AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-12-13, 17:40   Link #1781
Birdway
Banned

20,000 sisters = 127 Mikoto

How the hell does 1 Mikoto > 10,000 sisters?
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 02:50   Link #1782
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Yeah, I've checked the information about all that and remembered that 10.000 Sisters can'be even 2 Mikoto. Sometimes Mikoto faggots really make me doubt and recheck the info.
But what about teleport? It was stated that this ability needs more concentration than any other ability in AC. It was never stated that it needs proceeding the most difficult calculations, right? I have a feeling I've also meet Kuroko faggots that day.
Old 2013-12-14, 05:59   Link #1783
Draco Spirit

TBH

I think the reason Mikoto a better Esper than the Sisters, despite them being genetically identical, is because she has stronger emotions and more experience (They are somewhat robotic and naive...) A theory that supported by the fact that Mikoto increased her level in a lineal manor (1,2,3,4,5) that doesn't seem to be true of all Espers (Accelerator especially), as she grew up.

Now we know Accelerator depends on the sister to his calculations, and even with all of them working together, he's only half as good as he use to be. The question is this based off their raw intellect (which should be based of and fairly close to Mikoto) or is it more closely linked to their power level? Which could become higher as the mature, as in line with the originals growth pattern.

It's open as a plot device to give Accelerator a power boast at some point anyway!
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 07:07   Link #1784
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
TBH

I think the reason Mikoto a better Esper than the Sisters, despite them being genetically identical, is because she has stronger emotions and more experience (They are somewhat robotic and naive...) A theory that supported by the fact that Mikoto increased her level in a lineal manor (1,2,3,4,5) that doesn't seem to be true of all Espers (Accelerator especially), as she grew up.

Now we know Accelerator depends on the sister to his calculations, and even with all of them working together, he's only half as good as he use to be. The question is this based off their raw intellect (which should be based of and fairly close to Mikoto) or is it more closely linked to their power level? Which could become higher as the mature, as in line with the originals growth pattern.

It's open as a plot device to give Accelerator a power boast at some point anyway!
Everyone started at zero you know. Unless your a gemstone then your starting point isn't zero.

Remember they are artificially created espers and not natural born espers. which mean they started all at zero.

accelerator starting at higher level? nope, he probably starts at nothing but he has higher specs than the others so he climb level faster plus just like what you said. strong emotion and experience. Accelerator started with hurting a playmate at school that wanted to play with him. it ACCELERATED to tanks lining up in front of him trying to subdue him. Even though his just a child -_- which sometimes I ask if they even had brains. they could talk it out but they escalate things. But then again. Amata is the one who develop and work on Accelerator. so no surprise.

Being a kid that was being shunned and being hurt. Accelerator can only grew stronger so no one will hurt him anymore.

ISN'T THAT HIS REASON FOR TRYING TO AIM FOR LEVEL 6?

If you compare that to Mikoto's experience.

having a normal childhood.

had parents

had friends

normal enviroment

vs Accelerator's experience

his playmate is a tank, some jet fighter and armed infantry unit

his parents abandon him and the scientist took care of him a guinea pig.

his friends with kihara(being sarcastic here)

abnormal and dark environment.

And you question on how Accelerator climb the level of esper program that fast.

-----------------------------------------

Raw intellect probably helps or talent. this is the reason why there is parameters list. Not all kids have the same specs or talents. Someone will definitely excel against others.

power level? do you mean that their computing ability increase as they grew in level?

probably.

remember kuroko's test? test of accuracy, weight and distance for teleprotation. its been done periodically to test the limits.

one can probably practice and learn. train yourself to think faster and compute in insane speed.

esper brains are super computer to begin with, with their insane computing abilities.
Old 2013-12-14, 07:23   Link #1785
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Being a kid that was being shunned and being hurt. Accelerator can only grew stronger so no one will hurt him anymore.

ISN'T THAT HIS REASON FOR TRYING TO AIM FOR LEVEL 6?
Hm, not only that. One more important reason. His want was aimed at other people's wellbeing as well as at his own wellbeing. Not to hurt others anymore; also, be recognized someday. But it changes nothing in your logic. That's right, it could be said that he was forced to become stronger. Though his ability was already strong by itself. I think he's gained his ability to reflect things since he took participation in AC's curriculum program for young kids. It's possible no one wanted to play with him and hang out with him because they knew he would hurt them unwittingly. Also, he was sent to a special class since the very beginning due to his rare and potential ability.
Old 2013-12-14, 07:39   Link #1786
desrtsku
Nympholept

Allow me to interject for a moment.

20000 sister = 127 Mikoto in term of computing power is a fallacy. That fact is not something based on calculation but on the sheer amount of experience Accelerator should acquire from live battles.
In fact there is no evidence anywhere that states with accurate numbers how powerful Mikoto is compared to the sisters in term of pure computing power. The only numbers of that sort we have is that 50% Accel>=10,000 sister's spare rooms.

That said, the situation is different if we're talking about their raw destructive power. I know where those guys are coming from, Touma himself said something like that in the novels (Vol 12 - chap 3 - part 4).

Spoiler for spoilerish informations:

As for the teleporters, there's nothing to discuss : it's canon that Accel is AC's No.1 brain.
Old 2013-12-14, 08:05   Link #1787
Draco Spirit

The curious question is will the Sisters ability to handle Accelerator calculations going to improve as they mature... and could Mikoto handle Accelerators calcifications at a similar level to a sister.. or way better.
Old 2013-12-14, 08:21   Link #1788
tsunade666

Mikoto is just one person. She is not equal to 20 000 brains working together, sharing their processing ability. She can't handle the same calculating ability of 20000 brains or 10000 brains.

desrtsku already said. Accelerator is number 1 brain in academy city.

the sisters are originally level 2 to begin with. they just become level 3 thanks to the network. The sisters are just poor imitation of the original.

and remember the important part for the sisters is the ability to spread the AIM field through out the world. that is their main reason of living. So having low calculating ability isn't really a problem for them. As a matter of fact. Making them stronger will probably lead to further problem.

Look at Dark Kakine who achieve infinity.

Can we stop debating on the calculating powers of the sisters? because that is not their original purpose.

If the dark side really want an army of level 5. Look at five over or rensa.

those crazy scientist can even replicate dark wings and white wings of accel. So there is really no one stopping them from creating an army of level 5. Aside from budget or resources problem. You will be needing a humongous amount of money and resources to fund such project.
Old 2013-12-14, 17:39   Link #1789
Inept Forum User

Just wondering about something while thinking about various, likely unlikely, possibilities.

Suppose a person, for whatever reason, was forced to move into someone else and use them as a vessel, not killing the vessel's original occupant or booting them out. Suppose then that while using that vessel they grew into a perfect Majin, and at some point after reaching that level, left their vessel for a new one (perhaps of their own making), not doing anything else to change it on their way out, would there be any after-effects left on the vessel and to what extent?
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 20:46   Link #1790
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
Though his ability was already strong by itself.
Really? have you heard Uiharu's ability? I think that is more broken than Accelerator's ability to control vector.

though the ability isn't highlighted much because she's part of railgun crew but a level 1 that can control the temperature of object?

theoretically. what is doing is controlling the movement of molecules. making their movement stable or controlled. so she can control the temperature. making the objects temperature the same.

theoretically a level 5 of it is probably the ability to control molecules.

theoretically she can stop anyone from moving = 0 degrees. the world where time stops

theoretically she can burn the world to ashes = infinity degrees. the world where not even ashes remains

If there would be an ability which I like. I preferred her ability.

its like saying to accelerator.

bitch please.

i stop the movement of the molecules. no movement. no vector. 0 kelvin. absolute zero

accelerator awakens with unknown vector

Uiharu's La La La La La

Uiharu's rises the movement of molecules to the infinity. elementary particles even cause friction on each other. burning everything. turning everything to cinders. no. even cinders burn

Uiharu's La La La La La

Uiharu's La La La La La

Uiharu look at someone

did something happen?

Uiharu's La La La La La

Uiharu's La La La La La

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Just wondering about something while thinking about various, likely unlikely, possibilities.

Suppose a person, for whatever reason, was forced to move into someone else and use them as a vessel, not killing the vessel's original occupant or booting them out. Suppose then that while using that vessel they grew into a perfect Majin, and at some point after reaching that level, left their vessel for a new one (perhaps of their own making), not doing anything else to change it on their way out, would there be any after-effects left on the vessel and to what extent?
Sorry I don't understand what you mean.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2013-12-14 at 20:57.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 05:52   Link #1791
Draco Spirit

Never really thought about Uiharu power in term of molecular movement control, but your right that what she is doing.

Course all she can do at the moment is keep the level of movement stable within a limited range as long as she can touch the object... but hey thats level 1 for you!
Old 2013-12-15, 08:27   Link #1792
Inept Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Sorry I don't understand what you mean.
Sorry about that, I messed up a bit with the question. I'll try again.
  • For some reason, Person A loses their body and is forced to possess Person B through certain means, using their body as a vessel.
  • Person B's mind isn't destroyed or forcibly evicted but remains, though their body is no longer their own.
  • Using Person B's body as their own, Person A grows in strength.
  • Person A eventually becomes a perfect Majin, with all the changes that brings about.
  • Sometime afterwards, Person A abandons Person B's body, going into a new vessel (perhaps one they created). Person B gets their body back.
  • Person A didn't deliberately make any intentional changes to Person B's body on their way out or immediately afterwards.
  • Would there be any after-effects on Person B's body? If so, to what extent?
(Though these events would be extremely unlikely)

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2013-12-15 at 10:43.
Old 2013-12-15, 10:38   Link #1793
Ilidsor
Angelerator

The closest thing we have to that is when Sasha was possessed by an angel, which made her unable to give birth iirc.
Old 2013-12-15, 18:40   Link #1794
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
The closest thing we have to that is when Sasha was possessed by an angel, which made her unable to give birth iirc.
isn't it because her womb is full of telesma? making her like pregnant of something but is it irreparable? what about now that the telesma is already out of her?

there are chances for her but we don't have any news which is sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Sorry about that, I messed up a bit with the question. I'll try again.
  • For some reason, Person A loses their body and is forced to possess Person B through certain means, using their body as a vessel.
  • Person B's mind isn't destroyed or forcibly evicted but remains, though their body is no longer their own.
  • Using Person B's body as their own, Person A grows in strength.
  • Person A eventually becomes a perfect Majin, with all the changes that brings about.
  • Sometime afterwards, Person A abandons Person B's body, going into a new vessel (perhaps one they created). Person B gets their body back.
  • Person A didn't deliberately make any intentional changes to Person B's body on their way out or immediately afterwards.
  • Would there be any after-effects on Person B's body? If so, to what extent?
(Though these events would be extremely unlikely)
This is kinda hard to answer because there hasn't been such event in the novel/anime that strongly depicts this. Even with the event with Sasha. It only shows little information to make a concrete conclusion but if I may speculate.

This event is more akin to fantasy setting that you can probably invent into your own machination on what happen. Because such possibility is possible unless its been reject by the canon but canon wise. it doesn't give much information.

you can probably do what you want and follow your imagination on what will happen. this event doesn't follow the law of science so it can't be explained that way but laws of magic or supernatural which is pretty vague to be a set into stones.
Old 2013-12-24, 00:01   Link #1795
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

would it be great that the 6th level 5 esper was like uiharu at 5. i noted that the concept of instant healing or regeneration in science has not been applied. no level of 5 esper has manifested that abiity, well exept kakine.. or maye AC could develop chemicals for instahealing

as for the post above the only thing i could think of is from the series K
Old 2013-12-24, 00:13   Link #1796
tsunade666

Its possible to invent a drug that increase cell regeneration for rapid healing. though the side effect will affect the life span of cells which make one's life span shorter. sci-fi elements that can be done.
Old 2013-12-24, 15:16   Link #1797
Inept Forum User

Quote:
This is kinda hard to answer because there hasn't been such event in the novel/anime that strongly depicts this. Even with the event with Sasha. It only shows little information to make a concrete conclusion but if I may speculate.

This event is more akin to fantasy setting that you can probably invent into your own machination on what happen. Because such possibility is possible unless its been reject by the canon but canon wise. it doesn't give much information.

you can probably do what you want and follow your imagination on what will happen. this event doesn't follow the law of science so it can't be explained that way but laws of magic or supernatural which is pretty vague to be a set into stones.
I suppose so. A little unfortunate but it is after all an unlikely occurrence.

New question - how much of a contribution do you think same-type resonance has in the Level 6 Shift attempt (the unstable version), or would that effect be completely overshadowed by the other factors (such as the network core (catalyst?)).

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2013-12-24 at 15:35. Reason: The other questions may need more preparation.
Old 2013-12-26, 10:54   Link #1798
Marina2

Quote:
Really? have you heard Uiharu's ability? I think that is more broken than Accelerator's ability to control vector.

though the ability isn't highlighted much because she's part of railgun crew but a level 1 that can control the temperature of object?

theoretically. what is doing is controlling the movement of molecules. making their movement stable or controlled.
I would have called it broken if not for these 2 reasons...

1) She needs to touch her target - which lead to #2
2) Her body is not imminue to the temperature changed by her own power. Try freezing or burning something and her hands will be damaged too. Lower the temperature around herself to freeze everything and Uiharu herself will die from the cold...and so on..

Well, 'touching' requirement may be gone at level 5 but even so, a surprise/fast attack will easier defeat her as her power doesn't give her a sense to detect an incoming attack.
Old 2013-12-26, 11:43   Link #1799
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Well, 'touching' requirement may be gone at level 5 but even so, a surprise/fast attack will easier defeat her as her power doesn't give her a sense to detect an incoming attack.
You won't know that unless its been further develop by the author because if you look at other example of level 1 which is the aerokinetic ability that was display by Saten even by a bits of it. If you compare it to aero hand level 4 of Mitsuki. The range differ and the ability evolves as the level goes.

So saying her range is limited to touch is like saying accelerator's range of touch stops him from curb stomping anyone.

If you haven't notice most of level 5 has their own auto defense system/ability so a level 5 of Uiharu's ability should also has its own.

I tell you if you develop such ability to such extremes. its broken.

Like the time stops for her
Old 2013-12-26, 12:57   Link #1800
Breimoon

are you talking about a certain manga by the name of akame ga kiru ? XD
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hard science