AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-04-07, 12:27   Link #101
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Oh, with the symbolisms and allusions it had it was very good for a Manchurian action flick.

...Oh crap, I just said it is nothing like Bleach...
I hear ya
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 19:43   Link #102
Gin
*Artist

So what are the chances of Incarnate getting a movie adaptation after this? They could use all the same actors.
Old 2010-04-08, 19:58   Link #103
Baragan

Am i the only one who thinks sylar from heroes is best suited 2 act as aizen i mean their profile matches
Baragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 22:45   Link #104
(QQ)wertyasdf
'

Hollywood trash should never touch Bleach. Why didn't the fucks pick naruto instead.
(QQ)wertyasdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 23:33   Link #105
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by (QQ)wertyasdf View Post
Hollywood trash should never touch Bleach. Why didn't the fucks pick naruto instead.
perhaps they tried and got turned down or aren't as close to making a deal.
Old 2010-04-09, 20:05   Link #106
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by (QQ)wertyasdf View Post
I think they consider Naruto too for kids, although I don't know why that would stop them, cuz in the US kid's movies make a ton of money. The last Air Bender comes out soon. It will be number one for many weeks I am sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Was watching this martial arts movie called The Storm Warriors yesterday . Basically a mish-mash of DB/LOR/CTHDragon . But the opening sequence made me think this is how Senbonzakura would look , the Senkei part . I hope they use similar CG for the movie .

Bad ass! Hollywood can do this type of thing and make it work, they for one have the money. The problem is the people who run Hollywood are a bunch of Shmucks if you get my drift. They get too cought up in cutting corners and then they have a crap movie that they hype up with T.V. comercials and it flops. I live in Los Angeles, I know some people who work in the industry. More T.V. than movies, but still I talk to them about these types of things all the time. Sometimes, studios want things to flop so they cn claim a loss on their taxes. It all depends on who wants this movie and for what reason. If a director is a fan of Bleach and wants to do it justice (and if his name holds enough wieght) it could actually be done great.

They should cast a lot of Japanese actors that will give it some credability. I would like to see Ken Watanabe as Isshin Kurosaki, or as one of the captains. Also Takeshi Kaneshiro (house of flying daggers) as Byakuya, and Hiroyuki Sanada (who did a great job in the last samurai) is a great actor I'de love to see him in it. Plus you also have a lot of Chinese actors who would be great. Ziyi Zhang as Soi Fong! I would so love that! Also Michelle Yeoh as Unohana. Come on Hollywood! Make it good if you're gonna do it!

Last edited by MAQI; 2010-04-11 at 21:06.
MAQI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 21:43   Link #107
Im_A_MoP

Well, if a bleach movie does get made I hope it is based on the manga and not the anime bcuz i would h8 to see fillers in a movie. AND, the actors need to at least look like the characters unlike tht db movie. Tht means tht most of the cast can't really b asian cuz in bleach only a few ppl actually look asian. It seems to b more of an americanish(diverse) cast of characters.
Im_A_MoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 21:25   Link #108
Boo Radley

I think it would be cool for there to be a Bleach movie but they cast and directors have to be devoted or else it will look corny and crappy like DBE evolution.
Adaptaion can be made with the right people like Sin City which followed the panels almost directly but at the same time if not followed correctly the adaptation be can be terrible and shame the name forever....

My only hope is for Chad to be Mexican and Ichigo Asian. Following nationalities and ethnicities is important in my opinion, The Last Airbender will hopefully be a way for producers to see all the hate about the "racebending" for future adaptations.
Boo Radley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 21:40   Link #109
kitten320

I really don't get the whole racebending problem... just show me atleast one character that looks asian in Bleach?

The only ones that I can come up with are Soi Fon and Gin.

I really don't see how Rukia with those huge eyes can be asian... It is animes fault that they make characters look europine like. If they drew them asian like, than I would understand the complaints.
Old 2010-04-25, 22:01   Link #110
Boo Radley

Tatsuki, Orihime (shes supposed to have carmel-brown hair), Keigo, Mizuiro, Uryuu and Ichigo. There are cultural differences in Japan because of Ichigo's hair colour people beat up but it was implied Ichigo looks Asian, his hair doesn't. Plus the plot is in Japan, would it not make sense for the characters to be Japanese?

I agree that the characters have unique traits but it's a manga, they aren't always supposed to look realistic to the populations common phenotypes. People can have unique phaenotypes as well though, Ichigo seems to be of that case.
Old 2010-04-25, 22:06   Link #111
kitten320

I will really laugh when people will start to say "He looks just like the character" when we see no similarities yet the actor is Asian.
Old 2010-04-25, 22:11   Link #112
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I really don't get the whole racebending problem... just show me atleast one character that looks asian in Bleach?

The only ones that I can come up with are Soi Fon and Gin.

I really don't see how Rukia with those huge eyes can be asian... It is animes fault that they make characters look europine like. If they drew them asian like, than I would understand the complaints.
Well Yamamoto, Renji, Ikkaku, Yumichika, Tatsuki, Hisagi, Iba, Nanao, Risa, Ishida, all 4 Kuchikis, Mayuri (without makeup), Nemu, Shunsui, Kaien, Kuukaku, all the shibas and Isshin, Unohana, and Hanatarou all look drawn as of Asian genealogy to me. Thats just my opinion though. I know a lot of people disagree with me on race in bleach, hell I've even been called a raciest for saying Yourichi and one of the Visards are black, so far be it for me to give my opinion on the subject... Thats just how I see things.
Old 2010-04-25, 22:17   Link #113
kitten320

But they all have huge eyes 0_0

Yoruichi is not BLACK????!!!!
Old 2010-04-25, 22:44   Link #114
Boo Radley

Whether she is a cat or human Yoruichi is black.
It's not racist, she truthfully does have a darker skin pallor.
Whose the Vaizard you're talking about MAQI?
Old 2010-04-25, 23:21   Link #115
Gin
*Artist

I always thought of Yoruichi as more Egyptian than Black or Asian. It fits with her cat powers, since Egyptians worshiped cats.
Old 2010-04-25, 23:23   Link #116
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
But they all have huge eyes 0_0

Yoruichi is not BLACK????!!!!
Ok Kitten, here is the link to the page in the chapter where Yammi conferms it IMHO.http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/198/12/

There are some that subscribe to the theory that she is Indian (from India) that is also a posibility. Though I do have a co-worker from Sri Lanka that looks quite a bit like Yourichi. So my opinion is that she is black. It's just my opinion though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Whether she is a cat or human Yoruichi is black.
It's not racist, she truthfully does have a darker skin pallor.
Whose the Vaizard you're talking about MAQI?
Well in my opinion Love Aikawa, is black but light skinned, maybe of mixed race. All these views of character are mine, that is the beauty of reading manga, the characters can be whatever you imagin them to be, so everyone sees what they want to see.

I'm going to finish this conversation here for myself because I don't want to be called raciest again for something so stupid. Like I said everyone sees what they want to see.

Last edited by MAQI; 2010-04-25 at 23:37.
MAQI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 00:17   Link #117
Alchemist007
*Author

Since SS is made up of dead ppl in general, it would make sense not every captain or shinigami was Japanese. Not much excuse for Karakura town though. Yoruichi does give off an Indian vibe though. I know an Indian girl that's pretty much just like her.
Old 2010-04-26, 02:56   Link #118
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Since SS is made up of dead ppl in general, it would make sense not every captain or shinigami was Japanese.
If you're going by such logic then it really doesn't make sense that SS would be based on Japanese culture.

And ofcourse. There's also the problem of why all the Espada are Spanish.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 03:05   Link #119
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And ofcourse. There's also the problem of why all the Espada are Spanish.
Maybe Kubo hates Mexicans/Spaniards and is implying that they are all evil, malicious people?
Old 2010-04-26, 06:04   Link #120
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
You have obviously never been to Japan.

The Japanese, as a race, are about as eclectic as they come.