AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-01-27, 22:59   Link #22661
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
RB and myself present an update for your reading pleasure !

And this answers the question: Just where does Nanoha get her bad-assery from?

Daily Activity Log of Officers F. Testarossa and N. Takamachi

Spoiler for Log #9: Jan. 4:

Spoiler for Logs Archive:

EDIT: Page claim for the White Devil!

Last edited by deathcurse; 2010-03-04 at 01:26.
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 23:06   Link #22662
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
And the White Devil's mother.
Old 2010-01-28, 00:27   Link #22663
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Ok, so it's a well known fact that one chapter of Life Goes On is on hiatus because of Lutecia. However, I got the urge to finally write out the key scene of the chapter. The chapter has Nanoha asking Fate and Yuuno when they fell in love, prompting them to go into flash back mode to the event that caused their relationship to change. Here is said event:

Spoiler:

The chapter will also deal with the aftermath of this, however I felt it important to post this scene before continuing. I can't go on unless this part is done just right, which is why I want your feedback. Thanks.

Last edited by 00-Raiser; 2010-01-28 at 07:28.
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 07:11   Link #22664
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
FF.N replied to me about the lemons and stuff:

Spoiler for Fanfiction.net reply:

Not very helpful, but my question was answered at least. Lemons aren't allowed, period. However, someone has to actually report them before they're removed. I have a few lemons up there and they havn't been reported, but I'm pretty sure if it was anything but NanoFate then they would be reported.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 08:28   Link #22665
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
FF.N replied to me about the lemons and stuff:

Spoiler for Fanfiction.net reply:

Not very helpful, but my question was answered at least. Lemons aren't allowed, period. However, someone has to actually report them before they're removed. I have a few lemons up there and they havn't been reported, but I'm pretty sure if it was anything but NanoFate then they would be reported.
An expected reply, considering how they use 'explicit' rather than 'obscene'. While what counts as obscene is subjective, explicit means showing it in detail. So if you're going to write a sex scene, make it as vauge and obscure as possible.
Old 2010-01-28, 09:04   Link #22666
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post

AHAHAHAHAHA! Just keep on diggin' yourself in that hole there, Fate! It's not like there isn't a popular saying about a lady and protesting too much!

Momoko! How so awesome? That's what you call Mama Bear Extraordinaire!
isagrimorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 09:25   Link #22667
Thunderbird
IS: Liar's Mask
*Author

Quote:

Title Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: Mirrored Souls: Fate
Genre: Joint fanfiction
Summary: Do to a time paradox, Nanoha somehow swaps places with her nine year old self.
Rating: T
Links:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10, Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, Part 14, Part 15, Part 16, Part 17,

Title: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: Mirrored Souls: Nanoha
Summary: Do to a time paradox, Nanoha somehow swaps places with her nine year old self.
Links: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9

Title: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: Mirrored Souls: Vivio
Links: Part 1

Fate:Unclaimed
Nanoha:Unclaimed
Vivio: Unclaimed

(Did I miss any?)
Ok after reading this and feeling kinda sad that people abandoned it...I figured why not try to see if we can get it going again? If nothing else it will be a project for me to work on, but since this did start out as a joint fanfiction...it should remain as such for those who wish to continue it. Time to try to resurrect this project from so long ago..

Spoiler for Nanoha Part 10:

Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 10:08   Link #22668
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by isagrimorie View Post
Momoko! How so awesome? That's what you call Mama Bear Extraordinaire!
She's the mother of the White Devil, that just makes her awesome by default. And hey, when you mess with her kids, she messes with you. Honestly, this one was my idea, and I really, really wanted to do it. Turned out so much more awesome than I'd hoped!
Old 2010-01-28, 10:28   Link #22669
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
She's the mother of the White Devil, that just makes her awesome by default. And hey, when you mess with her kids, she messes with you. Honestly, this one was my idea, and I really, really wanted to do it. Turned out so much more awesome than I'd hoped!
You should hand out ideas more! And it is awesome! You and DC make an awesome team! I dub you both, Team Awesome!

*cough* I maybe watching a little too much HIMYM.

And, yes, she is awesome by default and more! She becomes positively deadly when her kids get into trouble!
isagrimorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 11:06   Link #22670
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:

I really liked it :3 Good job! Though I must complain about how randomly this story is skipping around. From january to february, back to january, then skipping days.... PLEASE go in order @_@

[EDIT] I'm in my english comp 1 class right now, done with my work and waiting for class to let out for my break between my next class, and I turned in my 2 page essay already. The teacher graded it and told me it was really good, and that my flow was amazing. He also said that my voice was really great!

Last edited by Satashi; 2010-01-28 at 11:56.
Old 2010-01-28, 11:43   Link #22671
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Ahhhhh, sweet, sweet TeaSubaru goodness. ^^ Very nice to read, still as sweet and hilarious as I remember it when you showed it to me on AIM! Got a particularly hard laugh out of all the little character cameos, especially Quattro, Tre, and Sette, and Caro going off on the umpire when he called Erio out was the funniest thing ever. It's always the quiet ones...
She really got into the game, taking a few lessons from Arisa :P

And we'll see more Quattro, Tre, and Sette next chapter, for "Allies." ^_^

Quote:
You are now, Vice, accept it.

Also... More, please and thank you.
Thanks, glad you liked it! Hopefully should have the next chapter by next week, but perhaps a few things before then.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 12:19   Link #22672
Nita
Ñe~

Quote:

Well, now I know why people say that an angry mother, its an angry beast Go Momoko! Go! Remember me to never make her upset xD
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 16:15   Link #22673
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
I really liked it :3 Good job! Though I must complain about how randomly this story is skipping around. From january to february, back to january, then skipping days.... PLEASE go in order @_@
The skipping around is because DC and I wanted a certain gap of time to fill in before the Runaway arc. DC in particular felt we were moving Fate and Nanoha into drama and angst too quickly, so we decided to set the Runaway Case File in February so we could fill in the gap of January with the hijinks and adventures they had before things got serious.
Old 2010-01-28, 16:40   Link #22674
Merctrin
Immi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Ok, so it's a well known fact that one chapter of Life Goes On is on hiatus because of Lutecia. However, I got the urge to finally write out the key scene of the chapter. The chapter has Nanoha asking Fate and Yuuno when they fell in love, prompting them to go into flash back mode to the event that caused their relationship to change. Here is said event:

Spoiler:

The chapter will also deal with the aftermath of this, however I felt it important to post this scene before continuing. I can't go on unless this part is done just right, which is why I want your feedback. Thanks.
I like this, but I have to say that I think Yuuno giving in comes off as a little too abrupt, and it damages the flow a little. Earlier in the scene, when the narration is focused on him, how he feels about the stress of supporting Fate while keeping himself in check is made pretty clear, but once Fate becomes the focus, his own problems with the situation sort of fade into the background, making the quick shift back when you mention the dam breaking feel a little awkward.

By the way, excellent job writing Fate. Her side of things was really, really well done. I hope you'll write more of this soon.
Merctrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 17:08   Link #22675
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
The skipping around is because DC and I wanted a certain gap of time to fill in before the Runaway arc. DC in particular felt we were moving Fate and Nanoha into drama and angst too quickly, so we decided to set the Runaway Case File in February so we could fill in the gap of January with the hijinks and adventures they had before things got serious.
Yeah, that was me . I apologize if it jumps around some, but RB and I have roughly plotted out where the characters' development will go, and so if we get inspiration to write something, we try to set it in the timeline so that their actions correspond well with their characterization at the time.

Thanks to everyone who responded, I believe RB answered well for both of us ^^.

@Nita: Oh yeah, if they had gone for her, Momoko would have shown them mercy . But touch Fate and they're goners .
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 17:10   Link #22676
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
For something a bit different, Kaijo writes a NanoFate fic!

Spoiler for True Love:
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 17:32   Link #22677
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merctrin View Post
I like this, but I have to say that I think Yuuno giving in comes off as a little too abrupt, and it damages the flow a little. Earlier in the scene, when the narration is focused on him, how he feels about the stress of supporting Fate while keeping himself in check is made pretty clear, but once Fate becomes the focus, his own problems with the situation sort of fade into the background, making the quick shift back when you mention the dam breaking feel a little awkward.

By the way, excellent job writing Fate. Her side of things was really, really well done. I hope you'll write more of this soon.
Thanks for the input! I see your point, so I'll add in a paragraph showing Yuuno's thoughts right before he decides to give in.
Old 2010-01-28, 19:37   Link #22678
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Before they got serious? But you released it in that order so it got serious like that regardless of what "time" it took place. Its your fic, so do what you want, but when we read it, we read it in the order you posted it, and from what I see so far the date itself really doesn't matter. Since everything is so scattered as it is, the dates don't really matter-which makes the whole daily log thing kind of pointless because its more of a "random log entry" instead of "daily log activity"

Its kind of like Haruhi where you watch an episode and try to figure out when it happened.
episode 1: meet Nanoha and Fate
episode 2: *in the future* run away kids
episode 3: *in the past* Nanoha and Fate have sex
episode 4: *in the past, before the past, after the start* Fate gets cracked on the head.
Old 2010-01-28, 19:43   Link #22679
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Before they got serious? But you released it in that order so it got serious like that regardless of what "time" it took place. Its your fic, so do what you want, but when we read it, we read it in the order you posted it, and from what I see so far the date itself really doesn't matter. Since everything is so scattered as it is, the dates don't really matter-which makes the whole daily log thing kind of pointless because its more of a "random log entry" instead of "daily log activity"

Its kind of like Haruhi where you watch an episode and try to figure out when it happened.
episode 1: meet Nanoha and Fate
episode 2: *in the future* run away kids
episode 3: *in the past* Nanoha and Fate have sex
episode 4: *in the past, before the past, after the start* Fate gets cracked on the head.
I'm afraid I'm not following your argument. By "serious" I'm referring explicitly to the Runaway case, which you'll notice is differently titled from the normal Logs in that it's actually a Case File. The order is sporadic, I'll admit, but again, this was the result of the fact that we felt Nanoha and Fate were moving in terms of character development far too quickly, but we'd already started our work on the Runaway Case File and didn't want to drop it. So we pushed it up to February and used January as a "fill in the gap" to see how Fate and Nanoha operate under regular circumstances. It isn't so much out of order as it is filling in the gaps.
Old 2010-01-28, 19:44   Link #22680
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
For something a bit different, Kaijo writes a NanoFate fic!

Spoiler for True Love:
I liked the part with, "As you wish". I see a potential fiiiii~c! lol XD
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha