AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-01-25, 10:13   Link #641
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

More Comet delays
Also, unfortunately for any and all French readers of the Comet, that country is on top of my “will have to be destroyed” list. In other words, it’s my personal BETA chew toy.
Meanwhile, I’ve been entertaining other writing projects, and this came into my mind:
We already had BETA in AC 4 universe…but what about the Eishi?

Spoiler for AC:FA plot points:

I'm an evil bastard, aren't I?
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 10:36   Link #642
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
More Comet delays
Also, unfortunately for any and all French readers of the Comet, that country is on top of my “will have to be destroyed” list. In other words, it’s my personal BETA chew toy.
Meanwhile, I’ve been entertaining other writing projects, and this came into my mind:
We already had BETA in AC 4 universe…but what about the Eishi?

Spoiler for AC:FA plot points:

I'm an evil bastard, aren't I?
I have no slightest idea what that mean... but yes , your an evil *** bastard
MitchelJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 11:13   Link #643
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

...sorry, never played Armored Core. Any of them. At all. So this all flew over my head.

...well at least Malaysia should be okay. Even though I figure my main OC is gonna end up either NOMMED or shot during RLF arc

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 22:19   Link #644
John117xCortana

Was Malaysia involved in Project Prominence ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 00:54   Link #645
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

I think the only nation from COSEAN was the Garuda test flight from Indonesia.

I'd doubt Malaysia will send the RMAF Test flight to Yukon with the amount of military budget we have :U
MitchelJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 01:42   Link #646
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Ya know...I wondered about where the refugees live for awhile...

It seems the refugees just have to go wherever they can.

The entire Soviet Union went to Alaska...

Some European also went to America...

Does that meant that there's a possible chances that the entire freaking China moved to South East Asia and Japan(They are close)?
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 06:23   Link #647
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post

It seems the refugees just have to go wherever they can.

The entire Soviet Union went to Alaska...

Some European also went to America...

Does that meant that there's a possible chances that the entire freaking China moved to South East Asia and Japan(They are close)?
From what i read from the MuvLuv Wikia, China formed an alliance with Taiwan so it's possible the leaders of the People's Republic of China are in exile in Taiwan under their host the Republic of China. What an Irony.
Old 2013-01-26, 09:46   Link #648
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Was Malaysia involved in Project Prominence ?
COSEAN as a whole; they've got Garuda Test Flight, which operates the F-18E Super Hornet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchelJohn View Post
I think the only nation from COSEAN was the Garuda test flight from Indonesia.

I'd doubt Malaysia will send the RMAF Test flight to Yukon with the amount of military budget we have :U
It's not actually stated whether Garuda is Indonesian-only, or whether it's a joint COSEAN effort; for my fic's purposes, I've chosen to envision Garuda as a joint COSEAN force. The original CO was Indonesian, as was Garuda 2, but due to some... "issues", he got replaced by John Davis, an RMAF Hornet pilot, as the COSEAN powers-that-be, in a surprising display of common sense, noted that if a Test Flight is supposed to do OPEVAL on the Super Hornet, it only makes sense that it should have at least someone who has had actual Hornet time. Other members of Garuda include a Singaporean, Thai and Filipina pilot, non of whom have ever flown a Hornet (though everyone has flown the Tiger II, which pulls double duty as a trainer and frontline TSF).

At least, that's how I'm playing it.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-01-26 at 11:04.
Old 2013-01-26, 10:22   Link #649
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
From what i read from the MuvLuv Wikia, China formed an alliance with Taiwan so it's possible the leaders of the People's Republic of China are in exile in Taiwan under their host the Republic of China. What an Irony.
lol,Taiwan trolled an entire country several times bigger than its own.

But well,I can always write about how my character support the ground troops against BETA with a certain someone being in there.
Old 2013-01-27, 10:53   Link #650
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well here's a new crossover fanfic with Familiar of Zero, Eishi Of Zero.

In this fanfic, Saito is a member of the Imperial Guards fighting the BETA after the events of MLA until he finds himself in Halkeginia due to Louise's summoning.

I find this fanfic intriguing to read especially the latest chapter.
Spoiler for Latest chapter:
Old 2013-01-28, 01:08   Link #651
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Well here's a new crossover fanfic with Familiar of Zero, Eishi Of Zero.

In this fanfic, Saito is a member of the Imperial Guards fighting the BETA after the events of MLA until he finds himself in Halkeginia due to Louise's summoning.

I find this fanfic intriguing to read especially the latest chapter.
Spoiler for Latest chapter:
Looking good there.

It seems the author knows that Takemikazuchi is quite a....expensive investment.Not something you wants to use in a low tech environment.
Old 2013-01-28, 09:58   Link #652
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I'm sad. So little AC recognition folks, tut tut.

;^;

You know, I always found the notion of China and Taiwan joining up in event of mutual danger (i.e BETA invasion) to be utterly ridiculous; given how selfish and cutthroat the politics of Muv-Luv are.

Which is why Republic of China and the UFC are separate thing in Comet...although I do envision "Taiwanese" volunteers joining up with the UFC (a la American citizens in RAF during WW2).

Also, Comet dodged a bullet again, because I had to do a clean install of OS on my desktop, which wiped out all my files.
Old 2013-01-28, 19:20   Link #653
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
...sorry, never played Armored Core. Any of them. At all. So this all flew over my head.

...well at least Malaysia should be okay. Even though I figure my main OC is gonna end up either NOMMED or shot during RLF arc
well to explain. White Glint's pilot is the playable MC of AC4. And in ACFA the sequel to AC4, you the player which is Hibiki here have the choice to fight against White Glint or to take it down. Yuuya is the pilot of "Fragile" and is the top Ace rank #1 of NEXTs. And Cryska is piloting stasis, a super fast machine that can predict and anticipate your moves(fluff) and whose in game pilot was more machine than man.
the catch here is
Spoiler:

Havent played ACFA in ages so forgive me if i remembered it wrong.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 23:05   Link #654
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Shucks. By the lack of response all weekend, I guess no one liked the TSFiA story.

I suppose I'll focus on other things then.
Old 2013-01-29, 00:39   Link #655
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Hey, Tempy - sorry, been kinda busy all recently.

It's not that I don't like it per se, but something about your Gray Knights TSFiA seems off. I dunno, it just doesn't seem as engaging as Stray Dog or Noland were. Or Side Dish, but then Side Dish was all sorts of delicious. *shrug* I can't really put my finger on it. It just doesn't grab my interest the way the other examples did.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-01-31, 07:39   Link #656
sasahar17

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Considering what Isamu could do in the YF-19 he'd smack Leon's F-22 EMD around like a gag of meat.
Well, Isamu is one hell of a pilot with loads of actual combat experience and the YF-19 can literally break though Earth’d orbital defense network on its own, so perhaps it wasn’t the best match up.

I know!

Send Leon up against the Mayor of Macross Seven and her busted old Valkyrie. It’s just this old lady and this Space War 1 antique. He can take her (No he can't).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post

Quote:
Hm, this might actually be a worth a more in depth discussion. For all this talk about weapons, tactics and other such things, the refugee situation and humanitarian effort is one aspect of this universe that might be possible to create a compelling drama about. We’re talking about the displacement of hundreds of millions of people here, sometimes to a country that wasn’t on good terms with them before that might also be so culturally different. There will be food shortages, cultural clashes, resentment all around, maybe even rioting… We actually might get to see what the Red Cross, or whatever organization has taken up their banner, might be doing in the ML world.

What do you guys think?

Quote:
I'm sad. So little AC recognition folks, tut tut.
Sorry, can’t help you there since I’m not that big on Armored Core lore. All I know is there’s several different continuities and each one is more grim-dark than the last, and that AC4 is the one with the overpowered mechs that are turning the world into the desert.

How does it end by the way? As far as I can tell with my limited AC knowledge and Angrypokstick’s comments, you just killed off the hero and gave the baddies a free pass to end the world.

Quote:
Also, Comet dodged a bullet again, because I had to do a clean install of OS on my desktop, which wiped out all my files.
And this is why I keep backups of everything, including shoving so many documents through my e-mail to my beta-reader that it looks like I’m spamming the poor guy. On the other hand, redundancy is a pain, especially when I have multiple copies of a document labeled ‘Draft-Final-1’ and can’t remember which one is the correct one….

Quote:
Other members of Garuda include a Singaporean, Thai and Filipina pilot, non of whom have ever flown a Hornet (though everyone has flown the Tiger II, which pulls double duty as a trainer and frontline TSF).
As long as you don’t characterize the Singaporean after any of those jokers from ‘Ah Boys to Men’, I’ll be happy. I just watched the movie the other day on DVD, and couldn’t get past the first few minutes without feeling thoroughly embarrassed and insulted. I know the SAF is a conscription army, but there are limits god damn it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
Organization Profile - Grey Knights
Affiliation - United Nations / Private Company
I do have to ask about the PMC status. I’m not too hot on ML lore, but I always assumed that ML people wouldn’t treat mercs kindly. From the rampant nationalism and the way all many of the factions distrust each other, I assumed a soldier of fortune would be distrusted by nearly everyone. By definition, they are loyal only to the highest bidder, and this runs the risk on them skipping out when you need them to save their own hides or because someone just offend to pay them more.

The Grey Knights seem pretty idealistic from what you have so far. Perhaps something about the inception of their company is in order to flesh them out further.

On another note...

I was reading the gag article ‘Shipped off to Extra’ when I had a thought. For all this talk about people being dumped in the ML world from wherever they came from, what if there was a case or two that happened in reverse?

Instead of getting to enjoy their BETA free retirement in this nice pleasant harem comedy world with a possible personality change, our poor subject is simply the same person he/she was the moment they bought the farm. Not only will they have to deal with one very bad case of PTSD and seeing harem comedy versions of their comrades all-round every corner, their last memory of their previous world is the memory of getting [crushed to death/eaten alive/blown-up/vaporized/shot by humans/whatever is applicable]. Any thoughts?

Last edited by sasahar17; 2013-01-31 at 07:41. Reason: Broke up some paragraphs to elminate the walls of text.
sasahar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 12:50   Link #657
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I just went to the MuvLuv section at fanfiction.net and noticed most of the fanfics are about Takeru aka Bratty Savior going back in time after MLA to fix things his way with some variations.

Too be honest this plotline is getting overused. I would prefer something different or original like "What if Kirito and the gang from Sword Art Online arrive to the MuvLuv universe?" or "Master Chief or Commander Shepard somehow arrives and becomes Humanity's new hope" or "Duke Nukem arrives during the Battle of Kyoto and kick all of the BETAs ass and score chicks".

So i'm glad at least's there are fanfics like Comet, Tropical Thunder and Eishi Of Zero that are unique.
Old 2013-01-31, 16:27   Link #658
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Hey, Tempy - sorry, been kinda busy all recently.

It's not that I don't like it per se, but something about your Gray Knights TSFiA seems off. I dunno, it just doesn't seem as engaging as Stray Dog or Noland were. Or Side Dish, but then Side Dish was all sorts of delicious. *shrug* I can't really put my finger on it. It just doesn't grab my interest the way the other examples did.
See, this is what I want to hear. That way, I can either fix things or try something else. In this case, I'll see to focus more on Stray Dogs or try other PMCs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post
I do have to ask about the PMC status. I’m not too hot on ML lore, but I always assumed that ML people wouldn’t treat mercs kindly. From the rampant nationalism and the way all many of the factions distrust each other, I assumed a soldier of fortune would be distrusted by nearly everyone. By definition, they are loyal only to the highest bidder, and this runs the risk on them skipping out when you need them to save their own hides or because someone just offend to pay them more.

The Grey Knights seem pretty idealistic from what you have so far. Perhaps something about the inception of their company is in order to flesh them out further.
PMCs come in many flavors. Some are purely in it for the money. Others just seek to do things their way -- the money is just gravy. The UN troops in the story rallied with the Grey Knights because their shattered morale was restored by the reinforcements. It was more of just a blurb about Grey Knights anyways.

I don't think there are any PMCs in canon, so I have to this without support. You are correct, however, in that majority of people do not trust PMCs. I mean, who would trust the guy whose sole reason for fighting for you is money? Still, modern organizations play by contracts, and no one will hire a group that breaks contracts for more money. When you work for governments, reputation is important.
Old 2013-01-31, 22:01   Link #659
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Hm, this might actually be a worth a more in depth discussion. For all this talk about weapons, tactics and other such things, the refugee situation and humanitarian effort is one aspect of this universe that might be possible to create a compelling drama about. We’re talking about the displacement of hundreds of millions of people here, sometimes to a country that wasn’t on good terms with them before that might also be so culturally different. There will be food shortages, cultural clashes, resentment all around, maybe even rioting… We actually might get to see what the Red Cross, or whatever organization has taken up their banner, might be doing in the ML world.

What do you guys think?
Quite intriguing, and I'd say this would be an interesting aspect of the Alternative world to explore. Unfortunately, I doubt my ability to pull it off. Maybe someone like Kei, who took a short ME3 newsblurb - "Kal'Reegar dies protecting a comm relay" and turns it into a manly tearjerking heroic last stand (reposted here with permission by Lowe Gear).

Quote:
As long as you don’t characterize the Singaporean after any of those jokers from ‘Ah Boys to Men’, I’ll be happy. I just watched the movie the other day on DVD, and couldn’t get past the first few minutes without feeling thoroughly embarrassed and insulted. I know the SAF is a conscription army, but there are limits god damn it!
Don't worry; I'm basing her off a girl I knew... though my memories are about 10 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
See, this is what I want to hear. That way, I can either fix things or try something else. In this case, I'll see to focus more on Stray Dogs or try other PMCs.
In all fairness, it was up to your usual standards and quite decently written. As I said, something just didn't really draw me in.

...and yes, more Stray Dogs pls.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-02-01, 03:20   Link #660
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Quote:

Sorry, can’t help you there since I’m not that big on Armored Core lore. All I know is there’s several different continuities and each one is more grim-dark than the last, and that AC4 is the one with the overpowered mechs that are turning the world into the desert.

How does it end by the way? As far as I can tell with my limited AC knowledge and Angrypokstick’s comments, you just killed off the hero and gave the baddies a free pass to end the world.
It gets rather convulsed, and fast. Failed translations do not help (although arguably AC:FA is clearer then AC4).

Basically your character in AC4 ends up completely playing up to the bad guys (the Omer Science Technology, which makes USA of MuvLuv look peaceful and idealistic). And it causes a *lot* of problems.

Spoiler for AC4 storyline:

So yeah, there's quite a bit of plot. Whew.

Tags
fanfiction, harem