AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-12-18, 23:58   Link #1
LROlsson

[PS4] Ys IX Monstrum Nox

The latest game in the Ys series have been announced.
Ys IX Monstrum Nox.

Will be released in 2019 for PS4.

source

edit: Direct feed screenshots and art from Dengeki and Official website
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by LROlsson; 2018-12-19 at 01:28.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 01:47   Link #2
marvelB

Sweet, been looking forward to the next Ys! I think I remember Falcom saying it would take place shortly after 8, if memory serves me right (so it should still be set before 6, chronologically). Curiously, there seems to be no sign of Adol in these promo images, though. Wonder what's up with that....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 02:42   Link #3
LROlsson

What they revealed is most likely enough for now to catch people's interest. No need to show of Adol's new design yet, and maybe they want to keep his role a secret for now.

"Is the dream reality? Or is the reality a dream? The answer I reached to is extremely simple.
"It doesn't matter now, does it." Couldn't it be... that both are the truth? Both are the truth."
They might attempt the same idea that they had for YsVIII, but maybe try to do it more properly this time.
Old 2018-12-19, 05:49   Link #4
Sacredus

Now lets pray for XSEED. I hope this will be playable without knowing anything from 8 since I refuse to buy this game because it was released by NISA.

Last edited by Sacredus; 2018-12-19 at 07:06.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 12:20   Link #5
marvelB

^For the most part, the stories from Ys games are self-contained, with a few characters/references carrying over to later entries (nothing too significant, though). The only games that are closely linked are the first two titles, and they tend to be bundled together anyway, so that's no big deal, there.

Anyway, I do suppose it's a bit early to read too deeply into Adol's apparent absence.... though I do wonder if it's possible if Falcom will pull an Origin and focus on a completely new cast instead? Could be interesting, I suppose....
Old 2018-12-19, 12:36   Link #6
bones

^^ Haven't Xseed's pro Falcom team all left the company? Is there still hope for them to localize Falcom games?
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 13:39   Link #7
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, I do suppose it's a bit early to read too deeply into Adol's apparent absence.... though I do wonder if it's possible if Falcom will pull an Origin and focus on a completely new cast instead? Could be interesting, I suppose....
If they would attempt that, they would likely not give it a number and instead made it seem like a spin off (or a another IP).
Besides, in famitsu's feature about the upcoming year, they said that with the new Ys game they will show Adol's adventure with a different atmosphere than it have previous had.
Old 2018-12-19, 19:33   Link #8
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Sweet, been looking forward to the next Ys! I think I remember Falcom saying it would take place shortly after 8, if memory serves me right (so it should still be set before 6, chronologically). Curiously, there seems to be no sign of Adol in these promo images, though. Wonder what's up with that....?
Maybe he finally died from a shipwreck this time
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 04:18   Link #9
marvelB

^If that's the case, then maybe Dogi can wall-bash him back to life! Now THAT would be an epic plot for Ys 9!
Old 2018-12-25, 23:07   Link #10
LROlsson

There will be grass fields, woods and ruins.
IX takes place after 7, and Adol is older than he has ever been and people know of his name around places.
It's still party based with simple controls.
There are abilities to run on walls and moving through shadows.
Guild managing system, similar to the village system from 8.
source

Wonder whats up with it taking place after 8, when in the end it takes place after 7.
Old 2018-12-26, 01:20   Link #11
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
There will be grass fields, woods and ruins.
IX takes place after 7, and Adol is older than he has ever been and people know of his name around places.
It's still party based with simple controls.
There are abilities to run on walls and moving through shadows.
Guild managing system, similar to the village system from 8.
source

Wonder whats up with it taking place after 8, when in the end it takes place after 7.
Chronologically, Ys 8 was set before 6 and 7 (Dogi mentions they had not made it to Altago yet, the setting for Seven).

Since currently 7 is currently the furthest down the timeline, that would place 9 after 8 as well.
Old 2018-12-26, 01:52   Link #12
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Chronologically, Ys 8 was set before 6 and 7 (Dogi mentions they had not made it to Altago yet, the setting for Seven).

Since currently 7 is currently the furthest down the timeline, that would place 9 after 8 as well.
They said "right after" 8, that shouldn't mean years later(Adol is 21 in 8 and is 23 in Seven, who knows how much later IX is).
Not that it matters, it just feels strange. Wondering if there was a miscommunication or falcom decided to change the setting a little.
Old 2018-12-26, 19:14   Link #13
Shadow5YA

Quote:
They said "right after" 8
Do you have a source on that?
Old 2018-12-27, 02:18   Link #14
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Do you have a source on that?
The source is from a short french interview, hence why I said it could be a miscommunication since I can't see the japanese quote to see what was really said..

English article. Original French source.
Old 2018-12-27, 05:13   Link #15
LROlsson

Some more info from dengeki interview have surfaced.

Adol is the protagonist.
There is a possibility of old characters to show up, but their screen time will be limited.
You can run on roofs.
There are certain floating actions that are close to flying in the air.
There aren't any magic items, instead it's focused on special powers.
Adventure gear are planned to be removed. There are too many different item categories so they are trying to streamline it more.
Wants to retain mapping. Wants to have fishing, but still unsure about that.

source
Old 2018-12-29, 01:35   Link #16
marvelB

So, now it takes place after 7, eh? Well, in that case I look forward to seeing Adol's new look! I just hope Falcom doesn't make him look too "edgy" for his latest adventure, heh.

Quote:
There is a possibility of old characters to show up, but their screen time will be limited.
Dammit, that most likely means no playable Dogi.... again. Oh, how I yearn for Falcom to give the wall-crusher his own spinoff game, especially if they're going to keep limiting his role in Adol's journeys...
Old 2018-12-29, 04:43   Link #17
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I hope this animation means the new trails games in two years will look amazing. This looks really nice. Maybe it's about time I got into Ys.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-25, 22:39   Link #18
marvelB

Some more info! Still no Adol reveal yet, but there's more teasers about him at least, as well as a little more info on the "Monstrum" characters. Personally, Adol aside, I'd still like to know whether or not Dogi will be in the game, playable or not....
Old 2019-03-28, 00:14   Link #19
LROlsson

The official website is no longer a teaser site.
Two characters have been introduced, White Cat and Hawk
Images
There are also two video clips of Heaven's Run and Hunter's Glide, but they are the exact same clips as those shown on Dengeki's stream.
YouTube
YouTube
Old 2019-03-28, 08:18   Link #20
marvelB

Wait, is that Adol in the forefront of that first pic? If so, it looks like his hair has gotten a bit longer... and darker. I suppose it is an appropriate look for our aging adventurous redhead. Still..... *obligatory Dogi rant*

Tags
action rpg