AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-14, 01:46   Link #121
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
... Perhaps a relative of his is a high-ranking member?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-10-14, 01:48   Link #122
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
This don't change the fact he can rder Arakawa. Even without much power, he probably has at last one subordinate, and that one is Arakawa. He needs to be at Koizumi's disposal to take him to Closed Space, at last. So himself can't be very important.
Old 2009-10-14, 01:51   Link #123
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... Perhaps a relative of his is a high-ranking member?
Heh, that's just my theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
This don't change the fact he can rder Arakawa. Even without much power, he probably has at last one subordinate, and that one is Arakawa. He needs to be at Koizumi's disposal to take him to Closed Space, at last. So himself can't be very important.
Again, I wouldn't bet on that.
Old 2009-10-14, 01:55   Link #124
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Being assigned transportation duties doesn't mean you're not important.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-10-14, 02:01   Link #125
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Again, I wouldn't bet on that.
Taht Arakawa is unimportant or that Koizumi has one or two surbodinates?

Quote:
Of course it means! He seens to be always there when Itsuki need. Being 24h a day in a taxi waiting for a student order don't seen very important to me. Also, how could he do anything else? Also, of the other 4, he is the only on who showed have only two sets of skils, drive (fast!) and be a buttle.
Spoiler for novel 7:
Old 2009-10-14, 02:01   Link #126
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Exactly. Although Arakawa may be extremely important, he might voluntarily drive Haruhi Suzumiya's personal guardian places, as a way of showing his thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Spoiler for novel 7:
Or he could be too important to be in the front lines. >_>
Old 2009-10-14, 02:08   Link #127
Heatth

Exept, again, being a driver for 24 hours means he do not have time for anything else. You couldn't even say he would work at night or school time, becasue even then he needs to at disposal for the case of a Closed Space appear.
Old 2009-10-14, 02:10   Link #128
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Arakawa could still be in charge, but since he doesn't have esper powers, he might just be the only one locally that has a drivers license and be able to move about without being noticed. The bothers might be needed elsewhere. We don't know the younger one nor Mori's age, and Itsuki is a high school student. Also the Orginization is only (about) three years old.

Arakawa might seem like only the driver/butler, but looks can be deceiving. He also could be the one that calls for the espers when Closed Space happens... since when it happens Itsuki gets a call on his cell phone.

Itsuki might be able to make the call for things specifically because he's the closest to the subject matter. He is supposedly a lower ranking member of the Orginization.

The Brothers are mostly an unknown since they've only appeared when the Orginization needs to amuse Haruhi via a mystery.

Mori while it doesn't show at first, is a badass. Don't mess with the maid. While that doesn't confirm that she is an esper...it does confirm that she's not someone to be messed with.
Old 2009-10-14, 02:37   Link #129
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Arakawa could still be in charge, but since he doesn't have esper powers, he might just be the only one locally that has a drivers license and be able to move about without being noticed. The bothers might be needed elsewhere. We don't know the younger one nor Mori's age, and Itsuki is a high school student. Also the Orginization is only (about) three years old.

Arakawa might seem like only the driver/butler, but looks can be deceiving. He also could be the one that calls for the espers when Closed Space happens... since when it happens Itsuki gets a call on his cell phone.
Again, he need to be a driver 24 a day, as the Closed Space can appear at any time. He have no time to be important. You could argue he could do things by phone/laptop while Koizumi is not needing him, but, someone important need to have time to do things without having interrupted. Arakawa don't have such time.

Quote:
Itsuki might be able to make the call for things specifically because he's the closest to the subject matter. He is supposedly a lower ranking member of the Orginization.
Which give him at last some authority. He has a lower rank, but, due to being with Haruhi, he can order some people.

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-10-14 at 02:56.
Old 2009-10-14, 02:51   Link #130
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Again, we don't know if he is their only taxi driver, nor do we know if he's always on call. Every time we see Itsuki with a taxi, it is Arakawa, but we don't know if that is because Itsuki can call him for that, or if Arakawa has Itsuki on a short leash and thus remains close at hand to monitor the situation, since most times the taxi is used seem premeditated.

(I'm trying to remember them being used)
Melencholy V, Itsuki needed to wait until a Closed Space happened to show Kyon proof. He may also have needed support from his superior, who would be on hand to make sure things went well with this contact with God's man-slave.

Lonely Island required no taxi...he was the butler and likely had the most contact with the SOS-dan during the trip.

Sigh...all hell is breaking loose behind the scenes, Itsuki is sent to confer with Kyon alone to "fix this", the boss comes along since Itsuki seems near the breaking point. (Is he also the taxi driver that takes Haruhi to get Mikuru?)

Snowy Mountain/Where did the Cat Go?...again butler position, but this time just to keep Haruhi entertained.

Later novel...likely on high alert due to known temporal disturbance. Someone with a car needed...boss has a car.

I can't remember any other appearances right now.
Old 2009-10-14, 02:54   Link #131
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Itsuki is very low-ranked, but he has clout because of his position close to Haruhi.

And whoever said Arakawa was the one who always drives Itsuki places?

Besides, Closed Space doesn't just appear locally, it appears all around the world, if I'm correct... Arakawa certainly doesn't have the time to drive Itsuki to Bombay, for instance.
Old 2009-10-14, 03:04   Link #132
Heatth

Quote:
Again, we don't know if he is their only taxi driver, nor do we know if he's always on call. Every time we see Itsuki with a taxi, it is Arakawa, but we don't know if that is because Itsuki can call him for that, or if Arakawa has Itsuki on a short leash and thus remains close at hand to monitor the situation, since most times the taxi is used seem premeditated.
Quote:
And whoever said Arakawa was the one who always drives Itsuki places?
Well, it was him whenever we saw the driver. It could be because Kyon was there, tough. I still find odd having aa hight position man working as a driver, is not how things work, usually.

Quote:
(I'm trying to remember them being used)
Melencholy V, Itsuki needed to wait until a Closed Space happened to show Kyon proof. He may also have needed support from his superior, who would be on hand to make sure things went well with this contact with God's man-slave.

Sigh...all hell is breaking loose behind the scenes, Itsuki is sent to confer with Kyon alone to "fix this", the boss comes along since Itsuki seems near the breaking point.
I keep saying, it isn't how bosses usually do things. The boss might be there, but not driving for low-ranking guys.

Quote:
Later novel...likely on high alert due to known temporal disturbance. Someone with a car needed...boss has a car.
Not only he has a car, for sure. Also, someone has to be at the ESPer-who-can't-drive disposal to drive them. Even if is not Arakawa, Itsuki need someone to drive him to Closed Space or he wouldn't make it in time, he is a minor and cn't drive, after all.

So, I am sure someone beside th boss has a car. Mori, if an ESPer, probably has a car too.

Quote:
Besides, Closed Space doesn't just appear locally, it appears all around the world, if I'm correct... Arakawa certainly doesn't have the time to drive Itsuki to Bombay, for instance.
Are you sure? I don't remember that. Anyway, someone need to drive him to the airport, at last.
Old 2009-10-14, 04:04   Link #133
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Well, Arakawa was given the honor of entertaining Haruhi not once, but twice. Powers or no, it seems unlikely that he'd be given such a honor if he was at the bottom of the totem-pole.

Unless...he and and Mori are scretly lovers, and he's been given extra privilege just because he's Mori's main squeeze! It's perfect!
Old 2009-10-14, 04:08   Link #134
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post
Well, Arakawa was given the honor of entertaining Haruhi not once, but twice. Powers or no, it seems unlikely that he'd be given such a honor if he was at the bottom of the totem-pole.
You are assuming enteraining Harui is a honor. Itsuki don't seenst o like that, at last. Also, is very possible many, if not most, absolutelly hate Haruhi and think she is better dead, but are too afraid doing anything. Killing God, after all, is too riscky, who knows if she wouldn't just resurrect and then kill who did it? Even she not being god, she is still powerful enough to the effect be the same.
Old 2009-10-14, 13:26   Link #135
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Depends. One of the qualifications for being a god is that someone worships you.
Old 2009-10-14, 13:30   Link #136
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Haruhiism seems to be pretty prevalent... at least here, anyway.
Old 2009-10-14, 13:40   Link #137
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I don't think the fourth wall breaking worship counts in this case, since its Itsuki who qualifies Haruhi as a god. He's got some weird theories at times, but I don't recall him being that completely Meta.
Old 2009-10-14, 23:21   Link #138
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Quote:
Depends. One of the qualifications for being a god is that someone worships you.
So wait.

If I worshipped a Taco, I could have a Taco god, sweet!

But yeah, I am in Haruhiism. (Why have a god, unless she's a cute one in a bunny girl outfit)
Old 2009-10-14, 23:29   Link #139
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Emperor View Post
So wait.

If I worshipped a Taco, I could have a Taco god, sweet!

But yeah, I am in Haruhiism. (Why have a god, unless she's a cute one in a bunny girl outfit)
The Taco is but one aspect of The Duke himself. I'm beginning to think that the Duke's character (see previous pages) is the avatar of an aggregate of several other lesser gods that wish to commune with Haruhi.

But back on topic, I want to raise a question about Mikuru. What do people think of the chances of her freeing herself from causality are? It'll become a relevant question going forward for a few reasons: first in that ultimately, she will have to either break from her established future and stay with the SOS-dan, or continue along it and become Asahina (Big), and what she chooses will determine her relationship with the other characters going forward.

We know because of what we've seen of Asahina (Big) that there is a much more put-together, focused, capable person lurking in there, and one has to wonder if part of the present Mikuru's character growth into such an active agent will be to eventually choose a different life for herself.
Old 2009-10-14, 23:32   Link #140
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
The Taco is but one aspect of The Duke himself. I'm beginning to think that the Duke's character (see previous pages) is the avatar of an aggregate of several other lesser gods that wish to commune with Haruhi.

But back on topic, I want to raise a question about Mikuru. What do people think of the chances of her freeing herself from causality are? It'll become a relevant question going forward for a few reasons: first in that ultimately, she will have to either break from her established future and stay with the SOS-dan, or continue along it and become Asahina (Big), and what she chooses will determine her relationship with the other characters going forward.

We know because of what we've seen of Asahina (Big) that there is a much more put-together, focused, capable person lurking in there, and one has to wonder if part of the present Mikuru's character growth into such an active agent will be to eventually choose a different life for herself.
Well, remember what Koizumi said, about Mikuru's older self not being trust worthy.

Maybe Mikuru (This is proberly unlikely) is actually working for a larger goal, for other perpouses, then to just keep Haruhi's emotions intact from destroying the planet.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters