AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-23, 16:15   Link #81
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well that's certainly some motivation for anyone to buy that version. I'm really going to have to learn the Japanese language eventually .
How about the fact that the PS3 is region free while the 360 is locked?
To be honest, I'm really not a fan of the PS3 DualShock controller, but I'll learn to like it if I can import games. And yeah. $300+ people spent on XBOX LIVE for that DLC. Let's just crap on them by giving it to PS3 for free. XD
Old 2011-09-23, 16:49   Link #82
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
How about the fact that the PS3 is region free while the 360 is locked?
To be honest, I'm really not a fan of the PS3 DualShock controller, but I'll learn to like it if I can import games. And yeah. $300+ people spent on XBOX LIVE for that DLC. Let's just crap on them by giving it to PS3 for free. XD
That should also be a pretty good motivation . Still do think all that free DLC doesn't hurt.

Considering the DualShock controller hasn't changed much and I've had the original Playstation and PS2 it's the XBox controller that seems weird . All about what you're used to.
Old 2011-09-23, 17:01   Link #83
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
That should also be a pretty good motivation . Still do think all that free DLC doesn't hurt.

Considering the DualShock controller hasn't changed much and I've had the original Playstation and PS2 it's the XBox controller that seems weird . All about what you're used to.
Exactly, I have no discrimination against either console, but most people seem to.

Still, I feel bad for the 360 owners who bought all the DLC for that much. With a PS3 they could have saved that $300+.

The odd thing is, I liked the PSX controller which is still the same shape. I think it's because back in those days, I was a very strong RPG player- most of the games like Final Fantasy Tactics and Tales of the Abyss didn't require a TON of buttons to use like modern games are forcing me to use. Ran through Uncharted and Black Ops and I couldn't understand why the buttons were the triggers. Then I tried the triggers and they felt funny. >.>

Anyways, enough ranting. XD iM@S doesn't require quick button maneuvers so either console will be perfectly fine for me.

EDIT: Just looked at the tags for this thread and had a fantastic laugh. XD

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2011-09-24 at 02:43.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 06:44   Link #84
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Latest XBox360 and PS3 DLC(PS3 includes a special character)

Old 2011-10-07, 09:38   Link #85
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

There's gonna be a demo coming Oct. 13th for the JPN PSN Store if you guys don't know yet. Time to make a JPN account. :P
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 12:20   Link #86
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Latest XBox360 and PS3 DLC(PS3 includes a special character)

Grr...you beat me to posting it. orz

Now theres even more reason to be excited...(and to spend more money on DLC. LOL)

*EDIT

So does this mean that there's a possibility that Miku's "World is Mine",etc. will be available for our idols to sing?!?

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2011-10-08 at 00:39.
shinku no kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 20:08   Link #87
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Hello, Idolmaster fans. Where can I go to read about the Bad endings in the Idolmaster series? I've heard things about
Spoiler:
but the details are sketchy to me.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 12:44   Link #88
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I'd type in the exact game you're searching for and add "script" to the end of it. Generally for popular games, someone will have written up a script, but with iM@S I'm not entirely sure. Worth a shot though, it's how I looked for what was said in the Ace Attorney series!

Either way, seems I missed out on parts of the PS3 iM@S 2 demo the first time, so I'm redownloading it now. I also got the English patch for iM@S SP, and despite being quite incomplete it allows me to play in English so it's quite nice.

P.S. Here is a guide and overview for the PS3 demo, if you're having trouble.

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2011-10-18 at 02:53.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 01:26   Link #89
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

ONE MORE WEEK UNTIL iM@S 2 (for the PS3) COMES OUT!!!

...unfortunately I dont really have any new info to post or anything. About the only notable thing that I can mention is that if you want to see Hatsune Miku in the game you apparently have to purchase the Miku costume DLC. orz

*edit*

If anyone here follows the "Weekly Toro Station" from the JP PSN then for the 104th episode, to be updated on 10/28, they're picking up "THE iDOLM@STER 2"!! Yay~!! Uh-uuh~!!

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2011-10-21 at 11:32.
shinku no kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 01:33   Link #90
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Just played the trial version.
Ugh, both Jupiter and Ryuugu Komachi is hard to beat.
I assume that the idols we picked must be leveled up first so it can beat those two team.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 01:38   Link #91
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Just played the trial version.
Ugh, both Jupiter and Ryuugu Komachi is hard to beat.
I assume that the idols we picked must be leveled up first so it can beat those two team.
Keep up the practice, bud. A combination of good timing, combos, use of all 3 appeal chances, and voltage meter building will earn you a win; there's not much training can do aside from your skills.

Here's a tip; while tapping in time with the song, keep an eye on the enemy's voltage meter. When it starts to get high, use your appeal chances. If you do it well, you can prevent them from going into their burst mode, which drastically reduces your chances of winning. At the same time, keep combos going to make sure your voltage meter fills up. Needless to say, using your burst chances will cause the enemy to falter.
Old 2011-10-24, 02:59   Link #92
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Keep up the practice, bud. A combination of good timing, combos, use of all 3 appeal chances, and voltage meter building will earn you a win; there's not much training can do aside from your skills.

Here's a tip; while tapping in time with the song, keep an eye on the enemy's voltage meter. When it starts to get high, use your appeal chances. If you do it well, you can prevent them from going into their burst mode, which drastically reduces your chances of winning. At the same time, keep combos going to make sure your voltage meter fills up. Needless to say, using your burst chances will cause the enemy to falter.
Thanks for the tips...
I'll try again when back from work tonight... :3
The max points i can get from Performance is about 10-12k...

Btw, i cant read the lip of group leader before Performance..
Not a good lip reader...
Old 2011-10-24, 16:16   Link #93
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Better yet, don't even use any of your appeal things until AFTER you max out your voltage meter and use it lol. Try to get enough consecutive perfect beats to build it up, even after Jupiter/Ryuuguu uses theirs. You then get your points and use the voltage. By the time the voltage period is done, you have around 30-45 seconds left to use all 3 up. I've been able to use the voltage meter twice in one performance because of this. :P

edit: I also had no idea that if you use the appeals back to back and switch the characters the appeals go to, the appeal scene will include the current and previous idol you selected. A pretty cool detail I didn't notice until a few days ago.
Old 2011-10-24, 16:20   Link #94
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Better yet, don't even use any of your appeal things until AFTER you max out your voltage meter and use it lol. Try to get enough consecutive perfect beats to build it up, even after Jupiter/Ryuuguu uses theirs. You then get your points and use the voltage. By the time the voltage period is done, you have around 30-45 seconds left to use all 3 up. I've been able to use the voltage meter twice in one performance because of this. :P

edit: I also had no idea that if you use the appeals back to back and switch the characters the appeals go to, the appeal scene will include the current and previous idol you selected. A pretty cool detail I didn't notice until a few days ago.
Maybe I'll record my gameplay sometime; I'm getting 2 as well using my methods.
Old 2011-10-24, 16:29   Link #95
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Maybe I'll record my gameplay sometime; I'm getting 2 as well using my methods.
doo eet

This is how NamcoBandai advertises their games.
Old 2011-10-24, 16:35   Link #96
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Mai capture card, she be dyin' thou. I'll remedy the problem, I promise

Anyways, I saw one of those Ace Combat trucks in my city; I wish it was that iDOLM@STER truck...I would've screamed like a little fanboy and skipped towards it sprinkling rainbows behind me as I hopped.
Old 2011-10-24, 16:36   Link #97
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

rofl, I woulda hijacked it. :3
Old 2011-10-24, 16:40   Link #98
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
rofl, I woulda hijacked it. :3
Well yeah, I thought that part would be obvious so I didn't mention i-
Old 2011-10-24, 16:52   Link #99
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Well, rainbows and hopping is pretty cool too-
Old 2011-10-24, 20:59   Link #100
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Holy !!! That is one big truck... O.o

Still hasn't beat Jupiter or Ryuugu Komachi...
The highest score i've got is around 12k... ;_;

Uuugh... Rhythm game is my weakest genre...

Tags
amami haruka, hoshii miki, idolmaster, kisaragi chihaya, nonowa