*Author

Spoiler for announce:
andrewsch5658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 08:14   Link #4142
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsch5658 View Post
Spoiler for announce:
It seems to say something like "The last episode of D.Gray-man will air on 30/9. Don't miss it!" I'm far from an expert, but that's how I understood it, at least.
Old 2008-09-24, 18:25   Link #4143
Julianlivre
Almighty

Send a message via MSN to Julianlivre
ZOMFG they cant be fu**ing serious about ending the show now >_< There's still so much that can happen.... Many bosses left to defeat ^^ I also heard in episode 102 that the next episode would be the last. But dammit a second series/season must be planned or something. Can't end just like this... Or else I will hire Osama Bin Ladin to nuke the creator of D.Gray-man
Old 2008-09-24, 19:22   Link #4144
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Talking I dont know if this has been already posted but here goes

Old 2008-09-24, 19:30   Link #4145
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

And as always the effort put into cosplay is good and well but in the end it just looks weird and doesnt come close to the original.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 23:09   Link #4146
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Now, what we really want to know is: Is this the end, or just a pause? Or are the producers still vague on the issue themselves?
Old 2008-09-24, 23:24   Link #4147
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianlivre View Post
ZOMFG they cant be fu**ing serious about ending the show now >_< There's still so much that can happen.... Many bosses left to defeat ^^ I also heard in episode 102 that the next episode would be the last. But dammit a second series/season must be planned or something. Can't end just like this... Or else I will hire Osama Bin Ladin to nuke the creator of D.Gray-man
Why nuke the creator of the MANGA because the ANIME caught up to the manga? Like, really, they simply can't make any more at the moment... The Level 4-battle only ended like, 3 months ago in the manga, that's WAY too close for the anime to be able to do anything.
Old 2008-09-25, 00:23   Link #4148
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

One thing we have to make clear: Is the series ending, ot taking a break? As far as I can tell, both are still rumours. Wish someone will clear this up soon.
Old 2008-09-25, 00:53   Link #4149
indicatoto101

I hope the series is not going to end, but we don't know until the last episode which will air next week. Crossing my fingers that they intend on going on hiatus.
indicatoto101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 10:50   Link #4150
servidor

From the adds I had seen at the end of the episodes of D.Gray man, video game, art book and CCG, I think that the series may go on a hiatus. I think that the sponsors may want the series to continue as soon as possible, so they can keep selling their products.
servidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 15:04   Link #4151
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Come on guys, you don't really think that this series will end, do ya?

I am actually in favor of this break until they get sufficient material for another series and think back, wow...have I really followed this series week after week for 2 years now?
I think it is a good time for a break

ep 102
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 16:57   Link #4152
elite-dreams
Boku no matsuro

ToT, well i hope it doesnt end but...
just cuz the anime's getting closer to the manga, why cant they still go on with the anime (with like a filler or something naruto/bleach) and then get back on track when the manga gets a lil further.
or let the anime be ahead of the manga? is that possible o_o
elite-dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 17:56   Link #4153
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

I am actually in favor of this break until they get sufficient material for another series and think back, wow...have I really followed this series week after week for 2 years now?

ep 102
Spoiler:
Yeah really is something when you think about how long we've been following the series. Will be interesting to put out some nostalgic posts and how it appeared when we first began to watch.
Spoiler for Ep102:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite-dreams View Post
ToT, well i hope it doesnt end but...
just cuz the anime's getting closer to the manga, why cant they still go on with the anime (with like a filler or something naruto/bleach) and then get back on track when the manga gets a lil further.
or let the anime be ahead of the manga? is that possible o_o
Maybe because they don't want the series to end up like Naruto and Bleach . One ended up with the cheery title of filler hell and then returned to such slow pacing that the series lost all positive qualities. Bleach as well is falling into terribly written filler arcs and should have taken a break or something. Better to stop for a while then come back. Instead of souring the series for the fans.
Old 2008-09-25, 22:01   Link #4154
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm of the same opinion as both DeathKillz and FlareKnight.

For now the best route for the show to take is that the producers put it on hiatus right after this arc ends.

It's for the best that D.Gray-man goes on break while the show hasn't jumped the shark yet.

I believe by its conclusion, due maybe or not on next week, the anime will have reached up to the first half of the fifteenth manga volume.
Guido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 23:14   Link #4155
ffantasy24

I'm getting a bit confused with all the diff speculations on here. So this first part of the series is ending, for good or temporarily?People are saying that this will be the last of DGM anime while others say they will restart the series again once theres enough material released through the manga. Most likely the latter, yeah? Though we still can't be sure as theres no official word on it yet.
ffantasy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 23:34   Link #4156
tbl
Affably Evil

My guess is that it will be ending temporarily and will start again as a sequel series with a subtitle or something. I'll probably go on to read the manga.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 01:07   Link #4157
andrewsch5658
*Author

I decided to believe that there will be a continuation of D.Gray Man in the future. This is the only thing I can do at the moment.

Just don’t let it be like naruto shippuden, please….

Btw, is there any big improvement on the TV rating between the 1st(1-51) and the 2nd(52-103) season of D.Gray Man? Cause I hear 1st season TV rating is not that good.

Well actually, I hope that this series is not those that need to depend on the TV rating to decide whether to continue or stop the anime. And, did anyone know how the studio that produce D.Gray Man work?

Do you guys/gals hope that there will be an extra omake of episode 103 that will tell us something like this-‘we’re sorry to stop the series at the moment due to not enough material, but don’t worry, the series will definitely return in the future around 1-2 years,please be patient,or something like that.’

I have to wait a long time before I can watch episode 102 due to my pendrive not working properly(it can’t be format).
andrewsch5658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 03:14   Link #4158
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffantasy24 View Post
I'm getting a bit confused with all the diff speculations on here. So this first part of the series is ending, for good or temporarily?
For now, it is an ending. They're calling 103 the last episode everywhere: Tv Tokyo website, tv guides, even the episode preview! They don't do that when there's a sequel being planned already.
At this point, anything regarding a possible come back in the future is, like you put, pure speculation. I honestly believe it'll happen someday, but don't hold your breath.

Regarding the ratings, DGM usually gets something around 2~3%. It' nothing special or top 10 material, but not bad either...even Bleach is getting lower numbers, but i guess the worldwide popularity is enough keep it going.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 05:06   Link #4159
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

ep 102
Spoiler:
DKZ: Can you say....D.Gray-Man R2, Walker of the rebellion?! haha, but I jest.

Still, ever since the anime decided to follow the manga arc for arc, it's been jumping ahead of the manga's pace (due to the mangaka's breaks/offdays) so this is a good time to slow down and get some new material.

Still, for this episode:

Spoiler for episode 102:

Spoiler for omake lololol:
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 06:24   Link #4160
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post
Spoiler for omake lololol:
Spoiler for lol?:

*end semi-pointless post*