AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-17, 18:27   Link #1
Freakman

Episode 12 [Ending] *Unmarked Spoilers*

I do have a big question for Gainax : what the hell was this all about ?
Even the ending morals is screwed.
[My take on it]
Hikari & Akari both disappear from this world, yet Hikari says she will return.
And Takeru keeps waiting ...
Hikari & Akari were both created as a result of Takeru and Ryou emotional unstability. Hikari was there to teach Takeru what it meant to love, and Akari was there to teach Ryou what it meant to have a family. [the final plot twist with Ryou was really contrived ]
So Akari goes away, and Ryou goes to look for his family.
Wouldn't the most reasonable (yet even then very predictable) option have been to let Takeru fall in love with Mari ?
No, he chooses to keep waiting for Hikari.
Some may consider Takeru's attitude to be "be faithful to the one you love", but in this case, it really seems to me Gainax is saying chasing after rainbows is a good thing.

I guess i could go as far as to say it doesn't surprise me, since i bet this is reflecting Gainax screenwriter's personalities
Let the fight begin... even though it probably won't start before it's fansubbed ^^
Old 2004-06-17, 18:36   Link #2
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, I guess it's related to the oriental view of love. one true love for one life-time. Anyway it's a better ending than what I have expected
Old 2004-06-17, 18:37   Link #3
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
Some may consider Takeru's attitude to be "be faithful to the one you love", but in this case, it really seems to me Gainax is saying chasing after rainbows is a good thing.
Takeru sees in Hikari what he saw in his mother, that's why he pledged his utter love for her at the cost of gaining her rejection. He wanted not to let her go just like her mother went away from him.
Old 2004-06-17, 21:26   Link #4
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
so no one died?
Old 2004-06-17, 23:05   Link #5
USCPharmacist

Don't worry, the terrorists will finish Hikari's job.
Old 2004-06-18, 00:38   Link #6
BLINK

Did Gainax happen to advertise for their next anime series at the end of episode 12 like they did at the end of episode 12 of Yumeria? If they didn't, then does anyone know what Gainax next project will be and any info about it?
Old 2004-06-18, 02:54   Link #7
.Rurouni.
Anime addict

Send a message via ICQ to .Rurouni. Send a message via MSN to .Rurouni.
if you look at konomini.com they have announced a movie I think. But Konomini can't end like this
Old 2004-06-18, 11:38   Link #8
Paiser

1st off Ending sucked I hoped better sucked
Alternetivly its okay...
Hikari and Akari disappear NO!!!
Season 2 must be needed
2nd Mari suks
3rd NOO... Akari, Hikari left!!! :'( ima sad now.
Must watch movie. Serious
Ruroni. Are you sure there will be a movie?

Last edited by Paiser; 2004-06-18 at 12:00.
Old 2004-06-18, 12:09   Link #9
Anthriel
天使

So ... the ending was just as bad as I thought. Well ... the anime as a whole was bad, so it doesn't really matter. At least I will remember it for quite some time due to one line: "If you can't kill me right now, say you love me!" That's just ridiculos. ^^;;
Old 2004-06-18, 12:29   Link #10
Paiser

um.. nothing like that happened
exept um.. please dont run away from me

Last edited by Paiser; 2004-06-18 at 12:44.
Old 2004-06-18, 13:47   Link #11
Pitar
Anime is a way of life?

Send a message via AIM to Pitar
Well if there is no movie or 2nd season to konomini than I can clearly state that the ending did not finish up the story at all, instead left a cliffy.
Also is there some sort of prelude or place where I should understand how the whole series decide on concept of 7th extinction?
Old 2004-06-18, 14:03   Link #12
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paiser
um.. nothing like that happened
exept um.. please dont run away from me
Episode 11, 20:34
Old 2004-06-18, 16:44   Link #13
Mephisto03
セスラハニカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
So ... the ending was just as bad as I thought. Well ... the anime as a whole was bad, so it doesn't really matter. At least I will remember it for quite some time due to one line: "If you can't kill me right now, say you love me!" That's just ridiculos. ^^;;
Sorry but I don't see how this is a bad line. Its very convincing and striking towards hikari. If she can't kill him why would she have the trouble of saying I love you and vice versa if she can't say it then why not just kill him and stop running. Your view on this line being bad is well your oponion so I won't try to change it but it was hardly a bad line or stupid one to say to someone. I'm sure many people can relate to this quote in some way or another with someone.
Old 2004-06-18, 17:12   Link #14
Paiser

Okay okay, Screw the ending. And let just hope for season2 or movie.
If any one can read japanese. Please go to http://www.konomini.com/ to inform us will there be future plans for this project? Just want to send a email to the director ending sucks.
U know wuts better? OVA. That would be nice
But, Most OVA is stupid shit and review over the season. one of the reason I hate animes.
Hikari left. Akari left. Im really sad

Just a note: If Takeru was so lonely in the begin with. He was blessed with an angel. His ideal girl i guess. And at the ending, he let her go. Wtf is that? Thats what made ending sucks. Especially when the main character is blessed with a solution that solves his problem in the begin with. Just makes me mad
Old 2004-06-18, 21:39   Link #15
dreamless

hmm... why everyone dislike the ending so much? I think it's decent, and better than I have expected...

I think it's a good ending to Konomini, and I don't know how they can do better with a 2nd season. The only way to end it better is to kill off everyone, but I highly doubt that'll happen...
Old 2004-06-18, 22:29   Link #16
Paiser

Ur are an evil evil person
This anime is post to be happy and shit like that. The distruction of the world is some peace of bs that the director put it in that i didnt like! If they killed everyone in season2(if there would be a season 2)it would be messed up. any ways i dont like the ending.
Old 2004-06-18, 22:42   Link #17
dreamless

Well first thanks for the compliment, I'm really grateful that you called me an evil evil person I've tried for 20+ years trying to get people call me that but so far you are one of the only few successes that I've made

Now I kinda wonder if you don't like destruction of world stuff and want all happy everyone together ending, why watch Konomini? Or why watch Gainax animes? I'd say watch stuffs like Gravion, Love Hina, Yumeria, Maburaho etc. etc. There are tons of all happy ending animes out there, and the choice is yours.

Anyway Konomini is just Gainax's "lightweight show" of this year, just wait for the heavyweights to come in, Re: Cutie Honey and Gunbuster 2 OVA. now if they mess up the Gunbuster franchise... there will be some random innocent people stabbing...

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-06-18 at 22:58.
Old 2004-06-19, 00:14   Link #18
Saber
イバー

Hi, i'm new, but i really want to voice my opinion about the ending and that is: I hope with all my heart that it is not the real end. I mean, i respect Gainax's hard work and their philosopy about life, but cant they just make ONE good ending!?
I'm not saying that the ending of the series is BAD, but it just makes the whole story wretched! Cant they just let Takeru and Hikari be!? And Mari, oh she's a good girl, but a annoying one (apologies to all Mari fans, gomen).
*Sigh* Konomini really makes me consider never watch Gainax anime again seriously.
Oh, and i found something indecent on Gainax's website:
http://www.gainax.co.jp/anime/konomini/gallery.html
Scroll to the bottom, look left...(WTF!)
Old 2004-06-19, 00:24   Link #19
Paiser

to dreamless: YOu evil person. I watch all of those anime any ways so HAH! Maburaho sucked. Once i thought about it. Love Hina ending was crappy too. Yumeria had decient.
WHY KONO MINIKUKU MO UTSUKUSHII SEKAI!!!??? Damn you Gainax.

Saber. I wish that too. Im just hoping season 2 or a OVA(OVA tend to be stupid) or Movie?(hopfully a good one) Just hoping the ending will be a fuzzy wuzzy. Since the series attend to be fuzzy wuzzy(besides the whole monster and the 7th exitintion other than that fuzzy wuzzy anime dont'cha think?).

Drank starbucks new vanilla bean drink and made my friday all better again
Old 2004-06-19, 00:35   Link #20
Saber
イバー

Yes, the whole series is kinda lame~ >< But i dun give a damn about human extinxtion, Gainax is always bluffing on that kind of shit. I just want Hikari BACK!!!!!!!!
But i dun think that the chance of having an OVA or movie would be great, what Jennifer said b4 the OP in the last ep makes the ending seem definite. Her tone just seem to like nail the whole thing down---no continuation allowed, no hope... *tears*
Gainax really gives me headaches.
P.S. would it piss the ppl on the forum off if i use a huge sig(like 600*800)?
Closed Thread