AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: What is/are your favorite bishoujo game based anime series?
Air TV 60 59.41%
Comic Party Revolution 9 8.91%
Da Capo Second Season 15 14.85%
Izumo: Takeki Tsurugi no Senki 3 2.97%
Lamune 13 12.87%
Magical Canan 2 1.98%
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's 19 18.81%
Raimuiro Ryukitan X 1 0.99%
Shuffle! 43 42.57%
To Heart 2 12 11.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-01-27, 20:26   Link #1
bluemist
i am the mist

Post Vote for your favorite 2005 bishoujo game based anime series!

Well, maybe it's that time once again to vote for your favorite bishoujo game based anime series of... last year.

Hmm... I almost forgot that I have been doing this survey of sorts.

2005 has some real strong contenders this time, and finally we're entering into bigger territory (some anime that ran for more than a 13-ep. season). What are your favorites? You can pick multiple items but please do limit to 1-3 so that we can see a trend.

Previous year results:

Also please note that Canvas 2 cannot be included because it is still running. Again Nanoha A's is technically not based on a game but it is a spinoff from a game (Triangle Heart).
Old 2006-01-27, 20:52   Link #2
RageTitus

I voted for

Air TV
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's

The rest i havent watched or just didnt finish well enough to my liking
RageTitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 21:37   Link #3
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I'd have to go with AIR. Great series, especially the summer arc. It may not have been a perfect adaptation, but it was better than most. Not to mention the great animation. Kyoani FTW!
Old 2006-01-27, 21:51   Link #4
Neohybrid_kai
Ikemasen, ojou-sama!

Send a message via Yahoo to Neohybrid_kai
wow mahou shoujo lyrical Nanoha is from a bishoujo game too?
I didn't know that
shuffle and nanoha are quite good, but nothing beats AIR ^_^
Misuzu-chin FTW!
Old 2006-01-28, 01:59   Link #5
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

AIR over Lamune and Shuffle!

But what about Canvas2? I'd rate it second to AIR.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 05:05   Link #6
Keitarou
Ninja

Ah, good thing that a multiple choice is possible. Else it wouldn't be a contest with AIR airing in 2005. :)

Anyway, besides AIR I voted of course for Tama-nee, eh To Heart 2, and Comic Party Revolution. Granted, the latter does have less and less to do with the game but I liked all the parody stuff. Too bad most people tend to overlook it, it's for sure an otaku recommendation. :)

Too bad that Canvas2 isn't on the poll, but it'll be a sure vote for '06 then. ;)

Hmm, nothing else to add, besides "curse you DCSS for wasting yet again 26 episodes". :P
Keitarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 07:35   Link #7
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Mine went to Nanoha, Air and Shuffle. Although I still watch everything on the list I find the others dropped the ball at some point, never picked it up to begin with, or just wasted the awesome potential they had and didn't become what I had expected.

So yeah, I guess I only voted for the ones that greatly exceeded my expectations.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 09:28   Link #8
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

I'm voting for the following:

1. Shuffle!
2. Da Capo Second Season
3. To Heart 2
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 10:45   Link #9
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou
Anyway, besides AIR I voted of course for Tama-nee, eh To Heart 2, and Comic Party Revolution. Granted, the latter does have less and less to do with the game but I liked all the parody stuff. Too bad most people tend to overlook it, it's for sure an otaku recommendation.
Yes yes I agree, Comic Party Revolution is my underdog series of the year. I'm really glad how good it turned out to be... as opposed to To Heart 2.
Old 2006-01-28, 13:08   Link #10
Ilpalazzo-sama

AIR of course.
Ilpalazzo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 01:20   Link #11
Greenish Growth

I'd say I liked them in this order:

1. Air TV
2. Shuffle!
3. To Heart 2
4. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's
5. Lamune
6. Izumo: Takeki Tsurugi no Senki
7. Da Capo Second Season
8. Comic Party Revolution
9. Magical Canan
10. Raimuiro Ryukitan X

I liked Air TV a lot, but not enough for it to make my all-time favorite anime list. Shuffle! was pretty fun and enjoyable. "To Heart 2" was okay, but I was disappointed at how the drama fizzled out at the end. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's was alright, but wasn't really for me. I thought Lamune was pretty bland at the beginning. I never liked Nanami's character at all. She's one of my least favorite ren'ai game anime female leads (she's down the list from that backstabbing Ayu (Dousoukai) and that @%& Azusa from Pia Carrot 2/2 DX).

I tried to like Izumo TV, but it didn't help that I was so completely spoiled on the game's character designs and kept thinking of Tenshi no Shippo everytime I looked at the female characters. I wish they had a larger budget for the anime. Da Capo: Second Season was very frustrating for me. It made me dislike Nemu who I liked so much after completing the first season. I've never been much into the comedy of the Comic Party series. I just about never get into performing/creative arts anime.

Magical Canan I didn't get into at all (though I did like the adult anime version). Raimuiro Ryukitan X made me mourn how low ELF game adapted anime have fallen over the last few years. It's all so very sad.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 06:13   Link #12
Forever
Revealing the truth

1. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's (a fav for best anime of 2005 as well)
2. Air
3. To Heart
4. Lamune
5. Izumo
6. Shuffle
7. DCSS
Old 2006-01-31, 02:52   Link #13
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

hmm was nanoha based on a game? >.>
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 03:17   Link #14
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx
hmm was nanoha based on a game? >.>
Indirectly, yes. She was a character in the "Triangle Hearts 3" game.

But Nanoha's character was altered and changed into a magical girl for the Nanoha anime in the same way that Sasami (Tenchi) was turned into a magical girl for the Pretty Sammy anime series.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 15:49   Link #15
DaFool
Resident devil

1.) Air TV. Superb animation, nice touchy feely atmosphere though I had no clue what was going on.
2.) Nanoha A's. Best shounen action series ever...as commented by others easily beats the Gundams and even Naruto as far as beating the shiet out of each other goes. The best part about it is the whole idea for it started as a joke.
3.) Shuffle! Lackluster ending, but still it was a nice fun ride.

D.C.S.S. started as strong as Shuffle!, but it's quite good enough, an easy 4th place if we had more votes.
The rest are watchable but not worth mentioning.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 17:12   Link #16
ayyo

AIR TV with Shuffle! at second. Both of them did a lousy job flowing with the characters' stories imo. Shuffle gave each of them equal time so the transaction between them was pretty shaky. AIR TV gave the other stories combined as much time as the main story, which was good, but the finished characters and their aftermath completely disappeared from the scene.

Nanoha A really shouldn't count IMO since it would be as if someone put the the characters of Gundam into a school/romance/comedy anime and it still counts as a "Vote for your favorite 2006 mecha show" just because they were characters in a mecha anime.

Quote:
1.) Air TV. Superb animation, nice touchy feely atmosphere though I had no clue what was going on.
So.. in short you voted it #1 because of the animation and not because of the actual substance or story? K.
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 07:31   Link #17
Cloudy

Huh,I don't know that nanoha A is based on a bishoujo game.
Cloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 08:48   Link #18
Rushuna
Supaa Handsome Boi

I'm just wondering how many people are actually familiar with the original Magical Kanan game and OAV.

Quote:
Huh,I don't know that nanoha A is based on a bishoujo game.
Technically it's not. Nanoha A's is the sequel to Nanoha Season 1, which is a spin-off of the Triangle Heart OAV which Nanoha is in for like 5 minutes, which is then based off of the Triangle Hearts H-game.

The aforementioned h-game does have naked pictures of Nanoha, though.
Rushuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 19:27   Link #19
shadowplay
passive observer

1. Air
2. Canvas2
3. ToHeart2

Everything else kinda sucked, Shuffle was annoyingly overrated (Primula was cute though, but that's about it)

edit: after seeing ending DCSS sucked aswell

Last edited by shadowplay; 2006-04-03 at 08:14.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 19:53   Link #20
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

AIR. It's beautiful animation, coupled up with the awesome characterizations of its characters (Misuzu, Minagi, Kano, Haruko, Yukito, Kanna, Uraha, Ryuuya) made this 14 + 1 episode anime series one of the best bishoujo game anime series I've seen in a long time.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote