AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-09-27, 12:53   Link #57741
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Yeah the anime is about the manga, which is like Railgun to the Index novels.

5he fact that only Aria appears is good enough. For me, any reason to reactivate 7777 is good enough.
Old 2015-09-27, 23:39   Link #57742
SRW-Otaku
The Corniest Mecha Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
The prowler will easily qualify for gen 3. Normally gen 3 built-in weapons require so much concentration from the pilot that they have to cease movement when operating those weapons. Much like Blue Tears and its BT system. Cecilia is forced to stay in one spot as she tries to control the BT system.

Shield Fold system qualifies Prowler but unlike other systems, it's somewhat simplistic since concentrating the shield doesn't require much focus if you're only using it roughly. The pilot's skill with the system will affect how much focus they have to dedicate to create precisely placed shields folded as much as possible into as small an area as needed. But generally the fold can be done roughly and widely and inefficiently without debilitating lesser pilots.
Just for fun, which IS would came out on top if they fight? Your Prowler, or my Chromebein? Both will be used by mook pilots for easy comparison.
I just want to know the potential of our machines, nothing personal.

The thing that formed my childhood...
SRW-Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 01:20   Link #57743
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I can't answer your question without any form of bias leaking through my analysis. This will mostly depend heavily on pilot skill as that is something Prowler is designed around. Also additional modifications availed by the 4 extra bus slots will also factor in heavily to the overall outcome.

In terms of raw specs your unit will probably come out on top if only because it has more ranged weaponry. In low level combat, it is sure that both pilots will prefer a fighting style reminiscent of Zoning each other which is something the Prowler isn't made for. It was made to get in and knock the opponent off balance then proceed to crush them before they can recover.

Conversely if they were 2 high level combatants I would put my money on my prowler if only because the advantage of mobility is far too great. You have your gravity control system which may as well be quantified into similar performance benchmarks as the Passive Inertia Controls built into the IS. The Prowler has the extra IB optimized boosters which will give a significant edge in terms of mobility, especially maneuverability to a skilled enough pilot with its inter-spread over leg and shoulder unit pairs.
Old 2015-09-28, 06:27   Link #57744
S-34
Mechwarrior

I have one question for both of you... Do you build these with a set criteria? A limit perhaps? I just wanted to know as I myself have a couple ideas in mind. I'm just not sure how to go about it.
Eheheh...
S-34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 07:26   Link #57745
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Honestly, no. At least not on my end. I just thought the idea of the prowler was really cool. I do think about how it interacts with other units and the likelihood of such a thing being built within the era of technology within the setting though.
Old 2015-09-28, 08:19   Link #57746
SRW-Otaku

:D
Quote:
I can't answer your question without any form of bias leaking through my analysis. This will mostly depend heavily on pilot skill as that is something Prowler is designed around. Also additional modifications availed by the 4 extra bus slots will also factor in heavily to the overall outcome.

In terms of raw specs your unit will probably come out on top if only because it has more ranged weaponry. In low level combat, it is sure that both pilots will prefer a fighting style reminiscent of Zoning each other which is something the Prowler isn't made for. It was made to get in and knock the opponent off balance then proceed to crush them before they can recover.

Conversely if they were 2 high level combatants I would put my money on my prowler if only because the advantage of mobility is far too great. You have your gravity control system which may as well be quantified into similar performance benchmarks as the Passive Inertia Controls built into the IS. The Prowler has the extra IB optimized boosters which will give a significant edge in terms of mobility, especially maneuverability to a skilled enough pilot with its inter-spread over leg and shoulder unit pairs.
Fair enought. My Chromebein is suppose to be a human-sized PT, so even as a high-end unit, it still can't match the ISes. The pilots of PT units are usually expected to be well-rounded, but usually must stick to long range combat to avoid getting hit by the ISes weapon while also utilizing the PTs more advanced long range aiming computer, and the Chromebein pilot is no exception. Most PT lacks a shielding system, and the Gravicon system basically functions as a foward-only shield that is a bit weaker than the average IS's shield and share the same energy pool as the weapon and propulsion system, so it is nowhere near as powerful as an AIC. And since your unit utilize melee combat, the G-Wall can be exploited by a strike to the back. The long range weapons are dependant on limited ammunition (or rely on the unit's limited energy pool), so maybe the Prowler can tire it out?
With that said, the Chromebein isn't meant for excellent aerial combat, but was intended to fight perfectly on ground and in space, so the Prowler can definately beat it in the air, but will probably face problem when fighting on the ground. As long as it can dodge a shot from the G-Breaker Cannon, the Prowler should be safe.
Butttt...the Chromebein is partially named after a B-Daman, so the lameness factor will probably affect it.

Old 2015-09-28, 08:24   Link #57747
SRW-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-34 View Post
I have one question for both of you... Do you build these with a set criteria? A limit perhaps? I just wanted to know as I myself have a couple ideas in mind. I'm just not sure how to go about it.
Me neither. I was just thinking:
Chrome Raven the B-daman- Huckebein is names after a raven- Personal Trooper named Chromebein- sketched a picture of it-???- IS named Chromebein!!!!
If you have ideas, go for it. If it's a Super Robot thencanIborrowitpleasepleaseplease?!?!

Old 2015-09-28, 08:26   Link #57748
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The Prowler actually excels in ground combat and combat in enclosed spaces such as urban settings or within a base. Even without the extra IB thrusters, the Prowler still has the repulsors which can be adjusted to propel the IS itself with its hands and feet. The unit itself has no limits on agility but the pilot themself because of its highly minimalist frame. Ofcourse that's after it ditches the IB thrusters. But even with the IB thruster it is only relatively less agile in an open area.

Imagine a ninja strapped with the thrusters of a NEXT from Armored Core 4 Answer

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2015-09-28 at 08:38.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 12:13   Link #57749
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Like I said before, Ichika and his IS harem can learn a lot about love from an even greater harem anime/manga. There's a very good chance that he and his girls will be inspired by a greater harem anime/manga series. Once they do, not only will Ichika figures it out their feelings for him, but the girls will be able to be honest with themselves and to become bolder. Before you know it, Ichika will be open to the romantic relationship.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 13:20   Link #57750
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
Like I said before, Ichika and his IS harem can learn a lot about love from an even greater harem anime/manga. There's a very good chance that he and his girls will be inspired by a greater harem anime/manga series. Once they do, not only will Ichika figures it out their feelings for him, but the girls will be able to be honest with themselves and to become bolder. Before you know it, Ichika will be open to the romantic relationship.
Why can't we rather have the harem kill each other off? At least it would make for better plot twists, and at least head the series into a better direction.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 14:48   Link #57751
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Why can't we rather have the harem kill each other off? At least it would make for better plot twists, and at least head the series into a better direction.
Hmm... well. I just spoken that out of inspiration. Anyway, if that's how you really feel, then go for it as they got to settle their love battle once and for all. We all got tired of waiting. Houki and the other IS girls better get their lazy butts in gear if they want to have Ichika. I know for a fact that the girls from DxD,and Sekirei didn't waste any time.

Last edited by Chaos-Zero; 2015-09-28 at 15:00.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 15:08   Link #57752
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Hmm... well. I just spoken that out of inspiration. Anyway, if that's how you really feel, then go for it as they got to settle their love battle once and for all. We all got tired of waiting. Houki and the other IS girls better get their lazy butts in gear if they want to have Ichika. I know for a fact that the girls from DxD,and Sekirei didn't waste any time.
They're too busy dealing with p.t & the fact chifuyu is in their way
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 22:36   Link #57753
SRW-Otaku

Quote:
The Prowler actually excels in ground combat and combat in enclosed spaces such as urban settings or within a base. Even without the extra IB thrusters, the Prowler still has the repulsors which can be adjusted to propel the IS itself with its hands and feet. The unit itself has no limits on agility but the pilot themself because of its highly minimalist frame. Ofcourse that's after it ditches the IB thrusters. But even with the IB thruster it is only relatively less agile in an open area.

Imagine a ninja strapped with the thrusters of a NEXT from Armored Core 4 Answer
Well then, my Chrombein is as good as dead. It suppose to be a Huckebein, but the Prowler is basically the Raioh in comparision. My Real Robot bow down to your Super Robot in respect, good friend.

Old 2015-09-28, 22:49   Link #57754
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well I did say I would be biased towards my own unit in my analysis. But your unit has greater ranged capability and a weapon for area bombardment as far as I can tell. If that pilot can keep at range from the Prowler then it can win.

My analysis was pretty much

Prowler(mook) vs Chromebein(mook) = winner Chromebein

Prowler(Pro) vs Chromebein(pro) = Prowler wins

By wins though ofcourse that only means advantage.
Old 2015-09-29, 05:41   Link #57755
S-34
Mechwarrior

So... Sorry about not getting to you guys yesterday, and it's just gonna be a very little amount of description until I get on a PC. (on my phone right now.) Okay, so before I post something that makes me look like a complete idiot... The rule of IS was no electric shock weapons right? There's no other thing you can't use?
Eheheh...
Old 2015-09-29, 11:28   Link #57756
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
I might risk infraction this but

FUCK OFF

What they did is not to learn things from actual fiction, they all need help, straight communication, and therapist.

If just looking at anime will work, Kanzashi will not become a spineless moeblob, because she read a fucking shounen manga.

Fiction can be inspiration, but if they don't have any drive to change, they won't change. The context of situation and their willingness is a lot more important of their source of enlightement. It could be hentai anime and if presented properly, it would work the same.

I have enough with your Sekirei wank.
Old 2015-09-29, 16:06   Link #57757
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

FUCK OFF

What they did is not to learn things from actual fiction, they all need help, straight communication, and therapist.

If just looking at anime will work, Kanzashi will not become a spineless moeblob, because she read a fucking shounen manga.

Fiction can be inspiration, but if they don't have any drive to change, they won't change. The context of situation and their willingness is a lot more important of their source of enlightement. It could be hentai anime and if presented properly, it would work the same.

I agree, the ONLY WAY that the girls at the academy & the members of ichika's fan club will stop treating him like the last cookie on the plate is if he go rogue, because the best way to learn a lesson is throgh the HARD WAY
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 17:12   Link #57758
S-34
Mechwarrior

So... I just wanted to know... flashbangs? Are vision impeding weapons/tactical equipment allowed? They say nothing unethical, and flashbangs don't sound like flames melting flesh...
Eheheh...
Old 2015-09-29, 19:41   Link #57759
SRW-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

FUCK OFF

Kinda have to agree with Zero on this one. *pushes the "Kanzashi piloting Compatible Kaiser IS" off a cliff.* Merely reading/watching fiction alone isn't going to change anything. If it does, I would have been the manliess man ever since I watch Gurrren Lagann, the hardest working person ever (hahahahaha) since I watch Gunbuster or even the most badass motherfucker alive since I watch Part 3 of JoJo. The thing with fiction is: it's merely inspiration.

Real life is not a version of Sir Donkihote's "I treat windmills like monsters" story. The drive and will, along with the context of the situation is what determines the change. Ryusei works as a mecha otaku because the robots that he worship is REAL in his universe, and he's already a gaming ace and mecha pilot extaodinare, yet still requires training, showing his drive and context: he WANTS to fight along sides the likes of Kabuto Koji, Ryouma Nagare or even Noriko and her Gunbuster, who is ANOTHER mecha Otaku, because they inspired him to fight for what you believe is right and never give up.

That's why Otaku characters are hard to build: most of them was made with the "monkey see monkey do" frame of mind, making them less interesting. Ryusei's character development shows how he turns from a slightly above average mech pilot into what he desires the most: an actual Super Robot pilot. It's the hard work and struggle that he went through that makes it somewhat believable. There's a struggle in order to achieve anyhing worthwhile in life.
Also, if Ichika goes rouge, I'll Final Beam the Spoony to dead and smack Ichika back to sense with a Boost Knuckle.

Old 2015-09-29, 19:43   Link #57760
SRW-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-34 View Post
So... I just wanted to know... flashbangs? Are vision impeding weapons/tactical equipment allowed? They say nothing unethical, and flashbangs don't sound like flames melting flesh...
As far as I know, they aren't limited or banned. But Justin Beiber's CD was banned to prevent eardrum-busting kills.
*badum-tish*

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest