AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-14, 21:02   Link #1
Dwalin

Kaze no Naka no Shoujo: Kinpatsu no Jeanie (SPOILERS)

I just would like to discuss this old anime series and there is no thread about it in the older series section, but it's written in the rules in such cases I can create a thread in the upcoming section and then report the post so it's moved elsewhere. I apologize if I got somethig wrong.

So I have just watched this old anime series and there is a question I was asking myself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanie_...wn_Hair_(anime)

Since this was based on real-life characters, what do you think is supposed to have happened after the ending of the anime? I mean, in real life it ended quite badly, with Steven and Jeanie separating. So the question is: how much is this anime actually based on real life events, meaning is it only loosely based on real life, so it's like an alternative reality which could end happily in the anime story, or is it supposed to have ended like in real life in a sad way? What do you think?
Dwalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 19:06   Link #2
FireChick

I'd honestly love to see this, and I'd be happy if some fansub group subbed it (coughcoughLiccaFansubscoughcough).
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 07:23   Link #3
sayami

I suppose they lived happily ever after, like in fairy tales. I think they only wanted to capture the bond between Stephen and Jeanie and they did it pretty well. And it remained true to the other works of Nippon Animation.
I don't think we have to read anything more into this interpretation of their friendship and love.

Personally I loved the series greatly, it was addicting and Jeanie is a lovely girl. Horie Mitsuko did a wonderful job voicing her, I adored the opening and ending songs as well.
This series needs more attention and fansub as well.
sayami is offline   Reply With Quote