AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-04-26, 00:30   Link #9641
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I remember one of the files or something confirming that it was meant for an intimidation factor.
Old 2011-04-26, 14:33   Link #9642
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
This is slightly relevant to the question Nos asked not so long ago.

00P File No. 5 - Crisis of Krung Thep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
Some info from the chapter

On the surface, Krung Thep is a civilian factory colony. It is finance by multiple companies to produce products that can only be made in space as well as R&D of new materials. The companies do not know that it is used to developed gundams. It is run by a rich businessman in HRL who is a CB agent. Only ships that transport raw materials and trade industrial goods go to krung Thep.

Main communication method between gundams is visual signals/signs. Information is transmitted by looking at the slight vibrations of the other gundam’s armour. It uses the vibration as a code. Compared to light signals/sign, this method can transmit more info. This is done to overcome the communication disruption due to spread of GN particles. The basic technology for this is done centuries ago.
Seems like the Gundams mainly communicate via light signals and vibrations. I'm guessing the light signals are more mid distance while the vibrations are more short distance. Vibration appear to have more bandwidth than the light signals.
Old 2011-04-26, 14:42   Link #9643
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Wouldn't that mean they require Direct Line of Sight?

How would they keep in contact say within an asteriod field or inside a colony or building?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 16:01   Link #9644
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

What about the white radar all the Gundams have in their cockpit? Shouldn't those get distorted?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 23:30   Link #9645
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

If they're using E-Sensors, it should not be. E-Sensor does not seem to be affected by it, at least not completely. The effectiveness is reduced though, if what Sumeragi said in S121 is any clue. They can also detect GNMS as shown in S201 when A-LAWS detected Exia Repair.

Anything can still be jammed at large concentrations however. The Arche Drei for example can completely jam all communication and radar of Arche when it uses the Stealth Field, which suggests that longer range communication may be more traditional. Or whatever substitute that is used is still jam-able at higher levels. In any case, the vibration appears to be the option for the best bandiwith at least relative to light. I'm guessing its one of those short range/large bandwidth (vibration) and medium range/medium bandwidth situation (light).

Its worth noting that the MG Exia manual mentions that the interface with Veda is kept up with GN Particles (I think they mentioned this regarding the head part or so), so that remains a communication option. It would not surprise me if the order goes like this:

Vibration (short)
Light (mid)
GN Particle (long)
-----
Radio (whenever particles are super low or off; long)

There is still that problem of line of sight being required in both vibration and light. I wonder whether E-sensor can sense each other Gundam's vibrations?

00P File No8 Joyce Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
Forget to include the development report info

-One of the characteristics of the 3-thrusters drive of astrea & co is that it is able to extract maximum performance from the GN drive by pushing it to the limit. This puts a large strain on the GN drive, leading to its instability.

-2nd gen units do not use the cone type drive as their designs was not meant for it. Cone type drive heavily affects the 2nd gen unit’s balance.
Info related to GNY-002 Gundam Sadalsuud

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
From 00P development report:

-The lack of armour reduces sensor interference, enhancing its reconnaissance capability by about 30%. The only equipment that has defence capability is the large sensor shield on the left arm. This is done to test the ability of the shield.

-As long range shooting & command units’ sensor are very important, sensor data gathered from sadalsuud is used directly in their development.

-Normally only the blue part of the head’s antenna is used. The white part is used when GN particles are spread in the area; it becomes a relay station between base and other units.

-The left/right sensor shields are different to test out their capabilities. It will be changed to the type that is finally adopted.

-For the right sensor shield, the whole shield serves as part of the sensor. Due to its small size, it does not affect the use of the unit. As the left sensor shield move together with the arm, it is possible to gather data from all direction.

-Blind spots can be eliminated by moving the sensor shields. It is very difficult to install sensors at the back. Sensor at the back is placed so as to avoid interference from GN particles. Bottom verniers also have flaps to avoid interference with the sensor.

-It is not possible to point sensors in every direction at once. To solve this problem, integration of all sensor data is currently being carried out, so that the sensor shields can face the right direction at the right time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
The sensor interference only apply when the sensor is near verniers emitting GN particles. I think it has to do with the high density/high number of particles release from verniers.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-05-02 at 01:22. Reason: double post...
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 15:33   Link #9646
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Based on a new 00P translation I read, it seems that original GN Drives were initially poisonous in high concentration beam form like the Tau Drives (Chall suffered damage to the telomeres, which is the same thing that Louise later got). They only improved it to become non poisonous in high concentration form only after the Plutone accident, when Moreno handed Ian the toxicity report so he can made specific modification to help reduce eliminate it.

That's a surprise, guess all the statements of original Drive being non poisonous were referring to the current GN Drive state of the time; which in the case of the one stated in 1st Mechanics to be with the 3rd Generation. Later on as we all know Taus were improved to become non poisonous as well.
Old 2011-05-04, 10:43   Link #9647
Vash1306
Pancakes

Can someone please explain how GN Drives work? I know I can find it information on the Gundam wiki but want another explanation on it.

Like how does a GN drive produce energy to power anything? Baryonic decay is what is produced and used to keep the GN drive going and GN particles is a byproduct of that.

Is GN particles is what is used to generate electricity to power things such as the Ptolemaios (which runs on condensers full of particles).
Vash1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 10:59   Link #9648
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash1306 View Post
Can someone please explain how GN Drives work? I know I can find it information on the Gundam wiki but want another explanation on it.

Like how does a GN drive produce energy to power anything? Baryonic decay is what is produced and used to keep the GN drive going and GN particles is a byproduct of that.

Is GN particles is what is used to generate electricity to power things such as the Ptolemaios (which runs on condensers full of particles).
GN drives produce power not entirely dissimilar to how we produce nuclear power. With GN drives, we induce the spontaneous process of one particle transforming into other particles and harness its chain reaction as power. By continuing this chain reaction, GN Drives are able to produce virtually unlimited energy.

In short, just imagine a nuclear reactor, except miniaturized, compact and semi-stable without the poisonous side effects (which was a problem plaguing GN Drives).

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2011-05-04 at 11:12.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 12:17   Link #9649
fizzmaister
The Tall One

The core of a GN Drive is the TD blanket. It is a container for a topological defect, in this case a magnetic monopole. This monopole catalyzes a baryonic decay reaction, specifically proton decay. IRL we haven't encountered proton decay, but most GUTs necessitate it. From experimental evidence we know with 90% confidence that the half life of a proton is no less than 10^33 years. For comparison, the universe is only 10^9 years old. Magnetic monopoles have been theorized to catalyze this process, increasing the decay rate.

This reaction takes baryonic matter, protons, and results in energy, GN particles, and probably some by products. True GN Drives were stated to be heatless machines, but I believe that has been retconned to "emitting very little waste heat." I believe that logically flows into "the energy is released in very predictable amounts, like a single wavelength of gamma radiation" with this knowledge, they could harness that energy with a hyper-efficient low bandwidth cell. In other words, something that can capture that energy very efficiently, but only over a very small range of wavelengths.

The gundams draw all of their power from the energy released in this reaction. The Ptolemaios probably uses something like the condenser blades of the GN Katars and GN Sword III, just not in a weaponized form, to make heat, and they probably have a heat engine somewhere on board that converts that to electricity.

It was very nice to write this out, I haven't had a chance to write my thoughts on this in a while since Sonic seems to always say everything that I want to say, and he usually says it first.
Old 2011-05-04, 12:58   Link #9650
Vash1306
Pancakes

Hehe, thanks a lot for the explanation you two. Just exactly what I wanted to know
Old 2011-05-04, 22:19   Link #9651
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Mobile Suit Gundam 00P File No 18 Gundam Virtue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
Additional info

-This chapter reveals that Virtue(physical/particle) is designed as it is so that Nadleeh will not be at the frontlines.

-If betrayer appears, Virtue will retreat back to base/Ptolemy and change into Nadleeh. Even though changing into Nadleeh is a simple task, doing so on the battle field is dangerous and trial system range is limited.

-Back at base/Ptolemy, Nadleeh will be equipped with Akwos equipments (this is not stated clearly but impiled). This is the planed use of Nadleeh.

-It seems that if Tiera did not appear there is a chance that Lasse may become gundam meister. (Again, this is impiled)

-Veda decides to use human as meisters only a few months ago. Veda made the decision after 874 refused the offer and after an unknown suggestion by a senior innovade(ribbons, most likely)

Development report info

-Both particle and physical virtue were suggested by veda. Both designs are not meant for MS combat, instead they are for anti-fortress/anti-fleet artillery attack. This is to keep Nadleeh away from the frontlines.

-Development of particle virtue is slower as the condenser technology then cannot accommodate its heavy particle usage. (In fact, according to previous chapter, development of virtue(particle/physical) is the slowest)

-Due to the reason above and that the 3 nations do not have particle weapons; the possibility that physical virtue is adopted is higher. Reason why particle virtue is adopted instead is in chapter 21.
Old 2011-05-07, 00:34   Link #9652
Vash1306
Pancakes

Anyone mind explaining the Quantum Teleport System (and or quantization) used by the Quanta and future suits?

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Quantum_Teleport_System
Old 2011-05-07, 00:40   Link #9653
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

We don't have a known explanation for it. It's likely related to using GN Particles to affect spacetime, or using it to create a wormhole tunnel.
Old 2011-05-07, 12:57   Link #9654
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Isn't their going to be a 00N book that release last month?? Its suppose to talk about the ELS Qan[T] and go into details about the future
Old 2011-05-07, 16:30   Link #9655
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

No, there's suppose to be a 00N compilation with a bit of extrsa stuff; we don't know how much or what they are. And I don't think its suppose to be out yet.
Old 2011-05-11, 08:04   Link #9656
solidvanz
Special Operative

Gundam 00 Mechanics Final:

Spoiler for MS Concept Designs:

Spoiler for ELS:

Spoiler for Gadelaza Concept Arts:

Spoiler for ELS Qan[T] Concept Arts:

Spoiler for S1 MS Concept Arts:

Spoiler for S2 MS Concept Arts:

Spoiler for Movie MS Concept Arts & Other Stuffs:

Last edited by solidvanz; 2011-05-11 at 22:35.
solidvanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 08:08   Link #9657
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Prototype designs? Looks that way judging from the presence of the proto-Exia on the far right. I'm liking what I see of the Hellion-esque one there.

Edit:

And... I'm actually loving ALOT of the concept arts. Which suddenly makes me sad they'll never see the light of day as proper models

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 11:06   Link #9658
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Hey... I see that Gadessa concept art that Nos was lusting over for a while.
Old 2011-05-11, 12:03   Link #9659
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Hey... I see that Gadessa concept art that Nos was lusting over for a while.
Me too,

But these concept designs are lovely. The ELS Qan just kneeling there

What's really sad is that most of those designs could be incorporated into manga base off the innovators Wars. I like to see that.....O well.

Does the book have any other surprises??
Old 2011-05-11, 12:09   Link #9660
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

I look at the concept arts for the movie Gundams and Gadelaza, and I weep, for they are much better than what we got.