AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode(s) 25/26 Rating
Perfect 10 106 38.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 70 25.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 13.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 31 11.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 4.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 1.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.44%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 3.60%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-08, 02:43   Link #441
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
I don't think he was admiting to 'falling' for her...he wasn't admiting to liking her in that way, he said he was attracted to her smile, the fire in her eyes and her dedication to her dream - things that reminded him so much of Rena. It was her being so much like Rena that got to him.

It's kinda like an older brother finding one of his younger sister's friends attractive. She's cute, fun, and can be mature as well ( ) but on the other hand, she's the same age as sister ( ) I speak from experience in that I find some younger girls attractive (in the 'hey, she's cute' way), even more so if they share certain qualities that I really like. Now I haven't acted on any of that mind you...but I didn't have a troll of a Grand Duke breathing down my neck and the fate of the known world in my hands for a night as well.
He says, directly to her face, "I was attracted to you" (in the Doremi sub). The actual verb he uses is hikareru. I'm not judging him and calling him names. I like Sergey's character; he's one of the most well developed personalities. But trying to argue that he didn't 'like her that way' is at odds with direct quotes from the show.

And also... don't date people who you got to know through your sister. Trust me, personal experience. Age difference aside, its just a tragety waiting to happen... too much drama.
Old 2006-04-08, 06:45   Link #442
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremalkinger
He says, directly to her face, "I was attracted to you" (in the Doremi sub). The actual verb he uses is hikareru. I'm not judging him and calling him names. I like Sergey's character; he's one of the most well developed personalities. But trying to argue that he didn't 'like her that way' is at odds with direct quotes from the show.

And also... don't date people who you got to know through your sister. Trust me, personal experience. Age difference aside, its just a tragety waiting to happen... too much drama.
Ah, not saying that you were thinking of anything bad of Sergay as a character. I guess I'm trying to determine just how high on the 'like' meter was Arika to him. I can say with certainty that he was very fond of her - he was charmed by her personality (which was the spitting image of Rena's it seems). I'll admit that he liked her, but liking her romantically is what I'm sqwaking about.
Old 2006-04-08, 23:28   Link #443
AnimeFreak9

Just finished watching the final two episodes, and I have to agree with Matrim:

The last two episodes insulted my intelligence given their cliches & logical inconsistencies. Nothing's wrong with a series being unrealistic, but good stories should be logically consistent within themselves. These two episodes seemed more "fan-service" laden than expository.

Below are just a few of the issues I thought were most egregious:
(1) Tomoe still surviving after her fall, despite the fact that she was de-powered.
(2) Too many instances of people being saved at the last second by an external entity.
(3) Why (like so many cliche movie villians) does Tomoe spend so much time discussing her past actions/plans before finally trying to kill the good guys?
(4) How on earth do a bunch of thugs and ex-Otome (no more powerful than an average human being) break into garderobe past Nagi's guards? Incredibly implausible.

etc. etc.

And here are a few questions I have - not really egregious, as I feel that they possibly have plausible answers):

If nagi is being punished by Mikoto, ...

(1) Why isn't Nina being punished for the destruction (& presumably, death) she's caused?
(2) Why isn't Asward being punished for the destruction & murder they've caused? Is it because Mashiro has forgiven them and not Nagi?

Unlike Mai Hime's ending (which I love and kept me guessing till the very end), Mai Otome's ending definitely was a let down for me. This is one of the worst endings of an anime series yet (for me at least).
Old 2006-04-09, 01:54   Link #444
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
(1) Tomoe still surviving after her fall, despite the fact that she was de-powered.
Good question, but after seeing Tomoe being alive I think it has more to do with comical effect, I mean seriously, the way she just fell back down to the ground.

Quote:
(2) Too many instances of people being saved at the last second by an external entity.
True

Quote:
(3) Why (like so many cliche movie villians) does Tomoe spend so much time discussing her past actions/plans before finally trying to kill the good guys?
monologue

Quote:
(4) How on earth do a bunch of thugs and ex-Otome (no more powerful than an average human being) break into garderobe past Nagi's guards? Incredibly implausible.
I guess you missed the part where Miss Maria practically owned those two Guards within a millisecond.

As well as the part where in the first episode Nina beats those guards easily even without a robe.

As well as the part where Shizuru kicked the crap out of all those Schwarz members before being forced to surrender.

Otomes are pretty well trained in hand-to-hand combat. Even the power rangers can fight well without their spandex to a certain point because they already have the skills with them.

Quote:
Why isn't Nina being punished for the destruction (& presumably, death) she's caused?
Not sure how to answer this one but in reality, Nagi is the one at fault and Nina as an Otome is contracted to her master. Nagi manipulated her.

Quote:
Why isn't Asward being punished for the destruction & murder they've caused? Is it because Mashiro has forgiven them and not Nagi?
For what?

For killing Cardair who raided and pillaged their village in the first place? Fia was well aware of what her actions would cause and knew they would retaliate in the first place but her master was too arrogant to realize this. They deserved it.

And Mashiro made a deal with Aswald if you'd forgotten already which you seem to have already. They help her, she helps them.
Old 2006-04-09, 03:11   Link #445
Conri

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Good question, but after seeing Tomoe being alive I think it has more to do with comical effect, I mean seriously, the way she just fell back down to the ground.
Unfortunately, it lost its comedic effect for me because the moment she started to fall (shouting that cheesy revenge line, no less) I knew she wasn't going to die. If they were going to kill her...it would have been better with a longer season that showed us a bit of her past and psyche. You can look at Tomoe wanting to play baby as comedy, but it would have been interesting to see why she was so inclined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFreak9
Generic, crappy guards versus nanomachine-enhanced, trained warriors. They can serve tea, change diapers, apply (way too much) makeup, and incapacitate soldiers in seconds.

Quote:
Why isn't Nina being punished for the destruction (& presumably, death) she's caused? Why isn't Asward being punished for the destruction & murder they've caused?
As SoldierofDarkness said, Mashiro and Aswad have an alliance. This isn't a show about justice, where everyone gets punished... This is a show about feelings and love.

Quote:
Unlike Mai Hime's ending (which I love and kept me guessing till the very end), Mai Otome's ending definitely was a let down for me.
Someone else who loves Mai-HiME's ending! I'm disappointed with the Otome ending, but I can't call it among the worst ever. While Sunrise did an unfortunate job with the plot, the characters are what make this series. They are still enjoyable, if a bit smushed due to time constraints and too many new characters.
Old 2006-04-09, 03:30   Link #446
Megablargh

I'm not sure if this was answered or not, but I got tired after 10 pages. Someone help please.

- Near the end, Mashiro says "right, Mimi?".. Who's Mimi?
- Right after that, Arika leaps into the air with the background picture of 2 people: the fat guy and the girl attendant, didn't the girl attendant DIE? after falling off that cliff?
- Also, i'm guessing Nina is gonna take advantage of Sergay's amnesia and start a relationship.. which brings me to this question. Did Sergay actually take Nina's virginity before? if so.. how did she keep using her Robe and powers? I thought you couldn't be an Otome if you did it.

Any responses would be much appreciated.
Old 2006-04-09, 04:00   Link #447
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablargh
I'm not sure if this was answered or not, but I got tired after 10 pages. Someone help please.

- Right after that, Arika leaps into the air with the background picture of 2 people: the fat guy and the girl attendant, didn't the girl attendant DIE? after falling off that cliff?
- Also, i'm guessing Nina is gonna take advantage of Sergay's amnesia and start a relationship.. which brings me to this question. Did Sergay actually take Nina's virginity before? if so.. how did she keep using her Robe and powers? I thought you couldn't be an Otome if you did it.

Any responses would be much appreciated.
Mimi is the little girl that helped Mashiro when she was in the desert... remmember she was the one who died right before Mashiro made the pack with Asward

Aoi didn't die she was rescued by some Artai scouts and the last part of the song needed to use the Harmonium was extracted from her (she's the one in bed with half her head covered in bandages)

He didn't... there's a line were Nina say's something like this : "You left the power with me ..." ... it means he didn't go throw with it... Nina's still a virgin...
Old 2006-04-09, 04:09   Link #448
Conri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablargh

Hehe. I wondered how many people would have forgetten about Mimi when Mashiro said that.

Mimi's short life. Episodes 12, 18, 21.

As for Aoi...that was a pretty big fall. Maybe she's a secret agent Otome? Or in league with Tomoe? The 'Fall Big, Never Die' club.
Old 2006-04-09, 05:30   Link #449
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It must be that she's Sergay sister or something, notice she doesn't even have a scratch left
Old 2006-04-09, 09:51   Link #450
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
It must be that she's Sergay sister or something, notice she doesn't even have a scratch left
....lol, so am convinced that all otome are genetically related to sergey..
because nanomachine contain sergey genes(somehow the genes of sergey is x-chromosomes)<-this is anime no inference can be make ...-_-" ,
blah just take this as a trash comments..

btw..i just wan to inquire..where is miyu?
will mai return to his brother side?

because this hasnt been explained in any type of media..
Old 2006-04-09, 10:04   Link #451
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Unfortunately, it lost its comedic effect for me because the moment she started to fall (shouting that cheesy revenge line, no less) I knew she wasn't going to die. If they were going to kill her...it would have been better with a longer season that showed us a bit of her past and psyche. You can look at Tomoe wanting to play baby as comedy, but it would have been interesting to see why she was so inclined.
True, but then again in this show how many characters have survived near death experiences and lived?
Old 2006-04-09, 11:39   Link #452
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendshipz
....lol, so am convinced that all otome are genetically related to sergey..
because nanomachine contain sergey genes(somehow the genes of sergey is x-chromosomes)<-this is anime no inference can be make ...-_-" ,
blah just take this as a trash comments..
Okay, trash comments they are. XD but that only cements that Sergay's da man! Slave - pffft ; Otome explosion - not even a singed hair ; only 'Otome Killer' Miyu drew blood (other than Nagi) from him and that's because she's MIYU.

Quote:
btw..i just wan to inquire..where is miyu?
will mai return to his brother side?

because this hasnt been explained in any type of media..
MIYU's off on her never-ending quest for justice and finding where all the SSJ-capable girls are. XD

And I think it's 50/50 whether she stays with Mikoto or goes back home with Takumi.

As for being explained....the coming OAVs should clear much of that end stuff up for us. About Nina, I bet if anything that Arika begged and pleaded her hair out to get everyone to let Nina off the hook so she could take care of Sergay.
Old 2006-04-09, 13:00   Link #453
Megablargh

Thanks for the fast response.. I can't seem to remember when Aoi was saved.. and if she did, arghh... how was Mashiro's response? Did they even show that?

And I think in the last episode, they show Chie running into a room with a girl in bed and hugging her.. was that Aoi?
Old 2006-04-09, 15:51   Link #454
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
True, but then again in this show how many characters have survived near death experiences and lived?
That should probably just apply to most anime and heck even most tv shows!

Tomoe isn't a complex villain. What she wants, she'll do anything to get. If something stands in her way, she'll do whatever it takes to remove it. I'd say she deserves a good spanking but it looks like Shizuru was all over that. In any case, people can fall off cliffs, be shot in the head, or fall from high altitudes and live. For all of that to happen in one show is something that could only happen in tv though. Otome is filled with cliches, but I can't really say it's worth getting annoyed over.

@Megablargh - Yes, that's Aoi. Chie even calls her name as she runs over to her. There isn't a reunion scene between Mashiro and Aoi. I can imagine the scene was a happy one with lots of crying though.
Old 2006-04-11, 02:59   Link #455
Sakuya
*Artist

Nina's pendant at the end resembles Arika's pendant. Could it be she still has a GEM? Perhaps the Pure White Diamond left over from the Ultimate Black Diamond? Wait nevermind, her GEM cracked.
Old 2006-04-11, 03:14   Link #456
Grees
Ehhh

Man, the Nina and Sergay ending was good, I'm a sucker for amnesia-start-over, sad and beautiful at the same time.
Imagine, Nina and Sergay lived happy ever after, leading a quiet life, disappear from history, while Arika get to build a nation and becoming some kind of iconic otome.
Only time that I feel sad that the show was over, kinda feel sad for Arika somehow I picture her better with Sergay.
Old 2006-04-11, 06:08   Link #457
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Nina's pendant at the end resembles Arika's pendant. Could it be she still has a GEM? Perhaps the Pure White Diamond left over from the Ultimate Black Diamond? Wait nevermind, her GEM cracked.
That's a good catch, it really does look similar. Nina is supposed to be in the OVAs, so it might have been a subtle hint that she can still be an otome in some way.

I really like Doremi's tribute at the end of 26, but wow was I impressed with Statics version. That's a ton of info that was very cool to read.
Old 2006-04-11, 09:38   Link #458
razi192

hmmm...i was wondering after watching my hime finally:

why all the characters in otome have their name exactly the same as in hime beside Sergey? Isn't he supposed to be called Yuuichi Tate?

anyways, as for now my hime was far more better than my otome in my opinion, if of course the OVAs won't change that, and i doubt they will (4 episodes are not enough to change the felling of the whole anime).
Old 2006-04-11, 09:47   Link #459
razi192

and anyways, the part with sergey and nina at the end sucked pretty much. Because during the whole anime its just clearly visiable that he was attracted to arika, and tried only to protect nina (so he loved arika as a girl for him and nina as his daughter) and after all this amnesia stuff they just put him with nina aside. This is just too sad, now that he doesn't remember anything he has to love nina as an only option for him. So it's like a brain wash or something, pretty sad actually and stupid
Old 2006-04-11, 11:14   Link #460
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by razi192
hmmm...i was wondering after watching my hime finally:

why all the characters in otome have their name exactly the same as in hime beside Sergey? Isn't he supposed to be called Yuuichi Tate?

anyways, as for now my hime was far more better than my otome in my opinion, if of course the OVAs won't change that, and i doubt they will (4 episodes are not enough to change the felling of the whole anime).
in most cases seiyuu not present in casting for anime for the orginal character=character doesnt existed, so to clear ur doubt..he isnt tate..

maiXsergey? i didnt seen it mai otome..and am very glad about not having them pairing up the sensation of happiness XD!
Closed Thread