AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-06-26, 01:19   Link #301
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
One thing though, I've more or less understood Kanzaki, Oriana, Kazakiri and the other girls' reason for fighting, but why did Itsuwa 'betray' Touma ?
Once Touma found Itsuwa she was being her usual soft self and all when Mikoto caught up. At that point Mikoto used the magic words "So, you already got yet another new girl" and "if you don't have "that kind" of relationship with them (Sasha and Oriana), then what is your relationship?", with Touma refusing to answer, thus; Itsuwa's speech patter became something like "for some reason or another, it's definitely Kamijou-san's fault".

Quote:
The best encounters has to be with Mugino and Accelerator with Touma doing the smart thing and run like hell
Certainly, Mugino's switch flipping over her bento and Touma trying to wash off the fault from the deed was priceless, specially after the fight when they sent Mikoto away to bring a high quality bento.
Old 2011-06-26, 07:34   Link #302
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

The Railgun PSP game will be coming out November 24th.

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/8470/index4310.jpg
Old 2011-06-26, 08:30   Link #303
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Once Touma found Itsuwa she was being her usual soft self and all when Mikoto caught up. At that point Mikoto used the magic words "So, you already got yet another new girl" and "if you don't have "that kind" of relationship with them (Sasha and Oriana), then what is your relationship?", with Touma refusing to answer, thus; Itsuwa's speech patter became something like "for some reason or another, it's definitely Kamijou-san's fault".
Itsuwa doesn't like indecisive male characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Certainly, Mugino's switch flipping over her bento and Touma trying to wash off the fault from the deed was priceless, specially after the fight when they sent Mikoto away to bring a high quality bento.
And then later when Accelerator appears

"Biribiri get out of here! I'll handle this! Just go! HURRY!... RAAAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAACCELERATOR! WE'LL DO THIS ANOTHER TIMEEEE !!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/8470/index4310.jpg

LOL! They've pushed it back further again?! Okay this is getting suspicious- Just what kind of [Girl Talk Adventure] game are they cooking up ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 19:46   Link #304
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well kaminomi has showed us what bugs can do to these games.
Old 2011-07-05, 02:58   Link #305
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
well kaminomi has showed us what bugs can do to these games.
You would think the Index PSP fighting game would have more issues... Apparently Gal Games are for hardcore creators and that why you don't see (m)any dating sim features in western games
Old 2011-07-19, 01:34   Link #306
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
W...what!?

How many times must they push back the release date!? And most of all, WHY~!!? If I remember correctly the original release date was March 2011 wasnt it? That means its been pushed back a total of 8 months...

Seriously, I pre-ordered this game back in October 2010...so that'll mean I've waited for this game for little over a year...

Was there a problem in developing the game or is it possibly the Kuroko figma figure that is the problem? Sure looks like Max Factory is busy making totally awesome figures so...maybe they're too busy to keep up with orders??

*disappears to go sulking*
Old 2011-07-19, 02:01   Link #307
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yeah, I've said this about a month ago- Just what kind of [Girl Talk Adventure] game are they cooking up ?

You would think that it's the easiest thing to make- a simple visual novel... But this is getting suspicious, is it going to be like [Heavy Rain] ?! Or maybe some reverse dating sim...
Old 2011-07-27, 09:54   Link #308
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Looks like they're using the same models from the Index PSP...

Old 2011-07-27, 11:31   Link #309
zaeraal

Quote:
Looks like they're using the same models from the Index PSP...
Spoiler for size:
But Saten didn't have a model in index PSP, right?
That makes at least one original

Btw how about MC?
Is the MC gonna be Mikoto or it will be selectable between Misaka, Shirai, Saten, Uiharu or automaticaly change between them or is it going to be some unnamed protagonist (please, no Touma).
And I heard the game is divided into 2 parts - one when you talk and collect information that can be used later, other when you move in 3D with your character, but will you just go from place to place to talk with different girls, or there will be some combat or minigames?
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 04:13   Link #310
judasmartel
*Author

Um, guys, I'm just curious.

1. Which characters are the most used? I'll take a guess at the top 3 just to see if I'm right:

Spoiler for TAMNI Top 5 Character Usage:

2. Is it me or is Mugino's skill set really that cheap? I'm under the impression that even 5-year-olds can win against strong players by Beam Spamming her Frickin' Laser Beams all day. Please prove me wrong.

3. Is it me or is Touma overpowered in this game?

4. Who's the best user of each character so far?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 05:51   Link #311
Sandinwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Um, guys, I'm just curious.

1. Which characters are the most used? I'll take a guess at the top 3 just to see if I'm right:

Spoiler for TAMNI Top 5 Character Usage:

2. Is it me or is Mugino's skill set really that cheap? I'm under the impression that even 5-year-olds can win against strong players by Beam Spamming her Frickin' Laser Beams all day. Please prove me wrong.

3. Is it me or is Touma overpowered in this game?

4. Who's the best user of each character so far?
Of course he is overpowered, he is the Series Protagonist after all.

Last edited by Sandinwater; 2011-08-18 at 07:18.
Sandinwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 06:53   Link #312
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I've never played the game myself, but the general consensuses seem to be Accelerator as the strongest, follow by Mugino/Imouto/Mikoto in whichever order.

Touma's not necessarily the strongest, but he seems to be one of the easiest to use.

I think people also like to use Kuroko as well.

The Magician characters including Tsuchimikado seem to be less straight forward to use.
Old 2011-08-18, 07:17   Link #313
Sandinwater

Quote:
I've never played the game myself, but the general consensuses seem to be Accelerator as the strongest, follow by Mugino/Imouto/Mikoto in whichever order.

Touma's not necessarily the strongest, but he seems to be one of the easiest to use.

I think people also like to use Kuroko as well.

The Magician characters including Tsuchimikado seem to be less straight forward to use.
I have played the game and as far as I know Kuroko is good but that's only unless you are like a master at chain attacking, same goes for Mikoto.
Sandinwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 08:13   Link #314
judasmartel
*Author

1. Okay, so what's anyone's take on a player whose strategy on Mugino is to keep Beam Spamming her Frickin' Laser Beams?

2. Oh, I think I meant who is the best player to use particular characters? If not, then which characters bring out the best in you in this game?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 17:35   Link #315
Drifting Wolf

I generally play Touma because blocking has become an instinctual reflex for me while playing the game. And Touma can be really, really cheap once you figure out how to chain attacks and abuse Imagine Breaker.

To clarify, his 'block' works on certain finishers - Railgun, Mugino's massive laser blast, Kazakiri's sonic scream, Misha's Ice Wings (The extended one can be avoided through the first block and blocking again), Innocentius, Tsuchimikado's Four Symbol Array, etc.

While many other attacks still can be blocked by other characters, the delay for them to recover is still the longest when Imagine Breaker triggers. His extended ultimate, where he thrusts his hand forward before falcon punching, is about 1/3 the opponent health and still stops most 'supernatural' attacks. The mechanics for block and his ultimate work differently, so take note.

Thanks to my reflexes honed while playing the game, unless the enemy has me trapped in a chain, any ultimates will only serve to allow me to land more hits on you. His punches hurt like hell too.

He does have a bad matchup against Imouto, Kanzaki and Kuroko though. Kuroko especially, since your block (Imagine Breaker) works on close to nothing but her throws. Imouto is very, very annoying. My friend has an unhealthy obsession with assaulting Touma with lead and snipers.
Drifting Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 17:47   Link #316
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
^ One thing about playing Touma, apart from that, is that he is one of the characters who are very agile and chain his attacks very fast, Tsuchimikado follows a close second. So if you can be used to blocking while finding an opening, never go easy; just give them at least 4 hits because that hurts. Not even Kanzaki reacts faster than he could, but when she does she hurts like hell >_<

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 17:51   Link #317
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

While we're on this topic... We already know how the Esper characters fight and their methods...

But what about the magicians? You guys hardly ever talk about them
Old 2011-08-18, 18:09   Link #318
Drifting Wolf

The only Magician that's remotely good is Itsuwa and probably Misha, actually. It took me a while but she can be quite devastating when used right. The magic circles she uses has a 'charge' and when she switches the circles, the charge fires out.

The red one and blue one is, by far, the most useful. She has good reach and her dodge actually covers a bit of distance. However, she suffers from a major drawback in that all her spear attacks can be blocked and it can get grating against certain opponents who can simply stand back and spam attacks (Imouto and Mugino). She does have a good lead in attack and her combos take a good chunk of health out of any unwary opponent.

Misha is pretty underwhelming when you first get to use her. Her reach is pathetic and the chargeup between her attacks can be quite frustrating. However, the moment you get a single hit in is when the pain starts rolling in. Her attacks comprise on landing the opponent on the ground and dealing crash damage, then attack them while they are reeling.

Her magic attack is best used at range, except the one where she uses a wave. The one where she calls down a torrent of water upon the enemy is useful for forcing them to take the fight to you while you combo off with a couple of melee hits. Her ultimate is fairly devastating, with one for close range and another if your opponent tries to stay out of your reach.
Drifting Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 18:54   Link #319
Miraluka
Banned

Misha buys me, I wonder if I can get a copy from a nearby store.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 19:06   Link #320
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
While we're on this topic... We already know how the Esper characters fight and their methods...

But what about the magicians? You guys hardly ever talk about them
Tsuchimikado: His melee attack is quick and you can play a little bit of a trick game with it. If you need distance he has a gun. He's a character you'll need to build up his power gauge in order to get the best out of him.

Acqua: Bloody hell semi-invulnerability and high attack priority as soon as he starts swinging his goddamned Ascalon! I lost to him a few times because of that. But his water spell takes quite some time to activate, you can dodge in time, but if you're not wary it'll catch you by surprise - and it covers a good range as well.

Itsuwa: I'm thinking of a certain Lancer... she has a good range of spells, or rather, elemental buffs. Which makes drilling enemies with the spear all the better.

Kanzaki: To use her needs some pretty deep knowledge of her Nanasen wire attacks and some trickster style play... if you manage that she makes a good long-range hitter who stands still. You don't really swing her sword around except for her ultimate move and hitting enemies with the sword's sheath as normals. Also she has two elemental spells (fire and water) to add more damage to her Nanasen, but I don't know how these activates. I get those to work by random it seems.

Misha: Her spells are slow but cheap when it does hit. Melee-wise she's below average, but is good when you have to.

That's as far as I can recall... and my thoughts on them.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote