AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-26, 23:55   Link #2041
Vena
Carpe Diem

Its still a little early to delve into the writing evaluations in greater detail but I'd say we should keep our eye on what they do with Kagura and Zessica from here on out because we're likely to see the plot either pull off something brilliant or we're going to watch it trip and stumbled over the plot threads it created... either way, we'll be entertained.

It would be interesting if Zessica and Kagura defect to the respective other side... but, while this makes sense for the latter, I can't really wrap my head around why the former would do such a thing. The foreshadowing has been/was pointing at Mikono for a long time but I don't even know how that could happen at this point in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Perhaps Amata was born to Alisia on Altair, and his flashbacks aren't "Alisia leaving him (to go to Altair)" but instead "Alisia dropping him off (on Vega)"...
It makes the most sense as to his origin, to be honest. He knows the difference between animals, he has no family whatsoever to speak of and has lived alone his entire life, and Alicia is the patron goddess of Altair and the only character in his still rather mysterious background. There are too many *little details* that point to him not being from Vega for nothing to come of it.

Which brings us to an interesting question: Why does Altair have two possible Apollos? To which I have an answer~ish. Assume that Alicia is a descendant of the Sylvia line, then her child would be a descendant of the Shadow-Angels, giving Amata full capabilities in operating the machine angel and leaving Kagura to be the actual reincarnation while Amata is actually not a reincarnation at all but a descendant. Could go to explain why he has wings, but not why he doesn't smell like anything (for a simple line, it sure holds a lot meaning and mystery)... unless Kagura can't smell people from Altair for some reason? We've never seen him sniff anyone on Altair have we?

(If Amata is a descendant of Sylvia, and Mikono is Sylvia reincarnated... is that selfcest in some odd way? Also if Amata is from Altair and likewise for Kagura, then we have two guys from that one side and two girls on the other in Vega... seems awfully convenient. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
On serious note, why don't those Altair citizens just migrate to Vega? Almost of all them are bishi, and it will be super easy for them to get their "mate".
Simplest answer is because they cannot and that the same penalty applies to males as to females when going through the gate, and that Kagura and Jin are special (and the three stooges this episode got special protective make-up from Mykage to protect them). We've only seen unmanned drones for the nameless mooks. Given the limitations on remote control and how desperate they are, if they could all pilot robots and just fly through the portal, I'd imagine they would but the fact that they had remote models would imply that they cannot.
Old 2012-02-27, 00:20   Link #2042
Zuul

I hope Mikono will defect (or be unwillingly be taken away). Because it would make room for Zessica and actually gives her a chance with Amata.

My heart sunk a little seeing what happened to her genki disposition this episode because of love. So I don't want her sufferings to be in vain and her having an actual real chance. Not just being a foil. She deserves better than that.

This episode was nice, but I liked last week better (what could possibely beat NTRed Kagura), and I'm looking forward next week a lot more, there will be a lot of plot prograssion it seems.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 00:22   Link #2043
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
It makes the most sense as to his origin, to be honest. He knows the difference between animals, he has no family whatsoever to speak of and has lived alone his entire life, and Alicia is the patron goddess of Altair and the only character in his still rather mysterious background. There are too many *little details* that point to him not being from Vega for nothing to come of it.

Which brings us to an interesting question: Why does Altair have two possible Apollos? To which I have an answer~ish. Assume that Alicia is a descendant of the Sylvia line, then her child would be a descendant of the Shadow-Angels, giving Amata full capabilities in operating the machine angel and leaving Kagura to be the actual reincarnation while Amata is actually not a reincarnation at all but a descendant. Could go to explain why he has wings, but not why he doesn't smell like anything (for a simple line, it sure holds a lot meaning and mystery)... unless Kagura can't smell people from Altair for some reason? We've never seen him sniff anyone on Altair have we?

(If Amata is a descendant of Sylvia, and Mikono is Sylvia reincarnated... is that selfcest in some odd way? Also if Amata is from Altair and likewise for Kagura, then we have two guys from that one side and two girls on the other in Vega... seems awfully convenient. )
Actually, yeah, that would make a lot of sense in general. "Alisia"/Alicia = descendant of Silvie (or Sirius). The wings will be explained that way. BUT. Those children who were picking on him, there were girls among them, was this before or after Alicia left?

(Amata has mommy issues? The manga seems to strongly imply that he's into Mikono because of the resemblance with Alicia).

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 00:26   Link #2044
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Actually, yeah, that would make a lot of sense in general. "Alisia"/Alicia = descendant of Silvie (or Sirius). The wings will be explained that way. BUT. Those children who were picking on him, there were girls among them, was this before or after Alicia left?

(Amata has mommy issues? The manga seems to strongly imply that he's into Mikono because of the resemblance with Alicia).
I assume that was after he'd arrived on Vega and been left behind (we do not see him with any one, and he's wearing his rags and lives in the empty attic/room in which he grows up), he had actual wings that he ripped off (remember his flashback), and the kids found him strange and ostracized him. If he were just a normal elemental user on Vega, the kids making fun of/ostracizing him for flying makes no sense as they'd all be able to do random stuff too. But if he had actual wings, came out nowhere, and could fly, that's a different matter entirely. In fact, now that I've remembered that he had wings, this all lends credence to the idea that he may just be a descendant of the Sylvia line rather than anyone's reincarnation... (which also means there may be a Kagura-Aquarion form we have yet to see).

I've been reading the manga and it seems to be implying that but I'm not getting drawn in by the art style, and a lot of the emotion and feel from the anime seems lost somewhere in translation.
Old 2012-02-27, 01:32   Link #2045
EroKing

Holes are deep......

While the entire episode was pretty fun watching,

^This made my day
Old 2012-02-27, 01:33   Link #2046
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I have a different theory on the origins of Amata and Kagura.

I won't go in the details about whoever comes from Altair and whoever comes from Vega. There aren't enough evidence for even the the assumption's base to properly speculate.

Instead I bring up something from the original Aquarion series.
Spoiler for mayor Sousei no Aquarion spoilers:

If you didn't watch Sousei no Aquarion (that I assume are relatively few in numbers) then read the spoiler above at your own risk.

Anyways, in short I theorize that the soul of Apollo and Apollonius reincarnated separately.

Amata = The reincarnation of Apollonius
Kagura = the reincarnation of Apollo

That makes more sense IMO than claiming both Altair and Vega has the reincarnation counterparts of every important character.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 01:42   Link #2047
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

it'd just be easier to say amata = reincarnation of Apollo's good feelings and kagura = reincarnation of the negative feelings since apollonius and apollo are the same soul anyway.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 02:21   Link #2048
Thess

Also this episode:

Spoiler for episode 9:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2012-02-27 at 02:33.
Old 2012-02-27, 02:32   Link #2049
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

@episode 9

the sexual implications are FILLING my brain right
and im DIGGING the sexual dialogues in this show too
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 02:32   Link #2050
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Bros before holes yo!

Andy reminds me of a
Spoiler:
Simon from TTGL with 10x more badass

Last edited by FLCL; 2012-02-27 at 02:45.
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 02:45   Link #2051
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post

^This made my day
*facepalm*

The "translation" is funny I suppose but ARGH NO it's not "Boys before flowers" that's the title of a manga! It's "dango" (団子) as in those cute round dumplings, and the proverb literally means "dango over flowers," "practical over aesthetics"... The title of the manga Hana yori dango (男子) is a pun on this proverb.

(At least this was just a throwaway gag, not something like "La'Cryma" in Noein... I'll never get over that.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 02:55   Link #2052
Thess

More about the cards:

Spoiler for for copy pasta yum:

Where there any others of note? I haven't paid attention.

Old 2012-02-27, 02:59   Link #2053
pingva

Quote:
Where there any others of note? I haven't paid attention.
I like this kind of things.
Ace of Spades is Shrade. Joker was shown for Kagura.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 03:12   Link #2054
Thess

Was it a black or red Joker? It's important because, IIRC, black Joker is compared to the Fool (the one who does the journey, the non-numbered one who holds all the cards but he's unaware of his potential and theirs: symbolizing new beginnings, the start of the journey, etc) while the red one (the Juggler) is compared to the Magician of the Tarot.

Old 2012-02-27, 03:19   Link #2055
Zuul

Quote:
Was it a black or red Joker? It's important because, IIRC, black Joker is compared to the Fool (the one who does the journey, the non-numbered one who holds all the cards but he's unaware of his potential and theirs: symbolizing new beginnings, the start of the journey, etc) while the red one (the Juggler) is compared to the Magician of the Tarot.
I think it was black but I'm not too sure about it.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 03:21   Link #2056
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I think it was black but I'm not too sure about it.
Time for me to re-watch episode 5!

Old 2012-02-27, 03:25   Link #2057
pingva

Quote:
It's hard to choose a color. It was colored in red and black.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 03:31   Link #2058
hai_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by jix View Post
@episode 9

the sexual implications are FILLING my brain right
and im DIGGING the sexual dialogues in this show too
really aquarion evol has the most pervert speech this whole season

"i will digg a whole for you" or "i will fill your whole with my dirt"...
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 03:41   Link #2059
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
On serious note, why don't those Altair citizens just migrate to Vega? Almost of all them are bishi, and it will be super easy for them to get their "mate".
Basic Law Article 24 reinterpreted.

Sorry, couldn't get help get a good Hong Kong joke pass even if no one will get it.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 03:41   Link #2060
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
It's hard to choose a color. It was colored in red and black.
I just re-watched. It's the black Joker (the red Joker usually has opposite color scheme and the "J" is in red).

Kagura gets the most important card. The black Joker = the Fool. The one who trumps all.

Since I'm lazy to copy-paste stuff, I'm choosing this site to give a glimpse. Oh, it also symbolizes karma and destiny.

Tags
comedy, science fiction