AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 49 28.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 26.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 12.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.59%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-02, 10:37   Link #101
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Nah; people have rights to what they like and hate, tho it'll be good if said person can come out and explain his giving the low rating. Or why he bothers.
Oh they do explain, whether a not it's logical is a completely different matter...

Nonetheless, I do understand that they're free to express their opinion (no matter how much I hate it), but likewise I'm free to defend my views...
Old 2007-04-02, 10:37   Link #102
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Has this series been subbed? http://zip.4chan.org/a/src/1175525175460.jpg
Old 2007-04-02, 10:39   Link #103
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
To be honest, I wasn't. There's bound to be some sub-species of trolls going about an unholy crusade against popular series ... Only to get pwn by the fans everytime.
Frankly, I wouldn't go so far to about the negatives against popular series. This world would be immensely boring if everyone shares the same perspective about things anyway.

I know tons of people who dislike mecha shows for various reasons, some ridiculous due to perceptions of limited shows when there's like 3566765 different variations of mecha shows out there, some justified for other reasons. Likewise, I knew a damn lot of people who thinks stuff like Naruto, Bleach are wayyyy better than any stuff labelled Magical Girls on it. And no, they never bothered to watch beyond the OP, much less get to know a different side to stereotyping. And also, there are people who just don't watch these kind of shows. Especially those that want to be wowed, PlanetES, Twelve Kingdoms, etc style. Shows that scream epic in a million degrees.

Put 1+1+1, and there's bound to be a huge number of them. And in that huge number, just like the GSD fiasco where everyone claimed they stopped watching after episode 30 due to vomit-inducing-nausea, when they are actually still watching it, there'll be people on the other side of the wall who won't like it. In fact, it's even understandable if people within the walls don't exactly like episode 1. Just that I don't really see how it deserves a 1. Maybe a 3 at worst, even if judged solely by seiyuu performance and the technical aspects of the show.

Yeah, useless ramble.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-02, 10:48   Link #104
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Yeah, useless ramble
Yet you never fail to amaze me with them.

Don't worry, if they're not trolls, they won't feel offended...
Old 2007-04-02, 10:51   Link #105
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Just finished watching eppy 1 and I totally enjoyed it though the only downer was that. The video was to bright and what not.
Old 2007-04-02, 10:53   Link #106
Lost

Heh, we have a sub

Yes, a SUBTITLED version. My heart goes to the good people at yesy. Assuming this isn't a hoax. Which it shouldn't be; considering they are a respectable group.
Old 2007-04-02, 10:59   Link #107
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Yesy is alive? It's good to see them up and running again. And they sure picked a nice project to go with.
Old 2007-04-02, 11:00   Link #108
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Heh, we have a sub

Yes, a SUBTITLED version. My heart goes to the good people at yesy. Assuming this isn't a hoax. Which it shouldn't be; considering they are a respectable group.
Now that was fast, but I see it is a LQ version, so I think I will wait for high quality version.
Kudos to yesy staff.
Old 2007-04-02, 11:00   Link #109
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesy-Fansubs
This version of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS is low quality due to the broadcast type and area of the last airing. As soon as a higher quality raw is avaliable, we will release another LQ release, as well as a HQ version.
At least, we have subs

To Celebrate, have a Broken Magnum... erh, Revolver Shoot:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-02, 11:59   Link #110
Skane
Anime Snark

[yesy] is doing MSLN StrikerS? This is happy news to me. I love their translations, especially after Utawarerumono.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-02, 12:05   Link #111
Lost

Indeed. Watching it now. And wow. I don't believe I'm actually watching it. Somebody pinch me, please. Wow. Comments up later.
Old 2007-04-02, 12:34   Link #112
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

So we've evolved to having fansubs released only 24 hours after an episode first airs? Now I REALLY feel the "old" in "old school". What's next? Will I eventually find myself in a conversation like:

"Hey, there's a subtitled version of the 4th season opener!"

"But... they've only made THREE seasons of that show! That opener doesn't EXIST yet!!"

"Well, you know how good the fansubbers are these days..."
Old 2007-04-02, 12:38   Link #113
KBTKaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
... Yup, I'm too young.
Well, other than Combattler V, the rest are under 10 years old. >>;
Old 2007-04-02, 12:47   Link #114
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

http://www.nanoha.com/onair/onair1.html

According to the airing schedule, Wakayama city has a 24-72 hour head start than the rest of Japan in airing Nanoha StrikerS episodes. (On Sundays while bigger cities like Kyoto/Osaka and Tokyo/Chiba have to wait till Tuesdays. ) Considering that Wakayama isn't exactly a big city (pop. ~380,000), raw capturing technology probably isn't as adequate as in the big towns. Hopefully we'll see some higher res raws by Tuesday.
Old 2007-04-02, 13:25   Link #115
Lost

^ That's nice to hear. It would be nice to rewatch the OP over and over again in HD this time. Okay, about ep 1.

Spoiler for the OP:

Spoiler for The episode:

Last edited by Lost; 2007-04-02 at 13:55.
Old 2007-04-02, 13:30   Link #116
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Took better looking screens from the reair here they are

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m...a%20StrikersS/
Old 2007-04-02, 14:15   Link #117
Skybit
Anime Siao

Well...I have not watch it yet lo but i hope it is even better then the last nanoha...

Cannot wait to see how nanoha is realli like in adult form ^_^
Old 2007-04-02, 14:31   Link #118
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Wait, what the hell? Hayate still has the Book! The brown one, not the blue thing Rein Zwei carries!

So confused. I thought all she still had was the Schwertkreuz...

Err, anyway, I liked the episode plenty. The visuals in the opening seemed quite sharp even with the low video quality. The combat animation for Subaru and Teana's trial seemed well above the par set by A's, and Subaru's moves are very flashy, but I still feel like the shots are just too static a lot of the rest of the time. I agree with... I think it was Lowegear, it's nice to have a character outside the presumably permanently-departed Aria with good illusion skills.

Last edited by Kikaifan; 2007-04-02 at 14:44.
Old 2007-04-02, 14:48   Link #119
Key Board
Carbon

from the official site:

she has several devices

she has a staff which is an armed device
a book which is a storage device
and reinforce zwei which is a unison device

when all three work in conjunction she can bring out her true power. (eyes become blue, hair becomes white)

I guess they wanted to design a character that is different from your usual cartridge fed mages. Instead of using more and more cartridges to power up, she combines super robot style. XD
Old 2007-04-02, 14:54   Link #120
Serenity85
Horo-ism

lol, hayate is the ulitmate weap^^ 3 in one fun, now I wanna see this in action^^ *pictures gundam seed destiny's impulse style combination for hayate^^*
Closed Thread