AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-21, 23:23   Link #2081
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
1024 per shot and 36k for repair i was almost dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Heck, I technically CAN get tier-8 tanks already (the Panther 2 and the Tiger 2), but the costs involved make me balk even now. And you wonder why I keep a fleet of tier 5s...
Credits are this game's limiting factor.

Every time I use a repair or medical kit, every time I use premium ammo (which I never, ever did until I joined MUP), I can't help but think: "That's X amount of credits down the drain... T_T"
Old 2013-01-21, 23:26   Link #2082
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I can still make profit at tier 8 without premium. It just feels like a challenge match to me. However, I don't really see the point of going above that. The only way you could be making profit or break even in tier 9 or 10 is with premium.

I know it's a free game and all, but...

They actually effect player's performance a lot if you ask me. Many times I'm in position that I have to ask myself "Should I use the repair kit now?" and that split second of decision costs me my life.

At least we have the tech tree focus week and many more events to earn credits, compare to before.
Old 2013-01-21, 23:31   Link #2083
Sumeragi
Banned

Just run a few Tier 5s. I find that I'm able to fund five losses for my Königstiger with a single game of StuG III.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 23:33   Link #2084
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
A "few" tier Vs?

Yes, I realize it's a particular obsession of mine, but it really is the sweet spot. Except for the ELC, which just causes headaches for my platoonmates due to how matchmaking works. :P
Old 2013-01-21, 23:38   Link #2085
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I'm just watching that the 3/4 is not enough to cover the money grind to buy back the IS, so I have to get more tier 5s.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 00:01   Link #2086
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
A "few" tier Vs?
I only keep two moneymakers: T-25 and StuG III. My Pz IV is for stress relief (derp~) and I have the Tiger (I almost always make a profit) and the Königstiger.
Old 2013-01-22, 01:40   Link #2087
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Credits are this game's limiting factor.

Every time I use a repair or medical kit, every time I use premium ammo (which I never, ever did until I joined MUP), I can't help but think: "That's X amount of credits down the drain... T_T"
However, you can also think of it this way: If you suffer an extra hit while your tracks are repairing, the extra damage you take is probably more than 3,000 in repair costs at that tier
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 01:52   Link #2088
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
The damage increasing isn't that impressive either.
It's not really the damage increase that you're going for with the 105mm T5E1 gun, it's the penetration that allows you to reliably penetrate Tier 8 tanks from the front. The extra damage is just icing that turns the T29 into a hull down monster capable of scaring an entire lane into lockdown. The T5E1 is only really anemic on the T32, since that gets matched up against Tier IX and even Tier X opponents more often.

Also, 1k per shot is the kind of figures you're gonna have to live with if you're gonna play beyond Tier VIII, rewarding accurate well-aimed shots for RoF. *looks at all the Sniper medals he collected*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 02:02   Link #2089
Sumeragi
Banned

When dealing with a T29, I do the unexpected: I charge and brawl.
Old 2013-01-22, 02:15   Link #2090
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
When dealing with a T29, I do the unexpected: I charge and brawl.
That works against a lone T29 who's expecting his gun to scare off an attacking lane, something I'm all too aware of having been on the receiving end of said charge

Charging works even better against the more powerful T29 variations, the T34 and the T30 since the latter tanks have even slower RoF than the T29. Sure the first shot will HURT, but if you survive that they'll take at least 15 seconds to get the next shot off.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2013-01-22, 02:28   Link #2091
Sumeragi
Banned

As those that platoon with me can attest to, I basically use my armor and hp pool to take most of the shots, allowing my cowardly pubbie team to follow my lead. I tend to succeed more than I fail, assuming those pubbies actually make the charge.
Old 2013-01-22, 03:06   Link #2092
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
It's not really the damage increase that you're going for with the 105mm T5E1 gun, it's the penetration that allows you to reliably penetrate Tier 8 tanks from the front. The extra damage is just icing that turns the T29 into a hull down monster capable of scaring an entire lane into lockdown. The T5E1 is only really anemic on the T32, since that gets matched up against Tier IX and even Tier X opponents more often.

Also, 1k per shot is the kind of figures you're gonna have to live with if you're gonna play beyond Tier VIII, rewarding accurate well-aimed shots for RoF. *looks at all the Sniper medals he collected*
I've been going through this once before. As I have no trouble penetrating with the 90mm unless they're so far away.

Also, my hit ratio is roughly 77% on the T29, so I'm pretty sure I have no problem with the credit earns. It's just that I can't just do blind shooting at place I predict they are standing or moving with the T5E1 without thinking twice about should I do it or not.

Now I have to wait until I have visual confirm from my ally first.
Old 2013-01-22, 08:55   Link #2093
LeoXiao
思想工作

So instead of working, I decided to spend the whole night looking at forums, getting bogged down in very fruitful arguments about politics/history, playing WoT and losing. Out of about 30 games played, I don't think I won more than five times. I started with 275k silver and ended with 170k. Things I learned:

- Internet arguments are horrible for the psyche. Always leave at the first sight of one.
- The Type 62 indeed makes less money now than it used to.
- The Chi-ha is surprisingly good.
- Playing at night does not ensure better teams.
- I should have done my work instead.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 09:22   Link #2094
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
- The Chi-ha is surprisingly good.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

On the other hand, this is Phontomen...

Old 2013-01-22, 11:51   Link #2095
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

my highest net profit I ever got in a Cent 7 is 14000, though I only lose money if I got shot to lower 50% HP, if I stay full HP or above 50%, it almost a guaranteed profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
However, you can also think of it this way: If you suffer an extra hit while your tracks are repairing, the extra damage you take is probably more than 3,000 in repair costs at that tier
I only use repair kit when it is absolutely needed to fix the track to survive, not because I afraid of losing money, but afraid of something like my gun or ammo rack broken and I can't fix it. (Cent 7 ammo racked = 22 sec reload )
Old 2013-01-22, 12:00   Link #2096
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Finally got myself conclusive evidence of the T29's "ears" having been fixed:

As can be seen, I had shot the T29 on the rangefinders with confirmed visual penetration, yet it's still at 100% health.

Old 2013-01-22, 12:05   Link #2097
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

they shouldn't even made those ears have a hit box like Cent 7 ears (shell go right throught my Cent 7 turret "ears")
Old 2013-01-22, 12:14   Link #2098
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
they shouldn't even made those ears have a hit box like Cent 7 ears (shell go right throught my Cent 7 turret "ears")
That's because at least the T29 rangefinders were part of the tank itself, though not connected to the fighting compartment, whereas the Cent "ears" (which in its case are stowage compartments) are not part of the tank but add-ons. If the Cent "ears" were treated as non-damage hitboxes they would make the side of the Centurion turret invincible

Old 2013-01-22, 12:34   Link #2099
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
The Centurion "ears" are actually storage bins - not part of the tank itself. If they made those "hittable" then the fuel tanks on the IS and T-34s would need to be hitboxes as well.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 12:37   Link #2100
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
If they made those "hittable" then the fuel tanks on the IS and T-34s would need to be hitboxes as well.
Fuel tanks are separate modules, so..... Fire fire!

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks