AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-10-14, 04:37   Link #1901
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
^As crack-pairing as YukixInaho, I do wish you guys luck though.
Yet still not as crack as YukixCruhteo.
Old 2014-10-14, 04:57   Link #1902
Slaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I like you.

Unfortunately, after that little gem about Cruhteo, I don't think anyone in this show that isn't some unimportant side-character of either side will die. So I'm thinking to put on hold the second half and watch it after I learn how it ended.
If they do an ass-pull I will never be able to respect them again. Grow some balls you know? I want to believe they are just trolling and mean something more along the lines of "Yeah, they are dead. But we didn't show the body charred and smoldering out of fear for fangirls bombing the studio."

Quote:
Wait a second. Slaine actually joined this forum?
Yes. I'm posting from my throne, plotting the rebellion that will bring lasting peace to both worlds.

I'm also playing DayZ, CS:GO, Battlefield, LoL among others. God, my KDA ratio for Terran games is even better than IRL.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-10-14, 10:17   Link #1903
Irenesharda

Quote:
I like you.

Unfortunately, after that little gem about Cruhteo, I don't think anyone in this show that isn't some unimportant side-character of either side will die. So I'm thinking to put on hold the second half and watch it after I learn how it ended.
Really? I've been theorizing that Cruhteo could be alive since the attack happened. The attack on him is one of those deaths that one could actually theoretically bring someone back from, especially in the mecha genre.

However, Inaho and Asseylum's theorized deaths were more personal and up front. They were positioned liked actually character deaths, so I'm still going with them being dead for now.

And you know with how much you've been on this forum alone and that you'll be back for second season, just to see what happens if nothing else.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-10-14, 10:32   Link #1904
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Really? I've been theorizing that Cruhteo could be alive since the attack happened. The attack on him is one of those deaths that one could actually theoretically bring someone back from, especially in the mecha genre.

However, Inaho and Asseylum's theorized deaths were more personal and up front. They were positioned liked actually character deaths, so I'm still going with them being dead for now.

And you know with how much you've been on this forum alone and that you'll be back for second season, just to see what happens if nothing else.
Asseylum seems unfortunately alive. Between Slaine's clip and the information in the last event... I guess Inaho is alive as well, but I was okay with that. I wasn't okay with Asseylum's survival because I'm sick of her "not quite dead" trick.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-10-14, 10:41   Link #1905
Key Board
Carbon

personally I think Asseylum surviving is more likely than Inaho surviving
and yet, I am skeptical that either will survive

but if I have to justify it in a META way..

Asseylum has survived THREE assassination attempts so far. Why not go one step further and make it 4 times. (are we sure she's not a martian roach?)

and show likes to bully Slaine, so him failing to kill Inaho is just one more way the show is saying that Slaine always screws up what he intends to do
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2014-10-14, 10:52   Link #1906
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Asseylum seems unfortunately alive. Between Slaine's clip and the information in the last event... I guess Inaho is alive as well, but I was okay with that. I wasn't okay with Asseylum's survival because I'm sick of her "not quite dead" trick.

The writers are too scared to kill off characters fangirls

The big question is whether Inaho will smile a lot in season 2
Old 2014-10-14, 12:08   Link #1907
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
The writers are too scared to kill off characters fangirls

The big question is whether Inaho will smile a lot in season 2
Some speculate that he's in a coma based on Yuki's dialogue in the teaser.
Old 2014-10-14, 22:15   Link #1908
Irenesharda

Quote:
I won't believe Asseylum or Inaho are alive until I have definite proof. The words Slaine said actually seem to be talking to the Emperor, not Asseylum, its seems more like he's saying them to her memory. Also. that talk about the shot of her with the gun in the OP is also inconclusive, since as that was the first season's OP, wouldn't whatever decision she made that that was supposed to symbolize, already have happened? It wouldn't apply to the second season since that will have a new OP. Her decisions may have repercussions, but that doesn't mean she'll be alive to see what those repercussions are.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-10-14, 23:42   Link #1909
Fjoergyn

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...irakawa/.79916
Old 2014-10-14, 23:53   Link #1910
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Speculation time, I think he'll voiced the will-be loyal new subordinate of Slaine.
Old 2014-10-15, 00:15   Link #1911
Thess

Quote:
Speculation time, I think he'll voiced the will-be loyal new subordinate of Slaine.
It'll be more interesting if he was prejudiced first and then he grows loyal.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-10-15, 00:23   Link #1912
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
I don't think they have that many episodes to do that maybe 2 to 3 episodes because that got to spend the other nine on plot movement now if this had 24 to 26 yeah I could see it happen on a slower pace.
Old 2014-10-15, 01:42   Link #1913
RoyBr

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Omatase...

Ok, I love it when directors appear on radio shows, because they provide so much food for thought! But I swear...I've gotta be crazy...that must have taken me 3 hours this morning...

First, a few clarifications:

And onto the radio itself (from 06:30 to ~35:00). The first part I've summarised/translated is just Amamiya and Minase asking Aoki questions. After an interlude where they decide Aoki's Vers name, the second part has him answering a couple of questions sent in by viewers.

NB: Please don't take these as exact translations of the whole thing, because I didn't parse every single line...

And without further ado...

Radio #14

TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

NB: One thing I noticed is that Aoki didn't confirm or deny Minase's point about the bullet not penetrating Inaho's head. If that's the case, then what I've been saying about headwounds (e.g. above) is highly relevant....
I actually read this on wordpress and I made a comment there , anyway: We really don't know what's gonna happen, do we?. Aoki-san's hints weren't so helpful :P. From what I realized by this interview is that He's alive but in critical conditions. Usually people end up in coma when they get shot in the head and survive. I Don't Really Know. Maybe I' m wrong. Maybe I'm NOT. Anyway, I really, really hope he's still alive and the princess too and that they will remain alive until the very end , because I like them both and seeing one of them dead, is just unacceptable for me . Let's just wait and see...

BTW Thanks for translating it. I mean, I know Japanese too however, I wouldn't have been so nice to spent 3 hours translating it for the others so Thank you

Last edited by RoyBr; 2014-10-15 at 01:53. Reason: wanted to add something else :)
Old 2014-10-15, 03:23   Link #1914
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
If it couldn't get any worst for Slaine, it just did.

They got Makoto from School Days for his servant.

His fate is now sealed. Nice Mecha.
Old 2014-10-15, 04:24   Link #1915
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post

He is also Rei From Free!, Franz from Gankutsuou, and Penguin from polar bear cafe. He also does a lot of princely roles.
Old 2014-10-15, 04:31   Link #1916
Slaine

While I can always see them being terrible creators and caving to demand... I still hold out hope that Inaho and Asseylum are dead. The truth is that the story would just be so much better and more original if they are gone.

Now, Asseylum actually could be alive if they wanted to pull it off. It would still be BS but at the very least she could have some plot relevance and add a little something to the show. Though she would provide more to the show dead honestly. Her story was wrapped up nicely so I don't know what this decision and her changing feelings could honestly be referring to. Hopefully it means she initiated something that impacts the plot after her death.

Inaho would be a massive asspull though. Like, it would honestly be blatantly unacceptable. Anime and the fact that dead people don't actually die.

The show would simply lose too much actually having him brought back. Inaho really just sucked out all the tension of every scene he was in and it was terrible.

I know some people like him being badass and that is fair but he made everyone around him, even seasoned military leaders look absolutely incapable of doing anything beyond letting him take the reigns. It was retarded. The fact that the Terrans are relying on some inexplicably plotshielded godmode 16 year old to survive this war is reason enough they should lose.

And with them both alive we get bogged down with more of the pointless Vers vs Terran skirmishes where a shift in focus towards Vers/the royals/a coup and later on reconstruction/peace/assimiltation with earth would be much more interesting IMO.

When I heard the clips, I actually thought it was Yuuki/Slaine talking towards their memories as well. They could asspull a coma out of it but this kind of story would be better served with some damn tragedy. Them being alive lessens the impact and repercussions of Slaine's decisions greatly.

Quote:
If I was writing it, without giving it too much thought or making it very complicated, I would have him act as a spy for the Royals and show faux-loyalty towards Slaine. Until Slaine wins him over. And then Double Agent Hark Light.

Last edited by Slaine; 2014-10-15 at 05:18.
Old 2014-10-15, 06:59   Link #1917
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post

Nah, Slaine will use misdirection to delay his fate.
Old 2014-10-15, 07:46   Link #1918
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Nah, Slaine will use misdirection to delay his fate.
Slaine would use misdirection to save himself, either that or he'd take out a broomstick and fly away.
Old 2014-10-15, 08:22   Link #1919
Slaine

Now, if Asseylum did survive. I would hope she goes through the process of realizing that her people fucking hate her and if she wants the best for her people/them to accept her then she needs to not be helping the Terrans resist the invasion.
Old 2014-10-15, 09:55   Link #1920
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaine View Post
Now, if Asseylum did survive. I would hope she goes through the process of realizing that her people fucking hate her and if she wants the best for her people/them to accept her then she needs to not be helping the Terrans resist the invasion.
1) Only Saazbaum and his mans, peoples like her hand maiden and Cruhteo are very loyal to her.

2) Her people except for Saazbaum and his mans think she is dead...