AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-07-07, 10:43   Link #21
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono
I can't use the search function in the menu at the top of the page, that banners in the way. I click on "search" and a menu comes down behind the banner. Is their any other way of accessing it, because this is a pretty big tease.
Change the Forum skin to the alernate AnimeSuki style. (Scroll down to the bottom)

Or try this link.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 19:55   Link #22
Rx_Fink
Cybernetic Wolf

Send a message via AIM to Rx_Fink
Question How do you use the forum search?

When I click on the search option on the toolbar at the top of the page in this forum, it opens up a little menu, but I can't see or use it because the ad right below it covers it up, it appears underneath it. In other words, how do I use the search?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-07-27 at 01:24. Reason: Thread Merged
Rx_Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 20:00   Link #23
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Try switching skins...on the bottom of the page there should be a drop down menu with i think 4 skins...use the animesuki "alternative" and that should put the menu's below all the ads

but in case your wondering...your not the only one with that problem and from what i hear...it's only certain ads that that happens with

I would search for the original thread...but i'm a bit too lazy right now

Edit:

here's the link for the main thread (or at least with 3 merged threads) most likely soon to be 4

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=13962

Last edited by Superchop; 2004-07-26 at 20:02. Reason: guess i'm not as lazy as i thought :)
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 20:00   Link #24
Tritium
doaho...

here's a url http://forums.animesuki.com/search.php? i can open it by dragging the link (i'm using opera)
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 21:32   Link #25
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Just open it in a new window with a right click.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 01:30   Link #26
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
Try switching skins...on the bottom of the page there should be a drop down menu with i think 4 skins...use the animesuki "alternative" and that should put the menu's below all the ads

but in case your wondering...your not the only one with that problem and from what i hear...it's only certain ads that that happens with

I would search for the original thread...but i'm a bit too lazy right now

Edit:

here's the link for the main thread (or at least with 3 merged threads) most likely soon to be 4

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=13962
Actually the total was not updated with each new thread merged into it. that 3 was sadly out of date. I was curious so I decided to do a more accurate count. This is actually the 7th to be merged into this thread.

Of course I'll never scold anyone for creating this thread so many times. After all, if they could search for the old thread, they wouldn't have this problem.

I'm starting to think that the Alternative style should be made the forum default to prevent people from having this problem.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 18:42   Link #27
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
This is actually the 7th to be merged into this thread.
Really? Wow...and i actually believed it was only 3 threads seeing as how the thread wasn't that long

but then again...it doesn't help much when this thread gets taken either all the way to the bottom of the page...or goes into the 2nd page or over where noone actually checks for it
Old 2004-07-31, 07:56   Link #28
cercia_highelf
Virtue

Move The Adverts!

Please move the banners or redesign the "search". Every time I want to look for someone, the stupid German ads at the top of the page thwart me. DO SOMETHING!!!!
cercia_highelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 08:10   Link #29
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Read this. It's from the Search feature covered by banners? [Merged: 8] Thread.

BTW, could you shrink the height of your signature a little bit?
Old 2004-07-31, 15:20   Link #30
Shadowlord
~DESU

I have that problem too, with every advertisement, the thing is, I dont want to change the forum skin, I like this one.
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 00:43   Link #31
xargon

advertizements at the top

hey not that i care about the advertisements but it i just wanted to know how i am supposed to search, everytime i click in search anything its always bellow the advertizements so i can never see anything and therefore no beable to click it and search, is this only me?!
xargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 00:48   Link #32
xargon

ahh, a few google search answered my own questions.
i now use this: http://adblock.mozdev.org/
xargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 04:55   Link #33
cabbit
Fish Tin Turtle Lead Soup

Send a message via AIM to cabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by xargon
ahh, a few google search answered my own questions.
i now use this: http://adblock.mozdev.org/
It's ok to use ad blockers but just remember, sites such as these are provided to us for free, but is paid for by the advertisements. Yes, they are annoying sometimes but they are required to keep the site alive. I suggest not using ad blockers except for sites that has very annoying flash ads and the like.

Also, how about getting some anime/manga ads instead of some ISP ads? They don't really help as I've already have an ISP! BTW, get ads from all over the world, especially the USA, as I think that's where most of the viewers are coming from. Well, I don't have access to your logs so I cannot say...
cabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 18:34   Link #34
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbit
Also, how about getting some anime/manga ads instead of some ISP ads? They don't really help as I've already have an ISP! BTW, get ads from all over the world, especially the USA, as I think that's where most of the viewers are coming from. Well, I don't have access to your logs so I cannot say...
If i remember correctly...i don't think they have full (or any?) control over the ads..so they just can't pick and choose which ads they'll show

although i do remember that a while ago there were some ads that weren't appropriate so they had them removed (i just forget how they did that)
Old 2004-08-07, 16:13   Link #35
outlaw55
Banned

Searching the Site

can ya'll fix it so it doesn't hide behind the advertisement
outlaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 16:20   Link #36
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

This thread just tells the Mods "Merge me, merge me!"
Old 2004-09-05, 21:40   Link #37
Achenar459
Hikaru no Go Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Achenar459 Send a message via AIM to Achenar459 Send a message via MSN to Achenar459 Send a message via Yahoo to Achenar459
can't perform a Search b/c of Flash Player Ad

at the top there's a list of buttons starting with User CP and ending in Log Out.

2 of them have drop-down menu's (Search and Quick Links)

the Flash Player Ad in the middle of the page at the top, directly under the Search and Quick Links buttons, actually COVERS UP the drop-down menu, so that I'm not able to perform a search at all, and can only see the portion of Quick Links on the drop-down bar that shows above and below the Flash Player Ad

is there any way to get the drop-down menu's to appear OVER the Ad, rather than under the Ad, so that we're able to use them again?

thx-
-Ach
Achenar459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 21:45   Link #38
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

This thread could help you.
Old 2004-09-05, 22:14   Link #39
Achenar459
Hikaru no Go Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Achenar459 Send a message via AIM to Achenar459 Send a message via MSN to Achenar459 Send a message via Yahoo to Achenar459
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenPath
This thread could help you.
~~DING!!~~
Achenar459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 08:28   Link #40
RobotCarnival
Headless Beast

That damn ad banner is in my way

[EDIT: I must be blind. I noticed there are already a bunch of complaints about this merged into a single thread, and I can't delete this one. Feel free to merge this or just kill it outright]

I haven't been here in a while (I'm on a slow connection right now, which sucks), and I really hate to make my first return post a complaint, but this is something that is seriously impeding the sites usefulness to me.

I'm talking about that ad banner hanging above the forums. Every time I try to click on 'Search', the little drop down box is caught right beneath that damn ad, and can't be used. I know I can't be the only one with this problem, and I know it's been happening for a while now. If I were the type who lacked all faith in my fellow human beings (especialy on the internet), I'd almost suspect that it was an intentional suckers move to get people to click that there banner. But no, I know this site is too quality for such cheap tactics, and will give GHDpro the benefit of the doubt.

The thing is, I understand that to run a high traffic free site you need ads, and that's not my complaint, nor is it anywhere near my problem. My problem is that there's a freaking ad directly preventing me from accessing a regular part of the site.

I'd click on it to get rid of it if that's what it took, I really don't mind. They can have my free click, and the webhost can get a donation of $0.05 to help the cause. But it really doesn't give you that option.

My apologies if this has been addressed previously. I would have done a search, but... well, you know.

Last edited by RobotCarnival; 2004-09-12 at 08:42.
RobotCarnival is offline   Reply With Quote