AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 11 13.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 24.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 20.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 15.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 12.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.80%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.80%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.80%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-17, 17:16   Link #121
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
If inori is a clone, how come that she is 16 years old if the lost christmas incident happened 10 years ago?
Ergo Proxy had clones who's growth you could control so maybe there's something similar where they can make her grow faster than normal.
Old 2011-12-17, 17:28   Link #122
JediNight
キズランダム

One thing I just noticed in the OP: Inori is awake when Shu is flying around fighting all the Endlaves. Creative license or maybe something that happens with Inori later?
Old 2011-12-17, 17:42   Link #123
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
One thing I just noticed in the OP: Inori is awake when Shu is flying around fighting all the Endlaves. Creative license or maybe something that happens with Inori later?
I have some theory about that.Perhaps it would be better off in the topic of speculation but since you brought up this here.There you go.
Spoiler for Inori and Shu:
Old 2011-12-17, 18:00   Link #124
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
If she really is a clone of that girl (which is not certain or at least I'm don't sure about this )Maybe she's like
Spoiler for Blazeblue:
Or ther is the chance that both Inori and the girl who looks like her are clones of someone else.
We also have Carol from the Lost Xmas visual novel, but we don't know yet if the events in it are canon in relation to the TV series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
The latter most likely. There is quite a bit of media that features Inori awake while Shu holds the sword. This one is exacly like the OP except the positions are inverted

Spoiler for image:
Old 2011-12-17, 18:24   Link #125
Soji

^Don't was already confirmed to be a prequal? But yeah,there is her as well.now that I think about it the main character who is with Carol looks like Shu when he has his red eyes caused by Inori'void .
Old 2011-12-17, 19:19   Link #126
xDisturbedjeans
Likes2BlogUrAnimeNeeds

well! i got to siiked after watching this episode that i had to make a vid!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ivhO...ature=youtu.be
Old 2011-12-17, 19:33   Link #127
Manic
real men love pink

foor some reason i kept just looking at the predator lookin thing above your head to really pay attention to what was being said.
Old 2011-12-17, 21:19   Link #128
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

The girls really stepped it up this week.

Inori gets an upgrade in expressiveness, and not a moment too soon. She really needed to take this step to make the drama surrounding her more personal. The new facial expressions add so much to her. I know they've been going for "enigmatic bedroom eyes" with her up until now, but too often she ended up more "Nope, Chuck Testa" lifeless.

Hare's a goddamned superstar this week. No one else even makes an effort to see things from Shu's perspective, but she tries to support him. Not only that, she totally calls him on his BS when he finally goes too far. She strikes the perfect balance between supportive and proactive when no one else seems capable of doing so.

I sort of wish Shu hadn't started the episode so close to rock bottom, so that we could have seen him collapse into what he becomes in the end. I kept wanting him to struggle with maintaining his composure while he was being subjected to those flashes of horror, but by the time the episode starts, he's already pretty much been worn down by them. But I'm a backseat driver like that.
Old 2011-12-17, 23:06   Link #129
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Well, Shu just reached a whole new level of fail with this episode. Of course, I already thought he couldn't get any worse so I already had him ranked a zero. What's left? Sub Zero? And no Shu, Hare is not free-2-sex, nor is Inori "yours" by any stretch of the meaning.

Honestly, I'm so bothered by the first half that I have nothing more to say. Ten episodes in and still dealing with Shu's bullshit. Fantastic.

Hare slapping Shu was the only redeeming value of the entire episode.

Last edited by Demi.; 2011-12-17 at 23:30.
Old 2011-12-17, 23:19   Link #130
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Well, Shu just reached a whole new level of fail with this episode. Of course, I already thought he couldn't get any worse so I already had him ranked a zero. What's left? Sub Zero?
So Shu's becoming this guy?:

Well, I wouldn't complain over that.
Old 2011-12-17, 23:20   Link #131
weaponX
Designated facepalmer

Quote:
Well, Shu just reached a whole new level of fail with this episode. Of course, I already thought he couldn't get any worse so I already had him ranked a zero. What's left? Sub Zero?
NOOOO! Sub Zero is an actual person, and not fail or painful to watch. For Shu, I think at this point, lets just say he should be in the Hall of Shame for his pathetic showing in episode 10.

Quote:
Hare slapping Shu was the only redeeming value of the entire episode.
That was great, but not even that could save this episode, let alone this show.
misery no more.”
Proverbs 31: 6-7MyAnimeList
Old 2011-12-17, 23:21   Link #132
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So Shu's becoming this guy?:

Well, I wouldn't complain over that.
As long as I get to be Scorpion. Not the one that is already a head.
Old 2011-12-18, 00:27   Link #133
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

FINALLY....

This show starts to get good....

Now if everyone besides Segai and his band were to stop being such dysfunctional nutters...
Old 2011-12-18, 00:31   Link #134
xDisturbedjeans
Likes2BlogUrAnimeNeeds

Alright. I figured how to put the player on the forum now -_-
I was really excited after I watched this episode so I kinda blabbed on about it
but this is probabley my favorite episode so far.
Old 2011-12-18, 00:33   Link #135
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
*sigh* Like I said before, the staff is trying

WAY

too hard to make us hate Shu and think he's a wuss. It's honestly almost painful to watch how nearly unrealistically bad a funk he's fallen into. The staff is literally taking EVERY possible step to make him look like an ass. Even
Spoiler for Episode 10:
As I also said before, they'd seriously better over-compensate by making Shu one hell of a badass later.

On the other hand though, the next episode preview makes it pretty clear that he's going to quickly get over it and save the day, so let's all hold off on starting up the Hate-Shu bandwagon.

And are we sure this is a two-cour series? We're approaching what would be the halfway point for a two-cour show, but we've already got a major crisis as if it were a one-cour show. Not to mention
Spoiler for Episode 10:

I hope not, but I wonder if Guilty Crown is getting cancelled and cut down from two cours to one like Angel Beats was.
No....If this is two cour, then Keido being the real villian and all would be a good opening to the second chapter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
This is exactly that, but in the end both side where wrong. Shu for don't try to say what else was bothering him, and Inori, and others for don't try to find out if there was more.
You know that is to him like...talking about something that should not have been for him to see...it was that bad. He obviously won't say anything about it like this.

He's idiotic at times but the biggest assholes are Funeral Parlor by a long shot....

Which is why Segai turning their very cells on them made me laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Preferably with a face full of crystallized alien wing-wong.
And disintegrated, his soul being merged into some gigantic mass to fuel old man Keido's.....whatever it is he's trying to do...

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-12-18 at 00:44.
Old 2011-12-18, 04:02   Link #136
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You know that is to him like...talking about something that should not have been for him to see...it was that bad. He obviously won't say anything about it like this.

He's idiotic at times but the biggest assholes are Funeral Parlor by a long shot....

Which is why Segai turning their very cells on them made me laugh

And disintegrated, his soul being merged into some gigantic mass to fuel old man Keido's.....whatever it is he's trying to do...
But I agree here, the problem is ,I am sure that both Hare and Ayase had an a great chance to make shu tell the truth about the visions to them (even if they did not know aobut this and with great effort) the problem both were interrupted by someone or something.In any case, the truth asshole is still Gai in my eyes, especially given that he could warning Shu about his lost memories.Now that I think of, the theory of the void genome that leaves his/her owner if he/her dies don't seem to you guys to be a bullshit?Or I'm the only one who thinks so?And why I get the feeling that because of this and what is happening, Shu will be hunted by everyone and the only one at his side will be Inori

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-18 at 05:00.
Old 2011-12-18, 06:02   Link #137
Veretax

Send a message via AIM to Veretax Send a message via Yahoo to Veretax
Spoiler for For Allusions, on themes that could be predictive:

Now if I can get back to Shu at where he is right now. Wow, I feel for the guy, and it's a shame that the only ones who maybe want to see Shu say something are perhaps the characters he least needs it from. We got to remember that Shu has been without a father figure for a while, and while some of us May unwittingly attach such stigma to Gai. Gai clearly isn't a father figure, and in a way is like Shu, just trying to keep a facade up for the benefit of the organization.

Spoiler for On the character cliff hangers:

Spoiler for Gai and Segai:

Last edited by Veretax; 2011-12-18 at 06:23.
Old 2011-12-18, 07:00   Link #138
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Some of you, in this episode said Gai's behavior toward Shu was understandablle but I don't agree. Yes Gai don't have much time left and that's exactly why his behavior in this episode is completely stupid. He needs Shu power and yet, all he did in this episode was to point a gun toward him. Lol really ? Why didn't he try to talk to him first instead of making him his ennemy ? (like Ayase) He's an horrible leader and because of him FP is now on the verge of collapse.
Old 2011-12-18, 07:56   Link #139
Veretax

Send a message via AIM to Veretax Send a message via Yahoo to Veretax
I wouldn't say that Gai's behavior is or isn't understandale, but you have to remember that Gai wasn't there with what happened to Shu either. The guy I think has a sense that something is wrong, but I really don't get the whole pull a gun, chamber a round, fire it off close but intentionally miss thing. That just felt weird.

I tell you what I do like Ayse more this episode because she tries to talk some sense into them. The only thing I can feel, besides Gai's illness is that he's aware of more than he's let on, because he feels he has to carry this alone. I think that's one of his flaws as a character actually.
Old 2011-12-18, 08:10   Link #140
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Yes but Gai needs Shu. It doesn't make any sense for him to do that if he needs him.

About Aayase, I find her weird too. At first, she tried to talk to him and then after the whole Gai scene, she said "he's a coward" ? WTF ?

At least, Shu's behavior is understandable.
Closed Thread