AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-12-03, 02:04   Link #6201
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Ah this is an interesting chapter. Very different from what we've seen lately. Keima dons an invisible detective cap and encounters a mystery about Majima High. He's lucky he knew Shiori or I doubt he would've been able to get this far so quickly.~

Interesting to learn that Majima was a girls-only school for over a century before it became co-ed, that and the school festival wasn't always a cultural festival but rather a ritual to honor the local deity. Dunno if that has any significance but ya never know.~

I find it kind of odd that Wakaki used Demeter, since that's the goddess of the harvest's Greek name and for every other goddess so far he's been using the Roman names. Ah well, doesn't matter too much. Also makes me wonder if "Ceres" might actually appear at some point...

Anyway, it's looking like the school theater may be a some kind of place where spirits gather or something? Perhaps it has an entrance to Hell? Very mysterious...

Oh and while it's hard to be 100% sure about it, it seems to me Ayumi may be more depressed than Chihiro is.
Old 2011-12-03, 02:17   Link #6202
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Spoiler for new chap:
Yeah, it's quite interesting. A good revelation and as expected, Wakaki's plans don't fail to impress. It's better that Ayumi and Chihiro get a short break, too. It's a good idea of Keima to consider stalling the events to let things cool down and come up with another plan.

Just when I thought the day couldn't get better... Elsie, I love you! And then we have the 2 intellectual ones work together, very nice.
Old 2011-12-03, 02:23   Link #6203
ChronoReverse

TWGOK never ceases to be interesting.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 02:35   Link #6204
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^QFT...@ New/Old, nice find! So now Keima has to deal with haunted grounds and the possibility of another goddess. The hexagonal Maijima emblem was quite interesting, this should be a fun break from all the capturing...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 03:37   Link #6205
WhiteWings

TWGOK is what I'd consider a good way to go about the concept of 'gotta catch em all!'.

I am sure many of you would disagree with me but so far I found the series overall is one of the most balanced and well rounded one for this genre. I mean even the sudden and recent and almost seemingly forced entry by Diana/Tenri was not too bad.

And is it my imagination or does Chihiro doesn't seem to as broken up and a wreck as she should be.

Almost as if she feels something is not right... Meh.... I'm probably overthinking things.
Old 2011-12-03, 04:03   Link #6206
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by New/Old View Post
Foreshadowing all the way from Chapter 3. Well done, Wakaki.

Spoiler:
Yep, and the symbol here is all the way from chapter 1. It's very likely that he's planned this all the way from the beginning

Spoiler for Look at the Uniform's symbol:

Really, just after the speculation over who has the Goddesses is over, Wakaki throw us another one...along with the history of the school, which will drive the speculation further. One of the more possible theory is that the school is made for the breeding ground of the Weiss, seeing its location and that it used to be Girl's only school for the longest time. More than that, we may need to wait for more clues. Another interesting thing, unlike the Jupiter Sisters who uses the Roman name, Demeter is a Greek name (if it's Roman version, it should be Ceres). Knowing Wakaki, this seem not to be an error, what could this really mean?
Old 2011-12-03, 04:13   Link #6207
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Knowing Wakaki, this seem not to be an error, what could this really mean?
One theory is that there's an upper level among the inhabitants of Heaven, with Greek named ones of a "Old" generation and the Roman named ones of a "New" generation. Something like Old/New Hell.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 04:44   Link #6208
New/Old
Old to the New

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Yep, and the symbol here is all the way from chapter 1. It's very likely that he's planned this all the way from the beginning

Spoiler for Look at the Uniform's symbol:
That early? Oh my, that is... that is quite impressive.
Old 2011-12-03, 04:48   Link #6209
mtarzaim

Miyako (the piano player in the band) is Demeter!
Her or Akari...

Or even more twisted: Keima's mother!

btw, did you notice the six virtues match somehow the six jupiter sisters?
Implying, if the six are reunited, then Demeter will appear...

Last edited by mtarzaim; 2011-12-03 at 04:54. Reason: ideas...
mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 06:55   Link #6210
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
Miyako (the piano player in the band) is Demeter!
Her or Akari...

Or even more twisted: Keima's mother!

btw, did you notice the six virtues match somehow the six jupiter sisters?
Implying, if the six are reunited, then Demeter will appear...
Purity=Minerva
Wisdom=Diana
Creativity=Apollo
Courage=Mars
Prudence=Vulcan
Cooperation=Mercury

Do I have it right?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 07:10   Link #6211
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Ma..Maybe Demeter is Chihiro! ;__;

Quote:
And is it my imagination or does Chihiro doesn't seem to as broken up and a wreck as she should be.

Almost as if she feels something is not right... Meh.... I'm probably overthinking things.
She's...as much as I hate to say this, used to heartbroken and that's why she probably feels fine right away. Well, not actually 'fine' but at least she didn't look depressed all day. And also it's probably because she haven't seen Keima ...which is quite strange because they're supposed to be in the same class..?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 08:36   Link #6212
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Spoiler for new chap:

Spoiler for spoiler:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 11:13   Link #6213
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Not needed. It's too late for her. She saw a guy making out with Keima. surrender.
Old 2011-12-03, 11:17   Link #6214
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Ma..Maybe Demeter is Chihiro! ;__;

She's...as much as I hate to say this, used to heartbroken and that's why she probably feels fine right away. Well, not actually 'fine' but at least she didn't look depressed all day. And also it's probably because she haven't seen Keima ...which is quite strange because they're supposed to be in the same class..?
Or some people just know how to separate their personal feelings from working in public. Her romance and the band performance are two different matters.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 11:25   Link #6215
kagato3

A bit of intrest is that Demeter presided over the sanctity of marriage and her daughter is the queen of the underworld she also had a son Ploutos, who in the theology of the Eleusinian Mysteries he was regarded as the Divine Child. His relation to the classical ruler of the underworld Plouton (Latin Pluto), with whom he is often conflated, is complex, as Pluto was also a god of riches. Ironicly this almost sounds like Keima's mother, Elsie, and Keima.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 13:26   Link #6216
Ryuutai

I don't think Chihiro is fine as it seems...probably she is just pretending. I wonder what she is really thinking...Ayumi was clearly depressed, instead.

Keima REALLY fears to meet Chihiro, lol. xDDD

About the plot developments related to the school, I'm very curious!!!
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 14:01   Link #6217
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well this is an interesting revelation. Can't wait to find out more about the mystery.

PS: Keima, reward Shiori with some Yaoi for a good job helping you.
Old 2011-12-03, 14:09   Link #6218
amasposu

As expected from Wakaki-sensei. He never disappoints.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 14:55   Link #6219
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
One theory is that there's an upper level among the inhabitants of Heaven, with Greek named ones of a "Old" generation and the Roman named ones of a "New" generation. Something like Old/New Hell.
I guess that's possible - I just hope Keima won't have to conquer an entirely new pantheons though. Btw, happy birthday to my most favorite, currently heartbroken TWGOK girl Chihiro Kosaka (December 3rd).
Old 2011-12-03, 15:27   Link #6220
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post

I was wondering about that too but... it probably is over thinking it, she could just be hiding it better then Ayumi.

I hope that the 'Lets go' means that Shiro will be coming along. Up until now Shiroi as been only interacting with Keima as a 'heroine' but now she should be moving into the 'buddy' role, at least temporarily.

This should be pretty interesting, especially since we don't have too many people in the 'buddy' role with Keima, just Elsie, Haqua and Ryou I think.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen