AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Science & Technology

Notices

Old 2012-10-09, 01:43   Link #61
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Well what does your blood test say? I had 2 blood tests since August, both with above average cortosid levels. The doc told me to take a break from work, or to resign and move onto something less tiring.

How am I supposed to even resign when I am a freelancer doing multiple jobs at once?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 03:51   Link #62
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Now they bring me in, tell me I might have had dengue, so they pull out more blood (after already checking for typhoid and malaria) -- this is due to the fact that if I did have dengue, the next time I get it would be even more severe
More likely.. Anyway, "Hydration" is the only cure for dengue that I can think of... with some blood transfusions to supply the addition platelets.

Antibiotics seems to have no effect.. I was wondering why our doctor was prescribing, Metronidazole, Ceftriaxone for one of our patients (he's platelet was around 58) but I think our resident doctors here could explain better....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
How am I supposed to even resign when I am a freelancer doing multiple jobs at once?
Elevated corticoids levels? Nosebleeds.... Anyway, you could simply lessen the work load your are currently doing.... I seems you are stressed or something....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 08:54   Link #63
willx
Nyaaan~~

Well, the results of my first battery of blood tests, like 9-10 all came back negative, as did a chest x-ray. They were thinking typhoid at the time or some respiratory illness. The test for dengue isn't going to come back for a month apparently, bleh..

@Saintess - Oi, I've never heard of a doctor suggesting someone resign from a job before
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 21:00   Link #64
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
The test for dengue isn't going to come back for a month apparently, bleh..
woah... patient might have been dead already before the result comes out....
Old 2012-10-09, 22:57   Link #65
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
woah... patient might have been dead already before the result comes out....
Ha, Canada is like that -- it's universal healthcare but service it's tiered by "severity" which is fine for our society, but sucks when you're the one suffering from lack of treatment.. If it really became life threatening I'd be in the emergency and be treated within a few hours .. Although I was the one suffering for a week and a half of severe headaches, eyepain and fever .. Overall, I'm still proud of Canada's universal medicare system most of the time!
Old 2012-10-26, 04:13   Link #66
NoemiChan
Banned

God, I had my very first death in the ward... The patient was already in critical stage (wondering why they didn't bring him to the ICU yet).... I did CPR for 5 minutes straight to no avail until the doctor call it quits since the family had shown signs of acceptance....

Damn... Peoples life sure is easy...

I touched the patient for the last time... I praised him for able to fight for his life for a year already... My God blessed him....
Old 2012-10-26, 07:37   Link #67
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I can't count the number of patients I've lost while on CPR. Doesn't even affect me anymore. I once lost 3 patients in the ER in 24 hours. One of them was a 27 year old primigravid mother, we almost had to do a C-Section in the ER but both mother and fetus died.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 08:16   Link #68
Pink Cow
This is my title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I can't count the number of patients I've lost while on CPR. Doesn't even affect me anymore. I once lost 3 patients in the ER in 24 hours. One of them was a 27 year old primigravid mother, we almost had to do a C-Section in the ER but both mother and fetus died.
I still can't get over every code we attend to actually... Especially when you have the relatives there sobbing...

I know as a doctor you have to keep firm and a straight face despite the tragedies you go through. But I'd think it's kinda cruel if you harden yourself to seeing people die in front of you while you're trying to save his/her life. I mean, yeah, keep a straight face, but I think it's cruel to pass it off as some common occurrence like catching a common cold.

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Pink Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 08:27   Link #69
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Cow View Post
I know as a doctor you have to keep firm and a straight face despite the tragedies you go through. But I'd think it's kinda cruel if you harden yourself to seeing people die in front of you while you're trying to save his/her life. I mean, yeah, keep a straight face, but I think it's cruel to pass it off as some common occurrence like catching a common cold.
That's true.. but we, in the medical field have to face the fact that crying ain't gonna help either... All we could do ( in my case as a nurse ) is to give them time to grieve while we attend to the needs of other patients ( work goes on as usual).... Some of us could assist the parents while others do the post mortem care ( which I did thrice already )...
Old 2012-10-28, 08:34   Link #70
Pink Cow
This is my title.

Quote:
That's true.. but we, in the medical field have to face the fact that crying ain't gonna help either... All we could do ( in my case as a nurse ) is to give them time to grieve while we attend to the needs of other patients ( work goes on as usual).... Some of us could assist the parents while others do the post mortem care ( which I did thrice already )...
I did train myself to keep a straight face already. But I do still grieve a bit inside. After all, I know what it's like to have someone close to you die, especially by disease.

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Old 2012-10-28, 08:38   Link #71
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Cow View Post
I did train myself to keep a straight face already. But I do still grieve a bit inside. After all, I know what it's like to have someone close to you die, especially by disease.
Same here actually... I remember when my latest patient died and her sister was crying at the corner of the room with her Dad...

While doing doing CPR... I kept shouting in my head calling him ( the patient )
" Come on!!! Breath!!!"... I really hate that moment, I think I failed in monitoring him that day..
Old 2012-10-28, 08:52   Link #72
Pink Cow
This is my title.

Quote:
Same here actually... I remember when my latest patient died and her sister was crying at the corner of the room with her Dad...

While doing doing CPR... I kept shouting in my head calling him ( the patient )
" Come on!!! Breath!!!"... I really hate that moment, I think I failed in monitoring him that day..
Yeah, I dislike that feeling too. >.<

This conversation is starting to get depressing.

Anyway, right now I'm rotating in the OB-Gyn department. I dislike OB-Gyn. I'm doing an outside rotation in a government hospital right now. And I'm sick of seeing and smelling nasty-looking you-know-whats. Primigravida teenagers also annoy me. While I grieve and feel for dying patients, I certainly do not feel for primigravids in labor pain. I must have spent too much time with the residents in that hospital. Lol. It's like no mercy to the patients there.

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Old 2012-11-21, 09:22   Link #73
NoemiChan
Banned

The Germiest Place on an Airplane? It’s right in front of you

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...203659951.html
Old 2012-12-01, 03:52   Link #74
NoemiChan
Banned

It's World Aids Day...

Facts and Myths about HIV/Aids
Old 2012-12-04, 11:25   Link #75
willx
Nyaaan~~

And .. apparently I didn't have dengue! So now they have no idea what I had! Yay, modern medicine! I'm being facetious but it's a bit irritating now that I'll never know what I had..

Reply hazy, ask again later
Old 2012-12-04, 17:05   Link #76
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
And .. apparently I didn't have dengue! So now they have no idea what I had! Yay, modern medicine! I'm being facetious but it's a bit irritating now that I'll never know what I had..
That is weird.. Sue him!
Old 2013-01-31, 17:28   Link #77
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

oOo, interesting thread. I'd like some input on a small injury I have.

At around early December, I noticed that my left wrist, around the circular bony left side, started to hurt. In terms of hurting/pain, it feels sharp and sort of like when you are stepping on a twisted ankle. It was painful enough for me to not be able to type with my left hand without have some elevated support. Even right now, it's giving a very very slight sharp pain as I type. I can't even rotate my wrist counter clock wise or clock wise without it hurting nor can I tilt my left hand to the left without it hurting.

The only thing I recall ever doing two months ago that could have hurt it was working out, more specifically push-ups and pull-ups. I did not fall down nor was I working out incorrectly, to my knowledge at least. Prior to the injury, I had been working out since September and had no issues that I remember. Right now, it does give that sharp pain when I do both pull-ups and push-ups. The culprit may have been those, but my question is, why has my right wrist not healed after about 2 months since my incident?

My mom said that it could have been gout, but the pain never got worse nor did it get any better. She also said it could have been me just being on the computer, but I've been on the PC forever and I'm not even that old. Any thoughts?

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 17:29   Link #78
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
This is somewhat worse right? >_>
It's more definitive. Your doctors didn't explain anything to you? Sometimes doctors are busy rushing around and don't realize that you have questions or don't understand what's going on; don't be afraid to ask questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
At around early December, I noticed that my left wrist, around the circular bony left side, started to hurt. In terms of hurting/pain, it feels sharp and sort of like when you are stepping on a twisted ankle. It was painful enough for me to not be able to type with my left hand without have some elevated support. Even right now, it's giving a very very slight sharp pain as I type. I can't even rotate my wrist counter clock wise or clock wise without it hurting nor can I tilt my left hand to the left without it hurting.

The only thing I recall ever doing two months ago that could have hurt it was working out, more specifically push-ups and pull-ups. I did not fall down nor was I working out incorrectly, to my knowledge at least. Prior to the injury, I had been working out since September and had no issues that I remember. Right now, it does give that sharp pain when I do both pull-ups and push-ups. The culprit may have been those, but my question is, why has my right wrist not healed after about 2 months since my incident?
Does the pain radiate anywhere - say, up your arm, or to your fingers? Try tapping on your wrist, somewhat closer to the base of your palm. Is it painful? Make a fist such that your thumb is on the inside of all of your other fingers, hold your hand out such that the thumb is oriented upward (but still buried), and then try to tilt your wrist downward (but don't move your arm). Do you experience pain when doing that, particularly compared to your right wrist? Or do you experience it in both?
Old 2013-01-31, 17:58   Link #79
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

The pain is only located in the bony part I mentioned. When I press under that bony circular bone, it hurts just like as it would if I was rotating my wrist. I made a fist with my thumb buried just as you said. When tilting my fist (with my thumb still buried) downward, the sharp pain comes about. Tilting, I mean having my fist pointed straight forward with my thumb buried and "rotating" it to the right and the sharp pain appears a bit before I hit about 90 degrees. Rotating left about 90 degrees does hurt, but not as much (of course 90 degrees is far as I can rotate without rotating my entire arm). Not 90 degrees exactly, just from what I can perceive as 90, maybe it's more like 60 degrees?

When trying my right wrist, everything is fine and no pain on my right wrist whatsoever.

I did notice when I put pressure on my left wrist the sharp pain comes about. In terms of pressure, I mean putting my left hand flat against the wall and pushing on it. Thanks for the quick reply too

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 19:03   Link #80
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Sounds like ulnar nerve impingement to me.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote