Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-09, 01:12   Link #41
marvelB

Garp vs. Marco is official, folks:

Spoiler:

As well as Whitebeard vs. Akainu:

Spoiler:

Also, check out this badass war spread (totally lovin' the gleeful look on Moria's face, there ):

Spoiler:

Man, things just get crazier by the second.....
Old 2009-12-09, 02:31   Link #42
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Translations for the 16 spoiler pages posted at the usual place.
Old 2009-12-09, 02:48   Link #43
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Whitebeard used Haki against Aokiji, but as was pointed out in the earlier summary, it somehow didn't effect the admiral. If it turns out that Logias have a method of guarding themselves against Haki strikes, this will make future battles very interesting.....
I'll cum buckets if it happens to be true.
Old 2009-12-09, 06:12   Link #44
SMASHERJACKSON

from the raw scans it seems that wb is still in the same physical condition albeit not as strong as he was, but its still clear that age and the wound have affected his strength as hes not wiping the floor with the admirals - i rly want akainu to get owned by him but it seems oda is using this arc to set him up as a future oponent.
Old 2009-12-09, 07:31   Link #45
ArtCp

Quote:
Yeah, I'm glad that my prediction about the VAs being Rokushiki users seems to be true. Those VAs are probably a lot stronger than Lucci, as well (remember, Momonga was an active VA when Lucci was still a kid), so they'd definitely be extremely troublesome opponents for Luffy. Let's just hope that don't spam the Roku Ougan technique on him.....

Also, if Garp has a Fist of Love, I wonder if he has a Fist of Hate, as well?
Im sorry but do you seriosly think they are stronger than Lucci? Come on ;-P..The VA:s were like going on about the epicness of Lucci the whole time during the Buster call..and if they really were that strong why didn't they take down Luffy easily?

Im sorry just posted because your statement kinda made the Lucci vs Luffy battle crappy
Old 2009-12-09, 09:04   Link #46
.Lynx.
Redlox

Send a message via MSN to .Lynx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtCp View Post
Im sorry but do you seriosly think they are stronger than Lucci? Come on ;-P..The VA:s were like going on about the epicness of Lucci the whole time during the Buster call..and if they really were that strong why didn't they take down Luffy easily?

Im sorry just posted because your statement kinda made the Lucci vs Luffy battle crappy
Oh well, this seems to be one of the moment's discussion. I don't think that saying a Vice Admiral is stronger than Rob Lucci makes the battle between him and Luffy crappy. It shows us on the other hand that the Vice Admirals aren't just fodder, as some people might think. Aside the Admirals and Sengoku himself, they are top commanders and fighters of the Marines - Tsuru, and I just can't get tired of saying this, is even the second in command after the Buddah! For me, Momonga, Strawberry, Onigumo and the others are just as badass as some of Newgate's division commanders (and to tell you the truth, I think they're way cooler than someone as Akainu. But that's my opinion).

Oh, and I do think they talked about Lucci in so high standards because he was a great killer and fighter since his childhood, and was pretty much a meteoric character, as Luffy or Ace... not because he was superior to them all
Old 2009-12-09, 09:26   Link #47
ArtCp

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Lynx. View Post
Oh well, this seems to be one of the moment's discussion. I don't think that saying a Vice Admiral is stronger than Rob Lucci makes the battle between him and Luffy crappy. It shows us on the other hand that the Vice Admirals aren't just fodder, as some people might think. Aside the Admirals and Sengoku himself, they are top commanders and fighters of the Marines - Tsuru, and I just can't get tired of saying this, is even the second in command after the Buddah! For me, Momonga, Strawberry, Onigumo and the others are just as badass as some of Newgate's division commanders (and to tell you the truth, I think they're way cooler than someone as Akainu. But that's my opinion).

Oh, and I do think they talked about Lucci in so high standards because he was a great killer and fighter since his childhood, and was pretty much a meteoric character, as Luffy or Ace... not because he was superior to them all
I don't deny that they are really strong, I just don't think they are on par with Lucci. Thats all =)
Old 2009-12-09, 15:32   Link #48
marvelB

^You really don't think it's possible that marine VAs who had more than 20 years' worth of battle experience over Lucci couldn't be of a higher level than him? It's true that he's powerful and that the Buster Call VAs praised him for being a great assassin and all, but remember that the guy's still not a marine. I don't find it impossible for soldiers who spent decades actively fighting pirates throughout the seas to be stronger than some assassins who were primarily trained to snuff out single targets as quickly and efficiently as possible. Maybe he'd have no trouble with fodder VAs like that first giant Whitebeard took out (not John Giant, dammit ), but I still have a good feeling that guys like the Buster Call VAs could give him a real run for his money (I don't think it's necessary to point out Garp either, do I? ). However, if Lucci were an Awakened Zoan, then it may be a different story......

Anyways, after reading aohige's pic translations, I see that Kizaru literally adds insult to injury by giving Luffy a verbal smackdown about how he doesn't have the power to back up his courage, and questioned Whitebeard's leadership for letting Luffy go rescue Ace on his own. Heh, poor Luffy never gets a break......
Old 2009-12-09, 15:46   Link #49
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

It's baseless to argue, but I personally would also like to see Lucci being one of the best Rokushiki user around. He's the strongest agent in the history of Cipher Pol afterall.
Rokushiki using VAs being around equal to or over Jabura and Kaku would be ideal for me.
The end result is the same anyways, in Luffy's current state (after taking many smackdowns), he would have equally hard time against Kaku & Jabura teamup as he did in this chapter.
Old 2009-12-09, 16:26   Link #50
marvelB

Going back to the Lucci discussion, I guess the way I perceive him would be as the government's equivalent of a Supernova. He has great strength and skills, but still lacks the necessary amount of experience for him to truly be on equal footing with the strongest people the WG has to offer, y'know? The CP9 ministory leaves no doubt in my mind that he'll return to the series at a later point, stronger than before (again, still hoping he turns out to be an Awakened Zoan by then), but currently I still see him as being a bit below a select few VAs who've also mastered Rokushiki. By the way, I have no problems with any VAs being around Kaku and Jyabura's level, either (the dalmation guy is probably around that level, methinks)......

Heh, this talk about marine martial arts masters makes me wonder if there's any VAs who mastered Ramen Kenpo?
Old 2009-12-09, 16:41   Link #51
james0246

Quote:
Anyways, after reading aohige's pic translations, I see that Kizaru literally adds insult to injury by giving Luffy a verbal smackdown about how he doesn't have the power to back up his courage, and questioned Whitebeard's leadership for letting Luffy go rescue Ace on his own. Heh, poor Luffy never gets a break......
Which more or less means that Kizaru is going to get a Haki-chraged foot shoved up his light-turned-fleshy-ass in the not to distant future .
Old 2009-12-09, 19:10   Link #52
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It's baseless to argue, but I personally would also like to see Lucci being one of the best Rokushiki user around. He's the strongest agent in the history of Cipher Pol afterall.
I know what you mean. With his incomparable aptitude for Rokushiki, it would kind of belittle/lessen Lucci if all of the buster call VA's happened to be superior to him in that aspect. Complete mastery over Rokushiki was Lucci's gimmick, and thus he wouldn't be as threatening/special anymore if numerous individuals have an even greater mastery over Rokushiki than he does.
Old 2009-12-09, 19:12   Link #53
longnose-kun

Quote:
Going back to the Lucci discussion, I guess the way I perceive him would be as the government's equivalent of a Supernova. He has great strength and skills, but still lacks the necessary amount of experience for him to truly be on equal footing with the strongest people the WG has to offer, y'know? The CP9 ministory leaves no doubt in my mind that he'll return to the series at a later point, stronger than before (again, still hoping he turns out to be an Awakened Zoan by then), but currently I still see him as being a bit below a select few VAs who've also mastered Rokushiki. By the way, I have no problems with any VAs being around Kaku and Jyabura's level, either (the dalmation guy is probably around that level, methinks)......
Speaking about Lucci and co., I think that they will join up with the revolutionaries. The World Government tossed them out, so why not bring them down. It's not like they would become pirates, but I could see CP9 joining the ranks of the revolutionaries as assassins.
Old 2009-12-09, 19:34   Link #54
SMASHERJACKSON

in regards to the whole VA's vs Lucci discussion, my opinion is that even witht them being rokushuki or w/e users like him it doesnt lessen either of their standings in terms of combat ability nore give reason to compare - keep in mind that with the combined single attacks from the va's and admirals etc alike did luffy go down, while this was almost achieved single handedly by lucci.

Though that doesnt mean the marines involved in luffys smackdown are incable of doing just the same seeing as the required efforts put in by them didnt seem to be alot but still messed up luffy prty bad so if it did come down to a 1vs1 it wouldnt be a bad call of judgement to assume they could go at it just as hard as lucci if not more imo.

and rank obviously doesnt note strength, see ; garp, smoker One Piece Echiro Oda

nore does technique alone - enel would have fried lucci.

p.s. in conclusion, lucci is still damn strong - i would say possibly stronger then some of the va's shown if at all, but as ive said before marine rank alone isnt a notation of strength just as bounty isnt for a pirate.

Last edited by SMASHERJACKSON; 2009-12-09 at 19:46.
Old 2009-12-09, 23:54   Link #55
rob lucci

Yeah! Finally supernovas manage to go to marineford!

Law's ability can take down 5-10 pacifista at once....
marines are empty handed by now coz of Kid's ability...

i wonder if bonney can transform tsuru, garp, sengoku into a baby ahehehe...
Old 2009-12-10, 00:05   Link #56
rob lucci

by the way...
buggy was defrosted!
he was save by jinbei...

jinbei shot some water pillars towards the platform. buggy is riding on one of the pillar. then while sentoumaru's facing up with luffy, he use escapegoat to buggy.
Old 2009-12-10, 00:39   Link #57
james0246

^It seems you were suckered by a fake spoiler. The Supernova and Buggy do not appear, though Jinbei and Ivankov make a brief appearance near the end of the chapter...but they do not actually do anything but look cool (or at least Ivankov looks cool, then again, I am a sucker for a guy with a 50-meter head ). MarvelB's initial post in this thread is the confirmed spoiler.
Old 2009-12-10, 06:07   Link #58
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Cool

Quote:
However, if Lucci were an Awakened Zoan, then it may be a different story......
Why is that?
I think he perfectly mastered his DF+the technique of the dude with long hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Complete mastery over Rokushiki was Lucci's gimmick.
Also that he is a heartless bastard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob lucci View Post

Kid can do better with his DF.
Old 2009-12-10, 06:22   Link #59
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob lucci View Post

Law and Kid had a hard time vs one Px and you think he can take down 5-10 . Are we reading the same manga ?
Old 2009-12-10, 09:05   Link #60
ninetail1989
Dreamer

i dont know about u guys..but...
are u sure aokiji got stabbed??
it seems like he dodged the blade..and just went through his cape...
this will make perfect sense since even Marco can kick Akainu and Diamond can injured Cro and Aokiji.......no way WB cant do the same dont u think??
just my hint of doubt
Closed Thread