AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-23, 19:21   Link #21
james0246

I really like the design for the steroid Quincy.

I'm also hoping that Soul Society is destroyed relatively quickly, with the old guard vanquished, leaving only the new to recreate the system.
Old 2012-05-23, 19:39   Link #22
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

In Bleah, if you turn ugly, you died...
Old 2012-05-23, 19:53   Link #23
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I'm also hoping that Soul Society is destroyed relatively quickly, with the old guard vanquished, leaving only the new to recreate the system.
...and the Zero Squad appears next chapter. Here's to hoping.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-05-23, 22:29   Link #24
Alchemist007
*Author

SS being destroyed quickly sounds pretty anticlimactic. I mean the sons of bitches have survived everything up to now, it should at least be a decent fight with the captains and such. Kubo can do this right in so many ways...
Old 2012-05-24, 00:46   Link #25
Calca
Expressionless

Still curious about the "Ishida should be stronger than me...oh never mind" comment.
Old 2012-05-24, 03:45   Link #26
Langus
Optimus Prime

Things that bothered me about this chapter:

1.) Orihime's sudden super high spiritual pressure that apparently is a big deal now. If she's had this impressive amount of spiritual pressure all along, why are we only hearing about it from the HM crew now?

2.) Ichigo's convenient conclusion that the disc on his opponent's head is what controls his power. There was absolutely no hint of this previously, no inkling as to Ichigo's thought process or a single panel showing us why or even how he came to that conclusion.

3.) Chad being included in a panel only to stand there like a completely useless tool.

Sloppy, sloppy writing. Bleach is increasingly becoming an excuse for Kubo to simply show off whatever character design he's cooked up that week.

Things I liked about this chapter:

Watching the flesh melt off Allon's body. That big, dumb crazy animal. Gonna miss his tantrums.
Old 2012-05-24, 06:47   Link #27
Casshern

I'm actually liking this Quincy arc quite a bit tbh. I was very skeptical at first as Bleach has been kinda hit-and-miss with the last few arcs imo, but I have to concede that I'm enjoying this one. I hope that Uryu will play a big part in this story, like a role that actually drives the plot forward instead of just being one of the main character's friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I really like the design for the steroid Quincy.
I like steroid Quincy too; I think it's kind of western-ish, the kind of character you'd see in x-men or something.
Old 2012-05-24, 06:57   Link #28
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
i think chad standing there had something to do with everyone about to get sucked up. he and orihime had very small pieces of themselves coming off of them.

so i bet he and her where in shock that their bodies about to be broken down.
Old 2012-05-24, 07:55   Link #29
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Orihime's sudden super high spiritual pressure that apparently is a big deal now. If she's had this impressive amount of spiritual pressure all along, why are we only hearing about it from the HM crew now?
The problem with Orihime's ability is that its functionality appears to be independent to her reiatsu, and she's not really the combatant type so it's shrugged aside among those whose reiatsus are much more useful as beings who can decimate enemies with a wave of a hand.

Is it possible that her potential is being noticed as of this moment? Potential powerup for Orihime incoming?

Quote:
Ichigo's convenient conclusion that the disc on his opponent's head is what controls his power. There was absolutely no hint of this previously, no inkling as to Ichigo's thought process or a single panel showing us why or even how he came to that conclusion.
I don't think Ichigo is aiming for his halo exclusively. Based on experience, a headshot is an instant kill, and from his position (behind Kirge, blocked by the guy's big-ass wings), his only available position for a headshot is from above, at the gap between Kirge's wings.

Quote:
Chad being included in a panel only to stand there like a completely useless tool.
What can he do, though? Ichigo is already struggling in trying to find Kirge's weakness, and he witnessed how Kirge simply skewers one of the Tres Bestias in an eyeblink.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-05-24, 08:28   Link #30
ronin myael
lost ronin

i don't really know what to make of this chapter. i find this fight extremely boring so i don't have much to say about it. but one thing that kept popping into my head while reading this chapter, what happened to ichigo's hollow side? did it disappear too when he lost his powers? so it didn't return when he got his powers back?

Last edited by ronin myael; 2012-05-24 at 08:44.
Old 2012-05-24, 11:00   Link #31
Solidlight

I don't even think Ichigo can match up to that Quincy. It's like he's having trouble killing him and that quincy is God-like in a way, absorbing all the particles.
Old 2012-05-24, 11:46   Link #32
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
Right now this absorption thing with Quincies is too powerful, so the next logical step would be for a weakness to show up...if they ever get to it in this dragged out fight with a throw-away character. The main problem is that the fights are happening in environments that make the Quincies extremely powerful. If SS had a brain, they'd take the fight to the real world, where the Quincies can only take reiastu from the soul reapers themselves.

If they fight only in SS, they will lose.
Old 2012-05-24, 16:11   Link #33
Alchemist007
*Author

Chad should have Ichigo's back, in fact, he should attack the brute in the back right now.
Old 2012-05-24, 17:02   Link #34
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
The main problem is that the fights are happening in environments that make the Quincies extremely powerful. If SS had a brain, they'd take the fight to the real world, where the Quincies can only take reiastu from the soul reapers themselves.

If they fight only in SS, they will lose.
It might pose a couple problems though. For instance, how would they lure the Quincy army into the world of the living? They'd need someway to convince their entire army to not only give up their field advantage, but also give up a golden opportunity to destroy the Seireitei. Secondly, intentionally using the world of the living as a battlefield without first setting up some sort of plan to ensure innocents aren't killed is probably a major no-no for the shinigami. They were able to pull it off last time because Urahara had enough opportunity and help to set up the fake Karakura town and its barrier. But now, present circumstances don't seem to allow for such an option in a timely manner. All things considered, the present scenario really does make it seem more plausible for the Gotei 13 to get backed into a really tight corner this time around. So I'm hoping Squad 0 is watching all these events unfold from some kind of magical crystal orb.
Old 2012-05-24, 19:37   Link #35
Excelion

I chuckled at the prospect of another fake Karakura town battle arc. It'd make so much sense for SS to do it, but yeah, I don't think even Kubo would do something as silly as that. Well, a fake Seireitei arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007
Chad should have Ichigo's back, in fact, he should attack the brute in the back right now.
I thought Chad was doing some Fullbringer training on his own too last arc. This fight really should have focused on him, and saving Ichigo for something better.
Old 2012-05-25, 02:52   Link #36
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Bankai makes you immune to getting sucked up so the Vandenreich have two divisions. Hollows to steal Bankai's and Quincies to absorb everything. Calling it now.
Old 2012-05-25, 10:46   Link #37
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
I chuckled at the prospect of another fake Karakura town battle arc. It'd make so much sense for SS to do it, but yeah, I don't think even Kubo would do something as silly as that. Well, a fake Seireitei arc.
oh god forbid! i will truly drop this series if that happens.
Old 2012-05-25, 11:20   Link #38
itachi-san314

Quote:
... wow I can actually see mayuri and kisuke setting up 4 barrier poles and having seritei be a fake place made up of real world particles. then all the quincies and their boring retainers fight the captains in the plain blue sky for 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
oh god forbid! i will truly drop this series if that happens.
lolz... my expectations are already rock bottom and I keep reading so I wouldn't stop. it could also become like MST3k and we could just lampoon it if things get too bad. if that hasn't happened already that is
Old 2012-05-25, 18:40   Link #39
astrallionheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Yea...I wanna see them suck Kenpachi's reiatsu dry...

"Shit...how much energy does this guy have!?" says the little Quincy as Kenpachi cuts them all down.
It'll be like Metal Cooler when he tried to drain Goku and Vegeta and realized Super Saiyans had limitless power and his power cables started exploding
Old 2012-05-25, 19:31   Link #40
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Secondly, intentionally using the world of the living as a battlefield without first setting up some sort of plan to ensure innocents aren't killed is probably a major no-no for the shinigami. They were able to pull it off last time because Urahara had enough opportunity and help to set up the fake Karakura town and its barrier. But now, present circumstances don't seem to allow for such an option in a timely manner.
Well, the fake Karakura town was necessary because Aizen was specifically targeting Karakura. The Quincy just want to defeat the shinigami and see the Seireitei fall. If the battle was brought to the living world, it could really be anywhere. Somewhere far from any civilization. Though for all intents and purposes the "living world" in Bleach seems to consist solely of Karakura town and a couple surrounding cities in Japan so I see what you mean.

Quote:
I thought Chad was doing some Fullbringer training on his own too last arc. This fight really should have focused on him, and saving Ichigo for something better.
Yep. This fight seemed well-suited for Chad. Really, I would've preferred to see him at least get a few licks in before Ichigo started fighting again.

Closed Thread