AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 231 49.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 12.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 8.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 11 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 62 13.39%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-27, 17:40   Link #201
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Just as I expected, although I wanted one more death...

Well, that death will probably occur, in the aftermath.
Old 2007-09-27, 17:45   Link #202
Rembr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
やっぱりうそだったんじゃないですか… - So it wasn't a lie...
'So it was a lie' would be the correct translation here, and that is what she said.
Old 2007-09-27, 17:45   Link #203
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
西園寺さんの言ってる事、本当かどうか…確かめさせてください。 - Let me check if what you say is true or not.
*swoosh* *stab* *gakku*
やっぱりうそだったんじゃないですか… - So it wasn't a lie...
中にだれもいませんよ。 - There is noone inside.

Note that the last line is said in a higher, almost mocking tone, as if she was saying "Nobody is inside now."
やっぱりうそだったんじゃないですか

I read this more as "Wasn't it a lie, just as I expected ?"

and the last line was more of a confirmation.
Old 2007-09-27, 17:45   Link #204
changeup

The Kanji of Makoto's name actually means "honesty"...

Makoto was honest about his own desire through the story, this is for sure...

As for Sekai, she grew up from a single-parent family, and she longs for paternal love. I doubt that Makoto might appear like what Sekai wants for her father, so she has a natural crush on him. For Kotonoha, since she is too perfect (rich family, bumpy body, pretty face and high mark on class), she had absolutely no friends in the school. Naturally she felt for the first guy who actually approached her...
Old 2007-09-27, 17:48   Link #205
changeup

Well, it is actually:

See, as I have expected, this is a lie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
やっぱりうそだったんじゃないですか

I read this more as "Wasn't it a lie, just as I expected ?"

and the last line was more of a confirmation.
Old 2007-09-27, 17:52   Link #206
changeup

Ok, now I have downloaded the episode. And I will come back after I finish it...
Old 2007-09-27, 17:54   Link #207
cyth
Banned

Uhh, yeah, thanks for correcting me. Sorry for the mess-up. This could've ended very badly. I believe what I said earlier doesn't change. She was most likely not in the state of mind to make a rational observation, mostly because of the size of the fetus.
Old 2007-09-27, 18:12   Link #208
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I doubt that the pregnancy was fake/imaginery. If I recall correctly it can be triggered by a heavy desire to have a baby or maybe even afraid of having a baby. Sekai demonstrated none of this. She was depressed about Makoto and then started wondering why the hell she wasn't having her period and throwing up.

If that's the case and she notices that she missed that then the baby still wouldn't be developed at all or enough to be observed by Kotonoha's unconventional methods...I mean geeze haven't they ever heard of a pregnancy test?
Old 2007-09-27, 18:22   Link #209
Goldmember
Digital Bullet

Have you seen that at the very last end of that episode, we have special guests from Summerdays hentai game?

The sister of Otome.
The twin girls.
The girl blue haired.

So it appears it's a new school year which begins?

Strange...
Old 2007-09-27, 18:26   Link #210
changeup

Kotonoha was very insane towards the end of the story. Her words cannot be taken for objective evidence at all.

Actually I think Kotonoha was never normal after being raped. Her appearing normal at Christmas Eve was only because she got Makoto back, so she was in another berserk mode (the desire to keep Makoto aside, forever). She certainly turned into a monster after seeing Makoto again robbed away from her by Sekai (this time forever)......
Old 2007-09-27, 19:36   Link #211
hipeach

GREAT GREAT FANTASTIC ENDING!!! The mutilation of Makoto is fun, but the best part is definitely how Kotonoha cutting open Sekai's abdomen to pluck out the fetus, with the great sound effects, simply FANTASTIC!!! And the Nice Boat in the end is simply genius

Now Makoto and Sekai got what they deserved, the only thing lacking is we don't see Setsuna getting her deserved bloody murder, oh well maybe Kotonoha is sailing to France with that Nice Boat and will find and mutilate Setsuna there, then it will be a PERFECT ending. Right now it's just excellent, not perfect for me. Maybe they can show Setsuna's deserved murder at Kotonoha's hands in a OVA
Old 2007-09-27, 19:41   Link #212
Goldmember
Digital Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
GREAT GREAT FANTASTIC ENDING!!! The mutilation of Makoto is fun, but the best part is definitely how Kotonoha cutting open Sekai's abdomen to pluck out the fetus, with the great sound effects, simply FANTASTIC!!! And the Nice Boat in the end is simply genius

Now Makoto and Sekai got what they deserved, the only thing lacking is we don't see Setsuna getting her deserved bloody murder, oh well maybe Kotonoha is sailing to France with that Nice Boat and will find and mutilate Setsuna there, then it will be a PERFECT ending. Right now it's just excellent, not perfect for me. Maybe they can show Setsuna's deserved murder at Kotonoha's hands in a OVA
You're right dude.
I totally agree.
But Setsuna will kill Kotonoha.

And Setsuna is the real winner in that series.

Setsuna I love you (particulary during the summer). If you want my cell phone number in France...
Old 2007-09-27, 19:50   Link #213
billythecat

i had to watch the whole series over again to get the confusion out of the way.

first of all makoto was always honest with his feeling but just confused on what to do because he is a teenager.

And that Sekai is a total BITCH

in the anime plot setsuna first meets Makoto(forget about Otome for a minute).

He helps her after his friend pick on her an then he loosy susports her. Then Sekai makes out likes shes cupid and appears to get infomation on him for setsuna. But setsuna plays dumb like most anime characters. Then when setsuna has a chance to get close to Makoto Sekai chopblocks her and get close to him. Then Sekai as we see in the flashback crazy seen that she uses Kotonoha as a way to get close to Makoto. then she sleeps with him behind kotonoha back. (possibly pretending to be pregnent)

All the sex capades have their meaning if you watch the show over again especially hikaru and otome. ( sidenote Otome duping Makoto was stupid because she said she did not care who he was with as long as he saw her as a women)

His death was sick but it showed Sekai was a crazy bitch.(do think he deserved being killed)

On that note I thing Sekai deserved what she got because she was playing with peoples heads. First being friends with kotonoha geting her a boyfriend then taking him away then killing the only love of kotonoha life. getting in the way of setsuna love.
Old 2007-09-27, 19:51   Link #214
cf18
Mecha Pilot

WTFBBQ no wonder they had to delay/cancel it even on a midnight slot. So this is like combining two bloody game endings and make it worst? The 'action' scenes also looks a bit off. May be they cut some direct cutting scenes, on top making everyone spill black blood.

The real surprise to me is Makoto didn't appear to sleep with Kotonoha after the kiss scene, instead send her to taxi. May be he really treated her as the special one instead of another sex toy.

LOL at the nice boat at the end...
Old 2007-09-27, 19:56   Link #215
hipeach

Just heard that the TV version is CENSORED, they've censored explicit scenes of Sekai's abdomen being cut open, that's frustrating

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
This is only an anime, so it doesn't matter if a character dies...because it's just a fictional character...why'd you think people would apply the same to real life?

Cheaters shouldn't get away with it, but not die.

In any case, I felt that Kotonoha killing Sekai was really unnecessary, although Makoto's death was consistent with the buildup. So I have mixed feelings on this.
HUH? What are you talking about? Sekai deserves to die at Kotonoha's hands as much as, if not more so than Makoto deserving to die at Sekai's hands! It's absolutely consistent and necessary and fantastic to see Kotonoha cutting open Sekai to pluck out the fetus!

Of course I'm not saying in real world such a backstabbing psycho bitch like Sekai should just get murdered, but we are talking about fictional characters here
Old 2007-09-27, 19:56   Link #216
othic
rhymes w/but isn't gothic

Spoiler for being safe with spoiler:

I actually threw up what i was eating when i saw the boat scene. I gave this a perfect 10 because of that.
Old 2007-09-27, 20:06   Link #217
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
HUH? What are you talking about? Sekai deserves to die at Kotonoha's hands as much as, if not more so than Makoto deserving to die at Sekai's hands!
Oh absolutely. Makoto betrayed Sekai, so Sekai killed him. Sekai betrayed Kotonoha, so Kotonoha killed her. Sounds perfect to me. I wanted Sekai to die as much as Makoto.

Like the Ep 11 insert song said - 裏切りはいつかかえる !
Old 2007-09-27, 20:12   Link #218
Goldmember
Digital Bullet

So Sekai blocks Setsuna true feelings from the beginning like she will do later with Kotonoha's feelings.
She is totally like Makoto at the end and has to die too.

I'm glad she's dead.
And Kotonoha (in her berserk mode) is unbelievable, it's evident that Sekai was really pregnant but she has never officially verified it with a pregnance test.

I catched a cold in the back with that scenario.

So horrorfull.

In my opinion, if Overflow scumbagz have little grey material in their brain, they should put in the DVD of the next year some special scenes which will explain the unexplained scenes of SD (With Hikary, the murder of Sekai...) and maybe a special uncensored final episode.

Hope?
Old 2007-09-27, 20:13   Link #219
Kristen
*Author

OK, I saw it. That was not a good ending for me. That was just sickening. Maybe have Makoto killed, and that's it, or have Kotonoha kill Sekai. But both and the rate that they did it was b.a.d.

While this had what I wanted in it, it disgusted me. I'm going to forget this episode and replace it with a "Kotonoha attempts to kill Sekai, fails, and goes to jail. Makoto becomes loyal to Sekai and she has a child."
Old 2007-09-27, 20:29   Link #220
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Holy EFFIN COW! This is some sick @$$ $#!+. I've never tolerated Makoto's insolent behavior! The bastard's a prick! But never would I wish his fate on anybody but the most brutal of murderers. I thought Elfen Lied and Narutaru were horrific, but this is seriously the most disturbing anime I've seen yet! This is being deleted from my Macintosh HD! Man, the things Kotonoha endures...only for this! Damn!
Closed Thread