Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-01-05, 00:03   Link #121
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
If you go in straight line, the game takes 60-80h to be completed.
The plot and game dynamics dramatically change at the end of chap3 and at the start of chap4. It takes a long while from chap 1 to chap 3 so you get accustomed to the gameplay and the plot setup.
I got to chapter 4. I can see what you mean. It got better.

At the same time, I haven't had any crashes yet with over maybe 30 hours spent on the game, and that's weird because I've left it open/in sleep mode/and running in super long extended sessions all day (10-13 hours) at least twice now ... so I don't know. Maybe crashes are really just random.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-11, 21:12   Link #122
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So like how do you guys deal with the sometimes ridiculous requirements on field skills gating some content without having to fellate RNGesus for the necessary blade core rolls?

Because I have 4 quests stuck due to not having enough field skill levels.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-11, 22:50   Link #123
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So like how do you guys deal with the sometimes ridiculous requirements on field skills gating some content without having to fellate RNGesus for the necessary blade core rolls?

Because I have 4 quests stuck due to not having enough field skill levels.
Just leave them for later. Your map records every one that exists (stuff like treasure chests that only occur once disappear after success though) on the map, so you can tell where they are when you want to go back to get them. A lot of the required skills can be found on the common Blades and you'll definitely eventually get enough, but the hard ones are the ones that require skills that only exist on Rare Blades.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 00:12   Link #124
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*finishes main story*

*does that Raoh no regrets thing*

Nia is best girl.
Floren is best waifu.
(And any long "deeper" thoughts on the game are on my blog)

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2018-01-18, 00:28   Link #125
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

God this game would be so much better if you didnt need to equip blades to get field skills to activate. I jus went through my blade catalogue and realized I had enough field skills to finish half my unfinished quests...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 12:49   Link #126
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
(And any long "deeper" thoughts on the game are on my blog)
Going to reply here as it is kind of more convenient with quotes etc

Spoiler for End game:
Old 2018-01-18, 13:27   Link #127
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Spoiler for 1, X, and 2:
Old 2018-01-18, 16:02   Link #128
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
God this game would be so much better if you didnt need to equip blades to get field skills to activate. I jus went through my blade catalogue and realized I had enough field skills to finish half my unfinished quests...
Yeah, but if you could just use all Blades in your stock, that kinda makes the point of high-level requirements like Yaegiri's Fire 9 or Wind 9 moot.

Old 2018-01-18, 16:35   Link #129
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for End game:

As an alternative, I think they should just have made a skill check so if you can fulfill the requirements within 12-15 blades (emulating that all drivers have changed their blades minus Tora), then the skill check would work without being forced to requip everything.
I wasn't that bothered by it, except Elpys considering the requirements for the main path but also some stupid stuff for subquests (like that Botany 10).
Old 2018-01-22, 10:21   Link #130
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Okay, so I’m well into chapter 5, I’ve got the rumor about the crystal hunters, and I went behind the market and the inn in Torigoth. Why isn’t the Crystal Clear quest activating?

EDIT: I didn’t have enough core crystals.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2018-01-22 at 11:43.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 11:49   Link #131
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You need something like 10 core crystals to activate that quest. After all, they are core hunters, so you have to bait them.
Old 2018-01-22, 12:36   Link #132
coded321
He Who Games

How do you guys feel about the RNG regarding core crystals? Some forums I've seen generally agree that the RNG is horrid, or at least the way it was set up. I mean really, getting a common blade from a legendary core crystal, seriously? I was inclined to agree that the RNG was BS, but then I remembered that the second rare blade I got in chapter 3 from a rare crystal was KOS-MOS. Since then I haven't been as lucky, as most rares my rex got were HLRs while Nia kept getting ATKs or TNKs. Its also like my boosters and luck stats have no affect on the rare blade drop rate.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 13:02   Link #133
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The concept itself wasn't so bad in my opinion, because it gives some kind of unique experience when it comes to a playthrough. You can't exactly play the same if you have KOS-MOS early or not.

However, I agree they dropped the ball hard when it comes to the % of chances, but again, I think a lot of people are obsessed about rare blades whereas generic blades can be incredibly busted depending of the battle skills and stats modifier (I think I've seen a 26% agi mod generic tank blade on twitter).
I think they should have done so Rare cores and Legendary cores were all the same, with a guaranteed drop but are much rarer than usual, OR make every rare blades tied to a specific core.

The latter option would have made more sense considering the nature of the blades.
Old 2018-01-22, 18:47   Link #134
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Yeah, I definitely wish they’d tied every rare blade to a specific core. I just went through 40+ common, 15+ rare, and 2 legendary cores last night without a single rare blade pop. >.<
Old 2018-01-24, 22:10   Link #135
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Phew, after a lot and lot and lot of opening Crystals, I finally got COSMOS and completed my collection.

To be honest, once you get strong enough to fight that Lv99 pet, you will have no trouble getting Rare and Epic/Legendary Crystals. The only thing that really takes a long time is opening them up one by one.
I guess it would have been nice if there was a meter that slowly fills up whenever you open a crystal, and giving you 100% a Rare Blade when it is full.

Old 2018-02-03, 19:19   Link #136
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

So I’m on chapter 8 and at the start of the World Tree at about level 60, what’s a good way to farm for core crystals to unlock more rare blades? And does it hurt that my Idea levels aren’t in the 10s?

I’m also having a bit of a problem building my chain combos. I’ve got art canceling down flat, but my combo meter often runs out before my other characters can get a special ready for the next step in the branch. This gets even worse with all the knockdowns and knockbacks from bosses.
Old 2018-02-03, 19:36   Link #137
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
So I’m on chapter 8 and at the start of the World Tree at about level 60, what’s a good way to farm for core crystals to unlock more rare blades? And does it hurt that my Idea levels aren’t in the 10s?

I’m also having a bit of a problem building my chain combos. I’ve got art canceling down flat, but my combo meter often runs out before my other characters can get a special ready for the next step in the branch. This gets even worse with all the knockdowns and knockbacks from bosses.
mor ardain salvaging, the giant bug in the stomach in urya, the level 99 unique monster relentless arduran but if you killed the the baby arduran you were supposed to feed you are out of luck on that one
Old 2018-02-03, 21:09   Link #138
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

You mean that pain in the @$$ quest in Torigoth in the harvest fields where you have to feed him s ton of all kinds of food? Nope I haven’t touched him. I knew he’d be useful somewhere down the line.
Old 2018-02-03, 21:11   Link #139
shadow1296

Quote:
You mean that pain in the @$$ quest in Torigoth in the harvest fields where you have to feed him s ton of all kinds of food? Nope I haven’t touched him. I knew he’d be useful somewhere down the line.
yep that one, once you feed him and he becomes a full adult he becomes a unique monster, he can easily produce 99 legendary cores in an hour through the driver combo(break, topple, launch, smash)
Old 2018-02-03, 23:55   Link #140
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:

The Idea only increases chances, but you know percentages, right? It's 100% if you get the 1%. For Level 60, I personally would wait until Chp 9 or 10 before starting the farming.

For Chain Combos, it is difficult to do it by yourself. You usually need two people to do a combo, though if you want to do it by yourself, you should use Blade Switching as you get full charged Arts whenever you switch. And then switch back to the main Blade.