AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-05, 00:57   Link #9821
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Ah, that's good too.
Just in case you didn't know, there is the latest info on the GuP game:
http://gematsu.com/2017/08/girls-und...sh-winter-2017
Old 2017-09-05, 07:35   Link #9822
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Hopefully, it's not just a PS4 exclusive. I'd love to give this a spin on PC.
Old 2017-09-05, 16:21   Link #9823
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Sign me up! The older Vita game was pretty fun actually
Old 2017-09-05, 22:44   Link #9824
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I also hope it's accessible / simplified. I mean, I love World of Tanks in concept, but frankly, I don't have the best internet connection, so it tends to run pretty slowly and/or is choppy for me plus I'm not very good with all the many, many intricacies it has, lol. I've never been very good and/or patient at games that have countless details you can mess around with.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-19, 08:50   Link #9825
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Send a message via ICQ to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via AIM to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via MSN to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobu_Maehara
Girls und Panzer. Yes, very yes.
Shinobu_Maehara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-23, 15:14   Link #9826
Dextro
He Without a Title

Here's some gameplay from the new game:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Starts at 26:20 or so. The destruction doesn't look as satisfying as the old Vita game
Old 2018-01-04, 11:18   Link #9827
Wertix555

Is the forum dead?
Wertix555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-04, 21:07   Link #9828
Gravitas Free Zone

The finale movie thread is here:

https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=144813

Which contains what news discussion there is. Unfortunately we don't have many spies in Japan.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-14, 14:48   Link #9829
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

What are the chances of Dream Tank Match getting a PC release?
Old 2019-12-15, 11:45   Link #9830
Jamibu
Ninja Space Pirate

Since Netflix USA recently added Girls und Panzer(though the first aired Der Film before this), I checked it out and they have an interesting version of the "Katyusha scene". They retained the Katyusha song that was originally in episode 8 Japanese TV broadcast but the video they played is from the Sentai Filmworks version where Katyusha and Nonna are not singing the song with the their mouths shut through the whole scene.

Episode 9 still had no Polyushko-polye and Katyusha intrumental versions in it.
Jamibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-15, 12:43   Link #9831
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

While I am sure that is still a tentative copyright issue over that song (it shouldn't be now since the song is over 75 years old...it wasn't then), it is a shame. That seemed to be the final pivotal moment of this series gaining its fandom. The last straw that broke the community into backing this weird anime about high school girls driving tanks. Sure there had been growing support since episode four, but this scene: Japanese school girls singing a Russian song (correctly) while driving 15 Soviet tanks (correctly modeled), including a KV-2 and IS-2, in the snow, with the correct paint jobs.....that broke the last wall of resistance.

It went from "That sounds like a stupid concept" or, "Is this a fanservice show like Pantsu Witches?" to "No dude, you need to see this." "Yes it has fanservice...that its the tanks, not the girls."
Old 2019-12-15, 14:36   Link #9832
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
While I am sure that is still a tentative copyright issue over that song (it shouldn't be now since the song is over 75 years old...it wasn't then), it is a shame. That seemed to be the final pivotal moment of this series gaining its fandom. The last straw that broke the community into backing this weird anime about high school girls driving tanks. Sure there had been growing support since episode four, but this scene: Japanese school girls singing a Russian song (correctly) while driving 15 Soviet tanks (correctly modeled), including a KV-2 and IS-2, in the snow, with the correct paint jobs.....that broke the last wall of resistance.

It went from "That sounds like a stupid concept" or, "Is this a fanservice show like Pantsu Witches?" to "No dude, you need to see this." "Yes it has fanservice...that its the tanks, not the girls."
I still remember the creators jokingly stating that all anime is now canceled because of the popularity of the scene, lol.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-22, 02:57   Link #9833
Jamibu
Ninja Space Pirate

After the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra, it's the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra's turn to give their rendition of the GuP soundtrack in the upcoming CD called Das Girls und Panzer Symphonie which is on sale March 11, 2020.

Here's the sample:
YouTube

Source: Crunchyroll article
Jamibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-08, 14:10   Link #9834
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamibu View Post
After the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra, it's the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra's turn to give their rendition of the GuP soundtrack in the upcoming CD called Das Girls und Panzer Symphonie which is on sale March 11, 2020.

Here's the sample:
YouTube

Source: Crunchyroll article
Thanks for the share, will have to listen to the whole album when the chance arises.

Last edited by Infinite Zenith; 2023-03-26 at 16:34.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-21, 12:23   Link #9835
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

After ten years since Girls und Panzer's initial airing, I've finally had the chance to play Dream Tank Match. Although not a Battlefield game in terms of depth and immersion, Dream Tank Match is leaps and bounds ahead of World of Tanks in terms of enjoyment factor.
Old 2023-03-21, 22:58   Link #9836
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
After ten years since Girls und Panzer's initial airing, I've finally had the chance to play Dream Tank Match. Although not a Battlefield game in terms of depth and immersion, Dream Tank Match is leaps and bounds ahead of World of Tanks in terms of enjoyment factor.
I wish this game is available on PC..........
Old 2023-03-25, 17:26   Link #9837
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Today marks the ten year anniversary to Girls und Panzer's finale. I think I speak for the whole community when I say that the build-up leading into the last episode was memorable, and as I remember, discussions continued for weeks after the dust settled on Miho's victory. With this being said, some of the discussions here were not always factual or conducted in good faith, and as a result, some misconceptions have lingered. Over the past decade, I've rewatched Girls und Panzer numerous times, and I've had a chance to review some of the things that some have felt to be inadequate or unsatisfactory about Girls und Panzer; over time, because I hadn't been present to speak up and explore why some of the complaints and gripes were actually non-issues, these problems would come to dominate all discussions surrounding the series. As such, I will be sharing counterarguments and an in-depth analysis of all of the issues that were expressed in this forum, exploring why when one examines things closely, there is actually no problem at all.

Misconception: The student council's behaviours were unjustified.
Reality: The student council had been backed into a corner and were desperate to revive Panzerfahren. When the chips are down, they took the 38(t), which was the weakest tank in Ooarai's inventory as a show of their faith in Miho's abilities

Misconception: St. Glorianna is an "unresolved" problem for Miho and the story
Reality: It's not important for Miho to beat St. Glorianna in a match because St. Glorianna is not involved with Miho's growth as a person. Further to this, St. Glorianna is meant to show there is a foil to Miho's unpredictable style: patience.

Misconception: Maho and Erika are unsportsmanlike
Reality: Limited information provided to viewers give this impression. In reality, Girls und Panzer foreshadows that every team, even Black Forest, demonstrates good sportsmanship.

Misconception: Miho should not have saved her teammate
Reality: Miho's actions were correct, and the interpretation of the Nishizumi Style here was completely incorrect. I address the notions of what the true essence of martial arts is and explain why if Miho hadn't acted, there might have been actual casualties that match

Misconception: Ooarai did not deserve to win
Reality: If Ooarai had lost, Girls und Panzer would undermine the themes it sought to create. Friendship, creativity and trust are more sure indicators of success than brute force and rigid order.

Misconception: The Nishizumi Style is ruthless and clashes with Girls und Panzer's themes
Reality: Some members of this forum, both in favour and against the Nishizumi Style, did not understand what it entailed. When broken down, the Nishizumi Style doesn't conflict with Girls und Panzer and is merely another way of practising Panzerfahren

I am fully aware that many of the individuals in this thread are no longer active, and the aim of this post isn't to persuade them that they were wrong. Rather, I am sharing my thoughts to ensure that future readers of this thread have a fair and comprehensive view of the series: many of the people here who held those misconceptions were also very vocal, and their presence in the thread may give the (untrue) impression that their arguments had some merit, whereas in reality, these individuals were merely louder than others. In this way, my posts become recommended readings for all fans of the series. Of course, if my thoughts are somehow NOT more meritorious of consideration over those of this thread's more vocal members, I'd be welcome to hearing an explanation for that, too.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks