Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-05, 21:43   Link #361
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Hmm, the back of my head is telling me, that this may be the arc where Tsubaki finally spills the beans about his relationship with Urabe, just out of fear that the bond they have will be lost forever. Granted though I don't he'll share about the whole drool thing-v-;;.
Now that's a possibility that I hadn't even considered. However, first he's going to have to get over the problem of Urabe's drool no longer tasting sweet to him. Seems to me to be: drool not sweet = no bond, no bond = no longer Urabe's boyfriend.

As to sharing the whole drool thing, well, someone must have told Matsuzawa about it, or are we really just supposed to believe that the plot of the movie is merely coincidentally exactly the same as Urabe and Tsubaki's relationship?
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 21:44   Link #362
Tenchi from ANN

Spoiler for Mysterious Girlfriend X Chapter 66.:
Tenchi from ANN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 22:15   Link #363
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi from ANN View Post
Spoiler for Mysterious Girlfriend X Chapter 66.:
Spoiler for response and further speculations:
Old 2012-05-06, 05:02   Link #364
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Hmm, the back of my head is telling me, that this may be the arc where Tsubaki finally spills the beans about his relationship with Urabe, just out of fear that the bond they have will be lost forever. Granted though I don't he'll share about the whole drool thing-v-;;.
That would then neatly fill the role of the "startling revelation". Good idea.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 14:06   Link #365
osorito

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Spoiler for response and further speculations:
It looks like Oka is pulling the string behind the curtains. If they break up she will have Urabe all to her self.
osorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 14:21   Link #366
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

lolol.. love the translators comments at the end.

"If this turns to be NTR i will RAGE" !!!!

^ +1 with the translators.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 15:08   Link #367
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by osorito View Post
It looks like Oka is pulling the string behind the curtains. If they break up she will have Urabe all to her self.
Perhaps she's The Oka of Oz.

I gotta agree with you, having already come to the speculative conclusion that Oka is the driving force behind the movie. It's way to coincidental that Matsuzawa came up with this movie plot all on her own, so who else could have?

Right from the get-go I wasn't too keen on Oka. She was way too disrespectful of Urabe's wish to be left alone in the beginning, and has seemed to be taking advantage of her ever since. So far, she's the only character in the manga that I can say that I don't like. All the other girls I could at least tolerate for various reasons (wait, are there guys other than Tsubaki in this manga? Oh, yeah, Ueno.). But humongous knockers alone are not enough to persuade me to tolerate a nosy schemer.

I just hope that the next episode is the final one in this arc, but I wouldn't doubt that it won't stop until we get to chapter 71, "The Mysterious Movie Production X." I suppose that after 61 chapters of no progression in the relationship between Urabe and Tsubaki, the mangaka simply ran out of [good?] ideas, and figured he could stretch out the manga at least another ten chapters by the tedious plot device of repeating the whole manga in the pretext of making a movie.

Last edited by FredFriendly; 2012-05-15 at 15:09. Reason: messed up my italics
Old 2012-05-21, 17:17   Link #368
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Just finished chapter 38.

This damn girl. What kind of an offer was that? Things are getting crazy.
Old 2012-06-05, 22:27   Link #369
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Spoiler for venting about Chapter 67 - The Mysterious Movie Production (6) :
Ya know, I really enjoyed reading this manga when I first started so long ago. It's had it's ups and downs. Some of the chapters I really got a kick out of. Some of the arcs were only so-so. But, since the beginning of this Mysterious Movie Production arc, I haven't enjoyed reading this manga at all. It's no longer a labor of love to read it, but tedious and frustrating.
Old 2012-06-06, 03:45   Link #370
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I think the arc is turning into one of the more interesting ones. This might turn into some actual character development, never thought I'd see the day.

What I like about this arc is how the movie plot already has so many confirmed similarities with the characters' real life that it's intriguing to think about what is a red herring and what could actually be foreshadowing. Tsubaki the last man on earth who's just dreaming the manga's plot? Urabe is a robot/AI?

@FredFriendly: what's wrong about the Suwano thing? She pretended to wash her finger and put drink on it so she went where no one could see her to do nothing. Is that so hard to imagine just because we didn't explicitly see it?

And how the fuc was he deceiving her? He doesn't know himself what to do of the situation. As far as he knows if he told her about her tasteless drool in contrast to Suwano's then it might very well hurt her. Ease up.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 05:30   Link #371
Asagami
There are no miracles

In the movie may be a robot (or something like that), but in the reality of course she is not. I am still thinking she is only a eccentric girl who loves sci-fi, specially aliens stuff , a girl who looks like a cat and that sometimes she acts like a robot without feelings. I think Ueshiba is playing with us, because already there are many possibilities about Urabe identity...

About Tsubaki, at least, he is all worried about Urabe's lack of sweetness, maybe his body is reacting to Suwano, but his mind (and probably his "heart") still loves Urabe. He should do something (like in the chapter 59, but more awesome) to fix this problem, yeah, but also needs be more cautious with Urabe feelings. I don't know, but I hope after this arc the couple strengthen its relationship. The reference about their first kiss is a sign, because it is more often than ever.
Old 2012-06-06, 08:58   Link #372
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
@FredFriendly: what's wrong about the Suwano thing? She pretended to wash her finger and put drink on it so she went where no one could see her to do nothing. Is that so hard to imagine just because we didn't explicitly see it?
What a load of bunk that is, as well. We are previously shown the process in full view of the production company, so why would it be any different in this chapter? "Oh, please wait while I go hide myself where no one can see me while I wipe my finger and dribble sports juice on it." Nope, I'm not buying it. This is just another one of the mangaka's cop-outs.

Quote:
And how the fuc was he deceiving her? He doesn't know himself what to do of the situation. As far as he knows if he told her about her tasteless drool in contrast to Suwano's then it might very well hurt her.
Duh. Tsubaki has his usual dose of drool, and:

Urabe: Is there something wrong with my "drool" today?

Tsubaki: Oh- Uh, No... Nothing in particular.

An outright lie. This is not deception? And, so far, it happens two days in a row. And again, instead of being open and honest with Urabe on the second day, he beats around the bush (and, again, lies) with the rigmarole about not wanting to continue his part in the movie. Once again, he should have just told her the truth.

You would think, after two years of being a couple (or is it more?) and 66 chapters of various situations in which Tsubaki does stupid things (including but not limited to keeping things secret from Urabe) for which he later suffers the consequences, he would know better by now than to keep secrets from Urabe. What do you think will hurt Urabe more? Tsubaki telling her now that something's wrong, or Urabe finding out later that he was keeping it a secret from her? And what if she finds out from someone else? How is that going to make her feel, knowing that her boyfriend was not only aware of, but was a party to the situation, and did not tell her?

On the other hand, Urabe has no right to complain about Tsubaki tasting another girl's drool. Sure, she would be perfectly justified to be upset that he didn't tell her about it, especially considering the specifics of the situation, but she, herself, is perfectly fine with having other people taste her drool, or she theirs. Not only does she do it on a regular basis, herself, but let's not forget Ogata-kun.

After all, discovering that Suawano's drool tastes sweet is one thing, but Tsubaki finding no taste in Urabe's drool is a huge development in their relationship, one which he should not keep to himself.

Quote:
Ease up.
Why should I? Like you, and everyone else here, I have the right to voice my opinions. And I think this arc has gone on way too long. As well it might be, you would think that this is the final arc in the manga, and something spectacularly climactic will happen by the time it's all over. But I seriously doubt it. All I get is a sense of impending disappointment (or, should I say "a sense of never-ending disappointment").

If, on the other hand, something spectacular does happen, and I end up being amazed at the conclusion of this arc, I will humbly bow down and offer my apologies for being such a cynical skeptic.
Old 2012-06-07, 21:15   Link #373
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Yea it sort of annoys me how Tsubaki doesn't just tell Urabe what's up.

Also the amount of possible foreshadowing in this is just ridiculous.
Old 2012-06-07, 22:51   Link #374
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
Yea it sort of annoys me how Tsubaki doesn't just tell Urabe what's up.

Also the amount of possible foreshadowing in this is just ridiculous.
"Hey, you know that nice feeling I get when I kiss you? Yea, I don't get it no more...but I do get it from my classmate. What do you think?"

Try telling that to your girlfriend/boyfriend...or even let's try having your girlfriend/boyfriend tell you that and see how you feel.
It's not that easy to talk these things out...especially considering how weird she can be at times.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 05:14   Link #375
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
"Hey, you know that nice feeling I get when I kiss you? Yea, I don't get it no more...but I do get it from my classmate. What do you think?"

Try telling that to your girlfriend/boyfriend...or even let's try having your girlfriend/boyfriend tell you that and see how you feel.
It's not that easy to talk these things out...especially considering how weird she can be at times.
This whole manga is weird. Sending/receiving emotions trough saliva? And even sending/receiving physical scars trough saliva? That just stupid at best. I watched few eps of anime and then kinda rushed trough manga without reading 70% of stuff just to see panels and what happens mostly. And really this manga even forgetting the art is kinda creepy. Unless they are some kind of aliens or other magic shit happens I don't get it. At first I thought Urabe was some kind of alien thingy, but then the classmate girl became an alien O_O. Jesus seriously this story can only be taken as some wtf romance trololo read. Frankly I dropped anime and don't know if I should consider continuing watching it and then reading the manga ... MC is a moron as usual and story isn't explained even in slightest.
Old 2012-06-08, 08:55   Link #376
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
*snips*
The terms "seinen" and "Magical Realism" might help suspend your disbelief a bit. Frankly nothing about Urabe's peculiarities are explained, nor why is her drool is not only psychotropic, but can be used to transmit and receive empathic cues. Heck, after more than six years, we have yet to meet her family, despite the repeated mentions of her parents. And at the rate things are going, we might never do so, given the cyclical (the characters are forever in their second year of high school for THREE years straight) way events play out (see Fred Friendly's complaint that we've seen the same variation of "pretty girl appears to put a wrinkle in main couple's relationship" done three times).
Old 2012-06-29, 17:52   Link #377
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

Guess I need to chime in....

I just finished reading all the chapter last night after i realized i really like the anime. and i agree and disagree with you guys.

Starting with tasteless drool... I think its a urabe problem. she is afraid to tell him so he doesnt worry about her (typical girl move)
Becasue as FredFriendly posted

Urabe: Is there something wrong with my "drool" today?

Tsubaki: Oh- Uh, No... Nothing in particular.

In any other situation she would get suspicious and taste his drool without permission so why not when he gives her that bland answer? I think its something with her.

I can tell Tsubaki truly Love Urabe but he is obviously getting himself into trouble with this new pimp daddy status he magical got after he started dating Urabe. I think he will announce his relationship to keep these hoes off of him.

Urabe is not a damn alien...Thats all that need to be said about that.

And Suwano is a bitch for messing with him like that knowing he has a girlfriend.

I hate this arc but i know things will work out. and im sure a kiss is coming very soon considering we just had a indirect kiss a few chapters ago and a close call not to long ago. i think they are ready but they are afraid say it. they use the drool as a easy way out. kinda like xtasy.....
crystalalien87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 20:14   Link #378
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
Starting with tasteless drool... I think its a urabe problem. she is afraid to tell him so he doesnt worry about her (typical girl move)..
If you are implying that Urabe knows that her own drool is tasteless, that's an angle that I hadn't even considered. Probably because I wouldn't have thought that Urabe would know if her drool tastes sweet or not. Neither Oka nor Hayakawa knew that their drool tasted sweet, because it was their drool. I think the same would apply to Urabe. Plus, there's been nothing that would even hint that it would be the case that the burden hangs on Urabe.

I may be wrong, but I think that Urabe's drool is now tasteless to Tsubaki, not because it is no longer inherently sweet (Urabe has not displayed any signs that she no longer considers that they have a drool bond; I venture to say that if Oka tasted Urabe's drool, it would still taste sweet), but because of him and his wavering emotions. I think that, if Urabe already knew that her drool no longer tasted sweet, she would know that the bond was broken, and she would make no pretense that it wasn't, i.e. continuing to perform the daily drool ritual.

Quote:
And Suwano is a bitch for messing with him like that knowing he has a girlfriend.
She's not the first, but will she be the last? And will Tsubaki continue to be an idiot and hide things from Urabe that are potentially disastrous to their relationship (if they even have one after this arc)?

Quote:
I hate this arc but i know things will work out.
I vehemently hate this arc, and, at this point, I don't care if things work out between Urabe and Tsubaki. Personally, as things have been going, I think she's better off without him. She should save her womanhood for someone who is at least worthy of her.

Quote:
and im sure a kiss is coming very soon...
But with whom? Suwano? Oka? Matsuzawa? Ueno? Urabe? And I have lined the candidates up in the order of probability of being on the receiving end of that kiss. And, yes, Urabe is in last place.
Old 2012-06-29, 23:54   Link #379
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

no i meant that her feelings is affecting her drool taste. like when she got mad about suwano picture in tsubaki pocket. and when he tasted her drool he felt a heavy burden on himself. maybe she feels a kind of emptiness where she cant understand her feelings with the situation so her drool has no taste? i think she is hiding what she feels honestly...

As for tsubaki what romance doesnt normally have a idiot guy doing stupid things with other women? i know a few but for the majority part the male lead is usually a idiot. Plus the show is in a way trying to relate real life relationships situation so i think something like this arc is needed only to build the relationship.

as for the kiss i only see Urabe...he had his chance to mess up and kiss another girl but he didnt because he wants to be with urabe.
crystalalien87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 00:31   Link #380
MAX_COLA_POWER!

You see? This pretty much proves nothing good comes from movies a-la Micheal Bay style (the movie style they're going for in the chapters recently). It gets in the way of the main plot.

Tags
romance, seinen