AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2016-01-23, 16:31   Link #2481
ArrowSmith

The weird psychedelic art-work that happens during the battles can be a tad overwhelming. Didn't see the ending where Homura becomes the "Devil" to Madoka's "God". What I don't understand if why Madoka is willing to stay in this "reality" when Ep 12 established that she couldn't.

It's interesting that the root of it all if the love Homura has for Madoka and that she can't conceive of an existence without her. So her own mortality scares her because of that. I wonder if it's Gen Urobuchi having a mid-life crisis.

Also who didn't love it when near the end Homura growls at Kyubey "JUST SHUT UP". LOL, YES!
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-24, 13:18   Link #2482
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
She's able to stay in this reality because Homura is forcing her to, and it's implied she's warping the universe unnaturally to do so. It's probably not good.
Old 2016-10-03, 09:41   Link #2483
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched this movie today. Homura-chan is awesome - she finally got what she want.. which o f course what she wants is Madoka Kaname. Now Homura can give her all the love. *-*

Homu vs Mami battle scene is awesome.. the witch vs witches fight scenes are super weird, but still rather enjoyable. Nice seeing Sayaka is not stupid anymore, and Charlotte (Bebe) who is actually a good person helped them in that crucial battle.

Would like to share the Bebe cosplay of my friend Kassie. She has showed this to me before, but I appreciate it more now after seeing the movie.

[cosplay pics not shot by me, credits goes to her photographer]

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2016-10-03 at 10:19.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 16:24   Link #2484
woxx

this forum seems not to be very live, but i leave it here anyway
many fans think that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alx6StsZrdk
is trailer to a new project
but it's not, it's just a concept movie, sequel is not announced yet
I hope it will someday, but I'm slowly losing it
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 17:07   Link #2485
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I'm down for anything that can continue the story after Rebellion.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 01:38   Link #2486
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
this forum seems not to be very live, but i leave it here anyway
many fans think that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alx6StsZrdk
is trailer to a new project
but it's not, it's just a concept movie, sequel is not announced yet
I hope it will someday, but I'm slowly losing it
Ahem... We already have it straight from the horse's mouth that there will be some sort of new project and that the concept video is related to it. Of course, this announcement came close to a year ago and we've had absolutely nothing else announced since then, but don't go claiming it doesn't mean anything when the people who made the thing have outright stated that it does.
Old 2016-10-10, 12:59   Link #2487
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

I'm sure that we're drawing nearer and nearer to the project's release because they've really ramped up the production of Madoka stuff as of late. Wraith Arc, Magia Record, the pachinko machines, etcetera. They're probably holding off on a release date to prevent an Evangelion 3.0+1.0 situation.
Old 2016-10-13, 23:05   Link #2488
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'd gladly take more Madoka Magica in almost any form. That includes a direct continuation off of the Rebellion movie.

However, what I'm starting to think would be best is a total reboot and a mostly new direction.

Keep the same main cast, but go back to square one, with a mostly new plot and a new ending.

The biggest Homura fans seem very happy with Rebellion's ending, so fine, let them keep that. Let that be something they can continue to love and like, untarnished by a continuation. Let that be "Earth 1"
Madoka-verse. Now let's move on to "Earth 2", where things are a little different, and where someone other than Homura wins in the end (could be Madoka, could be Kyubey, could be someone else).

Going by the concept movie - Maybe make Madoka a literal ballerina, who privately dreams of being a magical girl before she ever learns of their real world existence. Make Homura a fan of ballerina Madoka who doesn't want Madoka to lose that to magical girl activities. Make Mami an insanely powerful General type magical girl, who has a more important role next time. Make Sayaka a ninja type magical girl that specializes in stealth and swiftness and is good with a blade, but not well-suited to all-out fights in the daylight (which is where Mami excels). Sayaka could be General Mami's top spy.

Maybe there's a big civil war in the puella magi world, with Mami leading one side and Homura (or Kyouko? Or Oriko from Oriko Magica?) leading the other. Mami/Sayaka/Nagisa would be on one side, and Homura/Kyouko/Oriko (or new girl?) would be on the other, in a real war over what puella magi should be. Maybe Kyubey is playing them off against each other for his own nefarious purposes. And maybe the story is about Madoka trying to bring peace between the warring sides.

So there you go - That's one reboot series concept.

It's been over 3 years since Rebellion aired, and while I'd love to see more Madoka, maybe it's time to move on from the original continuity. Maybe it would be nice to see old favorites in fresher and somewhat different roles. That might also be the best approach to take for being accessible to a new audience.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2016-10-13 at 23:21.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 09:09   Link #2489
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Sharing here the Homura-chan cosplay pics of my friend Regine. We shot these during Otaku Expo last August. I have not watched the movie yet at that time, so I did not understand why she put the gun to her head.

Pics shot by me.

Spoiler:
Old 2016-10-20, 06:16   Link #2490
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

She looks fantastic!
Old 2016-10-21, 14:17   Link #2491
woxx

well, considering this concept movie it won't be a reboot for sure
but they might come up with absolutely new protagonist
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-22, 10:30   Link #2492
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Probably not. They already have Nagisa to fill in.

That being said, there's strong implications of more girls coming out of the Law of Cycles, but they'll definitely be supporting roles.
Old 2016-10-23, 03:52   Link #2493
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
She looks fantastic!
Thank you' I've print screened yo ur comment. Going to show your comment to Regine. ^^

Anyway, hoping that the rumor that a new Madoka series is being produced is true.. some of my friends told about it but can't provide official source. ><

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2016-10-23 at 04:08.
Old 2016-10-23, 04:45   Link #2494
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Thank you' I've print screened yo ur comment. Going to show your comment to Regine. ^^

Anyway, hoping that the rumor that a new Madoka series is being produced is true.. some of my friends told about it but can't provide official source. ><
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...project/.96224
They confirmed last December that they're working on something. Whether that be a new series, a new movie or whatever, they didn't say and there hasn't been any info since then, but the concept video that they said would be the basis of this new project seemed to heavily imply a sequel to Rebellion. (The narration made overt references to what happened in the movie.)
Old 2016-10-23, 05:44   Link #2495
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
She looks fantastic!
Reply to you from Regine.
She's not a member of the forum, so I had to print screen from a facebook chat.

Hmm, and in case you like to see her other cosplays. This is her fanpage.

https://www.facebook.com/ReginePh/?fref=ts

@Vegard

That's amazing news! Thanks.

Well, whether it's new series or a continuation, or animation of one of the spin off chapters Oriko or Kazumi magica. More things from the Madoka universe is always good.
Old 2016-10-23, 08:50   Link #2496
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

@Liddo-kun: Just saw the Regine Homura cosplay you posted, and I must agree with Aura in that she looks excellent.

As for the new Madoka project, I heard about it, and too be honest, I'd be more surprised if Shaft didn't make another installment in the Madoka franchise, given the popularity of first the original series and then Rebellion. As for what exactly it is, we can't really say, but Rebellion definitely leaves it open for a sequel.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-24, 06:16   Link #2497
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Spartan

Hopefully, yes they make another 12 episode series or better a 24 episode one! Just like how when K-On became success, the follow up is a 24 episode series. Creators of madoka already got 400 million yen from their movie, that should be enough incentive to make more Madoka.

Thank you for the kindly comment on my friend's cosplay. I've already posted the link to her fanpage. You can check it out if you like to see more of her Homu-chan pics.
Old 2016-10-28, 17:46   Link #2498
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
@Spartan

Hopefully, yes they make another 12 episode series or better a 24 episode one! Just like how when K-On became success, the follow up is a 24 episode series. Creators of madoka already got 400 million yen from their movie, that should be enough incentive to make more Madoka.
Hey now, be careful what you wish for. You don't want a 24-episode series made out of a story that could be much more concisely told in 2 hours without missing a single relevant detail would you? The length of this new project should be determined by the complexity of the story they've come up with and how long it'll take for them to do that story justice, not by a simple "More is better" mentality. Apparently Rebellion was originally envisioned as a second season of the show but they decided to do it as a movie instead because the story just didn't have enough going on to warrant another 12 episodes of content. Heck, even as a 2-hour movie I felt it dragged.

...Also how did I not notice until today that the concept movie is now available in BD-quality?! Seriously, I'm a total failure as a fanboy here.
Also I just saw this video that raised an interesting point about how the sequel could potentially deal with Madoka regaining her memories and being sort of torn between her desire to stay with her friends and family, and her desire to save magical girls and such... And now I actually really want to see that. I mean it's certainly an idea with a lot more potential than what I came up with last year (where I basically just prioritized Homura's development to the point of just fridging Madoka and completely ignoring the entire rest of the cast), and one that could potentially make for a really interesting movie if done right.
Old 2018-11-20, 23:16   Link #2499
Mars Terra

Okay, I just finished watching this movie. I never intended to watch this movie as I've heard that it's a waste of time but everyone was referencing it in the discussion thread for the vanilla series. Now I need everyone to answer all of the questions that I had regarding this film.

Why does Sayaka know about witches when no one is supposed to remember anything about them?
How is Sayaka, Mami and Kyoko even here given that they were all erased from existence, a detail that I blatantly remember them explaining, not even trapped beyond the boundaries of reality, but actually erased.
Why is Madoka able to even able to try to save Homura when she is not within the bounds of reality and therefore not able to interact with things that are?
Why did the Incubators become curious regarding the existence of a entity that they were sure wasn't real?
How was Homura able to become so powerful as to rewrite the fabric of space-time?

Currently reading:: The Sirens of Titan.
Mars Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-21, 09:27   Link #2500
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Terra View Post
Why does Sayaka know about witches when no one is supposed to remember anything about them?
She's been hanging out with Madoka in Magical Girl Heaven. It's not too much of a stretch to assume that Madoka filled her in on the details.

Quote:
How is Sayaka, Mami and Kyoko even here given that they were all erased from existence, a detail that I blatantly remember them explaining, not even trapped beyond the boundaries of reality, but actually erased.
Um, Kyouko and Mami were both alive at the end of the series, their deaths by witch having been retconned along with the existence of witches. And the whole "erasaed from existence" thing was never confirmed by anyone who actually knew what was going on, and Urobuchi later came out and said that what really happened was that Madoka took Sayaka and other magical girls like her away to Magical Girl Heaven.

Quote:
Why is Madoka able to even able to try to save Homura when she is not within the bounds of reality and therefore not able to interact with things that are?
Madoka can do one thing, and one thing only: Purify near-broken Soul Gems. Homura's Soul Gem had reached that point, ergo, cue Madoka. Everything beyond that is basically just explained by Kyubey's technobabble in the movie itself.

Quote:
Why did the Incubators become curious regarding the existence of a entity that they were sure wasn't real?
They heard what Homura said on the matter in episode 12, and thought it all sounded legit enough to make an attempt since it could potentially help them further their own goal.

Quote:
How was Homura able to become so powerful as to rewrite the fabric of space-time?
The only interpretation I've heard for this part that made any sense (The movie's own explanation sure as hell didn't) is that Homura basically short-circuited the universe itself; Madoka's wish had rendered witches utterly impossible, but Homura physically stopped Madoka from purifying her Soul Gem, which would mean that she had no other outcome besides to become a witch, but she couldn't become a witch because that would go against the nigh-omnipotent Madoka's universe-rewriting wish, so... the universe basically took a third option and turned her into something neither magical girl nor witch, and her unfathomable power kinda fits with the whole "karmic potential" thing the show had going because she just literally broke reality, so of course her transformation would be the most OP thing in existence.

...It makes more sense than "My Soul Gem was not corrupted by curses, but by love", anyway.

Tags
madoka