AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-09, 12:39   Link #1181
Warchef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchef View Post
Eh?

Please point out where in the manga Ichigo has actually hugged someone.

Or where he goes uber depressed because the girl he came to save doesn't remember him?

Or point out where Ichigo has ever had a speech telling the potential romantic interest that they met/were connected in previous lifetimes (sounds suspiciously like a speech in the manga).

If you can't give examples to any of these points, chances are you have a jaded view of romance. It doesn't have to be all smoochie smoochie and grope. I think Kubo likes their interactions to have a sort of romantic subtlety to them. It's not out there in your face like Inoue's, but it is there. Whether you want to see it or not, that's your prerogative.

I personally thought this was the best Bleach movie of all, not just because of the IchiRuki fanservice (or the IchiRukiRen), but because it proves that without Rukia or Ichigo, there would be NO Bleach. Their existences are so inevitably intertwined with the story, removing them from their roles would be like a whole 'nother story. This will at least silence the people that think Rukia isn't important to Kubo or the story of Bleach anymore
Here. There are 3, but I'm not at home right now and don't have the movie with me. There are a few more of that I'm sure. But yeah...
Old 2009-10-09, 12:48   Link #1182
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

OOOOOOOOH! Okay I get you now.
Old 2009-10-09, 12:49   Link #1183
Warchef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
OOOOOOOOH! Okay I get you now.
Glad we understand each other now
Old 2009-10-09, 13:08   Link #1184
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Finally watched the third movie, Memories of nobody remains my favourite though. Comments on this one:
a)the plot was predictable to the last detail, only from the spoiler OP we had a while ago in bleach.
b)Once again, it was nothing more than SS versus Ichigo the ryoka and him solving the grand case.
c)Nothing really changed in the relationship between Ichigo and Rukia, he had said she rocked his world back in SS and he just said it again.
d) I particularly liked the rematch with Renji, Ichigo kicking ass with just his bankai is a rare sight these days, Renji struggling is always good to watch.
e) Going through every supporting character's shikai for ten seconds kills the feeling of action, doing it once is ok but anymore makes it weird.
f) Liked the ending song, anyone know if it will be the new OP?
Quote:
without Rukia or Ichigo, there would be NO Bleach. Their existences are so inevitably intertwined with the story, removing them from their roles would be like a whole 'nother story. This will at least silence the people that think Rukia isn't important to Kubo or the story of Bleach anymore
While I totally agree with this and would like to see more of both of them, they seem to be amiss in the latest bleach canon episodes...
Old 2009-10-09, 15:59   Link #1185
Scarlett_Rain55

Someone should just ask Kubo Tite what's his favorite romantic scene in his manga and that'll shut everyone up.
Old 2009-10-11, 03:45   Link #1186
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Someone should just ask Kubo Tite what's his favorite romantic scene in his manga and that'll shut everyone up.
You think too highly of serious buisness shippers if you think that'll shut them up.

Some Zutarians still won't shut up...
Old 2009-10-11, 09:47   Link #1187
Scarlett_Rain55

I liked Zutara though they were much more interesting than Katang, but I knew they weren't going to end up with each other...>_>
Old 2009-10-12, 04:21   Link #1188
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Don't remind me... Zutara is the only shipping which I can't stand with whole my passion! Especially when Zutarians claim that it is canon @_@ I wonder what the hell were they watching this whole time!
Like cracks but being more popular than 2 canons' put together is just an over kill x_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
f) Liked the ending song, anyone know if it will be the new OP?
It was already used in the opening of the game so I really doubt that they will use it in anime opening.
Old 2009-10-12, 10:47   Link #1189
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Oh god, you brought something up I almost forget...
"That was a hint! They're totally in love!! TYING SOMEONE TO A TREE IS THE BEST SIGN OF AFFECTION!"
*Sigh*
I have nothing against Zutara or Zutarians but those who said it was completely canon were annoying as hell.

Back to the topic movie.
It was alright I guess. I awaited a bit of better plot (seriously there were holes! obvious holes) and something that wasn't so predictable. The score the best in my opinion. The way Rukia fighted in the end looked nice and the rematch Renji/ichi was also good. The end wasn't really sad (only the Kon crying for Rukia was emotional) The animation was nothing groundbreaking...and Rukia's eyes were to huge. I mean...I felt like they were starring into my soul *shudders*

I have a question what is the name of the remix of Number One played during Renji's bankai release and on which soundtrack is it? (Looked into Movie soundtrack but didn't find it) Please don't tell me won't get that version again. I'm still sad about the fact we wil never get the instrumental version

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-10-12 at 11:50.
Old 2009-10-12, 11:43   Link #1190
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan View Post
On another note, I remember someone mentionned it before, concerning the title of the movie:
"Fade to Black" would be refering to Rukia returning back to being a shinigami after Ichigo pierced her with his zanpakutou (as shown by the return of her Black shinigami robe).
This is constrasting with "Bleach" which was the starting point of the series, and when Rukia gave her shinigami power to Ichigo by piercing him with her zanpakutou (and remained with her White/"Bleached" robe)...I find it quite meaningful...well just saying
the title might have felt more meaningful before kubo explained how he got the title for bleach... the whole 'i didn't want black so i picked white, but white is boring so i picked bleach' thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
He came to Soul Society the same way Ichigo did. Urahara has his own secret Senkai gate.
except he couldn't use that gate. it zapped him when he tried after sending ichigo and company through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
It's possible that might've been the case had central 46 gotten the opportunity to properly carry Urahara's sentence. But that's not the case. Besides, even if for whatever reason it wasn't possible for Urahara to step foot back in SS, I doubt it would matter for long. Urahara a scientist afterall. Coming up with ways around stuff like this is probably second nature to him by now.
why wouldn't they have been able to carry out the sentence? it happened 100 years ago.
hell, they even flat out acknowledged that he shouldn't have been able to be there then promptly handwaved it with urahara saying "i've always know how but i'm not gonna tell you NEENER NEENER!"

Quote:
It's called Byakuya's Warp! xD
looked more like a Byakuya Blender to me
Old 2009-10-12, 13:24   Link #1191
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Oh god, you brought something up I almost forget...
"That was a hint! They're totally in love!! TYING SOMEONE TO A TREE IS THE BEST SIGN OF AFFECTION!"
*Sigh*
I have nothing against Zutara or Zutarians but those who said it was completely canon were annoying as hell.
There really was something like this?
So trying to cut her throat open was love?

Good thing I've watched Avatar when all 3 seasons were out @_@

Although the whole... "She hugged him! He jumped into Azula's lightning! LOVE!"

But yeh back on topic...
Old 2009-10-12, 18:05   Link #1192
Hov

It was pretty good, memories of nobody remains my favorite though.

I like playing as that version of rukia in heat the soul 6 btw.
Old 2009-10-12, 18:25   Link #1193
Divaa

Is it just me or does anyone notice the further away shots of Ichigo's face really tend to look oddly shaped?
Old 2009-10-12, 22:51   Link #1194
kagato3

I find it odd how people go on about how this is all Ichigo/Rukia So lets see how the male leads stack up from Rukia point of veiw. Renji, heart felt flashbacks to thier child hood with nearly no prompting. Ichigo, fond mmories of him getting his ass kicked after chaseing her down and repetely reminding her who he was
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2009-10-13, 01:09   Link #1195
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaa View Post
Is it just me or does anyone notice the further away shots of Ichigo's face really tend to look oddly shaped?
Yes, the faces were drawn a bit differently, I can only assume that, because they include more lines that way it makes them a higher form of art, but I'm no artist so I can't really tell.
Old 2009-10-13, 23:45   Link #1196
Warchef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I find it odd how people go on about how this is all Ichigo/Rukia So lets see how the male leads stack up from Rukia point of veiw. Renji, heart felt flashbacks to thier child hood with nearly no prompting. Ichigo, fond mmories of him getting his ass kicked after chaseing her down and repetely reminding her who he was

Lol, no comment. Can't believe there are people this much in denial.
Old 2009-10-14, 01:57   Link #1197
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchef View Post
Senna is an anime OC. AKA a filler character.

Memories was also the worst selling of the 3 bleach movies.

Apparently the Japanese fanbase's reactions to the movie contradict what you claim.

You apparently are thinking with a western mindset, when Western concepts of love and romance aren't universal.

I stated show me where in the manga or anime, with an actual canon character, has Ichigo ever done any of the stuff I mentioned. Hence why I said MoN doesn't count, because Senna isn't a canon character, but an anime OC.

But believe what you want to believe, it's your mind.

I just trust what Kubo and the seiyuus gave me
sales shouldn't be used as a interpretation, neither should the fan base

nerd rage is a horrible thing, especially when it comes to a girl that's not Rukia moving in on Ichigo
Old 2009-10-15, 17:28   Link #1198
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Once again visually this movie was amazing but it kinda felt like an average filler-arc plot...Nothing unpredictable quite happened after the first revelation of everyone forgetting...Ichigo was his same unexplainable power-up self and Renji bored and annoyed me everytime he appeared on-screen...The one thing I keep getting back at is that I watched the movie a week ago and don't really remember much about it..It was like I got hit with the memory-wipe bankai because this movie is kinda forgettable (Not that I didn't enjoy most of it, but it wasn't really that epic beyond animation)...Loved the fight with Hitsagaya though...

7.25 outta 10...
Old 2009-10-15, 17:48   Link #1199
KyokoAishiteru

Fade to Black is my second favourite Bleach movie. Well, I am a big fan of Rukia <3 but I still have to say that it wasn't as memorable as The DiamondDust Rebellion (that's so awesome with Hitsu-kun everywhere). The fighting scenes were great but the storyline was kinda strange. Love Rukia still. x)

@wingdarkness: Yeah, I know. Renji can be really annoying sometimes, especially when he talks, his voice is a lil' too harshy and it really hurts my ears. >.<
Old 2009-10-17, 16:52   Link #1200
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Frankly, I'm confused. When I remember how the Ichiruki shippers boasted about how this would engrave their ship in stone I was afraid this would turn into 1+1/2 hour of fanservice. But it's just a bad bleach movie with some nice ss-arc-flashbacks.

And wth was wrong with Urahara? Did he forget he wasn't a captain anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
1st movie is much more romantic than this one.
The moments with Senna really outweight the ones with Rukia in the movie even the hug.
And what's with that lame sword penetration that saved Rukia??
Agreed, the first movie is really touching and Senna is a character worthy to miss. I also consider the 1st to be the best while 2nd and 3rd don't even come close.

Tags
call out your name