AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-25, 05:35   Link #9421
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I don't know what got into me when I wrote this but... yeah..

Spoiler for Scene:
Old 2011-11-25, 05:39   Link #9422
Eratas123

@ Meister - Okay, so Irish, Max and Rong are the only non-japanese. Of those three, Irish is presumably the only westerner, considering his features. I thought the IS cast was multi-national?

@ Hawke - Just perfect! I don't know why, but reading fics about IS pilots that are actually female is very refreshing.
Old 2011-11-25, 05:44   Link #9423
demino_hellsin
That one guy

slow day...
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 05:47   Link #9424
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - Not really, discussing here is fun for me. I'm also making progress with Daydreams chapter 5 part 2.
Old 2011-11-25, 05:52   Link #9425
demino_hellsin
That one guy

nah, I just meant the day feels like it's dragging on )...

Do we have a xover between IS and the world god only knows yet? (I don't have the skills to write that >.>)
Old 2011-11-25, 05:53   Link #9426
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

@Wavehawk: I like this. Nick Fury will have even more reason to go to ISA and drag the St@rs in the name of the Avenger initiative. >:3

And wait till Browning runs in to her old boss. Sparks will fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Meister - Okay, so Irish, Max and Rong are the only non-japanese. Of those three, Irish is presumably the only westerner, considering his features. I thought the IS cast was multi-national?
There aren't too many guys in canon. Study population is not reflective of greater population.

On the other hand, for girls I tried to keep the spread as even as possible. For example, [God's Right Hand] has 4 disabled orphans from Brazil, Papua New Ginea, Africa and Italy. The US contingent has Spanish, Aztec, Mexican and other South American representatives. Russia is the most extreme example, I made sure that all 60+ of them came from everywhere else.

While Vandam was chosen to focus on Singapore, later fics will expand the scope to include the rest of the Foundation. I know I will use Florina Blanc to get in to the Australian perspective.
Old 2011-11-25, 06:02   Link #9427
Eratas123

@demino_hellsin - I'll do it, just wait for it.

@ Meister - Still, you'd think more of us would make more varied choices than Japanese male, this is odd since some of the OC's are from foreign origins yet still retain full Japanese blood for some reason.

I tried to avoid this by making Irish's nationality unknown, his looks are described to be unclear and his skin tone and hair makes others believe he's an albino. His bishonen features make it extremely hard to gauge his nationality.

Side note - What's God's Right Hand?
Old 2011-11-25, 06:36   Link #9428
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Meister - Still, you'd think more of us would make more varied choices than Japanese male, this is odd since some of the OC's are from foreign origins yet still retain full Japanese blood for some reason.

I tried to avoid this by making Irish's nationality unknown, his looks are described to be unclear and his skin tone and hair makes others believe he's an albino. His bishonen features make it extremely hard to gauge his nationality.
Half of ISA is Japanese after all. But I'll take this into account should I find reason to introduce more men.

Quote:
Side note - What's God's Right Hand?
Remember what I said about the EU's idea of powering up their IS is by using special pilots? The supersoldier idea is the 'conventional' idea. God's Right Hand is almost the exact opposite.

[God's Right Hand] is an elite squad of IS pilots assembled by Bernadette Helena Francesco, the current Pope of the Vatican (okay she's a girl Pope, I think all RCC will now kill me). The idea was to use disabled girls who have overcome their disabilities on their own to become pilots of IS. Because their bodies would have adapted to their lack, when IS gives them back use of the damaged part, their bodies and the IS interact and become enhanced.

The Germans once scoffed at this idea, but so far, Bernadette's chosen have been making them supers eat cake. Especially even though none of God's Right Hand are Ispers. :3

One girl is blind, another lost her arms to necrotising facisitis, and a third is hemiplegic. I haven't thought of the 4th one yet, but she'll be based on Termie's Vatican OC.

Once the idea gains popularity, Bernadette hopes to use IS to bring hope to the less fortunate in the world, and spread His Word further.

And yes, Bernadette herself is an IS pilot, and a very h4xx one -- SSS Rank. Her IS itself originates from the Bible that she memorized in herself. Her faith was so powerful that the Rafale unit she was given was overwritten and completely transformed when it achieved First Shift. No one knows how it works, or even set eyes on it; when she activates her IS, the brilliance of its aura overwhelms even the strongest IS filters. Most of the time, she only has the sceptor manifested, which is crazy-powerful enough.
Old 2011-11-25, 06:36   Link #9429
Eratas123

@ Stratos - Just say your post. Nice segment

@ Meister - The Vatican!? You've gotta be kidding me! This is just like To Aru Index all over again! Treme's Vatican OC will make an appearance in Shadow in both Irish's and Kyuukai's segment. Of course, Irish finds the peace loving Vatican promoting the IS pilots to extremely Ironic. oh I'll get some flames when I have a child terrorist do missions in the Vatican and meet the archbishop (Don't want to make her pope)

How does her IS work? And what do you mean it's aura overwhelms IS filters? Does that mean no one can stare at it? I'll probably have to make her an all powerful by-stander. Could just as easily own PT but is pacifistic and refuses to fight for anything other than self defense. Of course, Irish gets pissed off again with her reasoning.
Old 2011-11-25, 06:47   Link #9430
HasuMasu
*Artist

Reading Itou Junji right now, might affect my writing, no, it definitely will.

Google him, but be warned, "Relinquish all hope, ye who enter here...".
Old 2011-11-25, 06:51   Link #9431
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Meister - The Vatican!? You've gotta be kidding me! This is just like To Aru Index all over again! Treme's Vatican OC will make an appearance in Shadow in both Irish's and Kyuukai's segment. Of course, Irish finds the peace loving Vatican promoting the IS pilots to extremely Ironic. oh I'll get some flames when I have a child terrorist do missions in the Vatican and meet the archbishop (Don't want to make her pope)

How does her IS work? And what do you mean it's aura overwhelms IS filters? Does that mean no one can stare at it? I'll probably have to make her an all powerful by-stander. Could just as easily own PT but is pacifistic and refuses to fight for anything other than self defense. Of course, Irish gets pissed off again with her reasoning.
It will be revealed that her IS can't fight. Like God, it is a non-biased by-stander to human affairs. But it is nigh indestructible, and it's many OOAs borrow from the Bible to perform miracles. Only the Staff is capable of attack, but it can only be manifest without activating the IS fully, and its rank is around A+ to S.

Instead, it is [God's Right Hand] who fight, hence their name.
Old 2011-11-25, 06:52   Link #9432
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Reading Itou Junji right now, might affect my writing, no, it definitely will.

Google him, but be warned, "Relinquish all hope, ye who enter here...".
You mean when you actually get off your lazy butt to write them? I'll prepare for it come next month, maybe 3 more if I'm lucky

@ Meister - Vatican will be a setting for some missions in Shadow. That's when they'll meet Arch-bishop hax Treme's Vatican OC will be one of the main viewpoint characters along with the three protags. Hilariously, she'll try to convince Irish (The only protag with no religion) to take christianity as his belief. Works just about as well as you'd expect

Side note - Where the hell did her IS come from? And please don't say "magic" or "faith", I find that improbable.
Old 2011-11-25, 06:59   Link #9433
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
You mean when you actually get off your lazy butt to write them? I'll prepare for it come next month, maybe 3 more if I'm lucky

@ Meister - Vatican will be a setting for some missions in Shadow. That's when they'll meet Arch-bishop hax Treme's Vatican OC will be one of the main viewpoint characters along with the three protags. Hilariously, she'll try to convince Irish (The only protag with no religion) to take christianity as his belief. Works just about as well as you'd expect

Side note - Where the hell did her IS come from? And please don't say "magic" or "faith", I find that improbable.
Exactly.
Old 2011-11-25, 06:59   Link #9434
demino_hellsin
That one guy

improbable is not impossible >

Don't most written works feature improbable events that happen 100% of the time?
Old 2011-11-25, 07:01   Link #9435
Eratas123

@ Box - I know Tomie, hard to believe anybody would fall for her since I don't find her attractive at the least. Hell, I yelled out in surprise when I saw her pic, I didn't do that even once when I watched Saw!

@ demino_hellsin - IS are made by science (Of a loose sense), having one appear out of nowhere just means it came from an alternate dimension and into the IS world through a plot hole.
Old 2011-11-25, 07:02   Link #9436
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Ange in Firemoth. End Of Discussion.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 07:06   Link #9437
Eratas123

@ Hawke - I thought it was orange and red? What would her dad think of her piloting something without his signature colors?
Old 2011-11-25, 07:09   Link #9438
demino_hellsin
That one guy

wait... so canon stated that IS comes from an alternate dimension?

Huh... now it reminds me of S-cryed
Old 2011-11-25, 07:12   Link #9439
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - NO! I meant that IS was made of science so IS coming out of magic looks really odd and unexplainable.

@ Zero - Do you know what a Tracheactomy is?
Old 2011-11-25, 07:14   Link #9440
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Don't we have a rule about something about technology being too high tech to explain or too complicated to bother explaining can be considered magic anyway and magic that can be systematically explained and categorized and given logical reasoning is no different than science?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest