, 11:54   Link #66
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSide Hero
Nah that's not it, the second season is way better than the first. I just bought all the DVDs for the first season and it isn't as good as the second season. Don't get me wrong I still like the first season but Felicia adds more to the show IMO.
About Jubei chan 1, im thinking i might get it, on a scale of 1-10 (1 being the highest) what would you give it?
Old 2004-03-15, 12:23   Link #67
Banisher
Wannabe Magical Girl

Quote:
Even if you prefer the second season over the first (I guess not everyone will agree with you, but that's not the point here), I guess you would not enjoy it as much if you did not watch the first season at all, would you? Because you get to know most of the characters in the first season, and you know why Jiyu hates so much the Lovely Patch, and so on.
Old 2004-03-15, 13:23   Link #68
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

Red face

Quote:
About Jubei chan 1, im thinking i might get it, on a scale of 1-10 (1 being the highest) what would you give it?
I give it a 7/10, the second season: 9/10; it is entertaining but the second season has more action & thrill.

Quote:
Even if you prefer the second season over the first (I guess not everyone will agree with you, but that's not the point here), I guess you would not enjoy it as much if you did not watch the first season at all, would you? Because you get to know most of the characters in the first season, and you know why Jiyu hates so much the Lovely Patch, and so on.
That's the one thing I really hate about Jiyu, she starts off hating the Lovely Eyepatch
for no real reason. She doesn't even give it a chance at first. Also the way the creators reintroduce all of the characters makes it unnecessary to have seen the first season at all. However it is still good show.

Besides the only real thing I was wondering after seeing the first season was:
Spoiler:
The woman yelled over her shoulder to her husband watching a game to ask who she was voting for. He responded, "we're votin' for the n***er!" The woman turned back to the canvasser and said matter-of-factly, "we're voting for the n***er."

In this economy, racism is officially a luxury.
Old 2004-03-15, 16:11   Link #69
Balbados

Perhaps we can try and see if Jiyu is really another decendent of Yagyu Jubei. Besides, can you explain about how she's already that powerful even without transform? (Note: Mutodori)

We already checked the background of Freshea, but Jiyu's background is basically limited to the one of *spoiler from 1st series*

Her mom's death (sorry, I still dunno how to mark spoiler ^^)

Anyway, still waiting eps. 7 from Solar. This is going to get interesting
Old 2004-03-16, 23:34   Link #70
Troy Thomas

Quote:
That's the one thing I really hate about Jiyu, she starts off hating the Lovely Eyepatch for no real reason. She doesn't even give it a chance at first.
She doesn't really start off hating it. She just tosses it aside without caring about it one way or the other.... Then it went into the garbage cause she didn't have an eye infection.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Besides the only real thing I was wondering after seeing the first season was:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-17, 01:45   Link #71
Za Paper

Wow, ep 7 was a ride.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-17, 15:54   Link #72
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Just seen episode 7. Damn, this episode rocks! I think the action sequence is one of the best I've ever seen. Really creative. and it looks like the 'Great Special Technique' didn't do as much damage as I expected.

Well both Jiyu and Freasha is ticking me off a little bit. Freasha obviously...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-17, 18:14   Link #73
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Just seen episode 7. Damn, this episode rocks! I think the action sequence is one of the best I've ever seen. Really creative. and it looks like the 'Great Special Technique' didn't do as much damage as I expected.

Spoiler:
I agree for the same reasons--but since in a lot of anime the heroine is perfect or close to it, it's kind of a nice change to see someone with flaws. And Freasha needs to be beaten after ep 7. Hopefully Jiyu will just smack her down by the end, but I'm not sure she has it in her. And Sai is just spineless sometimes...if he doesn't trust his own daughter over Freasha something is wrong with him...
Old 2004-03-17, 18:41   Link #74
Za Paper

Quote:

Spoiler:
The fight sequence was mad crazy. Swordfighting with parachutes I dont think thats ever been done before.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-17, 19:49   Link #75
Shaheed79

When does episode 8 come out? I only download after every 4 episodes for some reason.

BTW, I LOVE this show and I have never seen the first season. Felecia is great I love her cutesy to hardcore transitions and how she's always cuddling on Jiyu. I don't know why but this series reminds me of FLCL for some odd reason. A solid mix of comedy puns and great action I suppose.
Old 2004-03-17, 23:20   Link #76
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
The fight sequence was mad crazy. Swordfighting with parachutes I dont think thats ever been done before.

Spoiler:
He looks
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-18, 03:27   Link #77
Meier
A Beck anime? SWOON!

There's been a whole slew of awful shows lately but this one might take the cake. I can't wait for the April season since there will be so many brilliant series (unless a bunch of them completely screw up their transition from their manga counterparts).
Old 2004-03-18, 12:43   Link #78
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meier
There's been a whole slew of awful shows lately but this one might take the cake. I can't wait for the April season since there will be so many brilliant series (unless a bunch of them completely screw up their transition from their manga counterparts).

Oh well, everyone cant have the same opinion.

Anyway ep 8. Another great job by solar.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-19, 02:43   Link #79
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meier
Yeah some people really do have different tastes. I mean I thought Yuugo was the worst thing I've seen in a long time but you enjoyed that show, so...
Old 2004-03-19, 05:35   Link #80
tanuki

Quote:
He looks
Spoiler:
Think Jiyu understands what a burden for Ayunosuke (and his father) the lovely eye patch has been. Which may in part be the reason why she repeatedly refuses requests to wear it.

Spoiler:
Closed Thread

Tags
action, drama